Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-18-2016, 07:05 PM   #11221
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
Man, this thread sucks ass.

Thanks for this. The current topic sucks shit.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #11222
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What the hell happened to that Z?
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #11223
sil80takashi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sil80takashi is making a name for him/her selfsil80takashi is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
too much reading, so didn't read

but anyhow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
DIW x DIW = DIW^2

I give him A for effort for trying to match the rusted look on the bumpers and skirts lol
Old 05-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #11224
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Making cars look like planes....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:14 PM   #11225
Twitchee_

Twitchee_ is an unknown quantity at this point
What my feed on IG consisted ofuploadfromtaptalk1463634844610.jpg

Sent from Gs Potatoe
Twitchee_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:56 AM   #11226
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchee_ View Post
What my feed on IG consisted ofAttachment 93088
you need to stop following locals
Old 05-19-2016, 06:48 AM   #11227
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GU59i8_8hA

zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:04 AM   #11228
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post

BRB GOING TO KMS
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:14 AM   #11229
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Don't know what's worse. That dumbass or the comments praising this dumbfuckery.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #11230
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
I mean at least he backed the screws with washers and then dabbed them black to color match... so close to DIR
Old 05-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #11231
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
To be fair, he's young and seems like a nice enough kid. The missile/hoonibro status-quo is mostly to blame for these heinous cars.

Whereas a lot of us drew our inspiration from Hot Version videos, Genki PS2 games, etc, a lot of these kids emulate the style they currently see around them, which we can all agree is fucking terrible.

Import car culture has been absolutely raped.

What annoys me is the fact that attention-to-detail costs absolutely nothing, and could've made his very shit modification look slightly less shit.

Why didn't he paint the wood before mounting it to the car?

Why didn't he uniformly space the screws?

Old 05-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #11232
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
To be fair, he's young and seems like a nice enough kid. The missile/hoonibro status-quo is mostly to blame for these heinous cars.

Whereas a lot of us drew our inspiration from Hot Version videos, Genki PS2 games, etc, a lot of these kids emulate the style they currently see around them, which we can all agree is fucking terrible.

Import car culture has been absolutely raped. At least the ricers of the early '00s had an element of attention to detail. This kid didn't even attempt to uniformly space his wood-screws...

Sure hes young, so was I. I never once thought of using a 2x4 on the front bumper cover of any of my cars. It might just be me I dunno...
Old 05-19-2016, 08:03 AM   #11233
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Quote:
Sure hes young, so was I. I never once thought of using a 2x4 on the front bumper cover of any of my cars. It might just be me I dunno...
No it's not just you, but nowadays people think shit like this is cool, hence all the crap you see that emulates the style:

Old 05-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #11234
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

dangggg DIW fer sure ^^^
Old 05-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #11235
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So he has to disconnect his oil cooler to take his hood off? Just brilliant.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #11236
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
So he has to disconnect his oil cooler to take his hood off? Just brilliant.
Well technically no... FA/SB RX7's the hood opens toward the front bumper, so i guess the oil cooler lines snake through the holes...

But what is that duct taped to the hood (Cowl??) up by the windsheild????

John Lennon talking you through the chicane lol
Old 05-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #11237
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Ah shit you're right.

DIR then? lol.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:15 AM   #11238
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Blame bloodmasters
Old 05-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #11239
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

Dude is currently building a drift Rolls Royce.

https://www.youtube.com/user/flyboy333/videos
Old 05-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #11240
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post
Turns out John Lennon is just trolling us!!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #11241
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post
Drift Rolls Royce? Hmmm, that could actually be quite cool...

OH FFS

"As you can see, flares are on... I might wipe away this ummm, burn-mark stuff, but I kinda like it for now"

Corbin Goodwin is the Lord and Savior of DIW.

And to really rub salt in the wounds, this is how the car started:

And to make matters even worse, people are actually donating to this kid's kickstarter (which I won't be linking to) to help him further molest this classic car.

And if ever you think the tide is turning and people are coming to their senses, quickly re-visit the FA RX7 video and lose what little faith you had left in the modern car scene:

I think I need to take a break from the internet for a while.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:19 AM   #11242
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Double Post.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #11243
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
No I don't. The fact that if I say "Paisa Drift", you think of the time on the news when they slid into PEOPLE, is the only needed reference. If I say "Camber Gang" or "Stretched tire explosion" or any other hot words associated with that lifestyle, and everyone draws a blank or has to go scouring the internet to hopefully find something (that you probably won't) goes to my point that there has never been a widely known (mainstream or in the car world) incident.

It's much like the "fake wheels explode" rumor. Now, I've spent my hard earned money or LEGIT wheels and some goober spends a third of the price to get the same look? EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF that. Now I'm gonna make a rumor that fake wheels break and say THAT'S why I don't like them. Then I'll create a picture, of wheel breaking that, nobody can verify or confirm and through THE ENTIRE CAR COMMUNITY, nobody was there but everyone remembers their "buddy" who knows about it. It's the exact same thing. People coming up with ridiculous logic to try to justify something they don't like instead of just not liking it because they don't like it. And then, they try to use THEIR (ridiculous) story to try to convince people who don't care about the same things as the reasoning for wrong doing. A kid who puts fake wheels on a credit card to get instagram fame CLEARLY doesn't build the same way an adult who saves up and has custom wheels built does. Two completely different trains of thought really. Same thing with oni-camber. They don't give a sh1t about "race car" stuff.

TLDIW
Your premise is only based on anecdotal evidence (or lack thereof). I don't know of anyone who died or got injured while texting and driving. Doesn't mean it's not an issue. I also don't need to know of someone that redecorated their interior with their grey matter to know that a roll cage in a street car is generally a stupid idea.

Being 'restricted' to go not go fast doesn't mean braking distance is not an issue either. Being in the rust belt you should know better. If those car can reach the speed limit, the braking distance and car control is definitely a big factor.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #11244
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Good job Dylan, saying the important things and wrapping your head around the real issues.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #11245
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
https://austin.craigslist.org/pts/5594480299.html

"This is a 96, last year they made these"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #11246
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
This isn't 240 related...

THAT FUCKING WING THOUGH! [emoji23]

https://www.facebook.com/nrknyheter/...3803366286715/

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #11247
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

You guys calling S14's just "zenki" or "kouki" are doing it wrong.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:17 AM   #11248
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
"You're doing it wrong" Pt. 2 - Because turrible ideas never die

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
https://austin.craigslist.org/pts/5594480299.html

"This is a 96, last year they made these"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly doing it wrong. It's the guys Ex selling it, why would she know jack about cars?

Description is accurate - salvage, junk, not running, no title, parts car.

It's TX, so there won't be any rot.

It's $300. This is $200 less then scrap but reflects the no-title problem. Need the titles to scrap a car.

An industrious person could give her $200 and make $1500 off it. Part it out and cut up the rest for scrap.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #11249
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
You guys calling S14's just "zenki" or "kouki" are doing it wrong.

They don't know what the word means. Fucking weeboos.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #11250
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

I know. Throw chuki at them and watch them stammer.

It's basically a shortcut to knowing they're an idiot now.