Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #91
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
This is a dope build. never been a huge fan of the wagons for more than DD. But its looking pretty good with that spook on there right now.

Mercedes fog light? I always liked the yellow BMW lights for it too. (?)

I am most interested to see how you handle the rear flares. Us 510 guys know thats always been the problem with the wagons and 4 doors. It would be great if you figured out a way around it.

i think the old school rims will look way better. all these SR20 510's pushing 17 &18 are rediculous. Libre's?? And if you slam it, 15's are plenty big for a dime. but your brother probably knows that.

How long till you turbo?? I just want to see how you cram it all in there? I sold my last 2 door dime years ago, but know in the future i will be purchasing another. And the SR takes alot more fabrication than the KA does. But a Turbo KA would be nice.

Are you going to have those struts sleeved so you can run coil overs?? Cause you might slam the pumpkin on the ground taking off with that much power if that rear ends not stiff!!! lol

excellent build!!!!!

and you can go with the BRE design. I think it looks good! dont worry about the 510 crouds opinion. there a bunch of angry and judgmental old men.
my homies project. I helped drop the engine in, do the suspention and some other stuff. Its getting its rollcage right now. Its for Time Attack.

Thanks for the props!! That Datto's ill, man! Yeah, 15's are probably what I'm settling on, but I dunno about Libres... They're rad, but I dunno how much I really want them. As for the 280zx struts, when I cut the spring hats off to make them work for the 510, I left a lip on them. Right now I've got some Ground Control sleeves nestled on the struts for adjustability. Stiffening the rear is what's going to have to happen as soon as I get the car rolling. I'll send out the leafsprings to be debowed and stiffened so I'll be lower and stronger (2 girls, 1 cu--I mean 2 birds 1 stone!).

I'm actually kind of excited to start flaring the rear. It's gonna take a LOT of work, which is a little scary, but I'm way stoked.. As for the lights, I dunno which one I'll go with. Hoping to hit up Pick-N-Pull this weekend and grab some shtuff, so I'll see what's available. The other alternative is to go HID crazy on it!

KA-T will be a ways off. I just started school, and don't have a job, so I'm gonna start saving and piecing everything together. Honestly, though, with a small FMIC, top-mount manifold, and some finagling, it should all fit in there just perfectly!

Now I need a new driveshaft so I can shorten it

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #92
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
I come on here everyday just to see if you've done anything new lol. This is sooooo tight. When she's done you better get a video camera. I know I'm not the only one who will want to see it either. Keep it going!!!
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #93
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUGE180 View Post
I come on here everyday just to see if you've done anything new lol. This is sooooo tight. When she's done you better get a video camera. I know I'm not the only one who will want to see it either. Keep it going!!!
I'll make sure to do so! No promises on quality, I'm sure you'll hardly be able to see the car through the smoke, haha! I'm super excited... I'm starting to see a light at the end of this tunnel!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #94
GooseXRS
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
GooseXRS is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im going to be restoring a 1979 AMC AMX for my dad in the near future. Its his first new car he bought and he still has it. Its just chillin in the garage. Just needs a little tlc and and rb or vq. But as far as Project Breadbox. I think Its awesome+1. But I was thinking with the rear flares why not cut the flares instead of the door. Like go go daijiro.lol
Just a thought.
Good Luck
Take Care
GooseXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #95
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseXRS View Post
Im going to be restoring a 1979 AMC AMX for my dad in the near future. Its his first new car he bought and he still has it. Its just chillin in the garage. Just needs a little tlc and and rb or vq. But as far as Project Breadbox. I think Its awesome+1. But I was thinking with the rear flares why not cut the flares instead of the door. Like go go daijiro.lol
Just a thought.
Good Luck
Take Care
thanks for the props and gl with your project, but about the rear flares... I hate the look of cut flares! If i can find an easy way to mount them whilst still looking good, ill do it. I might pick up sum cheapo rivet on flares to experiment with. Well see

Old 01-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #96
fbiphil
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
fbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Cutting the flare is probably a lot easier than what we're going to try. Shaving the rear doors would be an easier way, too. But those have both been done, and I've never seen anyone go at it this way...
I don't think it will be impossible, since we have a lot of metalworking tools (and the tools that use them!) at our disposal.
The point of running the flares out back will be to clear wide wheels, which would be somewhat negated by "cheating" on the flare job- granted, with the smaller sizes Sean's looking at it probably isn't a big deal, but any job that's worth doing is worth doing RIGHT!

I want to thank everyone for the kind words- I know this isn't the highest-budget build, but we're really proud of how clean this thing's turning out! Your support has both of us motivated to get it rolling that much more.

-Phil
fbiphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #97
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
No prob Phil. This build is rad!!!!
I am really most interested in the flare dilema too. Cause I hate shaved doors. And cut flares is pretty lame too. it will be interesting to see how you attack it.

If your planning on cutting the doors higher, I think you might have to make some adjustments on the rear windows roll down hieght. its gonna end up being a child safety window for sure.
But as long as you dont cut the door wells at all, I wouldn't see any structure/rigitity effected by it. In some ways, it almost seems like a simple thing.
But I will wait to see how you do before saying that lol

good luck guys, keep updating as it happens!!
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #98
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
oh my fukking god that is so awesome! A datsun 510... WAGON!!! AHHH! THATS CRAZY! Like a Lambourghini SUV... almost as crazy that is.

+1, but i'd gladly give you +100 if i could.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #99
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPanda View Post
oh my fukking god that is so awesome! A datsun 510... WAGON!!! AHHH! THATS CRAZY! Like a Lambourghini SUV... almost as crazy that is.

+1, but i'd gladly give you +100 if i could.
I can't believe I just got my car compared to a "Lambo SUV!" I don't know if that's a compliment or a diss, but I'm smiling anyway. Window height might be an issue, but they aren't very tall, and we wouldn't be cutting the door too much higher; probably not high enough to affect window clearance, anyway. In fact, I don't think where we'd be cutting would even close in on the window channels, but I'd have to look at it in person to make sure.

Tomorrow is Pick-N-Pull day, and my shopping list includes a 240sx throttle cable, a 280z gas pedal for ease of cable installation, maybe a center console?, and maybe a radiator. Plus there's always more goodies to be had, we'll see what we can dig up!

Old 01-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #100
fbiphil
Zilvia Member

fbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud of
The rear doors have a quarter window on the backside, so I don't think we'll run into any window regulator issues in cutting the door a bit.
If we do, we'll just end up with "safety" windows, where they don't roll down all the way- we'll just tout it as an extra modern safety upgrade!!

Not to burst your bubble, Sean, but your Wagon isn't nearly as cool as an LM002- those things are HARDCORE!!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #101
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
Very nice project, like so many others I wish I could find a clean Dime to work on!

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #102
MPD47

MPD47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just read through your whole thread. Great looking project. I used to share a 510 with an L24 AutoX'ing every now and then. Building my S30 240z with a KA-T right now Love your wheels that are currently on it, what are they? Very old school, hot!

I may be out in your area this summer with it. If so we should meet up.
MPD47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #103
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbiphil View Post
The rear doors have a quarter window on the backside, so I don't think we'll run into any window regulator issues in cutting the door a bit.
If we do, we'll just end up with "safety" windows, where they don't roll down all the way- we'll just tout it as an extra modern safety upgrade!!

Not to burst your bubble, Sean, but your Wagon isn't nearly as cool as an LM002- those things are HARDCORE!!
Hah... Haha, okay. The LM002 is nice, sure, it's a Lamborghini-powered, offroad monster. But what's the sense in roasting tires you'll never be able to replace?

Anyway, child-safe windows ftw! Remember, kids: always keep your arms and limbs inside the car at all times!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #104
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD47 View Post
Just read through your whole thread. Great looking project. I used to share a 510 with an L24 AutoX'ing every now and then. Building my S30 240z with a KA-T right now Love your wheels that are currently on it, what are they? Very old school, hot!

I may be out in your area this summer with it. If so we should meet up.

Meet up? Stalker... Haha, I kid. My wheels are 280zx "Special Edition" or "Anniversary Edition" wheels, also dubbed "Snowflakes." They're awesome, I love them. Keep your eyes open, mine may be for sale soon!

Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #105
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

So I really didn't get much done this weekend (Sorry, viewers!), but I set myself up for some progress, I guess. Yesterday, I went to the local junk yard with my shopping-list-of-fun. Thankfully, Phil knows some people who, in turn, know me and my ex-place of business, and I got in for free (Goooo me!).

Phil needed a new trunk lid for the next S13 in his line-up, so I snagged a perfect lid from a 240 that had just come in. Once the deed was done, I cruised through the Nissans to find a throttle cable from yet ANOTHER 240sx, and a gas pedal from a Datsun 300zx. I wanted to sneak out with a set of yellow Mercedes driving lights, but to no avail. A trip to the register got me out the door for only $6.06 (I love being brothers with people who know people!).

The rest of my weekend was devoted to working on a Limo. The Towncar had a blown headgasket on one side, and super-low compression on the other, so the motor had to be replaced before people could go out in VIP style.

Lucky for me, though, tomorrow's a school holiday, so I'm gonna actually get some stuff done! I might recruit my younger brother to lend a hand again. The main thing I'm going to do is measure for the correct size wheel to use (Oh happy day!). My brother heard tell that his buddy not only has some Enkei's that would be sick, but can also import some 15x10 Volk TE37's, which would be effin' gangster, IMO.

I'll keep you guys posted on what's new and any progress or ideas going on.

Last edited by WagDatto; 01-21-2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old 01-21-2008, 06:50 AM   #106
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eds13
looks like a cool project man, i didnt even know they made a 510 wagon. lol
Old 01-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #107
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
I love the KA powered wagon. Props to you sir! Can't wait to see a finished product!!!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #108
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
15X10 TE37's would be fantastic!

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #109
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJButton View Post
15X10 TE37's would be fantastic!
new school wheels + old school car = MY EYES THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING
Old 01-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #110
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WagDatto View Post
My brother heard tell that his buddy not only has some Enkei's that would be sick, but can also import some 15x10 Work TE37's, which would be effin' gangster, IMO.

TE37 would be pretty gangster in 15x10....
If you can't get those I know there are sport max 002's being sold by one of the vendors here. Definitely not as gangster or close to it but there cheap, reliable and come in 15X8 and 16X7 and 16X8 all have a 0mm offset. Seen them on some of the s13's and they look nice.
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #111
fbiphil
Zilvia Member

We talked about SportMaxs and Konigs, but I think Sean's willing to spend a bit more to "keep it real" when it comes to the wheels!
I have some Hayashi 15x8s, but I don't think they'll fill the flares enough without some big spacers. I think he's set on 9s or 10s, if we can find something...
I've got some calls in to special friends, so we'll see what we can come up with.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #112
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

A little extra Bank for a little extra Bling.

0.I did some measuring today, and came up with several conclusions: With the flares that I have, I'd be able to run a 15x10 with a -25 offset front and rear. After changing my underwear, I talked with Phil and he suggested I go with +0 to not only open up my choices a bit, but to help with steering response up front. I may go staggered (maybe 15x9 +0 up front and 10's in back), and just space the front a touch, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I still have a bit of time to find out exactly what I'm going to go with, and I definitely don't have the money quite yet.

On another note, I gave my measurements over to the guy who's going to make my fuel cell, so I'll have to find out when he thinks he can have it done by, and how much it's gonna be. I also mounted my throttle cable and new gas pedal, but I'm probably going to either have to rethink how I mounted the pedal, or find a new one. It works, but doesn't fit in there quite right. I'll figure it out in this coming week and take some pictures.

I also measured the transmission tunnel front and back, and where the shifter sticks out, and took a quick run back to Pick-N-Pull to try to find a center console/armrest/cupholders. On an impulse, the first car I checked was a '96 Kia Sephia. Wouldn't you know that a 1996 Kia Sephia 5 speed center console measures out to EXACTLY what would fit over a 1972 Datsun 510's transmission tunnel? If I didn't think I'd get hooked up at the register, I probably would have skimped out of buying it, but luckily for me, I knew the guy behind the counter. Typing in a 17" center console prompts the register to want $29, at which my buddy replied "That console looks like a bag of screws and bolts, what was I thinking?" and charges me $3.25. I giggled all the way out to my car...

That's it for tonight, I'll take pictures of my fancy shmancy new armrest and post them later!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #113
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
nice score on the console. dont tell the hardcore 510 guys its out of a KIA though, lol

If you run staggered, that might effect your handling a bit. especially with a LSD. the car will want to understeer a little from the KA weight. So I wouldn't run staggered, or it might push.
But then again, my biggest swap was a L2.2 into a couple with 15x8 slotted mags all around
And if it really is a Daily Driver, it probably wont matter.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #114
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
nice score on the console. dont tell the hardcore 510 guys its out of a KIA though, lol

If you run staggered, that might effect your handling a bit. especially with a LSD. the car will want to understeer a little from the KA weight. So I wouldn't run staggered, or it might push.
But then again, my biggest swap was a L2.2 into a couple with 15x8 slotted mags all around
And if it really is a Daily Driver, it probably wont matter.
It's not so much a "LSD" as it is a "SD," haha. We welded the diff. If the KA is too powerful and I break the rear end, I'll invest in either an AE86 rear end or a shortened Ford 8" or 9".

Plus, to help with understeer from running a small stagger, I'll just go KA-T and oversteer the shit out of it! But seriously, to avoid worrying about different sizes or offsets, I'll probably just stick with 15x10 and a +0 all around and space accordingly.

Haha, as far as the console goes, I was looking through the Mitsubishi/Kia aisles only because one of the members over at the510realm used a Mitsubishi Evo console and it worked. It could be from a Geo Metro or a Festiva for all I care, so long as it fits!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #115
lost_generation
Leaky Injector

lost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nicelost_generation is just really nice
um, those wheels are work meisters in the picture, volk te37's look totally different, and DO NOT come in 15x10, 15x8 is the widest with a +25ish offset... they would be sick on that car, but so would work equips
lost_generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #116
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_generation View Post
um, those wheels are work meisters in the picture, volk te37's look totally different, and DO NOT come in 15x10, 15x8 is the widest with a +25ish offset... they would be sick on that car, but so would work equips
I know they aren't the Volk's, I was trying to use the Meisters as kind of a basis that a small wheel with a low offset looks like. As for the 15x10, Phil talked to his buddy that said he could have 15x10 TE37s imported, so I don't know if it was a miscommunication or if you really can get them. But yeah, I did the math and figured that a 10" wide wheel could go as low as -25 offset and still fit under the flares. But again, I'll run +0 offset and space accordingly, just to open up my options.

I really am stumped whether Equip 01's or TE37's would be better, but I have some time to think, cuz I'm a broke mutha.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #117
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Quote:
But yeah, I did the math and figured that a 10" wide wheel could go as low as -25 offset and still fit under the flares. But again, I'll run +0 offset and space accordingly, just to open up my options.

The wheel well depth is worse than the s13 240's. On my sport max 926 "no stagger" all in 17X9 I need to use a 10mm spacer for the front, the sport MAX come stock in -45mm offset reducing the front to -35mm offset.
Now my friend and I that have gone through some of the 510 coupes we had a hard enough time trying to mount 15X8 with a 15mm offset in the front, and the more you drop the suspension on the 510, the easier it is for it to rub the wells .
If you do try to install the 15X10 you may run into over steer problems and it may need to be set at 0mm offset. Do you plan on upgrading to a hydraulic power steering unit or are you going to use the original unit? It will be a serious pain in the ass, to steer 15X10's if you can fit them, with out using a power steering pinion and rack system.
BigVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #118
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I really am stumped whether Equip 01's or TE37's would be better, but I have some time to think, cuz I'm a broke mutha.
on the 510 i gotta go with the Equips... If you have a buddy that can import stuff, why don't you see what you can get in the cherry blossom realm? Now THAT would be pimp.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #119
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I'm telling you man, American Racing Silverstones, 15x10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreakDrifter View Post
what model wheels are these, the owners says they are american racing 15x10, zero offset but doesn't mention model or anything else. this was oringinally posted of club4ag.net, back in april '07
i've been going through many of the pages on that site to try and find if he responds but the outcome looks bleek

thanks in advance
Old 01-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #120
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie View Post
The wheel well depth is worse than the s13 240's. On my sport max 926 "no stagger" all in 17X9 I need to use a 10mm spacer for the front, the sport MAX come stock in -45mm offset reducing the front to -35mm offset.
Now my friend and I that have gone through some of the 510 coupes we had a hard enough time trying to mount 15X8 with a 15mm offset in the front, and the more you drop the suspension on the 510, the easier it is for it to rub the wells .
If you do try to install the 15X10 you may run into over steer problems and it may need to be set at 0mm offset. Do you plan on upgrading to a hydraulic power steering unit or are you going to use the original unit? It will be a serious pain in the ass, to steer 15X10's if you can fit them, with out using a power steering pinion and rack system.
I'm running flares at all four corners, so fitting a 15x10 won't be hard. I agree with the steering, though. It's gonna be a pain in the ass regardless, but I'm a fairly large guy... I'll muscle it around! The faster I go, too, the less I'll feel the steering! I'll just have to camber the shit out of the front so I can turn the wheel easier, right?

I'm not going to bother with the hassle of upgrading the stock steering box. It's not a very heavy car and even with 15x10's I really don't see it being too much of an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
on the 510 i gotta go with the Equips... If you have a buddy that can import stuff, why don't you see what you can get in the cherry blossom realm? Now THAT would be pimp.

Cherry Blossoms, eh? The Hayashi Sakura's are super sick, but SUPER pricey! Thinking about it, too, Work Meister's would be pretty snazzy. They come in a 15x10 with offsets from +100 to -28. Don't tell me you dont like this:

Anyway, like I said, plenty of time to figure it all out. Funny update: I was working a little in the garage today, and some guy stopped in the middle of the road and asked if it was for sale. I had to laugh and tell him no... I haven't driven it since I took the motor out. Poor guy looked crushed. Ah well, made me happy that the Goon is getting some love!