Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #991
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
With the chassis dimension comparisons, I'm gonna bet that Nissan is gonna be on Subaru's shitlist just like Porsche. I can feel it.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #992
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
HAHAHHAHAH!!! IM THE FIRST ONE TO GET THIS UP!!!!

MAN...im good...who predicted that it would use an MR or HR variant engine??? (the answer is ME damn it) but im still gonna bet that they increase it to a 2 litre when its officially announced in 2009 (either at detroit auto show or LA auto show)

Please Nissan, PLEASE let us know at Detroit!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #993
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Please Nissan, PLEASE let us know at Detroit!

Seriously.
slidingsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #994
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
1.6L Turbo instead of a small v6? Curious decision. Is the VQ really that bigger (physical dimensions) or heavier than the HR series?

Is a 1.6L turbo inherently more fuel efficient than a small (2.4L) vq?

I hope they don't make it TOO much like the V36 coupe...that things lines are flawed.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #995
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
nissan will let you guys know if you buy a ton of my hoodies that are available thru the link in my sig!!!

lol...i kid i kid

but yah...im still holding to my idea of 2007 being the year of the GTR, 2008 being the year of the 370z and 2009 being the year of the 200sx/Silvia

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #996
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
You guys think they will drop the turbo and up the liters?
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #997
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
1.6L Turbo instead of a small v6? Curious decision. Is the VQ really that bigger (physical dimensions) or heavier than the HR series?

Is a 1.6L turbo inherently more fuel efficient than a small (2.4L) vq?

I hope they don't make it TOO much like the V36 coupe...that things lines are flawed.
(not being mean in saying this)...you guys need to read thru more of this thread before asking questions like that...its already been answered

the 4cyl coupe is nissans revival of the entry level RWD sports car...like the 350z was the revival of the Z heritage...and how the V6 was the revival of the GTR heritage (remember how people were saying that it was going to get a V8???)

the new infiniti "bmw 1 series fighter" based from the new silvia/200sx will recieve the small 2.5 litre V6 (this has covered a TON of times aleady in this thread by exitspeed and i)

nissan knows what its market wants with an entry level coupe...and its NOT a V6...if you want a V6 you guy a Z

Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #998
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
You guys think they will drop the turbo and up the liters?
NO!!! who gives a shit about larger displacement...id much rather have forged internals that are capable of 500+ hp STOCK with a turbo (ie: SR and CA) than pissy little weak rods and pistons that can barely handle 300+hp (ie: KA and QR)

car manufacturers of today have to think about fuel economy as well as performance...and in the next 5-10 years, the automotive market in the US will have quite a few small displacement 4 cyl turbo motors on the road in new cars...larger displacement motors are out...small displacement with forced induction are in

Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #999
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
NO!!! who gives a shit about larger displacement...id much rather have forged internals that are capable of 500+ hp STOCK with a turbo (ie: SR and CA) than pissy little weak rods and pistons that can barely handle 300+hp (ie: KA and QR)

car manufacturers of today have to think about fuel economy as well as performance...and in the next 5-10 years, the automotive market in the US will have quite a few small displacement 4 cyl turbo motors on the road in new cars...larger displacement motors are out...small displacement with forced induction are in
Oh, I totally agree. I just don't want to be let down
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #1000
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
.larger displacement motors are out...small displacement with forced induction are in
This is the absolute truth. We are going to see so many smaller engines being offered along with FI combined with more lightweight materials and smaller dimensions.

These are the trends we are going to see going into the future.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #1001
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
This is the absolute truth. We are going to see so many smaller engines being offered along with FI combined with more lightweight materials and smaller dimensions.

These are the trends we are going to see going into the future.
i heart you...no seriously i do lol

Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #1002
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Hahaha, with gas prices up, it only makes sense. Although they do have v8s and v10s with multi-cylinder shutoff tech, that'll be a thing for the SUVS and sedans.

But hot damn, ~2700lbs + ~250hp is gonna feel goooooood.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:12 AM   #1003
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Hahaha, with gas prices up, it only makes sense. Although they do have v8s and v10s with multi-cylinder shutoff tech, that'll be a thing for the SUVS and sedans.

i cant stand that V8s and V10s do that...the V8 and V10 (outside of commercial vehicles that require such torque and power) need to be done away with in cars and trucks...the whole turning cylinders off to conserve gas millage is horse shit...ford was touting how awesome it was in one of their stupid SUVs...the gas millage they obtained with this technology, the japanese and europeans have been doing for YEARS...its like "hi american car company...welcome to the party...weve all been here for a while and were about to leave...but you can stay and think youre the center of attention if you want to"

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 10-16-2008 at 11:37 AM..
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #1004
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Yea, that technology will get better and better and be combined with hybrid technology too.

Quote:
But hot damn, ~2700lbs + ~250hp is gonna feel goooooood.
Hell I'd be happy with a 2.0t pumping out 220-225hp with that weight. It's won't be a 13 sec car, but I'm sure it'll be nuts in the twisties. I hope they tune it on the Ring too.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #1005
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
...but I'm sure it'll be nuts in the twisties. I hope they tune it on the Ring too.
That's what I'm looking forward to. Anyone have an idea of the top lap times for compact sport cars? I wanna see what it's up against.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #1006
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
...It won't be a 13 sec car, but I'm sure it'll be nuts in the twisties...

a boost controller can fix that problem easily

Old 10-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #1007
drift925
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
drift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfectiondrift925 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
a boost controller can fix that problem easily
free flowing exhaust and boost controller
drift925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #1008
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
a VR38 swap can fix that problem easily
fixed for ya
Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #1009
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
fixed for ya
nein, naj, niet, iea, and NO!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #1010
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
That's what I'm looking forward to. Anyone have an idea of the top lap times for compact sport cars? I wanna see what it's up against.
Well the FASTEST sport compact car ever tested on The Ring is the Coballt SS Turbo that ran a 8:22. To put it into perspective, that is faster then the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, BMW M3 E46, Audi S5, Lotus Exige S, Porsche Cayman S, BMW 335i E92 Coupe, 350z, C5 Vette, and a Honda S2000.

The next actual sport compact car on the list is the Mazda MS3, then R32 VW.

Like I've said before if Nissan can work even half it's magic of the GTR on the new 240, I'd expect to find the new 240 around the 8:35-8:30 lap times putting it faster then the 350z and 993 Carrrera. I mean we're talking about pure bragging rights for Nissan if they can accomplish this. Especially if they can get some the 370 in the low 8's (8 flat would be a nice number).
Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #1011
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
im excited. i hope they make something official at detroit. at the very least an announcement. pls nissan. i <3 u
Old 10-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #1012
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
im excited. i hope they make something official at detroit. at the very least an announcement. pls nissan. i <3 u
Me too as I will be there covering the event.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #1013
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

honestly...if u look at the big picture of it all...nissan has no choice but to announce something as soon as possible...the new genesis coupe is out next year and is already being hyped as the next big entry level sports coupe...there have already been photos of the toybaru test chassis running around in japan...and nissan has excluded all entry level buyer ideas period by raising the base price of the 370z to the 36-38k range which has now created an even larger hole in their car line up that neither the altima coupe or sentra "uglier than sin" SE-R cannot even begin to fill

if nissan doesnt make an official announcement within the next few months...theyre gonna be suffering a huge blow (given toyota has made it OFFICIAL the toybaru will be ready in 2011 and on sale early that year)

Old 10-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #1014
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
i'm anticipating for this so bad, i'm in need of a new car soon, and i really don't want to get a used car. we'll see in detroit maybe????!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #1015
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Well the FASTEST sport compact car ever tested on The Ring is the Coballt SS Turbo that ran a 8:22. To put it into perspective, that is faster then the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, BMW M3 E46, Audi S5, Lotus Exige S, Porsche Cayman S, BMW 335i E92 Coupe, 350z, C5 Vette, and a Honda S2000.

The next actual sport compact car on the list is the Mazda MS3, then R32 VW.

Like I've said before if Nissan can work even half it's magic of the GTR on the new 240, I'd expect to find the new 240 around the 8:35-8:30 lap times putting it faster then the 350z and 993 Carrrera. I mean we're talking about pure bragging rights for Nissan if they can accomplish this. Especially if they can get some the 370 in the low 8's (8 flat would be a nice number).
Mel do not expect it to be quicker than a 370 around the ring. Nissan will not overshadow the Z's performance for the sake of entry level machine. Let alone making it faster than a 993 lol. Please people get handle on yourselves here.

My sources at Nissan have not even seen brouchures for the 370 which usually come out 2-3 months before the actual car shows up on showroom floors. It will debut at the Auto show coming up here in Los Angeles. Though it will probably not hit showroom floors till sometime next spring. Expect the 240 replacement to be shown in late 2009 or early 2010 and not to hit showroom floors till late 2010 or even early 2011.

Expect the HP to be 200-250 Max. Remember it has to be quick but it also has to not overshadow the Z. Nissan made this mistake once before with the 180sx in Japan. They will play it very carefully.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #1016
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Oh, my bad i meant the 350Z. Not the 370. No that would not make any sense at all.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #1017
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Can the 370Z get its own thread? I mean...I have a feeling it will...but its getting quite overshadowed in this thread...

As for the post dorkidori_s13 made...it does seem interesting and I know other people were guessing a MR variant engine.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #1018
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/176339-370z...highlight=370z
Old 10-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #1019
Mi Beardo es Loco
Nissanaholic!

Location: A place where boob jobs ruined the best thing about being a fat chick.
Mi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfectionMi Beardo es Loco is close to perfection
I think the eventual elimination of the v6 and v8's is pretty much inevitable on affordable cars. Over the next 10 years you'll see the reintroduction of turbo I4 Diesels and the introduction of turbo I4's to the American public.
Any of you guys watch gay porn?
Mi Beardo es Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #1020
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
...It will debut at the Auto show coming up here in Los Angeles...Expect the 240 replacement to be shown in late 2009 or early 2010 and not to hit showroom floors till late 2010 or even early 2011
im gonna have to argue the release date on it with yah...nissan and toyota have long had fueds on who can have cars out first...i seriously think nissan will get the jump on toyota by AT LEAST 6-9 months in releasing the 2010 200sx...im pretty sure it will be out early 2010 (at the latest)...both toyota/subaru and nissan are gunning hardkore for the market hyundai has already gotten the jump on them with...and as soon as the 370z hits show rooms...nissans performance gap is going to get HUGE from the no entry level RWD coupe space that the 350z once KIND OF occupied (POS Sentra SE-R > Altima Coupe > ..... NOTHING!!!! ..... > 370z > GTR)

if nissan doesnt have something in show rooms well before the new toybaru...theyre going to get stung pretty hard by 2 major companies getting the jump on them