Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #10621
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Slam at least one of those cars.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #10622
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
nah, I like the height they are right now, I can at least still go to places with out destroying my front end.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #10623
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
White car + matte silver wheels = <3

I wish I had taken more pictures of this car when I had it. Also as a reference I was running 255-40's in the rear. I should of had it about 1/4" lower to level the car out better.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #10624
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
im low and i have not destroyed my shit, prior to how i was before without aero.

all it takes is senses, and you should be good to go. knowing your surroundings is a big thing. If i don't recognize any places, i drive in the farthest right lane and slower than speedlimit( usually -5mph posted).

or streetview where you plan on driving, the driveways and shit like that.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #10625
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
God that car was so mint Dan...did your friend ever buy it?
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #10626
blue rexsti
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
blue rexsti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
what front bumper is that mad-ass

and

I love how nathan is making half of zilvia's transactions!!!! You ROCK!! Now find me some damn valve lifters and an oil pump pwetty pweasssseeee
blue rexsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #10627
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Version Select.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #10628
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
all it takes is senses, and you should be good to go. knowing your surroundings is a big thing. If i don't recognize any places, i drive in the farthest right lane and slower than speedlimit( usually -5mph posted).

or streetview where you plan on driving, the driveways and shit like that.
Not trying to start an e-argument, but that shit sounds fucking lame to me. I dont think I'll ever understand it. I personally think it looks really fucking awesome, but I would honestly blow my brains out if I had to drive like that every day. Track car I'd understand and would totally do it though.

Lukas the white car was gone the same day I bought the S13. I miss it a lot, but the once the coupe is up to par all will be better. The main thing I miss is the interior, which is why I plan to eventually swap to an S14 Dash/console/door panels.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #10629
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^ trust me shit is a bitch, but people make it seem harder than it is.
you really just have to not give a shit when your aero scrapes the ground.

for example.

right when i got my car out of paint, the side skirts would scrape almost constantly.
now the are all worn out on the bottom and dont scrape as bad, but stil my shit falls off
a pretty good amount.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #10630
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Sucks to roll hard. :P

Dan, if you need help with anything let me know! Im always down to learn more about anything like that.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #10631
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
you really just have to not give a shit when your aero scrapes the ground.

for example.

right when i got my car out of paint, the side skirts would scrape almost constantly.
now the are all worn out on the bottom and dont scrape as bad, but stil my shit falls off
a pretty good amount.
werd, its a lifestyle...kinda becomes second nature so you know what to expect and what you can clear etc.
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #10632
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #10633
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
you really just have to not give a shit when your aero scrapes the ground...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingiang View Post
werd, its a lifestyle...kinda becomes second nature so you know what to expect and what you can clear etc.
exactly.

I understand people have different views, which can be talked about in a different topic, and when people ask me "how can you drive like that?" i simply reply, "I just deal with it."

for example, I let my friend drive my car and told him not to worry about anything and until i told him what to do. he followed my directions and after driving my car, he was like "wtf, it's easier than i thought."

I do admit, you have to be EXTRA EXTRA CAREFUL when you do drive a car that low to get a hang of it.

on a side-note, sending my money tomorrow for my mirrors
Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #10634
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
exactly.

I understand people have different views, which can be talked about in a different topic, and when people ask me "how can you drive like that?" i simply reply, "I just deal with it."

for example, I let my friend drive my car and told him not to worry about anything and until i told him what to do. he followed my directions and after driving my car, he was like "wtf, it's easier than i thought."

I do admit, you have to be EXTRA EXTRA CAREFUL when you do drive a car that low to get a hang of it.

on a side-note, sending my money tomorrow for my mirrors

Yeah, exactly. At first I was like "This is gonna be impossible, but I'm gonna try it. And I just dealt with it. Haha.

Ganadors?!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #10635
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by alindeman1989 View Post
Hey guys what size tires should i run on some 17X10 +25 front and rear. Also i know i need some spacers to clear my coilovers but what size should i get. I heard to get 8mm in the rear but what about the front?
Any of you guys have any info to help me out?

tofu man: Don't be cheap, and buy shitty high offset rims
alindeman1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #10636
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
8mm in the front because 17x10 clears. For the rear, meh just run less neg camber and no spacers.

As for tire size, 225/35 front and 235/40 rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 AM   #10637
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

I got sick of dealing with it and I don't feel like trashing on my chassis on daily bases. It's not the most pleasant sound to hear your diff hits against the railroad bumps, it almost dropped my heart last time my car literally stopped by hitting the railroad bumps against my diff. and I would like to have my Kaaz diff last me the life time of my car or get destroyed by over drifting it, not by normal driving and bumps. hell, I'm still thinking about raising my car up a tad bit more to accomidate big ass tires I am going to try to put on the car here shortly.

oh btw, my White RPF1's are officially FS now.
$1100, 17x9+22[225/45/17 DZ101] fronts, 17x10+18[245/40/17 595S] lots of tread left on the tires. holler if you are interested.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 AM   #10638
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
So I fixed my greddy lip today with some epoxy resin shit from pepboys, and it works really good and you can barley even tell where the piece cracked off.

I also washed my car today, which means it should rain tomorrow.

But it desperately needed it.

I think Nate is trying to make everyone who wants to be cool have bn. Lol.

Does anyone want a GReddy/Trust dd exhaust or maybe a different one, and have a group buy? I was talking with someone from there and they said now they can laser etch whatever we want on the side of the exhaust , like zenki's unite, your name, suck it koukis, or whatever you want.
Just food for thought.

All that would be needed for a group buy would be about ten people or so.

by the way only one or two of those pics made me like the 326 power stuff. I personally think the style of their cars are the equivalent to donk boxes over here, and their paint is nasty. not in a good way.

I would never buy an aftermarket bumper with a gross ass built in front plate thing on it.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:20 AM   #10639
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingiang View Post
But it sure fucking sucks when your buddy is like "hey, follow me." A normal person's route is never "low" considerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
by the way only one or two of those pics made me like the 326 power stuff. I personally think the style of their cars are the equivalent to donk boxes over here, and their paint is nasty. not in a good way.
I agree. They take it a little too far with the "donk" look, BUT their product development is AWESOME and those paintjobs demand respect.

I don't like '57 Chevy's, but, if I see one that's well put together, I'll acknowledge it as such.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:38 AM   #10640
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I think Nate is trying to make everyone who wants to be cool have bn. Lol.
honestly not even haha. i really wanna see my homie jonny get good money for his kit because a) its brand new and b) he's a good friend . Plus i'm taking the logan approach to in saying "if you need to be convinced by me to buy ______ , u aint ready for it" haha

and the only thing i'll say about driving around low or whatever is .....

it's not too bad to mind your surroundings, figure out what lane, dodge the random dead animals/potholes/baby carriages in the street in order to get places.... i can get to everywhere i want to go in maryland without blowing shit up. Also, i dont feel it's necessary to drive 5 under the speed limit (as seen in my 40$ polaroid) either to safely get places. Just being cautious and knowing what u can and can't do (incline-wise) is a start. I've driven 2-3 miles out of my way to avoid construction or road work as well. [i have yet to drive to a place in MD and have NO OPTION other than to annihilate my shit to get to somewhere..... knock on wood]

The worst part about the "low" discussion are comical excuses people make to justify their height. Everyone thinks their roads are "the worst" in america, but honestly if u like your car at ____ height (for whatever reason, whether it's looks or handling) that's all u need to say.

in philly i had to re zip my rear bumper 3 times and my front once, but it wasn't even "annoying" just part of the whole "hanging out with my zenki homies in the city" experience which was awesome/ridiculous/fun

Last edited by nathanong87; 01-06-2011 at 06:38 AM..
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #10641
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Like I said not trying to start an argument, and I know why/how people do it. No issues with it at all other than I dont think I could. Plus if I did that on my car it would work out a lot less better than yours, since my suspension is set up really soft, my Zenki's only had 6k/4.5k springs on them and I plan to do the same with the coupe in the next couple of weeks.

Anyways glad no one got heated and was polite in their discussion.

First set up I did like 4 years ago, pre wrecking the front end/tubs.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #10642
nathanong87
Post Whore!

nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellow View Post

Anyways glad no one got heated and was polite in their discussion.

First set up I did like 4 years ago, pre wrecking the front end/tubs.
and in my opinion, this looks really good!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #10643
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Thanks, That was the nicest the had ever been, after that it was down hill and everything started to fall apart after the wreck.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #10644
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
SPEAKING OF THIS DISCUSION.

watch this.

YouTube - Hellaflush cartoon

yeah, I love my car. I dont really car that it is low. I only had to mess up the front to avoid being smashed in the rear.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #10645
Ride_on_luck

Ride_on_luck is an unknown quantity at this point
Zenki.s FTW!!!!

Just some of my old Beautiful Zenkis
Ride_on_luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #10646
1on1
Post Whore!

they should make a song out of that video.

"i don't care, hella flush!"

"hella flush!"

"i get all the bitches, hella flush!"

edit:

^just reminded me, i have some SE fogs for sale!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #10647
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
I hit the biggest pothole known to man yesterday, sucks because I know its there too, I was just zoning out about work then BAM!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #10648
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Zenki love

Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #10649
son.
Zilvia Member

son. is an unknown quantity at this point
test fitting friends NT-03's

my weak set up
son. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #10650
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

I would love to do 17/18 NT03+M's but the 17" wheels look like dogshit.