Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #91
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
My concern is how much he is on and off the gas pedal, that shit dont fly in FD.
He should have some great entries though.

One more week
Are you fucking kidding me? All of these blip blip v8s in FD. Smoke and speed is all the FD judges care about. Throttle control be damned.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #92
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubIElove View Post
Insane cant for the this weekend. Live streaming it up!
WHERE are you live streaming from..tell me...tell me now
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #93
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #94
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGTST View Post

i wonder what the car will sound like when he goes all out.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #95
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
i wonder what the car will sound like when he goes all out.
like baby jesus riding a unicorn.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #96
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
WHERE are you live streaming from..tell me...tell me now
Formula DRIFT - Live

Or download justintv app for your phone and look for Formula D driftstream
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #97
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Check 7:35:00 and 7:58:00 a couple of practice tandem with JTP.

Justin.tv - driftstream - Formula Drift Long Beach Round 1
Old 04-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #98
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
At 23:20, Anyone know where i can get more info on that BMW? Looked like it was ripping it up pretty good.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #99
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
At 23:20, Anyone know where i can get more info on that BMW? Looked like it was ripping it up pretty good.
You mean the 2010 and 2011 XDC champ Chelsea Denofa?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #100
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Am I the only one that thinks the second outside clip is stupid? I know they want the cars close to the judges table but at the cost of missing the turn 2 apex is fucked.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #101
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

JDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
Am I the only one that thinks the second outside clip is stupid? I know they want the cars close to the judges table but at the cost of missing the turn 2 apex is fucked.
Hardly anyone hit it, It should be in a better spot for sure!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #102
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 88 U View Post
You mean the 2010 and 2011 XDC champ Chelsea Denofa?
If thats the dude from Texas, then yes.
And he was killing it !!
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #103
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Well he definitely has the sickest sounding car here.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #104
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Justin.tv - driftstream - DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA vs JUSTIN PAWLAK During FINAL 4 2012 Formula Drift Round 1 @ Long Beach California
under the bridge Justin made a correction and was not penalized

How the hell did Daigo lose this match?
Justin.tv - driftstream - DAIJIRO YOSHIHARA vs DAIGO SAITO During FINAL 4 2012 Formula Drift Round 1 @ Long Beach California
Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #105
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I dont understand the formula D judging at all. It seems like a lot of bullshit to me, or the bigger your bank roll the more likely you win?
But it did look like he messed up, so yea.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #106
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
i did feel a little bit of bias in the judging. one judge was like "wait, whats his name again?" he kind of seemed as though he was undermining the new guy.

i really liked the match up. daigo's follow run was very strong. his simultaneous initiations and transitions were very apparent of D1. that doesnt seem to matter much in FD.

yoshihara's follow run was very strong too. daigo had GANGSTER angle under the dunlop bridge, but check out the small correction at 2:50, thats probably what they noticed most of all since the judges sit right there
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #107
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
I dont understand the formula D judging at all. It seems like a lot of bullshit to me.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
i did feel a little bit of bias in the judging. one judge was like "wait, whats his name again?".........
When was the last time there was a sport where the judges didnt know a persons name.
Not to mention the Exedy has the announcer in his pocket.

Decent day though, expensive beer
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #108
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
When was the last time there was a sport where the judges didnt know a persons name.
yea, but he did sound condescending.

yea, expensive beer

i really liked the simultaneous transitions. seriously
Old 04-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #109
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

I guess when your entire rear end has been cut out this is possible.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #110
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The judging was bullshit this round.

I dont know how the hell Daigo lost against Dai. He basically entered ass first under the dunlop bridge!

I dont know how the hell Gushi made it as far as he did. In my eyes he lost to that rookie Odi Bakchis. FD didnt want to lose face when scion did all of this PR bullshit regarding the OVERPRICED FR-S during the event.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #111
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
i was surprised to see bakchis take out gitten jr. as early as he did
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #112
Creizai
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Creizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenkiMan! View Post
i was surprised to see bakchis take out gitten jr. as early as he did
Wasn't so much bakchis as JR beating himself. During the second run jr destroyed him
Creizai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #113
Creizai
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Creizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toi View Post
I cannot watch the US versions of drifting, bunch of high speed half assed angles with no actual STYLE in it.

Americans call it dirty to fake shift and trick throttle play to screw your opponent up, but that is the sport, high speed entry race lines are boring.

Glad there is a new drift set up coming out in Japan!
Haha weeaboo status, FD has come a long long way.

Dude Daigo grabbing 3rd place? thats pretty damn solid...
Creizai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #114
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im still waiting for something like this to happen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGAH8OSHRWU

maybe they should just take j rod off the mic and have some Japanese dude yell. id watch it then
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #115
Captain Dan
Leaky Injector

Captain Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
I watched most of it on justin.tv, was pulling for daigo the whole time. I will say that formula D announcers suck balls at their jobs. Confusing names, cars, etc... really guys? youve only been doing this how many years now?

I agree, daigo got shafted in the final 4 runoff with dai, but drifting is drifting I suppose. Im really looking forward to seeing him at atlanta.
Captain Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #116
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post

I dont know how the hell Daigo lost against Dai. He basically entered ass first under the dunlop bridge!

I dont know how the hell Gushi made it as far as he did. In my eyes he lost to that rookie Odi Bakchis. FD didnt want to lose face when scion did all of this PR bullshit regarding the OVERPRICED FR-S during the event.
You are right Odi Bakchis had a way better lead run than Gushi.

The problem is FD judges don't know what constitutes a winning tandem run. In D1 it's simple. Lead car goes fast and side ways while protecting their line as the chase car puts pressure. In FD it's like the lead car must make a wide path hitting outside clips while the chase car must mirror their pointless line. This is why 95% of the battles are two car lengths apart.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #117
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^^^ truth!!!!
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #118
Luscious
Leaky Injector

Luscious is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post

Check out this video I made: Go to 7:25 and you'll see Daigo's very minor mistake where Santa is at. You'll notice it a lot more once you compare it with the footage right after where Daigo went up against Matt Powers for Third place. I would have asked for a OMT though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyOK3hG2BW0

As for Ken vs Odi, I agree.
Luscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #119
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

JDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-known

This video clearly shows in run two Dai making two mistakes following daigo. Way shallow angle through both parts of turn 10 not nearly matching Daigo's insane angle, and he completely failed to match Daigo's turn 11 transition. He horribly failed to match Daigo's transition speed going into turn 11. Daigo never straightened not even once like the judges claimed. The only mistake Daigo made which was arguable was his slight waddle right before the second clipping point. This is not seen in other video's shot at better angle's which is why i say the mistake was arguable. It definitely should have gone OMT. Basically it just shows the extreme bias on the judges. They couldn't stand to have a foreigner take a top podium position on his very first event. Its okay thought because Daigo will completely and utterly destroy Road Atlanta, the course is very similar to minami, his home track. The Japanese have better long sliding skill than Americans and ATL suits higher horsepower cars.

Here is another angle
http://youtu.be/oOLOxPSr1P8
Old 04-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #120
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious View Post
Check out this video I made: Go to 7:25 and you'll see Daigo's very minor mistake where Santa is at. You'll notice it a lot more once you compare it with the footage right after where Daigo went up against Matt Powers for Third place. I would have asked for a OMT though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyOK3hG2BW0

As for Ken vs Odi, I agree.
Matt powers failed horribly against Daigo, his runs were littered with mistakes, just goes to show the true amateur he is.