Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #1021
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Well the FASTEST sport compact car ever tested on The Ring is the Coballt SS Turbo that ran a 8:22. To put it into perspective, that is faster then the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, BMW M3 E46, Audi S5, Lotus Exige S, Porsche Cayman S, BMW 335i E92 Coupe, 350z, C5 Vette, and a Honda S2000.

The next actual sport compact car on the list is the Mazda MS3, then R32 VW.

Like I've said before if Nissan can work even half it's magic of the GTR on the new 240, I'd expect to find the new 240 around the 8:35-8:30 lap times putting it faster then the 350z and 993 Carrrera. I mean we're talking about pure bragging rights for Nissan if they can accomplish this. Especially if they can get some the 370 in the low 8's (8 flat would be a nice number).

I think the evo IX does it in 8:11.

It's not a confirmed time, but I think it's a Best motoring time.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #1022
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
im gonna have to argue the release date on it with yah...nissan and toyota have long had fueds on who can have cars out first...i seriously think nissan will get the jump on toyota by AT LEAST 6-9 months in releasing the 2010 200sx...im pretty sure it will be out early 2010 (at the latest)...both toyota/subaru and nissan are gunning hardkore for the market hyundai has already gotten the jump on them with...and as soon as the 370z hits show rooms...nissans performance gap is going to get HUGE from the no entry level RWD coupe space that the 350z once KIND OF occupied (POS Sentra SE-R > Altima Coupe > ..... NOTHING!!!! ..... > 370z > GTR)

if nissan doesnt have something in show rooms well before the new toybaru...theyre going to get stung pretty hard by 2 major companies getting the jump on them
I believe a while back a Nissan person said they wanted to beat Toyota to the market with their car.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #1023
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Another rendering by 7-Tune of the Toyota/SUbby RWD car. One is ULTRA unrealistic and the other is too realistic and ugly.

beeracing s14's post reminded me about this.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #1024
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
i think it would look good.. slammed on some te37's or something concave... or maybe 18/19 stagger wheels with a big lip.. but what wouldnt? haha.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #1025
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The second rendering looks a lot like an FTO.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #1026
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
second rendering minus the lights in the middle. dont see the need for them since theres fog lights and the headlights have 2 projectors
Old 10-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #1027
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
second rendering minus the lights in the middle. dont see the need for them since theres fog lights and the headlights have 2 projectors
Yea, they were trying to pull some Lexus cue's in there. Not successfully either.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #1028
S13shaka
Zilvia Member

S13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymoreS13shaka is not welcome here anymore
you heard it hear first so do not forget, anywhere from 3-5 years from now the 390z will appear.
S13shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #1029
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13shaka View Post
you heard it hear first so do not forget, anywhere from 3-5 years from now the 390z will appear.
Uhhhh, it's going to be more then 3-5 years for the next Z to come out or for them to up the displacement of the VQ again. More like 6 years.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #1030
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Uhhhh, it's going to be more then 3-5 years for the next Z to come out or for them to up the displacement of the VQ again. More like 6 years.
i bet it will be the 370Z TT (twin turbo) before upping the size of the motor

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #1031
Slow SR20

Slow SR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Slow SR20
This car's release has made all my plans to purchase a genesis coupe i4 turbo come to a hault!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #1032
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
i swear...the end of november cant get here fast enough...get the damn announcement/display of the 370z out of the way already so nissan can OFFICIALLY announce this damn car already and put all of our minds at ease

Old 10-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #1033
Slow SR20

For me, the deal breaker is two things. Too heavy or non turbo.

I was all excited about the genesis coupe turbo (I think it is ugly though) until I saw how heavy it is. That turbo engine is useless in stock form trying to lug around 3200+ lbs.

The exterior design is not all that important to me (although it does matter) but the lower the belt line the happier I will be. I like the most recent sketch in orange that was posted on here. I was soo let down by hyundai, Toyotabaru will not have a turbo. If nissan lets me down i'll be forced to deal will a used solstice turbo.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #1034
bloodie73

bloodie73 is a jewel in the roughbloodie73 is a jewel in the roughbloodie73 is a jewel in the roughbloodie73 is a jewel in the roughbloodie73 is a jewel in the roughbloodie73 is a jewel in the roughbloodie73 is a jewel in the roughbloodie73 is a jewel in the rough
2009 Nissan 370Z - First Photos - Car News/Latest News & Reviews/Car Shopping/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver

I was just reading up on the new 370z and at the bottom....

Quote:
Meanwhile, Nissan officials say they still are interested in a more entry-level, small, front-wheel-drive sports car for the brand, but not immediately. The automaker does not want to take the spotlight away from the launch of the new Z and is dealing with a full portfolio right now, says Larry Dominique, Nissan North America vice president in charge of product planning and strategy. But something that takes cues from the Nissan Urge concept—it would compete with the Mazda MX-5 Miata, Pontiac Solstice, and Saturn Sky—is expected in a few years.
Boo!!!

Let's hope not...
bloodie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #1035
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodie73 View Post
See, they keep talking about the Urge guys. it's going to have that kinda shape with the new company headlights.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #1036
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

u know...after being in the whole "spy a car" scene for a few years now (with following the GTR, 370z and 2010 200sx)...im absolutely disgusted when i read articles in road & track and car & driver...their articles are always poorly written and researched....the amount of disinformation they give is unbelievable...and the amount of blatant copying they do from other peoples articles is horrid

i would take what is said at the end of article with a huge grain of salt...i seriously doubt road and crap has any clue what theyre talking about given how far their heads are up their asses (i mean...look at how they talked shit about the GTR and the amount of disinformation they gave on that)

again...my predictions are as follows

2009 will be the year the 200sx/silvia replacement is unveiled...2007 was the year of the GTR...2008 was the year of the 370z...and nissan has no choice but to release a new entry level RWD, 4cyl, turbo sports coupe to the market because if they dont...come 2 years from january when toyota/subaru release the toybaru...nissan is gonna get its ass kicked...the 370z is 100% no longer a entry level sports coupe...the sentra SE-R = FAILTOWN...the altima coupe = ok...but not quite a sports coupe

i wanna punch road and crap in the face at the moment (FUK BEES!!!!)

Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #1037
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
Quote:
Meanwhile, Nissan officials say they still are interested in a more entry-level, small, front-wheel-drive sports car for the brand, but not immediately. The automaker does not want to take the spotlight away from the launch of the new Z and is dealing with a full portfolio right now, says Larry Dominique, Nissan North America vice president in charge of product planning and strategy. But something that takes cues from the Nissan Urge concept—it would compete with the Mazda MX-5 Miata, Pontiac Solstice, and Saturn Sky—is expected in a few years.
fail..... Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #1038
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
^ Took the words right out of my mouth but mine would have been typed in 100 sized font.
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #1039
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It's not going to FWD. THEY ALREADY HAVE THE ALTIMA COUPE. it makes NO sense AT ALL. NONE. PERIOD.

Let me add. The new SX with either be RWD OR IT WON'T EXIST.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #1040
slidingsky
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
slidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfectionslidingsky is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why would they make a FWD "sports car" to compete with 3 RWD cars.... They're not. This is essentially just one of the worst kept secrets that nissan has going, why else would they keep it on the shelf until after the 370z launch. They are not about to release two new RWD models in the same year.
slidingsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #1041
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

well in all honesty...theyve had a pattern for the last few years...like ive said time and time again...2007 was the year of the GTR...you didnt hear a PEEP about the release of the G37 and 370z...2008 was the year of the 370z/G37...you havent heard a peep about the GTR V-SPEC or the S16...next year has to garner in the full release of info and pictures of the forthcoming 2010 200sx/silvia and maybe even the GTR V-Spec (just to make all the ZR1 corvette guys pee their pants because nissan can still beat that car with minimal effort...and a much smaller motor)

Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #1042
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
It's not going to FWD. THEY ALREADY HAVE THE ALTIMA COUPE. it makes NO sense AT ALL. NONE. PERIOD.

Let me add. The new SX with either be RWD OR IT WON'T EXIST.

They could revive the Sentra SE-R coupe (remember the B13?)...or the NX2000

If the Civic coupe (Si) can be sold along the Accord coupe, I can't see Nissan having a problem doing the same thing.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #1043
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
oh u have a point simples14
Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #1044
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

If the Civic coupe (Si) can be sold along the Accord coupe, I can't see Nissan having a problem doing the same thing.
hmm...good point.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #1045
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
oh u have a point simples14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
hmm...good point.
Simple does have a point, but Nissan themselves has said they are working on a RWD coupe on a shortened FM platform with cues taken from the Urge.

Nissan is not Acura/Honda, they know the power of RWD.

My arguement against a Sentra Coupe is still the Altima Coupe. There's no way they could sell a Sentra coupe with the altima still on the market. And there's no way they would get rid of the Altima Coupe. The Altima is Nissans best selling car globally and having a coupe and sedan make it that much more of a competitor to the Accord and Camry/Solora.

You guys have to think about where things slot in with Nissan and somewhat Infiniti's lineup. The fact they moved the Z upmarket, just shows how Nissan has been strategically working on their whole line-up of sports cars. it just makes incredible sense.

I don't expect the SX to looks anything like the Altima coupe. The Altima's have their own styling. I urge (no pun intended) you to LOOK at the Urge concept if you want a good idea of what the SX will look like. It looks nothing like their current FWD cars or RWD cars for that matter. This will allow them to sell the car as something completely different then the Altima coupe that will be in a similar price range.

The SX will probably not be available w/ 260hp. My estimate is it'll be somewhere around 220. Yea, that's it. I know I'm repeating myself from previous posts but I feel like I need to reiterate the fact that it's PROBABLY going to marketed as a fuel sipping sports car. I wouldn't be surprised if the base model was 180-200hp and get 35 mpg. Again this is another way for them to separate it from the rest of their vehicles.

Now, I obviously don't work in the industry and nor do I have any secret connections, but what I do have is a very good insight on how things work in the industry. A changing industry. I've also payed obsessively close attention to any hints Nissan has thrown us about the SX's future. I feel very strongly that my prediction is the way to go for Nissan and it makes all too much sense to me. But only time will tell how close I am to the final product.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #1046
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

heheheehheheh....EXITSPEED FOR 08!!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #1047
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Mel, I haven't seen you make a bad prediction or assumption with the SX so far, so keep it comin. As for 2010 being the year of the new SX and V-spec, add the Cube to that list, because it's going to be GOOD.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #1048
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Mel, I haven't seen you make a bad prediction or assumption with the SX so far, so keep it comin. As for 2010 being the year of the new SX and V-spec, add the Cube to that list, because it's going to be GOOD.
The SX and Cube (especially the EV version) can be the 1-2 punch Nissan needs to boost the public's perception of Nissan being a fuel efficient car company.

On top of that they will have the most complete line-up of sporty/sports car in the planet. Period.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #1049
Slow SR20

I just want to hear more murmers from Nissan execs or see the car lapping the ring, silence is killing me!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #1050
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow SR20 View Post
I just want to hear more murmers from Nissan execs or see the car lapping the ring, silence is killing me!
Tell me about it.