Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #91
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
staygold, Zenkikid - I agree.

ps - gotta add Chuck D and Rakim to my list of MCs
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2007, 04:37 AM   #92
arian23
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
arian23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jay Z is mainstream good. Some People are to dumb to listen to the real good shit cuz its not played on the radio like RZA and Wu tang. They are the shit. I actually smoked a blunt with Raekon at a club. Wu tang is real and they are all OG's. Guru is sick and so is Nas. Pac another top choice. All the radio shit is weak cuz they all rap about the same bullshit on another catchy beat (cars,drugs,getting drunk,bling,bitches) its like cool tell me something new.
arian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:47 AM   #93
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra
^ no doubt!
Almost as fresh as Chunky A

lol, Arsenio Hall.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #94
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just went and bought the Ghost Face. It's Ok. I don't like that all Wu stuff has been all but abandoned. Not sure if something happened with all that or what. Kanye has a cold line on the last song, "She ordered the Kobe Beef like Shaquil O'Neal."

I also pickd up the first ODB album. Damn, I forgot how good that shit was. So unorthadox, and such genuis. He's by far the most unique MC that ever had a somewhat mainstream career.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 AM   #95
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
yeah, i'll quote my good friend on that one.

"He made it cool to act stupid"
lol
Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #96
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
I usually lose interest in an artist once they get too big of a head and stop caring about the quality of their music......but I would have to say that most of the music I listen to many of you would consider to be mainstream....I'm not too into the heavy underground stuff unless I happen to hear it and really like it. What bothers me is that a lot of people will call some rappers or groups sellouts just because they become famous....I don't totally agree with that. I don't understand those people who think that the only "true hiphop" is the underground. Don't get me wrong, I hate this bubble gum Chingy type studio thug rap as much as the next guy.

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #97
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Forgot to add three 6 mafia to my list even though they are a group. I dont care what anybody says about them. They have been around a while an still make so many sick ass beats... them and wu are prolly my favorite groups.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #98
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy
I usually lose interest in an artist once they get too big of a head and stop caring about the quality of their music......but I would have to say that most of the music I listen to many of you would consider to be mainstream....I'm not too into the heavy underground stuff unless I happen to hear it and really like it. What bothers me is that a lot of people will call some rappers or groups sellouts just because they become famous....I don't totally agree with that. I don't understand those people who think that the only "true hiphop" is the underground. Don't get me wrong, I hate this bubble gum Chingy type studio thug rap as much as the next guy.
+1 msglength
Old 01-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #99
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
lol.. for selling happenend when a lot of artists traded in their DJ for R&B singers to do their hooks.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #100
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Just 'cause its underground dosen't mean its good. Lot of is crap too. And if you're good, your bound to get your fame somewhere down the line.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #101
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I really like (don't necessarily think they're top 10 MCs or groups, just who I like to listen to on a daily basis):

Talib Kweli
One.Be.Lo
A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul
Common
Little Brother
Nas
Mos Def
Masta Ace
Murs
Outkast
MF Doom

I also listen to The Roots, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Kool Keith, Wu and all the affiliates, Cunninlynguists, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Slum Village, etc etc. And a lot of goofy little Chicago and Atlanta acts that'll probably never make it big. I do love all the stuff in this thread about "mainstream/radio rap being LAME" and "underground rap sucks." People get so caught up in the labels on things and trying to be cool. Just listen to what you like! There's garbage and jewels in both mainstream and underground arenas. When you try to come as "more underground" than the next guy, you just end up looking like a douchebag and maybe turning off a potential fan, thereby hurting the artists.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #102
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr
Just 'cause its underground dosen't mean its good. Lot of is crap too. And if you're good, your bound to get your fame somewhere down the line.
Quoted for truth.

Fact remains that some people are so self-righteous that they claim how great substandard shit is, simply because none of their friends have heard of it. Usually, these songs are shittily rhymed to a cheap sounding keyboard beat. Just because someone is "underground," if anyone actively shopping their music to be consumed by the public (yes, even if only on MySpace) can honestly refer to themselves as underground.
PEOPLE, JUST BECAUSE IT IS UNDERGROUND DOES NOT MAGICALLY INCREASE THE QUALITY!

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:13 PM   #103
Gilboyto
Zilvia Member

Gilboyto is making a name for him/her selfGilboyto is making a name for him/her self
Aww come on!!!11! Noone here likes Young Jeezy? His new CD isnt that great, but Thug Motivation 101 is amazing. Great beats, and lyrics that seem to sound more true than some other rappers out there.
Gilboyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #104
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
im not much into rap. used to listen to it a little. i couldnt even name 10 i really like.

- Q-tip. i <3 the tribe, and always have.
- guru. i like how everything he says, it sounds like he means it.
- de la soul. not 1 person singleded out.
- pharcyde. shit always cracks me up. i know its the entire group again.

EDIT. somehow forgot wyclef. oops.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:39 PM   #105
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilboyto
Aww come on!!!11! Noone here likes Young Jeezy? His new CD isnt that great, but Thug Motivation 101 is amazing. Great beats, and lyrics that seem to sound more true than some other rappers out there.
Jeezy's beats are that next shit.

... his lyrics, on the other hand, are BULLSHIT. He talks the same shit on every song, that we have all heard before, supplemented with a buncha fucking adlibs. I know how to listen and notice that the fact that someone yells "YYYEEEEEEAAAAHHHHH" at the end of a bar does NOT make the fact that he said nothing new any more entertaining.

And I write too!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:52 PM   #106
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
In the words of DMX, "...Young Cheezy. Heh"
Old 01-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #107
Gilboyto
Zilvia Member

Gilboyto is making a name for him/her selfGilboyto is making a name for him/her self
Its your man DMX...woof woof

:-P
Gilboyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #108
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
1-jedi mind tricks
2-immortal Technique
3-non phixion-la coka nostra
4-nas
5-gang starr
6-kool g rap
7-(old) loyd banks
8-papoose
9-biggie
10-necro
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #109
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
1 NAS
2 2Pac (Strickly and 2Pacalipse are orgazmic)
3 Biggie
4 ICE CUBE
5 All of WU TANG
6 Jay Z
7 Eminem
8 Busta (mainly old, but he can still spit)
9 Luda
10 Heiro Crew ( Del included)
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #110
slideways14
Zilvia Junkie

slideways14 is making a name for him/her selfslideways14 is making a name for him/her selfslideways14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to slideways14
immortal technique -def has some lyrical ability,
afu-ra -is a classic who i am suprised isnt listed more
jedi mind -because jus allah and vinnie paz are crazy
tommy tee- original b-boy
biggie-o.g
nas-queens o.g
big pun-sick nasty
talib kweli,mos def,BLACKSTAR
the kreators- boston roots
the game- hes real

lil wayne doesnt write his own lyrics!!!! he gets them from philly
slideways14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #111
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
No beastie boy love?

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #112
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways
No beastie boy love?
As pioneers, to the historians among us, but not as genre-bending lyricists.
My opinion, as most should understand.

And I write too!
Old 01-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #113
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
As pioneers, to the historians among us, but not as genre-bending lyricists.
My opinion, as most should understand.
Yes, pioneers, but not top MC's.

Mixmaster Mike & the three of them cause mad wreck though.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #114
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
They caused a movement.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #115
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
Quote:
Jeezy's beats are that next shit.... his lyrics, on the other hand, are BULLSHIT.
I couldn't agree more...though I do kinda like his first album just for the beats

Quote:
Fact remains that some people are so self-righteous that they claim how great substandard shit is, simply because none of their friends have heard of it.
You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to sit through some garbage local bullshit rapper here in Milwaukee because these idiots think this rapper is hot....most of the time it's because they know them or have met them.

Quote:
lil wayne doesnt write his own lyrics!!!! he gets them from philly
you know this how???

Quote:
the game- hes real
you gotta be kidding me....just because he has a tattoo on his face?? I'm sick of hearing about the prince to the aftermath throne.....get of Dre's dick. He has some lyrical ability, but he totally missed the big time for west coast artists. Most of that west coast shit fell off when we got tired of listening to people talk about gang banging....then the mainstream rap world moved on to diamonds, exspensive champange, and excess ballin out of control.....we brought it on ourselves....sorta

Phlip....I wanna thank you for convincing me to go buy Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor. I don't think I heard a more moving, pure lyrical piece of art in a long time. Do you happen to have any of his stuff before he was signed?
***you didn't directly influence me, I just starting to listening to some of the stuff people have been posting and so far that's the best thing I found out of most of it...

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
Old 01-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #116
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
*that other stuff you said*

Phlip....I wanna thank you for convincing me to go buy Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor. I don't think I heard a more moving, pure lyrical piece of art in a long time. Do you happen to have any of his stuff before he was signed?
***you didn't directly influence me, I just starting to listening to some of the stuff people have been posting and so far that's the best thing I found out of most of it...
Yes, I do, AIM me when you get a chance.

And I write too!
Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #117
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Quote:
He is not a rapper. Even he says so himself.

He says he's like a motivational speaker, a street motivator of sorts. He is not a lyricist whatsoever imo.

Quote:
you gotta be kidding me....just because he has a tattoo on his face?? I'm sick of hearing about the prince to the aftermath throne.....get of Dre's dick. He has some lyrical ability, but he totally missed the big time for west coast artists.
The Game is the SHIT.

I don't consider him to be a dope MC, but he is a sick ass rapper.

Swagger, delivery, presence, etc.

I'm west coast biased of course, but he is a big deal for the west coast.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #118
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I don't consider him to be a dope MC, but he is a sick ass rapper.

Swagger, delivery, presence, etc.

I'm west coast biased of course, but he is a big deal for the west coast.
I guess I can give you that...but it terms of being near the top of the game, I think not. I think he is a good rapper with above average skills, but he trys so hard to be hard that he ends up looking silly sometimes. I guess I'm just moving past the hardcore gansta stuff now, it's kind of annoying to me. FUCK!!!! I AM GETTING OLD!!!

Quote:
Old 01-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #119
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
I guess I can give you that...but it terms of being near the top of the game, I think not. I think he is a good rapper with above average skills, but he trys so hard to be hard that he ends up looking silly sometimes. I guess I'm just moving past the hardcore gansta stuff now, it's kind of annoying to me. FUCK!!!! I AM GETTING OLD!!!
Yeah, I definitely agree with that side.

But unfortunately I think maybe they put something in the water out here that makes me unable to hate on The Game.

I'd say that also there is probably a big marketing budget that will see that he does not fail.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM   #120
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
First off, fuck the Game and the horse he rode in on. I have no West Coast love for his punk ass, and no respect for him in any connotation of the word. The publicity machine made him out to be all that and he just falls flat. I'd rather listen to Lil' Bow Wow.

Second, Deltron Zero aka Del tha Funky Homosapien from the Hieroglyphics is badass and underappreciated. Yeah, sometimes his voice is a bit grating but his lyrical skills are incredible. His solo efforts fell flat on their face because of the voice combined with sub-pop (read: lacking the monetary connection to get the popular producers) beats. "Deltron 3030," his work with the Gorillaz and his appearance on "So, How's Your Girl?" prove that with a fantastic producer (Dan the Automator, one of the best in the game) he can be popular.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote