Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #1111
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
It's not even remotely close to a regular amplifier. I'm not sure how they get away with saying it's 45 watts RMS x 4. Considering their very own MRV-F300, that's rated at 50 watts RMS x 4, blows it away. If it's a matter of just not having the room for a regular amplifier, then sure, it's better than nothing. However, ARC Audio has some really small amplifiers... especially their new motorcycle amplifier coming out that is rated at 150 watts RMS x 4 and is tiny. ARC Audio is some amazing stuff at a really fair price. I pretty much just use Alpine for their head units and entry level subs. I use ARC Audio for most of my amplifier needs and Hybrid Audio for speakers. As for the Alpine 445A, I'm very disappointed every time I sell one and install it.
Are these the KS mini's?
Old 12-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #1112
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
How do you go about fixing a crack on oem chuki sideskirt?
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #1113
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As an Alpine retailer, what are your thoughts on the CDE-W235BT?

I'm in the market for an inexpensive double DIN unit for my 2012 Fit, I'm a fan of Alpine, I'm just unsure about the aesthetic of a non-touchscreen double DIN. However, if its a quality piece....I may be swayed more easily.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #1114
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Are these the KS mini's?
The KS Mini is their line of small motorcycle amplifiers, but I typically don't use them. The new XDi V2 amplifiers are so small that they will fit in virtually anything... and there are a lot more amplifier offerings in the XDi V2 lineup. However, the brand new Moto series will most likely replace the KS Mini series. Even smaller than the KS Mini and way more powerful. The KS Mini series has been around for several years... so it was time to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
How do you go about fixing a crack on oem chuki sideskirt?
I would use Norton Speedgrip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
As an Alpine retailer, what are your thoughts on the CDE-W235BT?

I'm in the market for an inexpensive double DIN unit for my 2012 Fit, I'm a fan of Alpine, I'm just unsure about the aesthetic of a non-touchscreen double DIN. However, if its a quality piece....I may be swayed more easily.
Great unit! Very simple to use, big buttons... has all of the necessities. PM me if you need a price.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #1115
nissanhatchie

nissanhatchie is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats going on sir! First off, AMAZING machine and legendary work on it!

I was wondering if you would be willing to divulge a bit more information on how you did your rear quarter 25mm roll/pull? I am currently trying to make room for some new wheels on my 1992 Hatch that I have had for 6 years now. I am committed to keeping the quarters stock metal but need the extra room. I had rolled the quarters many years ago with my Eastwood roller and they are still clean/not dented etc. What I am wondering is how did you get the perfect arch/pull without getting all wavy? Did you have to cut or weld anything inside the wheel well? I have literally poured over every post you have made on your blog/nico/ and here trying do find out how you pulled it off lol. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by nissanhatchie; 01-18-2015 at 05:18 PM..
nissanhatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #1116
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Its 2015 and I'd like a status update with my LFA v10 engine project please...!

1LR-GUE or bust!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #1117
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Broadfield, I want to change the brake hardlines on my firewall to AN fittings.

What kind do you think I should use?

Also, I want to do aluminum hard pipes to and from the radiator, how would you tackle that?
Old 01-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #1118
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey so about two years ago I purchased a viper remote start 2 way remote start kit from you worked perfectly always until this past year it sat while undergoing a full motor rebuild and engine bay shave/paint.now that I got it all hooked up and was ready to start it the starter would always have power at all times and wants to start..( the starter keeps clicking) and make sure by using a test light.no matter if the key is off and out of the ignition the starter still has power..I messed with it and pin pointed it to the alarm system..when I remove one of the alarm fuses, everything works like it should.also the alarm now doesn't work also...any suggestions on what's wrong? The remote doesn't communicate with the car also..
Old 01-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #1119
seagrasser
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
seagrasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ever try installing infinite baffle 8's in the rear deck of an S14? Would remove the factory amps and torsion bars and bottom mount. Your thoughts are welcome.

Sub in question is here

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...r-cone-woofer/
Old 01-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #1120
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
How do you remove dynamat?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.

Last edited by hOngsterr; 02-13-2015 at 11:33 AM..
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #1121
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
Still doing custom work? Have not seen you post in a long time. Possibly interested in having a Racepak IQ3 installed into a s14 cluster.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #1122
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
He still does custom work. i just saw a post by him on instagram. His IG user name is: broadfieldcustoms. You might be able to contact him on there.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #1123
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Sorry guys, I have not been on here much lately. I'm not a vendor on here at the moment and I have really been trying to get Broadfield Customs to a level where it makes me enough income that I can quit my day job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Its 2015 and I'd like a status update with my LFA v10 engine project please...!

1LR-GUE or bust!
Dude, I shipped that thing out Priority Mail like ages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
Hey so about two years ago I purchased a viper remote start 2 way remote start kit from you worked perfectly always until this past year it sat while undergoing a full motor rebuild and engine bay shave/paint.now that I got it all hooked up and was ready to start it the starter would always have power at all times and wants to start..( the starter keeps clicking) and make sure by using a test light.no matter if the key is off and out of the ignition the starter still has power..I messed with it and pin pointed it to the alarm system..when I remove one of the alarm fuses, everything works like it should.also the alarm now doesn't work also...any suggestions on what's wrong? The remote doesn't communicate with the car also..
It's not uncommon that if you connect power to the battery, that a Viper remote start will try to start. As long as you have good battery voltage, have someone sit in the car with their foot on the brake when you reconnect the battery. This should keep the remote start from attempting to start. You said you tested it with a test light!?! What did you test exactly? What did it read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagrasser View Post
Ever try installing infinite baffle 8's in the rear deck of an S14? Would remove the factory amps and torsion bars and bottom mount. Your thoughts are welcome.

Sub in question is here

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...r-cone-woofer/
I don't know how much bass you are looking for, but 8's won't do much. On top of that, free-air 8's will be way worse than 8's in an enclosure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
How do you remove dynamat?
Pull it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silnv View Post
Still doing custom work? Have not seen you post in a long time. Possibly interested in having a Racepak IQ3 installed into a s14 cluster.
I'm doing more custom work than ever.... the very reason why haven't had time to post:

http://www.broadfieldcustoms.com/

https://www.facebook.com/BroadfieldCustoms

http://instagram.com/broadfieldcustoms

https://twitter.com/TobyBroadfield

https://broadfield.wordpress.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanhatchie View Post
Whats going on sir! First off, AMAZING machine and legendary work on it!

I was wondering if you would be willing to divulge a bit more information on how you did your rear quarter 25mm roll/pull? I am currently trying to make room for some new wheels on my 1992 Hatch that I have had for 6 years now. I am committed to keeping the quarters stock metal but need the extra room. I had rolled the quarters many years ago with my Eastwood roller and they are still clean/not dented etc. What I am wondering is how did you get the perfect arch/pull without getting all wavy? Did you have to cut or weld anything inside the wheel well? I have literally poured over every post you have made on your blog/nico/ and here trying do find out how you pulled it off lol. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Slightly wavy wheel arches will happen... so will the crease above the wheel arch. I had the proper body work done to make it perfect... then repainted the whole rear half of the car. You can kind of see here before I lowered the car back down, where the outer edge isn't a perfectly smooth radius. I also had the infamous crease that runs vertical above the arch. I'm sure most would of found it acceptable, but I'm too damn picky.

As you can see in the next image, I also had a slight crease/buckle in front of the wheel arch:

Also, that outer edge wasn't razor edge perfect when looking down the side:

This is after body work and paint... 285 tire on a 18x11 wheel.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #1124
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

nice update.

but it doesnt fully come off.

so I've tried everything so im almost done with the rear hatch...

mineral spirits/scotch brite/scrapers lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:02 PM   #1125
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
nice update.

but it doesnt fully come off.

so I've tried everything so im almost done with the rear hatch...

mineral spirits/scotch brite/scrapers lol
Sorry man, I don't know... I install the stuff for a living, not take it off. Have you tried a heat gun?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-15-2015, 02:05 AM   #1126
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Sorry man, I don't know... I install the stuff for a living, not take it off. Have you tried a heat gun?
Yeah, just makes matters worst.
But I meant my answer I found was to use mineral spirits and scrub/scrape away.

Nice updates on your ride btw.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:11 AM   #1127
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
I found the dry ice method works the best on dynamat and similar products. The film backed stuff chips off and the foil backed sticks to the foil then.

Sent from my iFad using Crapatalk
Old 02-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #1128
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I found the dry ice method works the best on dynamat and similar products. The film backed stuff chips off and the foil backed sticks to the foil then.

Sent from my iFad using Crapatalk
With mine, it shattered to tiny pieces and and made a bigger mess as the butyl was warming back up.

So im straight up scraping the car and when it seems thin enough i scrub off with mineral spirits.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #1129
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey broadfield, I think I'm gonna go about refinishing my shifter trim and cluster bezel (s13). Thing is it already has at least 2 layers of paint on it, when I first got the car I painted it silver, then about a year ago I painted it black again, but it was a half assed job and now it looks horrible. When I started sanding the paint just loaded up the sandpaper and I would get irritated, or I would use sandpaper so coarse it would show up in the finished product.

What would you suggest from start to finish? Sandpaper, primer, adhesion promoter, paint ect. I'm trying to get as close back to stock as possible. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #1130
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Do you know where to find a small fuse block with a 45A and another with a 75A fuse? I'm trying to clean up my fuse box relocation and i want to get rid of the factory fusible links and replace the current setup with something a little more compact installed where the air bag used to be.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #1131
zfortune
Leaky Injector

zfortune is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you still sell Viper Alarms?
zfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #1132
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Hey broadfield, I think I'm gonna go about refinishing my shifter trim and cluster bezel (s13). Thing is it already has at least 2 layers of paint on it, when I first got the car I painted it silver, then about a year ago I painted it black again, but it was a half assed job and now it looks horrible. When I started sanding the paint just loaded up the sandpaper and I would get irritated, or I would use sandpaper so coarse it would show up in the finished product.

What would you suggest from start to finish? Sandpaper, primer, adhesion promoter, paint ect. I'm trying to get as close back to stock as possible. Thanks!
Sanding is really going suck... especially on the cluster bezel. If you do happen to use more of a coarse grit, then you need to work your way up to higher grits... no different than any other sort of body work. Heck, when I do plastic bonding on some of my pieces, I start with 24 grit and work my way up to about 120 to spray texture. If I'm doing smooth finish then I work my way up to at least 400.

The easier way would be to strip the paint with aircraft stripper or similar. The issue is, the stronger aircraft stripper will also melt the plastic if left on too long. However, weaker stripper may not get the paint off. So start with the better stuff and try not to let it sit too long.

Sanding old paint off on a piece that has nooks and crannies, recessed switch mounts etc is a total nightmare. Some of my customers that get a cluster want to know if they can simply send me their other already painted interior pieces to color match. They say: "it should be no big deal to just sand the old paint off real quick and apply new, right!?!" I say: "you have no frigging idea how much work that is!" Hell, it would be 5 times cheaper to buy the parts new from Nissan than to pay me hourly to mess with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Do you know where to find a small fuse block with a 45A and another with a 75A fuse? I'm trying to clean up my fuse box relocation and i want to get rid of the factory fusible links and replace the current setup with something a little more compact installed where the air bag used to be.
Are you wanting something fancy like this? You can put whatever size fuses you want into it:

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/pr...&CategoryID=13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfortune View Post
Do you still sell Viper Alarms?
Absolutely!!!!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #1133
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Are you wanting something fancy like this? You can put whatever size fuses you want into it:

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/pr...&CategoryID=13
Maybe something a little more budget friendly, LOL

I'm looking for something that is capable of at least 12VDC @ 100A. The largest fuse of the two is only 75A but i want a holder that is rated a little higher for that safe zone. It doesnt have to be terribly pretty because I'm going to be mounting them to some plexi in place of the S14 airbag; they will be covered by the dash.

Plus it will have to be able to take a smaller wire or ring terminal because those two wires actually arent terribly large.

The rest of the fuses will be going to this since it is only rated for 30A per circuit:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syste...4ZC7Q4MBVAPWZW
Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #1134
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Maybe something a little more budget friendly, LOL

I'm looking for something that is capable of at least 12VDC @ 100A. The largest fuse of the two is only 75A but i want a holder that is rated a little higher for that safe zone. It doesnt have to be terribly pretty because I'm going to be mounting them to some plexi in place of the S14 airbag; they will be covered by the dash.

Plus it will have to be able to take a smaller wire or ring terminal because those two wires actually arent terribly large.

The rest of the fuses will be going to this since it is only rated for 30A per circuit:

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syste...4ZC7Q4MBVAPWZW
If you are needing to handle a 100 amp fuse, then it at least needs to be a Maxi style fuse holder. The Maxi blade fuse is the most common fuse that has a 100 amp option. The 100 amp rating is as high as they go actually. After that you get into the less common mini ANL and standard ANL. I only deal with the fancy stuff. So you will simply need to Google for fuse holders if you want something cheaper.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #1135
zfortune
Leaky Injector

Best way to contact you? Looking to buy the viper alarm stuff in a few weeks.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #1136
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfortune View Post
Best way to contact you? Looking to buy the viper alarm stuff in a few weeks.
Best way would be the contact form on my website:

http://www.broadfieldcustoms.com/contact/

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 02-18-2015, 07:40 PM   #1137
zfortune
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Best way would be the contact form on my website:

http://www.broadfieldcustoms.com/contact/
Alright thanks
Old 02-18-2015, 07:46 PM   #1138
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Sanding is really going suck...
I was afraid I would get that response lol.. Oh well looks like I have something to do While I watch TV on the weekend. Also, what do you use for paint materials? I know finish with that SEM interior trim black stuff but do you spray any kind of primer down before that? Thanks!
Old 02-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #1139
imperfect

Trader Rating: (1)
imperfect is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey Broadfield, in your build thread you had car dollies to move your car to get painted when the subframes are dropped. I'm looking for some similar, where did you purchase them etc? Thank you so much!
imperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #1140
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
I was afraid I would get that response lol.. Oh well looks like I have something to do While I watch TV on the weekend. Also, what do you use for paint materials? I know finish with that SEM interior trim black stuff but do you spray any kind of primer down before that? Thanks!
Sorry paco, I didn't catch your question. I typically do not use any primer unless I'm doing a smooth finish. Even then I sometimes use the texture as a filler, then sand it smooth. The texture is much more durable than primer. It really just depends on what I'm doing, how many tiny imperfections need to be filled before final coat and what mood I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect View Post
Hey Broadfield, in your build thread you had car dollies to move your car to get painted when the subframes are dropped. I'm looking for some similar, where did you purchase them etc? Thank you so much!
I used the ones from my friend's bodyshop. Not sure what brand they were... but they were sick!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds