Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #91
all show no go
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
all show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant futureall show no go has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14SRguy View Post
"all the way or nothing at all" mentality, but I still think cheap alternatives don't make someone a peasant
But we're only talking about paint here. It's not anything crazy or special, that's what's mind blowing. These "alternatives" are eventually a waste of effort, where the time & money could have just been saved toward paint. Just good old fashioned, non-peeling, shiny in the sun, paint.

I don't care what OP does, I just can't believe paint could be looked at as something "All the way", nowadays.
all show no go is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #92
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm not asking the OP to spend seven grand on a paint job. Shit, I'm not even asking him to spend six-hundred on a paint job.

In my opinion the OP is bored with is car and he wants to mod it.

Mix that with a budget of twenty dollars, and that is a dangerous combo.

Like I said, judging from the pictures his car doesn't look as if it needs paint.

Driving a car is a privilege. Modifying a car is a luxury. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone and saying, 'Make your car different or I'll shoot!'.

I rather see a clean stock car with little or no mods, than a shitty car with every part Megan Racing makes.

Not to mention, the beauty about body work and paint is how the materials are relatively cheap. While the outcome is largely up to the time put in by the individual.

A car can be rattlecanned and come out decent.

Just takes time and sandpaper. Try before giving up and resorting to plasti-dick.
!Zar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #93
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Ignorance*
Boom, Zar wins.

I don't care if people put it over their stock paint to protect it from track damage and rock chips. But using it as a paint coating is not correct and it will look tacky. What's the next dumb trend? 3M painters taping your whole car?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #94
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
When will nice cars become a trend?
Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #95
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
When will nice cars become a trend?
Ditto.
Msglength
Old 04-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #96
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
BTW.
When luxury cars do it: to protect paint
When shitbox 240 does it: to cover up shitty paint.

Big difference.
Stop defending retard 240 bandwagoners.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #97
!Zar!
Post Whore!

To protect the paint? Most cars now come with clear film to protect the high debris hitting areas.

And anyone tracking their car masks off the areas to protect their paint, but the immediately remove it after the event is over.

Permanent leaving their nice paint covered with that shitty rubber spray is like having an ugly girlfriend with a pretty heart.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #98
Petitt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Petitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Permanent leaving their nice paint covered with that shitty rubber spray is like having an ugly girlfriend with a pretty heart.
This. Whats the point of protecting paint if it means your car looks shitty 24/7?
Petitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #99
babowc
Post Whore!

Quote:
To protect the paint? Most cars now come with clear film to protect the high debris hitting areas.

And anyone tracking their car masks off the areas to protect their paint, but the immediately remove it after the event is over.

From what I know, plasti shit is not permanent.
Spray on, then peel off. Similar to the vinyl wrap wagon that already passed by
Old 04-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #100
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by babowc View Post
From what I know, plasti shit is not permanent.
Spray on, then peel off. Similar to the vinyl wrap wagon that already passed by
Everyone that says they've used it says it's not as simple as "peeling it off" it's a pain in the ass.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #101
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
only a retard would think it's a pain in the ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7xvBSqhOE
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #102
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post

Best case scenario on new paint and it does not look like it has seen much road time. Try that on a peeling dip job on a car with crappy paint underneath. Its not that easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #103
MrSanchez925
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
MrSanchez925 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

What you don't seem to understand is that they, aren't just using 3 cans of plasti dip.

They are putting on heavy coats of that stuff. which is why it makes it easy to peel off.

But at the same time, the cost of that much plasti dip, ends up being the same price for a quick maaco spray. which will still look better. lol.
MrSanchez925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #104
babowc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Everyone that says they've used it says it's not as simple as "peeling it off" it's a pain in the ass.
I'm not disagreeing with the views of plastishit, but there are circumstances for each use.

Don't be so zealous!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #105
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

But look how buff that dude is! This will take forever if you are a little bitch.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #106
Nisbro
Zilvia Member

Nisbro is an unknown quantity at this point
The ignorance in here is amazing.

I'm guessing the majority of you all that have been constantly downing plasti dip have never seen the finished results of a PROPER spray. Just like standard automotive paint, the final finish all depends on the method of applying the paint. In my experience with plasti dipping an entire car, I found that it was MUCH simpler to apply to the vehicle than standard paint is. Plasti dip blends really well when sprayed from a proper HVLP sprayer.

I just dipped a friends S14 a custom dark blurple pearl two nights ago, and the end result was amazing! Aside for the terrible condition of the chassis, the finish looks like a standard automotive satin paint finish. And for those of you who say it doesn't easily peel away, you didn't apply enough layers. I sprayed 4 coats on the s14 as well as on 4 metal sample plates...after letting the plates cure over night, I peeled one plate clean to show a customer exactly how it peels up in one large sheet when applied correctly.

Here is the final result of the s14 missle's dip...keep in mind the body was pretty rough, and the pictures were taken inside our garage on my galaxy s3. The color in person out in the sunlight is AMAZING! Pictures really don't do it any justice.

How it started. Primer and a beat body.

I understand that plasti dip is not for everyone, but just because you are not a fan of It, doesn't mean you should deter other people from it.

3NAW/Battlestags
Nisbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #107
!Zar!
Post Whore!

The after shot looks no better/worse than the before shot.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #108
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
The after shot looks no better/worse than the before shot.
exactly, unfinished. all that work to make a car look like it needs a paint job, bravo!
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #109
Nisbro
Zilvia Member

Nisbro is an unknown quantity at this point
That was the desired finish, and it was achieved for half the price of a cheap maaco job. We could have used glossifier and made it look as slick as clear coat, but that is not what he wanted. You're obviously too closed minded to accept that plasti dip could be the exact look SOMEONE ELSE desires for their car, but doesn't want to pay out the ass for a quality paint job.

I Didn't post those pictures to try and persuade the non-believers. I posted them to show other people that may be curious as to what results plasti dip can yeild, so they can make an informed decision about what they wish to do with their car.

3NAW/Battlestags
Nisbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #110
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Looks terrible. Real satin paint jobs look 100x better than that crap.

edit:

gg.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #111
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
well then. i think anything that could be said has been said. /thread OP is a broke joke
blood out
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #112
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Automotive Paint, Auto Paint, Car Paint

Legit paint entire kit for about $150.00

Harborfreight paint gun is about 15.00-20.00 depending on the week

a few sheets of sandpaper to scuff the original finish - $5.00

under 200 for a real paint job isnt that bad.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #113
azndan2
Leaky Injector

azndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura aboutazndan2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Looks terrible. Real satin paint jobs look 100x better than that crap.

edit:

gg.
They both look shitty to me. Satin anything sucks.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #114
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndan2 View Post
They both look shitty to me. Satin anything sucks.
Exactly. Whether someone spends 50$ or 5000$ to paint their car flat/satin, it is still equally silly.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #115
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Why do people go through all that time & effort to prep/mask the body then just plastidip it? That makes no damn sense to me... You already have most of the hard work done for you, spend the extra couple hundred on REAL paint and not fucking rubber.

It doesn't look good, you can't justify it. I hate plastidip, I hate that it's even an option in the car community nowadays.
NickIsAZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #116
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
But guys, YOU CAN PEEL IT OFF!!! That's the most important part about plasti-shit. Once you realize it looks like ass you can peel it off and prep your car for a real paint job and never speak of it again.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #117
Petitt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Petitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
But guys, YOU CAN PEEL IT OFF!!! That's the most important part about plasti-shit. Once you realize it looks like ass you can peel it off and prep your car for a real paint job and never speak of it again.
Whats funny, is people platidip to cover shit paint a lot of the time. It would be like Christmas when they take it off.

OMG I wonder whats underneath??

Shit thats why I did that in the first place.
Petitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #118
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It is funny how people today plead with other 240SX owners to save up for a Maaco paint job.

I remember when I first got my car, Maaco was the absolute lowest bottom of the barrel and everyone in the 240SX community looked down on it.

Now we have Plasti Dip and vinyl wrapping. Wonder how much further we can lower the bar.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #119
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Painting a shitty 240sx a matte finish or plastidipping it doesn't magically turn it into a lamborghini or porsche... It's still a shitty 240sx. with fake wheels.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #120
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/428680...body-work.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote