Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #1051
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^That excites me. Nissan will not ignore Toyota if they have 3 rwd sports cars.

Or so I hope.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #1052
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
This is not the plans of a company disappointed with a the sales numbers of a car.
Two new RWD Toyota sports cars to join FR-S? - Autoblog

I think you under estimate the amount of money Toyota has and how committed they are at changing their image.
Just read that link.

I really hope they bring back the mr2, but it says they are planning to make one car slotted below and one car slotted above the frs.

Supra successor would be above, but I can't see mr2 below the frs. the frs is already like a rwd celica class type vehicle. the frs is already pretty light weight and slow, i can't see them making a rwd corolla type vehicle with even less hp and less weight. it will be slow as hell.

And they will be joint ventures, how the hell would a boxer engine in a mid-engined car work? i think mr2 successor is not part of the plan :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #1053
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
This is not the plans of a company disappointed with a the sales numbers of a car.

I think you under estimate the amount of money Toyota has and how committed they are at changing their image.
I think you completely missed my point Mel. I never said Toyota was disappointed with sales.

I was more talking about Suburu as far as disappointing sales go. I was also pointing out the you quoted a very underestimated sales figure yourself. Which was corrected by someone else with more accurate figures. Seriously Mel I expect better than this from you. Really, than throwing out random inaccurate numbers.

I was stating that I was surprised at the numbers . Are you going to just assume what I am thinking about Toyota's plans. Because that is what you're doing above. Please give up trying to figure out what I am thinking and focus on comprehending what I am writing. It will keep you from making posts like above and cut down on me having to respond in kind.

Oh and like you trying to assume what I am thinking that blog report assumes a lot that probably won't happen. It's a supposed statement from one designer at Toyota to a supposed Australian Automotive blogger who then passes it on to Auto Blog.
Wow speculation city there. If you believe that stuff word for word I have a bridge to sell you in Long Beach.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #1054
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Nissan brought back the GT-R.
Honda is bringing back the NSX.
Mazda is bringing back the RX7.

I think its safe to say Toyota will bring back the Supra.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #1055
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post

They tried for ten years, all we got was the LFA.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #1056
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I think you completely missed my point Mel. I never said Toyota was disappointed with sales.

I was more talking about Suburu as far as disappointing sales go. I was also pointing out the you quoted a very underestimated sales figure yourself. Which was corrected by someone else with more accurate figures. Seriously Mel I expect better than this from you. Really, than throwing out random inaccurate numbers.

I was stating that I was surprised at the numbers . Are you going to just assume what I am thinking about Toyota's plans. Because that is what you're doing above. Please give up trying to figure out what I am thinking and focus on comprehending what I am writing. It will keep you from making posts like above and cut down on me having to respond in kind.

Oh and like you trying to assume what I am thinking that blog report assumes a lot that probably won't happen. It's a supposed statement from one designer at Toyota to a supposed Australian Automotive blogger who then passes it on to Auto Blog.
Wow speculation city there. If you believe that stuff word for word I have a bridge to sell you in Long Beach.
I haven't had time to watch the thread enough.

My numbers were not inaccurate, they were dated. I meant to say they were for the first 12 months the cars were on sale and I got those figures from Edmonds.com which is normally a accurate source. Drive by Numbers - Scion FR-S vs. Subaru BRZ

Sorry, just don't have the time in the day to put in the effort into these threads any more.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #1057
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post

I've heard no confirmation on a new Rx7. The current GTR has very little in common with previous Skyline models other than awd and a Nissan badge. Japs need to step their game up in the sport car department,T86 is all hype,when they release a car that's on par with the S15 price and performance wise then I'll listen until then It's just hopes and dreams from people within forums. Who cares about a Supra and NSX? If a FRS is 30k I'm sure those other two will be 70k.
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #1058
180sxmaniac
Zilvia Member

180sxmaniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Took them 15yrs to release a decent car not sure that's commitment,nissan ended production on the Silvia in 02 and following year released the Z33 that's commitment. Supra ended production in 98 and since then Toyota has done what?
180sxmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #1059
gist864
Zilvia Member

gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sxmaniac View Post
I've heard no confirmation on a new Rx7. The current GTR has very little in common with previous Skyline models other than awd and a Nissan badge. Japs need to step their game up in the sport car department,T86 is all hype,when they release a car that's on par with the S15 price and performance wise then I'll listen until then It's just hopes and dreams from people within forums. Who cares about a Supra and NSX? If a FRS is 30k I'm sure those other two will be 70k.
my thought exactly "hopes and dreams"
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #1060
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Who cares about a Supra and NSX? If a FRS is 30k I'm sure those other two will be 70k.
But that is what they cost with adjusted inflation back then.

The 370Z has replaced the S15 turbo. It's only 1-2, 000 more with adjusted inflation.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #1061
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Adding more fuel to this fire.....

Subaru BRZ RA Racing Edition - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Bodywork equipment

•6 point roll cage (with sidebar)
•4 point seat belt anchor bolt and mounting (official FIA)
•air-cooled engine oil cooler
•brake ducts
•brake dust covers
•Engine under cover (Aluminum)
•racing floor mat (1 only)
•Front and rear tow hooks

Dedicated equipment

•■ Torsen LSD [limited-slip differential]
•■ Final gear Rogiyado
•■ Front Ventilated disc brakes (16-inch)
•■ Rear Ventilated disc brakes (15-inch)
•■ Remote control electric retractable door mirrors colored
•■ Manual air conditioning (with a clean filter)
•■ 2 speakers (Front)
•■ power socket DC12V/120W (2 pcs.)

Other info

16 in. Steel wheels & 205/55R16 tires (with center caps)
2 speakers (front 2)
▲ This vehicle, so we are bodywork that assume the race competition, please note that there might be a disadvantage compared to the standard vehicle maneuverability and ride quality, livability, the passengers, and quietness .
▲ roll cage for mounting, been subjected to processing such as cutting floor carpet, interior panels, etc.. In addition, by installing a roll cage, Sun visor is not mounted. In addition, because it becomes difficult to get on and off by installing a roll cage, please understand.
▲ roll cage for mounting, the function of the SRS side airbags + SRS curtain airbag will be limited.
▲ 4 point seat belt, front / rear transport hook is only for the competition, when the road is generally removed, please do not use.
■ tire puncture repair kit is installed in place of the spare tire.[/quote]

scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #1062
Corbic
Post Whore!

So it's still going to run a 16 second quarter mile?

Sounds like it will be slower than a regular car thanks to the added weight. Sounds also like it will be a $20k package.

Also sounds like Japan only - just like the GT86 Tuner version (steelies, unpainted bumpers, no stereo).
Old 08-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #1063
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Took them 15yrs to release a decent car not sure that's commitment,nissan ended production on the Silvia in 02 and following year released the Z33 that's commitment. Supra ended production in 98 and since then Toyota has done what?
GT86, FLA and the IS-F.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #1064
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I actually just read an article last week, Toyota has finally decided to bring the Supra back. I'm sure it'll be out of the price range for 99.9% of Zilvia though so don't need to talk about it. Same as the NSX and GTR.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #1065
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
I actually just read an article last week, Toyota has finally decided to bring the Supra back. I'm sure it'll be out of the price range for 99.9% of Zilvia though so don't need to talk about it. Same as the NSX and GTR.
Link to Article.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #1066
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
These are getting pretty cheap now guys...

About $17k for the 2010's... RWD, factory turbo'd and still gets no love around here.

I've become and MUCH bigger fan of the easier to mod pre-facelifted GC's nowadays.

Would take this over a stripped down $20k FRS in a heartbeat. So underrated.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #1067
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Nissan cut down both Z32 and S15, compact them into Z33. I call Nissan at least committed to at least one "sports car," when they kept going from Z33 to Z34.

Only last saving grace for Toyota is a MR2 Spyder and Celica GT-S, but they cut those in 2005. At least they brought the FR-S, but if the Z34 has 2009 pricing when FR-S was released, I'd rather get the Z34.

Honda had S2000, but stopped as well in 2008.

Hyundai's Genesis Coupe is still a work in progress, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #1068
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
These are getting pretty cheap now guys...

About $17k for the 2010's... RWD, factory turbo'd and still gets no love around here.

I've become and MUCH bigger fan of the easier to mod pre-facelifted GC's nowadays.

Would take this over a stripped down $20k FRS in a heartbeat. So underrated.
I got nuttin but love for ya.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #1069
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
I crossed over today.

Coming from a 240sx with suspension work and little power this ride just feels very familiar. Which is exactly what I wanted out of a brand new car.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #1070
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
I crossed over today.

Coming from a 240sx with suspension work and little power this ride just feels very familiar. Which is exactly what I wanted out of a brand new car.
GOOD FOR YOU! Perfect color too. Congrats man. Jealous.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #1071
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I really like this.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #1072
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
I really like this.
Eerily similar to a Dodge Dart, but I'd still rock one.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #1073
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Eerily similar to a Dodge Dart, but I'd still rock one.
Yeah, that opening between the headlights does give it that look. Still cool though.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #1074
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
I really like this.
That front bumper is horrendous.

I'm loving everything else tho (interior, color, wheels, etc.)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #1075
boostcreep

boostcreep is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
That front bumper is horrendous.

I'm loving everything else tho (interior, color, wheels, etc.)

agree. Not liking that bumper at all.
boostcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #1076
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
That bumper looks like it came off a new Jetta or Passat

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #1077
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
That bumper looks like it came off a new Jetta or Passat
+1. I was about to say that.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #1078
SidewaysS13ka
Zilvia Junkie

SidewaysS13ka is an unknown quantity at this point
NO! enough said.
SidewaysS13ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #1079
ejkisela
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sold one of my 180sx. Looking at one of these for pn2 class gymkhana. These may not be dominating the class, but it will make for good competition as they will be abundant. Gymkhana Battle: Subaru BRZ vs Nissan 370Z - YouTube
ejkisela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #1080
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
^^I thought you said you didnt wanna buy a new 86 Eric?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote