Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #11131
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I'm a wounded soldier. Just got back from Afghanistan and can't sleep. This is sadly what I do all day and all night when not working on my car or being lazy elsewhere. Haha.

Yes. That is what was used for the top portion of the car with the 463. Post pictures of this bad boy. Lets see what you're working with.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 03:21 AM   #11132
Minz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Minz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I'm a wounded soldier. Just got back from Afghanistan and can't sleep. This is sadly what I do all day and all night when not working on my car or being lazy elsewhere. Haha.

Yes. That is what was used for the top portion of the car with the 463. Post pictures of this bad boy. Lets see what you're working with.
Oh mate sucks to hear that.
I only have shitty photos since it's getting fitted and sanded at the panel shop but heres ones I took before I sent it off. GP Sports Front, Supermade Sides and Rear.

Minz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #11133
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I Just picked up a 93 hatch shell to drop my sr20 into from my other s13. I'm wanting to pull out the lower harness to swap for my other one (since its already plug and play with my sr20) but it looks like the harness is all connected as one with every bit of wiring under the dash. is this correct? im not that good at wiring, but i'm not completely incompetent. but i dont want to start in on it and then be over my head. any suggestions on where to start/what to start with?
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #11134
Vitzio240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Vitzio240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im having problems with my car. Car is a 91 twin cam s13. It will not start by just turning the key. The engine will turn and turn and it feels like it wants to start but it doesnt. Then after numerous times it starts and slowly creeps up to idle. The only way it started was with my foot on the gas, it feels as if it wasnt getting any fuel. Everything has been tested. It has a brand new walbro 255, z32 fuel filter, 3new injectors, new tps, timing is spot on 20deg btdc, egr and all the emissions has been deleted properly, cleaned maf, cleaned iacv, ecu shows code 55. Everything was perfect until it started doing this one day. It will do it in the morning when its cold or even when I just finished turning it off. I dont understand what it could be. I have already searched millions of threads and havent found nothing like this. I was thinking maybe another bad injector? The car also sputters and backfires if i hold it at 2500rpm and the idle is not stable it will move up and down very slowly like it will not stay steady. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

240sx s13 hard starting - YouTube
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #11135
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Oyster, paint code 656. Someone turned a gold coupe into a two-tone. The owner lurks the two-tone preservation society threat.
THANK YOU!!
I have been looking for another description of that color forever. Its somewhere between champagne and Silver moss.
Now I can finally do my almighty 2tone. you rock dude.

And thank you for your service, Sincerely.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #11136
Minz
Leaky Injector

Minz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
THANK YOU!!
I have been looking for another description of that color forever. Its somewhere between champagne and Silver moss.
Now I can finally do my almighty 2tone. you rock dude.

And thank you for your service, Sincerely.
Seriously the best two tone colour combo I've ever seen, it just looks so right.
Minz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #11137
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just did the Altima/z31 rear brake swap on my s14, new rotors and new pads. Removed the dust shields, had to put a washer on the bracket bolt to keep it off the rotor. But it seems my rear brakes are dragging pretty bad, not to the point of smoking but you can def smell them and they are hot to the touch. The sliders in the z31 brackets slide free (they were actually in great shape) and my calipers turned in easily as well. So what gives? I'm thinking maybe the Altima rotors are thicker than stock and so the ebrake is a little tight, but I can still pull the brake up all the way, resistance isn't too tight. Anyone else had a similar problem?
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #11138
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Ask codyace
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #11139
S13ink

S13ink is an unknown quantity at this point
So am new to posting on this forum I've always read the Threads and found them real useful but I've searched everywhere for my answer can't find it so here it goes am trying to accomplish a 5 speed swap on my 92 coupe the only problem I have is I can't find a 5 speed cross member anywhere I mean anywhere so I was wondering could I still use my auto tranny cross member or is there a place to get an aftermarket one I live in phx az maybe someone round these parts has one any info would be eternally appriciate it and I know sorry the newbie asked a question
S13ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #11140
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuki.s13.coupe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Try the market place on here and search through it.
chuki.s13.coupe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #11141
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13ink View Post
So am new to posting on this forum I've always read the Threads and found them real useful but I've searched everywhere for my answer can't find it so here it goes am trying to accomplish a 5 speed swap on my 92 coupe the only problem I have is I can't find a 5 speed cross member anywhere I mean anywhere so I was wondering could I still use my auto tranny cross member or is there a place to get an aftermarket one I live in phx az maybe someone round these parts has one any info would be eternally appriciate it and I know sorry the newbie asked a question
They're all over the place. Look harder. Market place on here, local forums, junkyards, etc.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #11142
Wake
Premium Member

I might have one I can sell ya
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #11143
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13ink View Post
just post in Wanted to Buy. pretty sure you can will get a response the same day
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #11144
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
[QUOTE=SupaDoopa;4801855]I'm a wounded soldier. Just got back from Afghanistan and can't sleep. This is sadly what I do all day and all night when not working on my car or being lazy elsewhere. Haha.

QUOTE]

Sucks bro. Go to sleep with 2 benedryl, wake up with strong ass coffee. Take those little pink fuckers about an hour before you want to sleep. BArring that seconal works but then amphetimine is the only way to wake up. BTDT, no POG here
Old 07-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #11145
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Question,

I have a s14 with redtop swap. The motor has been in the car for 2 years with no issues. Now, all of a sudden the tach is only working intermittently but the wire seems to be perfectly grounded into the blue ECM plug. Ideas?

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #11146
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling View Post
Question,

I have a s14 with redtop swap. The motor has been in the car for 2 years with no issues. Now, all of a sudden the tach is only working intermittently but the wire seems to be perfectly grounded into the blue ECM plug. Ideas?
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/355077...ch-glitch.html
Old 07-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #11147
240sxDavid
Zilvia Junkie

240sxDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Where do I post if I find a good deal on specific parts?
I found someone on ebay selling 3 type x front lips for 80$ each
240sxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #11148
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
g_mac530 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g_mac530
I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific. Anyone else have issues with frozen pistons in 30mm Iron 300zx calipers? I bought a pair rebuilt around a year ago and I have to rebuild them already because both passenger and driver side have pistons all rusted up.

Is it specific to just the iron calipers or maybe I got a pair that wasn't rebuilt properly? I have new calipers on the way, I was just curious though.
g_mac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #11149
mOmO

mOmO is an unknown quantity at this point
So, S13 coupe with Redtop SR

1.Randomly the car will die..its only happened a couple of times...Bad grounds? Runs fine other wise

2. It has the HUD, but the Fuel Gauge doesn't work...fuel sensor?

3. Can you hook up A/C into an SR-swapped car? If so what's needed and where can i get the parts?

car has a kill switch wired in if that matters at all
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #11150
benz88
Leaky Injector

benz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
delete, wrong thread
benz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #11151
mOmO

mOmO is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so when you get off the gas...the car dies.

Turn it on, idles fine, give it gas and let off. it dies
Old 07-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #11152
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mOmO View Post
So, S13 coupe with Redtop SR

1.Randomly the car will die..its only happened a couple of times...Bad grounds? Runs fine other wise

2. It has the HUD, but the Fuel Gauge doesn't work...fuel sensor?

3. Can you hook up A/C into an SR-swapped car? If so what's needed and where can i get the parts?

car has a kill switch wired in if that matters at all
Check your fuel pressure... First things I'd be looking at are the pump and filter... then injectors and FPR.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #11153
srrb240sx

srrb240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
My first sr swapp deleted the aiv will it still be fine to starte it with computer that came with it was in a front clip I searched but no one metions anything?
srrb240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #11154
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Does ANYONE know where I can find something like this, in a 1" ID and about 2-4" long? I've been checking all the vendors, even JEGS and Summit Racing with no luck. It's used to connect the two halves of the IACV hose on RB25DETs to the factory crossover coldpipe. Pictures for reference (thanks to FRSport and RHDJapan)

Ignore the highlights, it's #14861R in this diagram.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #11155
imbored205
Leaky Injector

imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
The transmission I have for the 5 speed swap doesnt have the breather tubes. I looked to buy some new ones but they are out of production.

Are these breather tubes needed or can I do without them?
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #11156
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
Does ANYONE know where I can find something like this, in a 1" ID and about 2-4" long? I've been checking all the vendors, even JEGS and Summit Racing with no luck. It's used to connect the two halves of the IACV hose on RB25DETs to the factory crossover coldpipe. Pictures for reference (thanks to FRSport and RHDJapan)

Ignore the highlights, it's #14861R in this diagram.
Florida, locate a piece of Stainless Steel tubing in the diameter you want...check fabrication shops where they build hot rods or exhaust systems. Once you find it, either polish it or buff it then have them make the flares and you have your part. If they stock it, you shouldn't pay more than a few bucks. Other options are:
Burns Exhaust or other race type shops, but my guess is you can locally source the material then have it flared. As you have already figured out, the flares are a must to hold pressure with the couplings torqued to spec
Old 07-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #11157
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

bored,
breather tubes made DIY work better than none. Any system that contains lubricant will weep oils through it's breather system. DIY the thing, run tubes to where you like(usually into the frame) or DIY a catch can that is common for all breathers and do a sanitary run that way for all your breathers that are up front. You can use anything from a Venom can to a hardcore race quality catch can for the multiple tubes
Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #11158
sqd
Leaky Injector

sqd is an unknown quantity at this point
Do these Circiut Sports turn signals:
Circuit Sports Front Turn Signal Lights S14 JDM Bumper Kouki

Fit this Vertex-style bumper:

Can't tell if they are the same
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #11159
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Yes, any JDM Kouki signals should work.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #11160
sqd
Leaky Injector

sqd is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah, thank you!
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote