Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #1021
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
On an unrelated note: Anybody know where I can find performance specs for the SW20 MR2? I'm talking 0-60, slalom, skidpad, braking, etc? Preferably turbo.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #1022
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
On an unrelated note: Anybody know where I can find performance specs for the SW20 MR2? I'm talking 0-60, slalom, skidpad, braking, etc? Preferably turbo.
Don't know how credible this is, but it's the only thing I found with more data than 0-60.

'93 MR-2
200hp turbo I4
0-60: 6.1secs
1/4 mile: 14.7 @94mph
skidpad: 0.91g

Year Make Model Engine HP Torque 0-60 ¼ Mile Skidpad
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #1023
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Thanks! Just what I was looking for. Too bad 240's and FC's aren't on there for comparison. But on the other hand, FD's and MKIV Supras cleaned up for the imports...
Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #1024
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Don't know how credible this is, but it's the only thing I found with more data than 0-60.

'93 MR-2
200hp turbo I4
0-60: 6.1secs
1/4 mile: 14.7 @94mph
skidpad: 0.91g

Year Make Model Engine HP Torque 0-60 ¼ Mile Skidpad

ya that chart has wild swings in skidpad ratings for same vehicles for instance they have the Supra Turbo running anywhere from .98-.94 which on the high side pretty amazing and suggest modded suspensions. I don't recall people talking about its amazing skidpad rating. Just that it was a great car but heavy. As are almost all Toyota's except the 80's MR2 MKI and Corolla and the MRS and FRS are heavy by nature. LOL

Also that MR2 rating is anywhere from 0.86 which I believe to .91 which would be with upgraded suspension as well.

I have owned and driven MKII MR2's and while they are fun to drive. They have a break away point where they just want to spin and not nicely Heavy for what they are,. nott a bad car but not really forgiving at all. Definitely does not lend itself to doing any drifting.

Oh and that list does not even have 240sx's and does have a Z32 300ZX pulling anywhere from .88 - .95 which suggests stock to modified too . It also has a R34 pulling the same numbers as a stock 240sx.

That list is very suspect, as it suggest modified cars without saying so. That should be taken into account before using it as a reference point.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #1025
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
BRZ STi is coming

http://jalopnik.com/the-subaru-brz-s...ked-1024198473

STI

but wait, there's more not sure if the same or not but:

http://www.7tune.com/news-the-facts-...ti-ts-version/

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #1026
kamilitaryman
Zilvia Junkie

kamilitaryman has a little shameless behavior in the past
^ fuck yes! I'd be in for one!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #1027
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
BRZ STi is coming

The Subaru BRZ STi Just Leaked

STI

but wait, there's more not sure if the same or not but:

NEWS – THE FACTS ABOUT THE BRZ STi tS VERSION : 7Tune.com
Until they confirm a factory turbo, I remain uninterested.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #1028
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Until they confirm a factory turbo, I remain uninterested.
I don't want to burst any bubbles but...

Quote:
"STI is working on finalizing creation of the special version of BRZ, which would be unveiled in "some time" (secret). Turbocharger is NOT in the concept of this greatly balanced FR sports car, so we would concentrate our developments on suspension, handling, performance improvements and sports styling. The turbocharged version of BRZ will remain only in GT300 Championship."
-Hiroyuki Karamatsu, President of Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)
There's more info over at FT86 Club forums... You guys can check out more info right here!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #1029
s14SRguy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
s14SRguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my friend has a BRZ and my notch top zenki and my friends s13 redtop kick its ass all the time.

nissan should just bring back the s13, s14, and s15, but in the states. throw some sr20det's in that shit and bring it stateside.

Who wouldnt love buying a BRAND FUCKING NEW s13 in 2013?

that shit would be awesome. then i dont have to dodge cops and refs because of fucking california politrix and goverment extortion.
s14SRguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #1030
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I don't want to burst any bubbles but...

There's more info over at FT86 Club forums... You guys can check out more info right here!
What a shame smh. This car has no hope. JDM rwd cars have no hope and frankly it's unfortunate and disappointing
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #1031
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post

read the U.S. dollar price for that car $41k and no turbo!
Ya they are smoking some serious crack over in Japan. Suburu should just drop the BRZ leave the FRS/FT86 to Toyota and let Toyota Supercharge or turbo it themselves.
Hell Suburu U.S. is not selling tons of BRZ's anyways. Everyone can buy the same car from Scion for 2-3k less . ya it does not have a few interior bells and whistles but who cares..

This whole thing is turning into a joke on Suburu. Toyota is cleaning their clock.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 08-07-2013 at 03:20 AM..
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #1032
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Personally, I just can't imagine many shoppers walking into a Subaru dealer and passing over the WRX which is the exact same price as the BRZ with but has 65hp more.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #1033
59bhp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
59bhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Hell Suburu U.S. is not selling tons of BRZ's anyways.
im not sure how it works in the us but in the uk subaru are only aloud to sell 1 brz for every ten toyotas.

Someone i know had to wait about 6 months for theirs (brz)
59bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #1034
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
^^^Personally, I just can't imagine many shoppers walking into a Subaru dealer and passing over the WRX which is the exact same price as the BRZ with but has 65hp more.
And AWD for them snow and rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #1035
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Some people might want a RWD coupe vs. a AWD sedan. Also, while this is subjective, the looks of the BRZ is more appealing than the WRX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
im not sure how it works in the us but in the uk subaru are only aloud to sell 1 brz for every ten toyotas.

Someone i know had to wait about 6 months for theirs (brz)

It's very similar here in the US as well. I believe in some of the states they are already sold out.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #1036
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Some people might want a RWD coupe vs. a AWD sedan. Also, while this is subjective, the looks of the BRZ is more appealing than the WRX.
I can understand this. I like the look of the BRZ more, I would prefer a RWD coupe as well. My only issue is that like simmode1 I cannot walk past a 265HP turbo car with potential to push the engine higher and pay more for an a car that has an engine that has less HP, and would require THOUSANDS of dollars more to make more HP.

I know it is not all about HP. I don't need a stock car that can pull lateral G's like a Porsche. I wouldn't mind modifying it to that though.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #1037
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Exactly. I love RWD as much as the next guy. But the WRX just seems like a much better value than the BRZ to me. If they ever did decide to turbo the BRZ, I'd bet good money that It'll still make less stock hp than the WRX, but cost as much as the STI.

With the BRZ and WRX at the same price points, I find it hard to imagine how they'll both survive being in the same stable competing with each other.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #1038
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
read the U.S. dollar price for that car $41k and no turbo!
Ya they are smoking some serious crack over in Japan. Suburu should just drop the BRZ leave the FRS/FT86 to Toyota and let Toyota Supercharge or turbo it themselves.
Hell Suburu U.S. is not selling tons of BRZ's anyways. Everyone can buy the same car from Scion for 2-3k less . ya it does not have a few interior bells and whistles but who cares..

This whole thing is turning into a joke on Suburu. Toyota is cleaning their clock.
It's true on sales. The BRZ is selling for about $2100 more then the FRS on average but for the first 12 months they were on sale 17,686 FES were sold versus just 6,744 BRZ's.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #1039
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Safe to say Subaru could be throwing these into those end-of-the-year clearance sales?? Tempting.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #1040
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It's true on sales. The BRZ is selling for about $2100 more then the FRS on average but for the first 12 months they were on sale 17,686 FES were sold versus just 6,744 BRZ's.
Wow the numbers are even that low for the FRS. Seriously think about this for a moment. The First two years the 240sx was on sale they did 60k units per year. For the FRS to only have done 17,686 in its first year. Pretty much constitutes a failure in the automotive world.
Or is this a year to date figure? Which means the Year is officially complete? Because if its a full year figure its terrible.
If Nissan is watching this for a gauge to putting out a replacement for the 180sx/Silvia/240sx is does not bode well. They will see the numbers as insignificant.

Perhaps Toyota needs to step up their advertising game. Surely do not see many ads for the car now.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #1041
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Wow the numbers are even that low for the FRS. Seriously think about this for a moment. The First two years the 240sx was on sale they did 60k units per year. For the FRS to only have done 17,686 in its first year. Pretty much constitutes a failure in the automotive world.
Or is this a year to date figure? Which means the Year is officially complete? Because if its a full year figure its terrible.
If Nissan is watching this for a gauge to putting out a replacement for the 180sx/Silvia/240sx is does not bode well. They will see the numbers as insignificant.

Perhaps Toyota needs to step up their advertising game. Surely do not see many ads for the car now.
It's not a failure if they had the business model to only sell that many. Cars in these segments just don't sell like they used to. Hell convertible sales are virtually non existent but Mazda has no plans on getting rid of it or calling it a failure now.

Different times man. Different times. What constituted as a failure in the 1990's doesn't hold true in now. The main thing is every single brand has very high volume cars now to supplement lower selling niche cars.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #1042
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It's not a failure if they had the business model to only sell that many. Cars in these segments just don't sell like they used to. Hell convertible sales are virtually non existent but Mazda has no plans on getting rid of it or calling it a failure now.

Different times man. Different times. What constituted as a failure in the 1990's doesn't hold true in now. The main thing is every single brand has very high volume cars now to supplement lower selling niche cars.

Ya but can you honestly tell me that Toyota's plan was to sell only 17k ? I know Suburu only planned to sell the car in limited amounts but I do not get the impression from Scion. Toyota started the Scion line to market to a younger crowd that would be upwardly mobile in their purchasing. Given that the car was brought in the Scion it stands to reason they were expecting better sales than they are getting. Now if you can show me fact that Indeed Toyota only planned to do limited production then your comment would hold water.
I also do not buy that what held true in the 90's does not hold true now. In essence what you are trying to claim with that comment is the general public is not interested in a entry level sports car anymore. Tell that to Porsche with Boxster and the Cayman Which do quite well for them. Or Mazda with the Miata.
Hell even the 350Z sold well for the first 3-4 years. The 370 has not done as well due to the fact that it came out in the height of the worst recession in over 50 years. Oh and Nissan does not really market it.

Like I said before a lot of this is about marketing nothing more. The more you market the more you are likely to sell if your product is good. If Toyota pushed marketing the FRS it most likely would sell a lot more.

Nissan initially marketed the 240sx the first year and a half it was out. They dropped marketing on it after that and sales plummeted.

I don't buy this times have changed crap people still want to buy sports cars. If they didn't companies like Porsche would be in serious trouble.
Oh and Jaguar would not have announced the stunning new F type.

Hell even Tesla manages to sell over priced Lotus bodied electric sports cars for $100k and people buy them just because they are electric sports cars. Its all marketing man.
The cars suck and you could buy a Lotus Exige for 1/3 the price and be better off. Yet you see more Tesla roadsters than the Lotus's .Marketing , Marketing , Marketing.
Build a decent car market it and the buyers will come. Another example is the Tesla Model S its selling like hotcakes here in California, marketing.

Image is marketing and that is why Toyota choose Scion for the FRS . Scion is not exactly considered a low volume brand in fact its a high volume brand.
So it stands to reason that they are failing in marketing not limiting the amount to be sold.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #1043
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I don't know where he is getting the data from but a person on ft86 club is claiming 23K FRS sold to date and the BRZ is 8K

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10766
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #1044
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
I don't buy this times have changed crap people still want to buy sports cars. If they didn't companies like Porsche would be in serious trouble.
People still want to buy body-on-frame SUVs too, but I will agree that times have changed. The number of people clamoring for these cars is lower than it use to be. (IMO) I also recall Porsche was in serious trouble at one point and now they are reaping a lot profits from the Cayenne and Panamera...two vehicles a lot of us didn't expect them to make.

I do agree with your statement about marketing being key though. I don't recall seeing any advertisement for the BRZ.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #1045
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I don't know where he is getting the data from but a person on ft86 club is claiming 23K FRS sold to date and the BRZ is 8K

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10766

Well see even these numbers look a bit better. Put more advertising out there and I bet they would come up with some decent numbers at least on the Toyota side.
Plus It looks like that person numbers are probably on because they are taking the time to track it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #1046
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:

Hell even Tesla manages to sell over priced Lotus bodied electric sports cars for $100k and people buy them just because they are electric sports cars. Its all marketing man.
The cars suck and you could buy a Lotus Exige for 1/3 the price and be better off. Yet you see more Tesla roadsters than the Lotus's .Marketing , Marketing , Marketing.
Build a decent car market it and the buyers will come. Another example is the Tesla Model S its selling like hotcakes here in California, marketing.

according to Wiki the Tesla Roadster sold 2400 units from 2008-2012. thats 600 a year. sure they manage to sell them, but not many.

The Tesla S got amazing reviews from Consumer Reports(99 out of 100) which probably helped them sell as many as they did.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #1047
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
according to Wiki the Tesla Roadster sold 2400 units from 2008-2012. thats 600 a year. sure they manage to sell them, but not many.

The Tesla S got amazing reviews from Consumer Reports(99 out of 100) which probably helped them sell as many as they did.
Not sure about Wiki man, They may or may not be right . Though maybe you missed my point. Tesla got a lot of Media face time which helped push their product. Media face time is marketing period.

Now 2400 Roadsters may not seem like a lot but believe it or not I am more likely to see a Tesla Roadster than its counterpart the Lotus on the road here.

Oh and Model S's are popping up all over the place and yes Consumer reports and lots of media coverage definitely helped. Though that goes right back to marketing. Build a good car and Market it and the customers will come and like I said earlier Media coverage is part of the marketing strategy.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1048
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i would say you see more Teslas because of where you live. California is one of the biggest Hybrid/Electric markets in the US.

i also looked up the Elise production numbers and in 2005 they sold amost as many Elise in the US(2363), then Tesla did in 5 years.

Consumers report does not get thier cars from the manufacturers, they purchase them outright at retail. Tesla had no say in the Consumer Reports media coverage. also CR will not let Tesla use any part of thier review in marketing of that product.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #1049
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
i would say you see more Teslas because of where you live. California is one of the biggest Hybrid/Electric markets in the US.

i also looked up the Elise production numbers and in 2005 they sold amost as many Elise in the US(2363), then Tesla did in 5 years.

Consumers report does not get thier cars from the manufacturers, they purchase them outright at retail. Tesla had no say in the Consumer Reports media coverage. also CR will not let Tesla use any part of thier review in marketing of that product.

Great you win the numbers debate or do you? Has the Tesla Roadster been on sale for 5 years? Or are you just pulling that number out of air randomly as an example? You only cite 2005 of Elise sales to make your point why not the other years?

Seriously you still missed the point. Marketing, and oh don't answer those questions. The really don't need to be, why? Because the whole point was about Marketing and Media but you just want to turn it into a numbers game about Tesla.

I never said media utilization had to cost or be solicited. I seriously don't think you understand that any Media solicited or unsolicited is good media.
There is a reason the Rolling Stones pissed in Heathrow Airport in the 60's. They knew they would get massive media attention and media attention sells products.
I did not cite Consumer Reports as a Reason for Tesla Selling a fair amount of Model S's you did. I merely used your fact to make a point you have a hard time accepting.
In fact they got quite a bit of Media attention on TV as well CNBC did a whole segment about them more than once and even took one out and test drove it live.
Oh and CNBC is in Englewood Cliffs New Jersey just outside New York and I can bet there are bunch of Model S's there as well.
Marketing, Marketing, Marketing. It has worked for Tesla. Hell even in Chicago I saw people sporting Model S's, they are selling all over the country.

I am done with this on the subject of marketing if you can't understand it well......

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #1050
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

This is not the plans of a company disappointed with a the sales numbers of a car.
Two new RWD Toyota sports cars to join FR-S? - Autoblog

I think you under estimate the amount of money Toyota has and how committed they are at changing their image.