Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #1051
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh well... The smart decision is to put money/career first. Cars are just fucking cars, you can always buy/build another one later on down the line. Bummer that you wont be seeing this one through to completion but I'm sure the next time around you start a project itll be even more badass.

Charleston is a kickass town too... By far my favorite east coast place. Just make sure the company youre working for doesnt set you up in downtown Charleston. Thats a fucking GHETTO ass place to live. I was staying with my friend and she got her car broken into while I was there. The fucking crackhead stole her mix CDs, a Scooby Doo Christmas DVD, and my UCLA hat but didnt steal the $60 in cash just sitting there on the backseat. WTF.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #1052
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
You know, there is a plus side to all of this.

You have the skills, and thats something that isnt going to dissappear with this project. And your new job might be able to cover the financial expenses of a new project when you get the time. With all of the lessons and knowledge you've learned from this one, your next project should be 10x better, and be done 10x faster.

Im sorry to see this staple of zilvia fall through, but I feel within the next year or two, a new, better thread will be started, and we will all be happy again.

thanks for this, really. You have given me alot of inspiration and ideas for my future projects, and for that I give you a +1.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #1053
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Disappointing, but can't say that I am surprised. Seen it happen a lot. When you go 2 years without ever driving your car, it starts dropping lower and lower on your priority list. Build as you go. Upgrade along the way when you see things that need to be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoZ8myCow View Post
Oh well... The smart decision is to put money/career first. Cars are just fucking cars, you can always buy/build another one later on down the line. Bummer that you wont be seeing this one through to completion but I'm sure the next time around you start a project itll be even more badass.

Charleston is a kickass town too... By far my favorite east coast place. Just make sure the company youre working for doesnt set you up in downtown Charleston. Thats a fucking GHETTO ass place to live. I was staying with my friend and she got her car broken into while I was there. The fucking crackhead stole her mix CDs, a Scooby Doo Christmas DVD, and my UCLA hat but didnt steal the $60 in cash just sitting there on the backseat. WTF.
I was just in Charleston this past Feb, stayed in a hotel right downtown. Doesn't seem ghetto in any way. Yeah, you head north on King's hwy, and you start seeing some pawn shops and what not, but in the other direction just a 1/2 miles away are all these boutique and couture shops. Why did she have $60 just sitting on her seat?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #1054
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
To those who asked more about the job. I will be working as an instructor to US Navy officers teaching them how to run nuclear reactors on subs and carriers. Charleston is home to the Navy school of nuclear power. I have to go through a year of their very intense program and upon completion of the program, will become an instructor. I will remain a civilian, but will have my own way of "serving" this country and the needs of our wonderful armed forces. Needless to say, I'm very excited about the job and the work I am about to begin!
damnn,, thats Awesome!!
Helooooo....6 figures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #1055
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
well shit happens yes you will regret it but you will live. trust me i kinda feel your pain as my car has been down for about 2 years but im about done then it will be part by part.
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #1056
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yea it was a great build .. but shit..All I see is people complaining as if it was bad news,
there should be only Congratulations here..
soon he will be able to buy an R35 if he likes..hahaha
moving on to much bigger projects...
Old 08-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #1057
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
Well congrats on the new job opportunitys, I'm trying to snag a civilian contract job right now, and I know if that happens the car will definitely go on hold for awhile. Good luck with the new job, it really has been fun watching the build I love everything about the car!

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #1058
Avante
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Avante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfectionAvante is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
congrats on the new job!

who cares about the car!

when you get everything settled, then you will have time again to do it once more.

if you want.

do it to it! Life comes first.

Good Luck in SC!
Avante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #1059
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
oh yea and welcome in advance to our local forum Welcome to Carolina Nissans!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #1060
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
necessary, but beneficial loss. after that first year, (if you enjoy it) your life's gonna kick ass.

but wait...you're 22? where did you go to school and what for?

im starting my 3rd year, and im 20. you seem SOO FAR ahead.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #1061
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
hes a mechanical engineer...cant remember the school tho.

thanks for keeping me motivated gavster! congrats on the job. it's giving me some more incentive to get through physics II, dif eq, calc III, statics/dynamics, etc. good luck in the future, and sorry to hear about the loss
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #1062
terbo

terbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome read, good luck in the future. I will be graduating in December with a Mechanical Engineering degree too! I can't wait to get a job and start spending money on my car.
terbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:15 AM   #1063
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Over a 1000 posts in this thread. Pretty amazing. Looks like you've inspired a ton of people Gavster. Can't wait to see what you do next. Best of Luck.
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #1064
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if you were to bring it to SC with you, I might be able to line something up with you working on your car at the shop I work on mine at.

either way, hate to see this be the end of the build.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #1065
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
hes a mechanical engineer...cant remember the school tho.

thanks for keeping me motivated gavster! congrats on the job. it's giving me some more incentive to get through physics II, dif eq, calc III, statics/dynamics, etc. good luck in the future, and sorry to hear about the loss

WOW!! holy shit. im starting my third year as a mech. eng.

i just got more motivated for school/career/car. awesome
Old 08-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #1066
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
necessary, but beneficial loss. after that first year, (if you enjoy it) your life's gonna kick ass.

but wait...you're 22? where did you go to school and what for?

im starting my 3rd year, and im 20. you seem SOO FAR ahead.
96Turbo was correct, I'm a Mechanical Engineer! Yep, 22 years old, went right from HS to College, burned a year and a half in business school before I switched to Engineering and I've never looked back. Took a total for 5 years to finish everything up but worth every bit of difficulty I had in school.

If I can tell anyone here, especially you guys responding that you're in school; stay in school and try hard and put in good effort! You will be rewarded for your efforts, engineering or not!

fakeshemp44, if moving time rolls around and I still have the shell, I maybe interested!

Marcus, where do you go to school at?

Sicbastard, thanks for everything bro and thanks for the comments and all those posts you made!! You made a difference for me too!

fromxtor, I will be joining the forums soon! I'm looking forward to the possibility of meeting you in person soon!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #1067
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

im a mechanical engineer major at SDSU.

i hope things work out.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #1068
HS13KLS
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
HS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant futureHS13KLS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
well thats awesome man getting that job and stuff. exspecially at a young age. a lot of people dont want to put in the hard work and dedication to school. and your proof that even at a young age. if you try hard you will succeed.

good work man
HS13KLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #1069
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
im a mechanical engineer major at SDSU.

i hope things work out.
Hell yeah! I'm also a mechanical engineer major from P.H. I'm going to transfer to state next semester for my upper divisions. I'm surprised that I haven't met you yet seeing as how we're from the same hood in the same scene.

Wise decision Gavster. I too myself would choose a career over a vehicle. I mean I'm pretty sure some zilvians would be willing to live in their dream cars, but not me, haha!
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #1070
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
fakeshemp44, if moving time rolls around and I still have the shell, I maybe interested!

you better still have that shell, it's wicked bad ass with all the work you've done to it. But if nothing else, you can have your choice of the S13 and the S14 that are sitting out back behind the shop here. How's $700 for the S14 and $500 for the S13 sound? Both are shells btw.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #1071
kuroichiyon
Leaky Injector

kuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to beholdkuroichiyon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
To those who asked more about the job. I will be working as an instructor to US Navy officers teaching them how to run nuclear reactors on subs and carriers. Charleston is home to the Navy school of nuclear power. I have to go through a year of their very intense program and upon completion of the program, will become an instructor. I will remain a civilian, but will have my own way of "serving" this country and the needs of our wonderful armed forces. Needless to say, I'm very excited about the job and the work I am about to begin!
Congrats, is the info under your name accurate? Are you just 22 years old and are going to be teaching Officers? Seems like you're going to have your work cut out for you. Good luck.
kuroichiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:52 PM   #1072
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
Volchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Volchok
congrats and good luck gonna miss this build up...
Volchok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:46 AM   #1073
s14dr1ft3r
Zilvia Member

s14dr1ft3r is making a name for him/her selfs14dr1ft3r is making a name for him/her self
Gavster, not to break your spirits but the Navy's nuclear program is no joke. I was accepted to attend that school but declined as it is the ONLY school in the Navy where they keep track of the mortality rate. Not because of dangerous activities but because it is so intense that some people crack and commit suicide. More than half of the students that attend drop out for academic reasons. The students you will have will be a mixture of Officers and Petty Officers (officer and enlisted). You sound like a really smart and talented guy and I'm sure you can do it. Just make sure you're prepared. I wish you the best of luck and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the progress on your build.

And sorry for bringing this back but I thought he should know more about the job.

s14dr1ft3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #1074
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
I'm still sad about this.

Love You GavvY!

no homo
Old 01-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #1075
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Seems like just yesterday i was checking some new updates... Rest In Pieces track slut
Old 01-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #1076
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
track slut? thing rarely rolled out of the garage for a photo op
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #1077
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
so it would be a track virgin. settled.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #1078
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
this thread should be closed so it doesn't get revived from the dead. Shell has been sold, dude is in military training right now to be a nuclear scientist or some shit.

lets move along.

kthxgg.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #1079
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This thread made me jizz in my pants....

....til I read it was over before it even truly began....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #1080
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote