Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #1141
imperfect

Trader Rating: (1)
imperfect is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I used the ones from my friend's bodyshop. Not sure what brand they were... but they were sick!

I used the ones from[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the response, I've got a welder and some casters I'll get to it then!
imperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2015, 10:53 PM   #1142
FLG
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FLG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Toby you seem to be very good at electronics, have you ever considered retrofitting headlights & tail lights?
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #1143
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
got it. was 6an to 90 something npt

Last edited by OutlawLui; 03-31-2015 at 01:30 PM..
OutlawLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #1144
monks

Trader Rating: (3)
monks is a jewel in the roughmonks is a jewel in the roughmonks is a jewel in the roughmonks is a jewel in the roughmonks is a jewel in the roughmonks is a jewel in the roughmonks is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i have a few trim pieces that broke and i tried using evercoat plastic epoxy on them, when i went to go put them back in the glue didnt hold up to well and broke off again.
i used a good plastic prep cleaner before i applied the epoxy
im just curious if you have any suggestions on how i could reinforce them so they'll hold up better i know its just a band-aid fix

this is the long dash vent that runs across the windshield in a s14
monks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #1145
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Hey sir,

So its nearly impossible, and expensivr as hell to find or buy silvia manual panels.

So ive been considering sealing the gaps left by the auto belt track, any suggestions or tips? maybe youve done something similar? How much if id ask you to take on this task?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #1146
e5s4y
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
e5s4y is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not to threadjack, but do you have a coupe or hatch? I'm assuming coupe, which would be unfortunate because I have a full manual seatbelt conversion (A-pillar, B-Pillars with seatbelts, and headliner with sunroof hole) for a hatch. Those gaps you mentioned really annoyed me, and I didn't like how ghetto the s14 belts with no B-Pillars looked.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #1147
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by e5s4y View Post
Not to threadjack, but do you have a coupe or hatch? I'm assuming coupe, which would be unfortunate because I have a full manual seatbelt conversion (A-pillar, B-Pillars with seatbelts, and headliner with sunroof hole) for a hatch. Those gaps you mentioned really annoyed me, and I didn't like how ghetto the s14 belts with no B-Pillars looked.
Lol yeah coupe sadly...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #1148
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm looking to change my speakers in my truck. What are the best speakers on the market for sound quality, and have you installed JL TW13?
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #1149
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
I'm looking to change my speakers in my truck. What are the best speakers on the market for sound quality, and have you installed JL TW13?
Hybrid Audio Technologies all the way! Let me know if you need pricing. The 13TW5 is a pretty mean shallow mount sub. I can make you a killer deal on a V1. Brand new in the box.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #1150
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
You got amp that can push all that or do i need a mono and 4 channel amp
Old 05-06-2015, 10:09 PM   #1151
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
You got amp that can push all that or do i need a mono and 4 channel amp
I have a couple really nice ARC Audio choices... two different sized 5-channels and a 6-channel option.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #1152
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Never heard of Arc are they better than JL Audio?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #1153
kingJurzy
Zilvia Member

kingJurzy is an unknown quantity at this point
I can vouch for the arc audio amps, top of the line stuff.
kingJurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #1154
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Never heard of Arc are they better than JL Audio?
Yes... take any series of ARC amp and it's far superior to JL's equivalent series. Did I mention that the ARC amplifier would also be cheaper than the JL!?! JL Audio is overpriced, plain and simple. I should know, because I have been a JL Audio dealer for almost 20 years now. The newish XDi V2 amplifiers are simply awesome. It's ARC's entry level amplifier that virtually hangs with JL's highest series.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 05-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #1155
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Toby, this idea is pretty far out, but have you seen an aftermarket touchscreen climate control? In your opinion, is this even logically feasible? Do you think this is something we will see in the future?

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #1156
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Grip View Post
Toby, this idea is pretty far out, but have you seen an aftermarket touchscreen climate control? In your opinion, is this even logically feasible? Do you think this is something we will see in the future?
It could be custom done... but an off-the-shelf universal kit, no.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 06-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #1157
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
I'm planning to run an E85 setup with my RB25. I want to run -8 black hose and black fittings. What would you recommend for me to use? I know I should use a ptfe lined hose but I haven't really seen one that is black. The pro-lite hose is questionable from what I've seen.

I would also like to change oil lines to black hose and fittings as well. It will vary in size from -6 to -10 but should be for engine oil and atf (ps fluid) only. What hose/fittings would you recommend then?
Old 06-24-2015, 10:18 PM   #1158
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubayati View Post
I'm planning to run an E85 setup with my RB25. I want to run -8 black hose and black fittings. What would you recommend for me to use? I know I should use a ptfe lined hose but I haven't really seen one that is black. The pro-lite hose is questionable from what I've seen.

I would also like to change oil lines to black hose and fittings as well. It will vary in size from -6 to -10 but should be for engine oil and atf (ps fluid) only. What hose/fittings would you recommend then?
For PTFE hose, I would recommend XRP's new ProPlus line. You can do either crimp hose ends or conventional reusable hose ends. The crimp hose ends would need to be crimped by XRP.

http://www.xrp.com/wp-content/upload...S-Brochure.pdf

You could also do the HS-79 hose like I have in my car, but with the black CSM outer coating... but it's pretty pricey stuff. XRP released the ProPlus line as an affordable version of the HS-79 line.

Please let me know if you need pricing on anything!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #1159
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Good sir.

I have a 1990 Cosmo that came with the factory CRT touch screen. Naturally, mine just blew out yesterday which is a bummer, but luckily I still have steering wheels controls. Without the working screen though, I can't do some stuff like adjust bass, treble, etc. Nor can adjust what HVAC modes I want, not use GPS.

Do you have recommendations for any modern touchscreen units out there that has HVAC control capabilities? And that can also function as GPS, along with the usual audio control stuff?

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #1160
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I saw in a previous post that your recommended Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro for sound deadening.

From what I can gather from reading online, the sticky mat (Damplifier Pro) is more for keeping panels from vibrating and other issues from having a big sub. And the heavy foam mat (Luxury Liner Pro) is more for keeping out road and engine noise. Is this correct?

I ask because I can only do one or the other. I want to keep outside noise out of the car, I'm not worried about a sub or sound system. So I should go with the foam mat, correct?
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #1161
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Good sir.

I have a 1990 Cosmo that came with the factory CRT touch screen. Naturally, mine just blew out yesterday which is a bummer, but luckily I still have steering wheels controls. Without the working screen though, I can't do some stuff like adjust bass, treble, etc. Nor can adjust what HVAC modes I want, not use GPS.

Do you have recommendations for any modern touchscreen units out there that has HVAC control capabilities? And that can also function as GPS, along with the usual audio control stuff?

Thanks!
Nothing out there is going to have the ability to do HVAC control unless it's a unit made specifically for that vehicle. The only exception to that is if it's a new vehicle with CAN BUS control and you use a CAN BUS module in conjunction with a radio that has the built-in protocol to communicate with said module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow40 View Post
I saw in a previous post that your recommended Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro for sound deadening.

From what I can gather from reading online, the sticky mat (Damplifier Pro) is more for keeping panels from vibrating and other issues from having a big sub. And the heavy foam mat (Luxury Liner Pro) is more for keeping out road and engine noise. Is this correct?

I ask because I can only do one or the other. I want to keep outside noise out of the car, I'm not worried about a sub or sound system. So I should go with the foam mat, correct?
You are correct on all accounts!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-12-2015, 04:18 PM   #1162
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
What are your thoughts on the gauges below?

http://www.shopdrift.co.za/products_...ium_series.php
Old 07-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #1163
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
What are your thoughts on the gauges below?

http://www.shopdrift.co.za/products_...ium_series.php
I have never seen/used them in person... but they look too busy and cheap for my taste. I know that's not a very good review of them, but that's all I got.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #1164
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks. I think they look pretty cool. Apparently a good amount of 300zx's use them in Austrailia.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #1165
Razi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
Razi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hey Broadfield,
So I redid some of my speaker wiring and put sound deadening around my speaker (I only did the adapter panel and like a 3 inch area around it. Do I really need to cover the entire door?), and now I'm getting better sound and more bass (Yay!). Well, the problem is, I'm getting a ridiculous amount of buzzing from around the speaker grille. Did your S13 ever have this issue?

I applied some felt tape where the grille and door panel meet, wrapped some of the door wiring harness in foam and put more sound deadening on the door, but I'm still getting a crap load of buzz/rattle. I'm losing my mind.

Should I put some sound deadening on the door panel, around the speaker grille?
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:24 PM   #1166
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Do you know of any good places to get a pre-purchase inspection done in Bloomington/Normal?

Thanks in advance!
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #1167
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Do you know of any good places to get a pre-purchase inspection done in Bloomington/Normal?

Thanks in advance!
Yep, a real good friend of mine recently opened his own business. Like me, he has been into the import scene for a couple of decades. His name is Doug and you can find the # on the Facebook page. Tell him Toby referred you.

https://www.facebook.com/DTTRLLC?fref=ts

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 10-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #1168
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Yep, a real good friend of mine recently opened his own business. Like me, he has been into the import scene for a couple of decades. His name is Doug and you can find the # on the Facebook page. Tell him Toby referred you.

https://www.facebook.com/DTTRLLC?fref=ts
Perfect, thanks Toby!
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:11 PM   #1169
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
do you know where i can purchase termial pins for nissan 240sx ecus?
Old 11-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #1170
S13stockness

S13stockness is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 93 240sx. It has some cheap aftermarket Sony head unit. I want to put in a double din stereo with removable faceplate. I think a friend of mine had a JVC unit that had the detachable face. Could you recommend a HU for me along with a set of front and rear speakers. Maybe you can do a bundle deal so I can buy it from you
S13stockness is offline   Reply With Quote