Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #1081
Blackerninja
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Blackerninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Color of car: Silver Green Pearl/Dark-Grey Metallic
Build date: 12/88
original transmission: 5 Speed manual
sunroof: Yes
HUD: Originally yes, not any more apparently
wing: no
State: Florida

Just bought it this weekend, last owner is on the site i believe. Pretty beat up,bought it with the intention of it being a beater but now that I know what is it, a seafoam two-tone coupe, I feel that it's my responsibility to keep it somewhat good looking.

Silvia front is looking better and better but all my money is going to fund my hatch's big single build.

Threw some wheel I had on, sits pretty good, not sure if it's hitting anywhere as far as wheel to coilover, driver side fender rubs the tire a bit but it's rolled so it's good for now.

Blackerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #1082
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
^^If you decide you want to sell it let me know, I move to FL in a few weeks and I need a sunroof car to switch all my stuff over too. haha
Old 04-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #1083
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice that was my friend Brandons coupe, good to see someone bought it with intentions on keeping it two tone
Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #1084
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I want to paint mine all one color.

hate onnnnnnnnnn
Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #1085
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
It's not like you can't always repaint it factory colors down the road
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #1086
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
ZAR! paint it all green!

I was considering doing it to my coupe but it didnt start as 2 tone.
However there is one for a good deal on CL right now I might try and snatch that up.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #1087
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
just want to thank all the people that have clean two tones, and for the people who drift them into walls, please choose another color scheme to crash and save me all the two tones

but seriously thanks guys for all the awesome pictures of two tones over the years. i love this thread. so dont fuck it up.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #1088
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm picking up a two tone this weekend, 167k miles on it with auto trans, buying it from the second owner it's been parked for 6 years and is gonna need some tlc! I'll post pics when I get it!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #1089
Blackerninja
Leaky Injector

Blackerninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry-guy View Post
nice that was my friend Brandons coupe, good to see someone bought it with intentions on keeping it two tone
Yep thats him. Next time you see him you may want to warn him that wiring a little toggle switch straight to the battery with like 12-gauge unfused wire isnt the best or safest idea
Blackerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #1090
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My two tone's dash just cracked yesterday. Major bummer. It cracked vertically right in the middle of the gauge cluster hump.

Also, the HUD projector thing doesn't completely flush on the dash, is anyone else's like that?
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #1091
unaffiliated240sx
Zilvia Member

unaffiliated240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
89 silver green pearl, dark grey metalic
5speed
sunroof
hud
no spoiler
this is how it set the day i bought it

this is how she sits today. I still need to paint it after we test fit some parts and work a few bugs out. I'm definitly keeping it two tone and lowering it a bit more.

326 will not be put on the car
unaffiliated240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #1092
nismobenzo
Zilvia Junkie

nismobenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
^poor car ;P
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #1093
Petitt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Petitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In case you guys were interested, I hit a deer, and thus was stuck either driving with a maroon fender, or rattle canning it back to two tone. To my surprise, It actually didn't come out horrrible. The Gunmetal Metallic from Rustoleum is a damn near perfect match. Great for touching up those chipped lips from being low.

Please ignore my hood. Its getting painted this week.
Petitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #1094
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Since when did this turn into the Rice thread?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #1095
Petitt
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Since when did this turn into the Rice thread?

I don't know if youi're referring to my pink ass hood but I'll shed some light onto what car car has been thru the last two weeks, just so you know this wasn't a personal choice.

Destroyed a deer, thus fucking up my hood, headlight, and fender.

Bent my radiator support to the point my hood wouldn't even latch

I beat the shit out of the support with a sledge hammer, and then I picked up a fender that was maroon, and headlight covers and a hood off of a friend who had his entire car vinyl wrapped in that vinyl. I repainted the fender as close to silver as I could find for my budget, and TBH, the silver looks like shit in person. I ran out of paint (and spending money, fucking end of the month bills) so thats why its still that vinyl and not painted.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #1096
!Zar!
Post Whore!

hood/wheels. Make them normallllllllll

The rest is cool.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #1097
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
with his 2tone plans from the paint thread it should come out looking pretty fucking sweet.

Even tho it wont be an oem 2tone and I usually dont condone that.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #1098
Petitt
Leaky Injector

Yeah what he said. Like this lol

Gotta give it time. I find it hard to spend money on my car knowing I'm losing my job at the end of this month
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #1099
tr4c3
Zilvia Junkie

tr4c3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tr4c3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petitt View Post
In case you guys were interested, I hit a deer, and thus was stuck either driving with a maroon fender, or rattle canning it back to two tone. To my surprise, It actually didn't come out horrrible. The Gunmetal Metallic from Rustoleum is a damn near perfect match. Great for touching up those chipped lips from being low.

Please ignore my hood. Its getting painted this week.
Got to love those damn love bugs. Nothing more fun then having to clean my car after everytime I drive it.
tr4c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #1100
Wake
Premium Member

Did somebody on here pick up that 2tone that was on SF's craigslist? I wanted it super bad but it was gone before i got the money together.

It was 89 seafoam/gray, 5sp, power everything with working HUD and moonroof. No spoiler and the paint was a tiny bit faded other than that it was super clean. I didnt even see any dents from the pics.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #1101
doke! ドリフト
Zilvia Junkie

doke! ドリフト is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackerninja View Post
Yep thats him. Next time you see him you may want to warn him that wiring a little toggle switch straight to the battery with like 12-gauge unfused wire isnt the best or safest idea
hahahah hoooolyy shit
Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #1102
tr4c3
Zilvia Junkie

tr4c3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to tr4c3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackerninja View Post
Color of car: Silver Green Pearl/Dark-Grey Metallic
Build date: 12/88
original transmission: 5 Speed manual
sunroof: Yes
HUD: Originally yes, not any more apparently
wing: no
State: Florida

Just bought it this weekend, last owner is on the site i believe. Pretty beat up,bought it with the intention of it being a beater but now that I know what is it, a seafoam two-tone coupe, I feel that it's my responsibility to keep it somewhat good looking.

Silvia front is looking better and better but all my money is going to fund my hatch's big single build.

Threw some wheel I had on, sits pretty good, not sure if it's hitting anywhere as far as wheel to coilover, driver side fender rubs the tire a bit but it's rolled so it's good for now.

I'm 15 min from spring hill, surprised I haven't seen you around yet. I miss my two-tone, you may see my vert around in a few years if I ever get it on the road.
tr4c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #1103
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Oops

Auto
Sunroof
HUD
Slow
California

Last edited by allntrlundrgrnd; 05-06-2011 at 08:31 PM..
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #1104
X2daC
Leaky Injector

X2daC is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to X2daC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4c3 View Post
Got to love those damn love bugs. Nothing more fun then having to clean my car after everytime I drive it.
Exactly the reason why I haven't washed my truck.

Waiting until they leave.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #1105
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allntrlundrgrnd View Post
Oops
why you say oops?
Is that the one on CL right now?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #1106
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
why you say oops?
Is that the one on CL right now?

Cause I sold my car with the intention of buying a reliable old person car but I seem to be defenseless against the power of the coupes.

And yes I did find it on sf cl
Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 AM   #1107
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

These wheels were on the car when I bought it, not really sure how I feel about them...

Old 05-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #1108
Wake
Premium Member

fuck yooooouuuuu!!!!

I was gonna buy that car. Theres was another one like a week later that i missed out on too.
Guess Ill just have to wait until the end of summer when all the fanbois sell their "projects"
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 05-12-2011, 03:52 AM   #1109
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

$1800

Im getting Maryland historic plates for it too so no smog, inspections, emissions...

Old 05-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #1110
!Zar!
Post Whore!

You can only run out of state plates for so long before you get caught.