Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:36 AM   #1021
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
matts13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
oh shit nice find!! ^^ Now if this got got them already.. then where are all the rest??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #1022
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TougeKid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts13vert View Post
oh shit nice find!! ^^ Now if this got got them already.. then where are all the rest??
thanks
they probly got the first few sets of 20's i guess i really wanna see those 18's
Old 05-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #1023
srslideways
Leaky Injector

srslideways is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the 20x9 are the only 526s out yet. the 17 and 18s were said to be out this month..we'll see
Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #1024
jdmdrft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
jdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've been away from 240s for some time. Heck i went and sold my beat up 240 and bought an 03 Dodge Ram. But this is just sad. Arguing over wheels? Saying the wheels are knockoffs? I've looked at 5 different posts of wheels they are supposedly knockoffs of. Does this mean those wheels are knockoffs of eachother? No. Without going balls out crazy, how can you design a wheel that really hasnt been already designed in some way, shape, or form? You can't. You can't make a wheel that will sell, with it looking like total ass. And coming from big trucks. There is only a handful of brands that have wheels for trucks over 2000. So why would i want to pay 3 grand for a set of wheels with a minimum sidewall height, then bang it on a curb, pay 800 for another one, and have to wait 3 months to get one? Leave that to the people that can afford it. Thats great. Support Volk and Work . I like their wheels. If i could ever afford them, id probably buy them in a heartbeat. But some people can't afford it. You guys are like the kids in high school who bag on people for not wearing nike shoes. Who gives a crap. Make yourself happy. I was going to get another 240. But its people like the ones in this thread who bag on people because they can't afford expensive wheels, that make me not wanna do it. Pay for quality, but it doesn't have to be just ridiculous. Modding cars used to be about getting by with what you could get. Not how much it cost and my shits better than yours cause its about 5 times more expensive. This community has gone to shit. Honestly.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #1025
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdrft View Post
I've been away from 240s for some time. Heck i went and sold my beat up 240 and bought an 03 Dodge Ram. But this is just sad. Arguing over wheels? Saying the wheels are knockoffs? I've looked at 5 different posts of wheels they are supposedly knockoffs of. Does this mean those wheels are knockoffs of eachother? No. Without going balls out crazy, how can you design a wheel that really hasnt been already designed in some way, shape, or form? You can't. You can't make a wheel that will sell, with it looking like total ass. And coming from big trucks. There is only a handful of brands that have wheels for trucks over 2000. So why would i want to pay 3 grand for a set of wheels with a minimum sidewall height, then bang it on a curb, pay 800 for another one, and have to wait 3 months to get one? Leave that to the people that can afford it. Thats great. Support Volk and Work . I like their wheels. If i could ever afford them, id probably buy them in a heartbeat. But some people can't afford it. You guys are like the kids in high school who bag on people for not wearing nike shoes. Who gives a crap. Make yourself happy. I was going to get another 240. But its people like the ones in this thread who bag on people because they can't afford expensive wheels, that make me not wanna do it. Pay for quality, but it doesn't have to be just ridiculous. Modding cars used to be about getting by with what you could get. Not how much it cost and my shits better than yours cause its about 5 times more expensive. This community has gone to shit. Honestly.
Do us a favor... Take your block-of-text style posting and go back into hiding. No one cares that you were planning on buying another beat up 240 with anticipation of throwing on your favorite knock-off rims.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #1026
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Alot of text

^To me this is part of the problem. Who the fuck cares, no one will wake up to give a fuck what the hell you just said.

Life's too short to argue. Buy 'em or don't.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #1027
khmer1
Zilvia Junkie

khmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymore
i like cheesecake does anyone else
Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #1028
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
^ I love cheesecake
Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #1029
jdmdrft
Zilvia Member

jdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enoughjdmdrft will become famous soon enough
I never said i was going to buy them..? Haha. It's hilarious how all you do is troll this thread killer2001. Let people buy what they want. I'd rather have something i like instead of something you like, to tell you the truth. I like these wheels. They are cheap, good looking, and most of all, cheap. Are they great quality, probly not. You have an S15 front end. So you're have an s15 knockoff. Is that what you're saying? Pretty much. I hate s15 front ends. Would i come on here and rag on you about it?No. It's about respect. It just cracks me up the way people are these days. Getting butthurt over $600 wheels.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #1030
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I never said i was going to buy them..? Haha. It's hilarious how all you do is troll this thread killer2001. Let people buy what they want. I'd rather have something i like instead of something you like, to tell you the truth. I like these wheels. They are cheap, good looking, and most of all, cheap. Are they great quality, probly not. You have an S15 front end. So you're have an s15 knockoff. Is that what you're saying? Pretty much. I hate s15 front ends. Would i come on here and rag on you about it?No. It's about respect. It just cracks me up the way people are these days. Getting butthurt over $600 wheels.
Lmao. I'm noticing this pattern now how everyone brings up my S15 front end whenever I bring up an argument, quite funny actually.

Anyways, my whole issue is the amount of junk s-chassis I'm seeing. And knock-off rims always compliment such vehicles. Any self-respecting car that is built right won't have a lower quality as such on their list of mods. I guess it boils down to how serious you are in the work and parts you put into your car.

Most of you guys will sell your car within the next 2 or 3 years, I'll still have an s-chassis when I'm 40. That's the difference between me and you.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #1031
2.2lsr20dets14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
2.2lsr20dets14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Killer2001 just give it up already. You don't like cheap wheels.... great. Now go to another thread and talk about something else.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #1032
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^read the title of the post.
for some of us, the s chassis is disposable, so wheels need to match.
for some of us, the s chassis is a keeper, so wheels need to match.
some like to have 1 nice set, some like to have a couple sets.
some think these sets are nice, so that is perfect for them.

I personally don't like them because it won't be long before an honda accord/subaru etc rolls up next to you with the same exact wheels, same offset, same color, thinking like he is the hardest shit to live the earth with his left arm over the steering wheel and his chin in the air because he can't see past his left shoulder. Oh wait... that can be anybody.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #1033
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2lsr20dets14 View Post
Killer2001 just give it up already. You don't like cheap wheels.... great. Now go to another thread and talk about something else.
This has nothing to do with the price of rims. However, it just so happens that there is a correlation between price and quality, NOT always... but generally speaking.

Rim decision is usually a good indication of how the person's car is. If they bought a $400 set of knock-offs, then they probably cut corners elsewhere on their car... Then again, you have the people who buy expensive rims but buy cheap tires... it just boggles the mind.

Either way, if these rims make you happy at the end of the day, then they've done their job. Everyone has their preferences.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #1034
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
This has nothing to do with the price of rims. However, it just so happens that there is a correlation between price and quality, NOT always... but generally speaking.

Rim decision is usually a good indication of how the person's car is. If they bought a $400 set of knock-offs, then they probably cut corners elsewhere on their car... Then again, you have the people who buy expensive rims but buy cheap tires... it just boggles the mind.

Either way, if these rims make you happy at the end of the day, then they've done their job. Everyone has their preferences.
Just like if you don't have a manicure and $300 dress shoes your garbage.

I really am tired of the import scenes obsession with brands. You guys at like a bunch of bitches squabbling about purses and shoes.

I don't see this shit In the domestic or classic crowds.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #1035
buck01

buck01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmmm ok now I get it, despite the fact that I'm 18, I own a "S-Chassis" sooo that means I'll blow some of my college money from working part time and buy $2,500 wheels just so I'll "Fit In"?...Get the fuck out of here!, I'll go to college wit my XXR's and still sit clean, just because I dont have "Brand Name Wheels" doesn't mean my car is built half-ass or I don't care about it, sorry if times if tuff and my parents don't buy me everything or I don't have a great job yet to afford nice wheels, shit some people rather spend more money into their motor than expensive wheels it's just a matter of what you like. As long as your whip sits clean it don't matter.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #1036
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
God am I glad I sold my S14.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #1037
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

This concept doesn't just apply to the wheels of a car. People do this with every type of item that can be purchased. Do you buy Nike's or do you get the off brand shoes from Walmart? Do you buy Coca-Cola or do you buy Sam's Choice? Do you buy Sony TVs or do you get some unknown brand? You can go on and on with this issue, and I'm sure what you don't spend name brand on your car, you will direct it onto other items.

Since building my car is my hobby and something I take seriously, I don't play around with knock-off brands. Pretty simple.

I'm out of this thread for good. Enjoy your SportMax rims.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #1038
Wongger
Zilvia Member

Wongger is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats wrong with saving money?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #1039
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

I really am tired of the import scenes obsession with brands. You guys at like a bunch of bitches squabbling about purses and shoes.

Gotta be jdm bruh. I just scheduled my surgery to get my eyes slanted
Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #1040
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
sony tv blows balls overpriced cloud machines.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #1041
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

Quote:
This concept doesn't just apply to the wheels of a car. People do this with every type of item that can be purchased. Do you buy Nike's or do you get the off brand shoes from Walmart? Do you buy Coca-Cola or do you buy Sam's Choice? Do you buy Sony TVs or do you get some unknown brand? You can go on and on with this issue, and I'm sure what you don't spend name brand on your car, you will direct it onto other items.

Since building my car is my hobby and something I take seriously, I don't play around with knock-off brands. Pretty simple.

lmao this is guy is just a criticizer nothing more nothing less

killer 4 things you should know

1, its not your money
2, its not your life
3,its not your car
4,your not buying them

so just sit back relax lol cause your just making yourself look bad you and all the haters that are on zilvia... its just funny how people are hating on a growing popular wheel maker.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #1042
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
i like turtles
Old 05-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #1043
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Lmao. I'm noticing this pattern now how everyone brings up my S15 front end whenever I bring up an argument, quite funny actually.

Anyways, my whole issue is the amount of junk s-chassis I'm seeing. And knock-off rims always compliment such vehicles. Any self-respecting car that is built right won't have a lower quality as such on their list of mods. I guess it boils down to how serious you are in the work and parts you put into your car.

Most of you guys will sell your car within the next 2 or 3 years, I'll still have an s-chassis when I'm 40. That's the difference between me and you.
Sorry man, but as far as front ends go one goes the rere's supporting this brand have a good point.

jdmdrft or whatever, were you talking about curbing wheels on a truck, or did I just not read your post because it's an eyesore? (probably this) buying wheels for a truck means getting big meaty tires, so it would be impossible to curb. This isn't a car niche thing, every man knows it to be true

I wish this thread would die already, 35 pages about sportmax is ridiculous
Old 05-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #1044
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
they need to start selling these badboys at Wallymart /can't wait till they sell enough and start charging alot more for these wheels. Like every other 'knockoff' company that starts. Look at ESM wheels. Theyre now $1000 a set as knock-off BBS's. The new wheels dont look as hot as I thought they would?
'cept this, gotta go aggressive with these cheap wheels

Old 05-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #1045
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Ironic how you mention Sony which is one of the most over-rated, over priced hunks of junk on the market.... and anyone smart enough to rub two nickles together knows it.

Are New-Balance shoes garbage?

Actually I can't believe you would wear shit like Nike, what are you, some sort of hill rat?

Here I was feeling like a cheap ass for buying some J.M. Weston's and now I'm talking to some schmuck that buys Nike's at Footlocker and thinks he's actually buying "high end".

What next, a BMW 3-series is a luxury car? Bone-Fish Grill is fine dinning? Embassy Suites is classy?

Low class dregs like you cheapen our society. No concept of what quality or idea of what taste actually is... then again you drive a 240sx, an economy car of 20 years ago. Shit is now bought by people that can't even afford 3 generation old sports cars let alone qualify for a loan on a Ford Focus.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #1046
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worangejuice View Post
they need to start selling these badboys at Wallymart /can't wait till they sell enough and start charging alot more for these wheels. Like every other 'knockoff' company that starts. Look at ESM wheels. Theyre now $1000 a set as knock-off BBS's. The new wheels dont look as hot as I thought they would?
'cept this, gotta go aggressive with these cheap wheels

Disclaimer, I hate the new Subaru, but that looks bad ass.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #1047
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
At least he's not buying Nike knockoffs from china lol
Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #1048
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

Of coarse you don't. Those scenes consists almost exclusively of old fat white men.

Quote:
Ironic how you mention Sony which is one of the most over-rated, over priced hunks of junk on the market.... and anyone smart enough to rub two nickles together knows it.

Are New-Balance shoes garbage?

Actually I can't believe you would wear shit like Nike, what are you, some sort of hill rat?

Here I was feeling like a cheap ass for buying some J.M. Weston's and now I'm talking to some schmuck that buys Nike's at Footlocker and thinks he's actually buying "high end".

What next, a BMW 3-series is a luxury car? Bone-Fish Grill is fine dinning? Embassy Suites is classy?

Low class dregs like you cheapen our society. No concept of what quality or idea of what taste actually is... then again you drive a 240sx, an economy car of 20 years ago. Shit is now bought by people that can't even afford 3 generation old sports cars let alone qualify for a loan on a Ford Focus.
I dont think you understood what he was trying to imply. IDK about your location but where I'm from Nascar shirts are not good taste.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #1049
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
I vote for thread lock!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:18 AM   #1050
TougeKid1
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
I vote for thread lock!
haha why?
cause theres no one posting pics?
or people are talking shit for half the whole thread?
i know im bored of the shit talkers too
Closed Thread