Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #91
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For the $ I've always ran Federals in the back and RT615's up front. I've been happy with the RT615's up front, they usually last me a year, but are not the best in the rain. As for drifting with the federals, I've only had a couple pairs that have completely chunked on me and fell apart. My home track, Elko Speedway, is where they chunked out on me. Then again, it is a higher speed track than most others I go to.

This year I will be running Maxxis Drifts all around and am going to try out the Maxxis Victra's for drift. I wanna see which one suits my driving better and plan on running them all year.
khilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #92
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion::S14 View Post
BUT...Star Specs ARE faster...by a good bit.

For GRIP, using AFFORDABLE street tires:

1) Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec
2) Azeni RT615
3) Kumho MX
Wanted to quote my previous reply for truth...the Star Specs continue to impress me.

I use a Racelogic Performance Box to log data and record track times...and it shows average gee's on an off-camber left hander of 1.05.

That's 1.05 lateral gees on street tires - The same day, on the same course...a new Viper ACR on Pilot Sport Cup's pulled 1.08 average on the same stretch of track. C5 Vette with MX's pulled .99 gees on average, same corner.

I hit a peak of almost 1.2 gees on another corner.

Z1 Star Specs are AWESOME street tires.

- Brian
Old 03-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #93
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yah but I think RE01's and RE11's have same grip level but turn in faster.....
Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #94
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Bump...what do you guys think of the Falken ST115s? I know theyve been discontinued and from the lil I've read about them, they are up-par to the RT615s. Do they turn into lard just like the RTs if I toss them in the rear?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:29 AM   #95
Ofc. Dangle

Ofc. Dangle is an unknown quantity at this point
ADVAN Neova AD08 has anyone had any experience with these. They are fairly new to the US but I am torn between getting the ADVAN Neova AD08s and the Potenza RE-11s. Has anyone had any experience with either of these tires. I am looking to use them for drifting and daily driving.
Ofc. Dangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #96
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Id go AD08s if I could afford them...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #97
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
flip - from every review I've read, the ST115 stays grippy until they blow up, and they grip quite decent for drifting.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #98
coreansurfer
Zilvia FREAK!

coreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfectioncoreansurfer is close to perfection
car: s14

wheels specs: 18x9+17 all around

tire specs: falken ziex 912's 245/40/18 all around

love them, quiet, grippy and reasonably priced, would def buy again
coreansurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #99
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
flip - from every review I've read, the ST115 stays grippy until they blow up, and they grip quite decent for drifting.
Well, heres the deal, I found a pair of 265/35 18s to replace the rears on my Equips. Thats the reason why Im asking if they turn into grease butter once they get hot like the RT615s. I figured they used the same rubber compound since RTs are the replacement for the ST115s right? Im looking for something sticky in the rear for grip/touge more than anything else...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #100
tougekid
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
tougekid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I allways like the ST-115. If they still sold them, its what I would use for the rear.
For the front, Hankook rs-2.
Wanted to try the Star Spec but I gotta hook up with the hankooks.
tougekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #101
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i really wana try either nt05 or kumho xs tires
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #102
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have 225/16 Re01's on my 16x8 gaymax's...i love these tires, they grip amazing and if i want to i can whip the back out easy (rather grip though)...i'm just scared of them wearing out being it'd be hard to pay retail for these tires.

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #103
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
ST115 is not comparable with the RT615.

FK452 is a replacement for the FK451 GR-Beta and the ST115.

They're in two different categories. ST115 is more of a rear tire than a front, but I'm running them all around on my R33 GT-R wheels and I love it.

Such a quiet ride.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #104
nvstyles
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
nvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enoughnvstyles will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Direzzas all the way, i ran them on my 15's. Killed one set with my single cam in one event, but lasted me at button willow for the 2nd half. So much control and better response for front and rear.
Does anyone notice they smell sweet when you drift on them?
My next set is Z1 Star Spec for the front.
I got flammed on NICO for saying DZ101s were a great tire.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #105
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvstyles View Post
Direzzas all the way, i ran them on my 15's. Killed one set with my single cam in one event, but lasted me at button willow for the 2nd half. So much control and better response for front and rear.
Does anyone notice they smell sweet when you drift on them?
My next set is Z1 Star Spec for the front.
I got flammed on NICO for saying DZ101s were a great tire.
If you got flamed on NICO you were probably right.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #106
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
If you got flamed on NICO you were probably right.
LOL and ya I can vouch for the ST115 as well. They are nice. Of course this was on a car running a KA. I am not sure how they would be under a lot of HP. I think I am going to get Direzza star specs for the VQ.

Oh and Scott your location should read SF bay area but I do travel. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #107
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Z1 Star Specs are awesome.
I have them on my evo, my old Si, and our family audi a3.
for the price & performance, it's hard to beat.

it's just not what you would buy if you want something comfy.
also has a tendency to attract a lot of nails, but that's probably just my bad luck.

really tempted to replace the kumho mx on my s14 with some Z1's.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:09 AM   #108
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Time to bump this shit...

K, time to replace my Star Specs up front. I'm torn between getting another pair or going NT05s. I got NT05s in the rear right now but I didnt really have the option to go Star Specs since they are 19s. My only gripe on the NT05s so far is that the threads are pretty shallow, dont see them lasting that long. Wet driving, I almost never drive hard in the wet so I'm still not sure how they would be if I run them up front. So what would you do? NT05s or Star Specs for 235/40R18s???

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #109
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Love my Yokohama S.Drives, 5 first place wins in my autocross class. 15,000 miles on them and still got some life left. Super good in the rain. Great DD tire.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #110
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
All these are for drift.

I used Kumho SPT KU31's on the rear only and loved them. Stockish (250-280 HP) 1JZ. Great consistent grip through the LONG treadlife. Allowed me to get on the throttle more and sooner even at 50PSI. They smoked like crazy at that pressure too. Usually expensive but I got a deal on them because they were being discontinued.

Hercules Raptis WR1. These things are shit. Don't use them.

Triangle/Diamondback Talon TR968: These are pretty good for a cheap tire. A bit of understeer if used on the front at 30ish PSI. Good treadwear. All around, an average tire.

Last edited by VIPDRFT; 07-20-2010 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: update
VIPDRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #111
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
look into the nt01 for a grippier tire....the kdw is still best in class in lateral grip. Starspec z1 is close second. re11 doesn't compare....

18's federal 595...rumor has it if you fill it with nitrogen, it won't chunk. I heard that from a san diego driver...think he used to drive a green s14. lol.

n3000 last the longest in my opinion....nankang ns1 chunked like shit on my ka....

i've tried a large amount of cheap tires to drift on.....i've noticed to stay only in the w,y,v rated categories....better heat dissapation.

imo...the more power you have...the less grippy the front tire needs to be....but you have less instant control i guess...if that makes sense.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #112
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

^^^Just be aware that NT01s are R-compound tires...shit only likes it dry. You get a lil rain and forget drifting if its up front.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #113
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
I've got some Maxxis Victra Z1's (not Z1 DRIFT) on the way for the front. I'd like to try RT-615's, maybe K's, after those. I've been using used dealership Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's on the front a while and they've worked great except for wear, not being able to pick size, and runflats are a b1#ch to mount/dismount. LOL
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #114
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
anyone else here run Yoko S drives on the front. Debating btwn those and FK425 for front tires, those seem to be the only ones that come in the size i want.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #115
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
my buddy picked up a set of s drives from citytire(i beleive they were recomened to him) he said they are good all around for the price. im problly going ot try those after i burn up my ties. im running fuzion HRI in the front its not to bad but i really havent "tested them out"

i really liked rt-615 but wet is scarrryyy
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #116
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Didnt Falken come up with new RT-615s thats supposed to not turn to goo when hot and do better in the wet? Anybody got any experience on it?

Personally, fuck the RT-615s, for the price, I think the NT-05s are a better option. For a lil bit more dough...Star Specs are the better all around option.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #117
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
The new Falken RT-615K are suppose to be more grippy and less greasy when hot.

NT-05 are bad tires.

For those doing time attacks and road courses you should try out the Hankook RS3, pretty awesome tires.

For those wanting a comfortable ride and nice tire overall you should go with Hankook V12 Evo.

For those who are spirited drivers wanting a nice summer tire the Yokohama S. Drives are a great choice.

Bad news.......

Dunlop Z1 Star Specs are getting discontinued and a new tire is suppose to come out. So they are getting really hard to find now. If you can get a pair, do it. Don't sleep on it.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:16 PM   #118
Katsumbhong
Zilvia Junkie

Katsumbhong is making a name for him/her selfKatsumbhong is making a name for him/her selfKatsumbhong is making a name for him/her self
Any recommendations sliding on stock KA power?
Katsumbhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #119
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

^Cheap and/or used tires with 50PSI.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #120
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
If you are a beginner and still learning.

I believe the best bang for the buck is the Nexen N3000. Grip is really non-existent/moderate and lasts all fucking day.

The next step up after you get used to drifting and want some moderate grip in order to pin point your skills you can move up to Federal 595

Then when you are serious and have the hp now then move onto RSR, Z1 Drifts, Neovas, RE11, or whatever else that's awesome for grip.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote