Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #1111
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
are u going to freedom moves?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #1112
c_mancuyas8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
c_mancuyas8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
great work on the build! Looks amazing!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #1113
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
The next event might call for aero on track.....maybe.
Please don't blow em' up please?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #1114
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

The next event might call for aero on track.....maybe.
this dude.....
Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #1115
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightcoastimports View Post
are u going to freedom moves?
No, I don't have the funds to go back up there yet. The 7 hour drive+tolls+gas+tires+entry fee+food was a hellacious bill last time....and I only got 4 runs before my wheel bearing exploded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Please don't blow em' up please?
I'll do my best

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #1116
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
your car is absolutely gorgeous man, hows the ls running/treating you? any issues?
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #1117
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
The LS is doing awesome. The only 'issue' I am having right now is a super small amount of oil seepage around the oil pan, meaning I must not have sealed the pan on as good as I had hoped. The motor feels awesome, and is basically everything I wanted it to be.

I guess the only other issue is I am basically used to the power now and am starting to see how people get hooked on wanting more.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #1118
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

just what i wanted to hear. i cant wait for my ls, but i keep hearing of oiling issues, or needing different ps pumps/coolers etc. if i remember right yours is almost stock?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #1119
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I have the LS4 oil pump and an oil cooler set up (actually a grex kit for a S14 SR20, lol - I'm obviously not using that oil block and what not, just the lines/thermostat/cooler). My oil pressure is usually around 60psi at idle and gets up in the 120s while drifting....so I have plenty of oil pressure. I am running 20W50 valvoline race oil as well, as recommended by the local LS shop. Although, I did just read a bunch of people on LS1 tech saying that will blow the motor up, I haven't had any issues at all?

My power steering rack lines are kinked, but when I jack the car up tomorrow and take my knuckles off to ship out to PSM I'll probably replace those lines. I had a little seepage of power steering fluid at the last even, but those lines are kinked and I am 99.9% sure that's the reason.

Instagram - SJKnoop

Last edited by 95KA-Turbo; 09-07-2011 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: Typo - LS4 not LQ4
Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #1120
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

good to know man
Old 09-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #1121
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo
No, I don't have the funds to go back up there yet. The 7 hour drive+tolls+gas+tires+entry fee+food was a hellacious bill last time....and I only got 4 runs before my wheel bearing exploded.
true.. that sucks i didnt even realize thats why i didnt see you out there much.

I'll be driving that track for the first time, got a good crew from new england going down.. should be a good time. plus their having a HTL competition sunday.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #1122
silver04rsx
Leaky Injector

silver04rsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you ever go to VIR? I will miss the one in October but will be going to the one in May.

Your car inspires me btw, so damn clean and the LS looks right at home in your bay. Cant wait to leave Iraq and start building mine.
silver04rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #1123
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
I have the LS4 oil pump and an oil cooler set up (actually a grex kit for a S14 SR20, lol - I'm obviously not using that oil block and what not, just the lines/thermostat/cooler). My oil pressure is usually around 60psi at idle and gets up in the 120s while drifting....so I have plenty of oil pressure. I am running 20W50 valvoline race oil as well, as recommended by the local LS shop. Although, I did just read a bunch of people on LS1 tech saying that will blow the motor up, I haven't had any issues at all?

My power steering rack lines are kinked, but when I jack the car up tomorrow and take my knuckles off to ship out to PSM I'll probably replace those lines. I had a little seepage of power steering fluid at the last even, but those lines are kinked and I am 99.9% sure that's the reason.
I hope its not the rack i sold you that is bad and nissan sells those hardlines for 15 bucks each i think or u can just go to autozone and use the universal brake lines they sell and use that which are like 4 bucks lol
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #1124
silver04rsx
Leaky Injector

Can you give more insight on your wheels? I was looking at VR's website and looking at there BBS wheels and lips. Most are 17x8/9 with a 45mm offset. How do you calculate what size lips do I need to make them sit flush? I think I have an idea of how, I just wanted to get your opinion. Im mainly worried about the front, I dont want to put too wide of a lip up front and I dont like to run spacers either.

thanks.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #1125
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver04rsx View Post
Do you ever go to VIR? I will miss the one in October but will be going to the one in May.

Your car inspires me btw, so damn clean and the LS looks right at home in your bay. Cant wait to leave Iraq and start building mine.
I haven't been to VIR with the LS yet. I just need to get a better feel for the car before I go there again. Last time I was able to barely connect the front section a few times. May of next year sounds about right for when I'll be comfortable enough with the car again to throw it at a wall, hahaha.

I PMed you about the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
I hope its not the rack i sold you that is bad and nissan sells those hardlines for 15 bucks each i think or u can just go to autozone and use the universal brake lines they sell and use that which are like 4 bucks lol
It isn't, I am just too lazy to take out the whole rack as I am not sure if I can with the LS in my car. If I get under there and I can, then I will, but I want to just replace the hard lines and boots first if it looks like I'll have to take the LH header off or pull the motor.

Quote:
true.. that sucks i didnt even realize thats why i didnt see you out there much.

I'll be driving that track for the first time, got a good crew from new england going down.. should be a good time. plus their having a HTL competition sunday.
Nice, it definitely is a fun track if you get enough runs. I think a smaller event up there would be more enjoyable, just because I probably would have only gotten another 3-4 runs in just because of how long the lines were and B class was the most crowded.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 09-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #1126
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
one of my fav. parts of your car which gets no attention is your "rauh welt" sticker on your cage. its an awesome touch.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #1127
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:

20W50? Holy crap...that seem a lil thick for an NA engine, that has a healthy oil pressure. How hot does the engine get?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #1128
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I haven't been to VIR with the LS yet. I just need to get a better feel for the car before I go there again. Last time I was able to barely connect the front section a few times. May of next year sounds about right for when I'll be comfortable enough with the car again to throw it at a wall, hahaha.
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure you were there for Quest For the Sword way back in Fall of '08? You were the only dude doing solo runs IIRC, and you had to come in mega hot just to get a decent line. (Also, pretty sure you spun hard coming down the hill and almost whacked the tire wall.)
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #1129
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
I am running 20W50 valvoline race oil as well, as recommended by the local LS shop..
The conventional, or synthetic?

Both are basically valvoline's normal blend with a little added zinc. Not worth the money IMO. I would get some amsoil or schaeffer oil for that beast.

Schaeffer Oil | Supreme 9000 5W-50 Synthetic Racing Engine Oil

Eneos's new Sustina might be worth a try too, but that is most likely harder to get.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #1130
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
one of my fav. parts of your car which gets no attention is your "rauh welt" sticker on your cage. its an awesome touch.
Thank you, its silver on white so it doesn't stick out much, haha. I have a gold one I am saving for a real Porsche...whenever that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
20W50? Holy crap...that seem a lil thick for an NA engine, that has a healthy oil pressure. How hot does the engine get?
It usually stays around 200-210 for regular driving and while drifting it can get up to 230 if I don't do a cool down lap and just keep sliding, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure you were there for Quest For the Sword way back in Fall of '08? You were the only dude doing solo runs IIRC, and you had to come in mega hot just to get a decent line. (Also, pretty sure you spun hard coming down the hill and almost whacked the tire wall.)
Yeah, I was trying to figure out if I could do it in 3rd or if I needed to step up to 4th. I stepped up to 4th on a pair of tires I hadn't used before and I was expecting them to be super grippy and they were greasy....so I spun around and came probably an inch away from the wall, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
The conventional, or synthetic?

Both are basically valvoline's normal blend with a little added zinc. Not worth the money IMO. I would get some amsoil or schaeffer oil for that beast.

Schaeffer Oil | Supreme 9000 5W-50 Synthetic Racing Engine Oil

Eneos's new Sustina might be worth a try too, but that is most likely harder to get.
I use the Valvoline conventional race oil with added zinc. Its only like $4.50 a quart, so I can't complain about the price at all!

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 09-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #1131
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:

I use the Valvoline conventional race oil with added zinc. Its only like $4.50 a quart, so I can't complain about the price at all!
C'mon now, you know better than to use that conventional garbage!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #1132
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
C'mon now, you know better than to use that conventional garbage!
The local LS shop around here recommended it, and I basically just change it after every other drift event so it isn't super broken down. I was under the impression that conventional oil just breaks down faster then synthetic.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #1133
silver04rsx
Leaky Injector

Thanks for the pm about the wheels. Just wanted you to know your car is just awesome. I dont have a word good enough in my vocabulary that describes how great I think your car is... lol.

Just when you get a chance let me know what size lips you think I should go with. No rush, Im in Iraq, I still have at least 4 months till I will be coming home. I want to work on my car so bad I honestly think I am going crazy, this place blows...

-Briggs
Old 09-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #1134
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
The local LS shop around here recommended it, and I basically just change it after every other drift event so it isn't super broken down. I was under the impression that conventional oil just breaks down faster then synthetic.
I don't want to turn this into a big oil debate or anything, but synthetic offers better protection and power over conventional period. It outperforms it no matter the age or temperature.

Also, a top-quality synthetic like Eneos, Amsoil, or Schaeffers offers the best compromises of cold flow and hot film strength with 0w-50, 5w-40, and 5w-50 weight oils respectively. These are all complete synthetics, using no petroluem base oils and containing the latest shear-stable viscosity index improvers. Eneos even claims to have developed an alternative to zinc with their new line.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #1135
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo
Nice, it definitely is a fun track if you get enough runs. I think a smaller event up there would be more enjoyable, just because I probably would have only gotten another 3-4 runs in just because of how long the lines were and B class was the most crowded.
I got plenty of run time on sunday.. There was probably 30ish of us in class B/C. It was about 10-20 min wait in between laps. class A was running back course most of sunday until about 330. I might go to finishing moves oct 1st. havent decided yet..
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #1136
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't want to turn this into a big oil debate or anything, but synthetic offers better protection and power over conventional period. It outperforms it no matter the age or temperature.

Also, a top-quality synthetic like Eneos, Amsoil, or Schaeffers offers the best compromises of cold flow and hot film strength with 0w-50, 5w-40, and 5w-50 weight oils respectively. These are all complete synthetics, using no petroluem base oils and containing the latest shear-stable viscosity index improvers. Eneos even claims to have developed an alternative to zinc with their new line.
I appreciate the info, I'll definitely take it into consideration.

Quote:
I got plenty of run time on sunday.. There was probably 30ish of us in class B/C. It was about 10-20 min wait in between laps. class A was running back course most of sunday until about 330. I might go to finishing moves oct 1st. havent decided yet..

Cool, yeah there was about a 20-30min wait between runs at ECB, and since we only had one hour run groups that was 2, at max 3 runs per heat. I am used to 0 wait time, or at most a 30 second wait time at my local events with unlimited runs from 9-4, hahaha. I guess you could say my local events spoil other events for me.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 09-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #1137
silver04rsx
Leaky Injector

What Local events do you drift at? I would drive up to VA once or twice a month to get some seat time if I had to.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #1138
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

They are actually in Moyock, NC like 10-15 mins from the VA border.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 09-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #1139
silver04rsx
Leaky Injector

even better. Is it a track or a big open parking lot? If you dont mine pm me any info you have on it.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:35 PM   #1140
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Here is the facebook page for the last event:

Its a legit track, with multiple courses. The short track is 1.1 miles and you can slide the whole thing.

Edit - here's the page for the one coming up next:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134556733309151

Instagram - SJKnoop

Last edited by 95KA-Turbo; 09-17-2011 at 08:42 PM..