Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:39 AM   #10861
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Elon is a better visionary than he is a business man.
Ouch. Just like Nickolai Tesla... lol
Old 11-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #10862
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I think that’s what we’ve all been waiting for. The 86’s ONLY disadvantage is it’s powerpoant. Hell even if it would have had an underpowered Turbo in it I think it would have went over better because it could be modded so well.

The IDX was Nissans promise of such a car that was met with incredible enthusiasm and great acclaim...and they totally squandered it and pissed on us directly (I do take it very personally. I’m aware that’s not healthy) by carting this thing out to car shows, doing a Jay Leno’s Garage, etc etc and then scraping the whole thing out of the blue. Hell even the designer was told it was green lit.

Moral of the story is I don’t think any of us have any real faith that we’re going to get exactly what we want.

The other thing is most of us are older now, more mature. And the look and power of the Mustang is more appealing.
Exactly. While I love my S14 and still plan on swapping it, there is no part of me that would want to buy a car (through financing at that) knowing I am not happy with the power it makes and that I would have to mod it to make it work.

The pony cars are just a more put together package. Power with good handling in a subjectively attractive coupe with a manual. It is literally what we wanted the S16 to be.

When it comes to modding, at this point in my life, old JDM cars aside, I personally would go no further than suspension, a turbo swap, headers and exhaust on a car that I am making payments on or DDing.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #10863
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Ouch. Just like Nickolai Tesla... lol
Oh the irony.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #10864
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Exactly. While I love my S14 and still plan on swapping it, there is no part of me that would want to buy a car (through financing at that) knowing I am not happy with the power it makes and that I would have to mod it to make it work.

The pony cars are just a more put together package. Power with good handling in a subjectively attractive coupe with a manual. It is literally what we wanted the S16 to be.

When it comes to modding, at this point in my life, old JDM cars aside, I personally would go no further than suspension, a turbo swap, headers and exhaust on a car that I am making payments on or DDing.
This. All of this. I'm so over this whole reinvent the wheel shit to have a decent toy car. The S550 Mustang is everything we wanted the S16 to be and then some, aside from it's weight. The Silvia's weight probably would have ballooned up by now as well. But who knows... They managed to keep the 86 & Miata light... But weight is a little less important to me after realizing that every S550 model would stomp but the 86 and Miata in any performance contest outside of auto-x.

But all this recent talk about cheap or soon to be cheap performers like the Mustang and Kappas twins... I do just wanna remind ppl that the 335i exists. Early ones seem to be holding steady around $9k though. I wish the 135i would drop a little more, but they're holding at around $13k-$15k for the early years. That one is gonna be a classic.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #10865
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
This. All of this. I'm so over this whole reinvent the wheel shit to have a decent toy car. The S550 Mustang is everything we wanted the S16 to be and then some, aside from it's weight. The Silvia's weight probably would have ballooned up by now as well. But who knows... They managed to keep the 86 & Miata light... But weight is a little less important to me after realizing that every S550 model would stomp but the 86 and Miata in any performance contest outside of auto-x.

But all this recent talk about cheap or soon to be cheap performers like the Mustang and Kappas twins... I do just wanna remind ppl that the 335i exists. Early ones seem to be holding steady around $9k though. I wish the 135i would drop a little more, but they're holding at around $13k-$15k for the early years. That one is gonna be a classic.
And again this is exactly why when I test drove a Fiesta ST I was like wow Ford got this right( it's just sad that America will not buy compact cars and that the best hot hatch ever built will no longer be sold in the U.S. because of that.) It may be FWD but it drives likes its RWD . There is no torque steer. It shames a lot of other cars including Miata's and 86 twins on Rally and Autocross courses It's got power upgrade options out the wazoo some of which are completely smog legal.

Love the BMW's but outside of a beater E36 or new 135 or M2 under warranty do not want to have another in my life. They are matinence machines and they are not cheap to maintain. Now granted can I afford it well pretty much I have. Do I want to afford it is the real question and in that regards I am tired of it.
There are other cars I will buy sooner than buying another BMW.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #10866
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
... there is no part of me that would want to buy a car (through financing at that) knowing I am not happy with the power it makes and that I would have to mod it to make it work.
I know I'm not the 1st to qoute this, but dear g*d yes to this. Only shame is I still haven't "fallen in love" with my S14. [emoji852]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:32 PM   #10867
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Maximum Bob Lutz is predicting 20 years we WON’T be able to drive our cars on the roads.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/bob-l...-20-years/amp/
Old 11-07-2017, 07:32 PM   #10868
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Maximum Bob Lutz is predicting 20 years we WON’T be able to drive our cars on the roads.

Ya like that's going to happen without resistance , the Goverment telling you you can't own or operate a car unless your xcessively wealthy? . That's bordering on a totalatarian state thinking. Same goes for the words out of Mr Musks mouth.
Who the hell is he to determine that driving cars is too dangerous that's a broad statement to make.
Musk has some great idea's and some incredibibly dump ideas like shooting people in modules through tubes at Supersonic speeds aka Hyperlink. Lol

Lutz ya I won't even tell you what my father thouht of him. Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #10869
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I’ve been a fan of his for a long time. Mostly his stint at GM. He’s actually a CAR guy. So what he’s saying I don’t think comes from his wants, but more of a prediction based off of what he’s seeing in the industry.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #10870
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

What an idiot. Lutz sounds like he's spent his entire life in the city. Here in the real world of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, half the daily traffic still consists of horses and buggies.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #10871
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
those horses OBD1 or OBD2?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #10872
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on the equestrian control module.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #10873
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just skimmed through this and I absolutely, wholeheartedly agree with the Mustang argument. I am seriously considering getting one once I pay off my current vehicle loan. I'll take a 5.0 with track pack, one or two model years old would be perfect.

Regarding the BMW 335, my buddy just picked one up with a tick over 100k miles for 11k I believe. It's a super nice ride, 2011 model with the twin scroll turbo, very nice. Personally I wouldn't trust a German car though, that is unless you enjoy check engine lights.

Nissan does not give two shits about an affordable sports car. The 370 is ancient and slow by todays standards. They seriously need to get their heads out of their asses.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #10874
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Errbody sleeps on the original, original Mustang. Back in my day, when I was a dashing young, straw-hat wearing Jebadiah, the snow cleat horseshoes on Barney and the steel band wheels were the perfect recipe for doing the donut shapes in the snow. The unplucked nether-regions of the ladies were always moist with delight.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #10875
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So the baby NSX rumors turned out to be true...the kicker is its for GT and the car is not real. At all.

Also, its not that cool looking.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/09/...o-racing-game/

Old 11-10-2017, 03:26 AM   #10876
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
looks like a new honda beat?
Old 11-10-2017, 06:27 AM   #10877
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Like I've been saying

https://jalopnik.com/why-so-many-for...out-1820280550

Also.. in the artifice Mr Tracy alleges that mustangs aren't currently effected. Not true. They are having the same issues. It doesn't take long to find the complaints.
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #10878
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
So the baby NSX rumors turned out to be true...the kicker is its for GT and the car is not real. At all.

Also, its not that cool looking.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/09/...o-racing-game/
Ahh... So... much like that ugly as sin next gen GTR concept from GT6 thats be making the rounds for the past few years.

But I'll say this baby NSX looks loads better than that Vision GTR pile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
Like I've been saying

https://jalopnik.com/why-so-many-for...out-1820280550

Also.. in the artifice Mr Tracy alleges that mustangs aren't currently effected. Not true. They are having the same issues. It doesn't take long to find the complaints.
Whoa... Holy shit. Ford better fix that shit. The Ecoboosts are becoming their bread and butter.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #10879
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Ahh... So... much like that ugly as sin next gen GTR concept from GT6 thats be making the rounds for the past few years.

But I'll say this baby NSX looks loads better than that Vision GTR pile.

Whoa... Holy shit. Ford better fix that shit. The Ecoboosts are becoming their bread and butter.
First off the Ecoboost Mustang has been out longer and there has not been widespread complaints about this happening with it. Second off Focus ST's seem to be fine as well as the Fiesta ST's. There was a oil coolant line issue with the 2014 Fiesta and a head casting issue for that year that Ford actually is doing active replacement for anyone who suffers from it. Subsequent re routing of line and change in head castings has not set seen it come up in any years since as far as I know.

This is still mainly a RS issue primarily.

As far as having experience with turbo engines for years now mainly Nissan . I have seen people pop SR's from over boosting. On the possible issues outside of what I have seen noted I.E. By Ford and or a Majority RS . I would hazard to guess user error could add to the problem.
As much like many SR owning individuals did and do Ecoboost owners do have a tendacy to strap on bigger Turbos with more boost and ECU remap/flashes that could effect the longevity of the engine in its stock configuration.
Ford gets some pretty damn good factory numbers out of all their Ecoboost engines and th fact is even SR's need more than Stock work when you really start pushing them. So it's a good guess some could be chalked up to things like to much for the stock setup.
Why do people put metal headgasket on their SR's hmm just saying .

More investigation is needed before blanket condemnation like zenkcipe casts.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #10880
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i showed the video while back ago. its basically a block design flaw, a headbolt cracking being too close to a coolant chamber on the rs. probably same as the mustang also? rs tuners have know this problem for for a long ass time and beefed up the area thats prone to cracking. the bad part is ford has been hush hush about it.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #10881
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Dare I say your forum ID fits you perfectly in the above statement. The engine in the Mazda 3 is actually a stout one. The Ford Ecoboost Duratec engines are closely related and besides a stock headgasket with over boosted demands on RS's and enthusiasts doing the larger Turbo with too much boost. The engines are quite reliable. I should know I own an beat on a 2 liter one on a daily basis. Lol

Outside of that current Ford fit and finish is ok not the best not the worst. I can tell you a lot of the lower line Toyotas these days are nothing to rewrite home about either. Cheap comes to mind. In fact Prius interiors are complete crap.

Mazda's are ok as well not great. Seen rental Mazda 3's with 50k on them it's not exactly perfect.
I didn't say anything about the mazda engine, I said nissans are junk. I was pointing out that the only reason that car could belong in this thread, as it IS NOT related, it's almost the opposite in every way, is the same reason fanboys often seem to want junky trucks made by the same company who made their old junky toy car, to tow it.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #10882
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Well Mazda MUST have been reading my points. The refreshed 6 is getting the CX-9 turbo engine. 250hp and 310ft lbs will feel good in that thing. If only it would come in a stick like that.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...-and-info-news
Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #10883
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
well it would be exciting if we could expect a 3rd pedal... but NOPE!

Old 11-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #10884
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
well it would be exciting if we could expect a 3rd pedal... but NOPE!
I’m looking for a second car (with 4 doors). I’d love a third pedal and the ATS is really the only car that gets me excited that’s offered in a manual. If I’m going to have to compromise, a Turbo Mazda 6 doesn’t seem bad. It’s certainly good looking and if it handles as well as the CX-9 it sounds down right awesome. Plus it’s like $8k cheaper than the ATS.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #10885
hockeyplaye8511

hockeyplaye8511 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait? The 2014 had an option with a 3rd pedel, I test drove one. Is the new gen not getting a manual option?
hockeyplaye8511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #10886
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaye8511 View Post
Wait? The 2014 had an option with a 3rd pedel, I test drove one. Is the new gen not getting a manual option?
The current one does too. But only in the two lower trims. They NEED to offer this 2.5t in GT trim with a stick. No lie, i'd buy one in a heart beat and auto cross it on the weekends.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #10887
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

New info on Nissan’s new Variable Compression engine. They say 268hp and 288ft lbs but it’s lighter and more efficient than their V6.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/16/...ession-engine/

So this thing HAS to be offered in a new Z. There’s so many routes they could go with the next Z, but I think it needs this engine, be slightly larger than an 86, probably a little heavier and be like $29k. Then offer the new TTV6 with 400hp at $35-$42k.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #10888
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i somehow get the nasty feeling the Z is done... the G/Q coupe will most likely take over as Nissans 'entry level' sportscar while the GTR will carry the 'halo super car' status.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:58 PM   #10889
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i somehow get the nasty feeling the Z is done... the G/Q coupe will most likely take over as Nissans 'entry level' sportscar while the GTR will carry the 'halo super car' status.
I get that feeling too...but its just makes so much sense doesn't it?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #10890
s134
Zilvia Addict

s134 is a well-known jackass
I just want to say this thread started on the topic of the pontiac soltice 11 years ago haha.