Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #91
RPS13_NISMO KNIGHT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond reputeRPS13_NISMO KNIGHT has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
Because Honda sucks.
SOO true
RPS13_NISMO KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #92
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I had a 89 Supra, then I drove my friends Zenki, sooo much better. Its the best cheap lightweight RWD car there is.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #93
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm not sure but Honda didn't have a lot to do with it.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:47 PM   #94
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I bought my first one back in 06' to do drift days with.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #95
t_rempel
Leaky Injector

t_rempel is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked imports but fwd didn't seem like any fun to me. Since I wanted something quick and rwd, I was looking at camaros, firebirds and 2wd 1/2 ton trucks. I had no idea that the 240sx even existed until I was in grade 12. It didn't take much to convice me that a 240 was what I wanted. Now i have a fun, rwd and super fast 16 second car The lower insurance and gas bills are nice too.
t_rempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #96
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
i wanted something cheap ( i got it for free), many aftermarket parts, and fun to drive.
qwikspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #97
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Well it wasn't to drift, or swap in an SR, or be JDM-Tyte.

I wrecked my previous car in front of a Nissan Dealership, and I didn't want another FWD vehicle.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #98
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
funny, i've never seen a 240 at a nissan dealer. though i didn't start looking til 2002
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #99
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
I didn't say I bought it off that Nissan lot, just that I wrecked my last car in front of it. It was an omen. LOL

There were actually 2 240s on the lot that day, but they belonged to Mechanics there.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #100
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
because i was sick of repairing my cv joints on my accord. so off to google to find something that was 2dr so i didnt have to be the bitch and drive everyone around. 4cyl and rwd. ding ding ding 240sx is teh winnar.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #101
nissanic89

nissanic89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bought because i had just totaled my Hyundai and had money to spend. I have always been a big car guy but this was my first opportunity to really get into it. I got it not because it was a 240, but because it was a cost efficient RWD light mod friendly car that it could do any motor sport with ie. Drag, drift, autocross etc.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #102
jworks
Zilvia Member

jworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura aboutjworks has a spectacular aura about
I bought a 240 because its easy car to drive, plus you get decent gas mileage unlike those clunky V8 cars
jworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #103
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
So people on Zilvia would love me...?
ESmorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:53 AM   #104
DMiller
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
DMiller has a spectacular aura aboutDMiller has a spectacular aura aboutDMiller has a spectacular aura aboutDMiller has a spectacular aura aboutDMiller has a spectacular aura aboutDMiller has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
because I wanted something as a project that was rwd and 2 door.... that and it was only $355....
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #105
Roguewolf240

Roguewolf240 is making a name for him/her selfRoguewolf240 is making a name for him/her selfRoguewolf240 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to Roguewolf240
Some Brittish people were selling a hatch for mad cheap, and i'd always <3'd 240s
Roguewolf240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #106
svensko
Zilvia Junkie

svensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymoresvensko is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to svensko
Was buying a car and the guy with the MKI MR2 wanted a few hundred too much for my taste. I knew I wanted reasonable stock HP/torque, sorry, not 1.5 litre Civics for me.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #107
jfc3po
Zilvia Junkie

jfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura aboutjfc3po has a spectacular aura about
because my FC crapped out on me and it gets better gas mileage than an FC....

FCs are still sexier than s13s.....
Old 01-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #108
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc3po View Post

FCs are still sexier than s13s.....

Truth.

Too bad they rarely move under their own power.
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #109
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
in highschool, i made fun of a kid that drove a red S13 coupe...because it was a 4 cylinder. i, being 16, and the driver of a 94 mustang GT vert, was the shit.

anyhow, i had a civic with a B16. i wanted to go 'fast', for 'cheap'. got a 2nd job so i could afford an E36 M3. found one, didnt have enough money. decided i wanted an S13 to put an Sr into. really wanted a Kouki, but couldnt afford one...especially to put an Sr into one... it was all about monies.. now i have a Kouki worth [to me] twice as much as the M3 i almost bought. life is funny. i should have gotten the M3. haha.

my next car will be an M3. unless i want to really go fast. then im buying a cobra.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #110
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Since middle school I always wanted a 300ZX Twin Turbo. Highschool rolled around and I'd day dreamed about that 300ZXTT. I got a job delivering pizza after school at Little Caesars to save up for one. But alas.. it was never ment to be, I couldn't afford it (they were still expensive back then).

Around 1998 my ricer friends showed me a copy of Options Video. Saw a tri-turbo RX-7 on it from TAS 1997. First time I saw drifting as well and the first time I saw an S14. It was sorta like the ugly chick you ignored but finally became the swan you never expected. Also remember Non Fujita's S14 on the cover of Super Street also influenced me. In my mind it was settled, i wanted a 1997 or 1998 240SX.

I started looking for one in 1999, found one in aspen pearl white in Summer 2000 by luck in the used car lot of a Chrysler dealership in Clear Lake, Texas and bought it. I dreamed about the swap like all young and naive 240 owners. Unfortunately being a student and having a shitty low paying job meant it took until this 2007 to be able to afford some serious stuff beyond the basics.

It's been 8-9 years and 80,000 miles since...
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #111
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
I refused to drive anything with FWD. I drove my mom's ES300 when I first got my permit/license way back when and it fucking sucked. I hated the way it felt. It's also my first car so I wanted it to be something different from the rest. All the money I worked hard for/saved up for wasn't going towards a Civic or Corolla. Everyone has one around here. I wanted something "special." I liked 240s since I was a little kid. A guy used to have a two-tone coupe down the block when I lived in NY. I didn't know shit about it. I just loved the way it looked and said I'd own one someday. Even so, it wasn't the first car I was looking for. I actually looking for a muscle car or a 300ZX...something along those lines but they were too expensive for the budget I was dealing with. Well I never got a coupe like I said I would but I got something close enough (vert). Cheap, rwd economy car...what is there not to like?
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #112
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Prior to the movie "the fast and the furious" I was a die-hard chevy guy (yes I am ashamed, about the movie not chevy FUCK FORD!). I didn't even know about all the mods you could do to an import. The scene where they have all the parts for the supra layed out on the ground really opened my eyes to what you could do. I immediately started researching different cars that were rear-wheel drive and somewhat affordable and I stumbled onto the 240sx. I then started researching what aftermarket parts were available and in the process of that discovered the JDM scene and cars. What really sold me on the 240 though was one time when Mark from Slide Squad (my buddy used to work with him) took me and my buddy for a ride in his blue s-13, god what a clean car! He didn't go drifting or anything just a couple of good accelerations on the way to carl's jr. After talking to him and his buddy and checking out his car I was hooked! I have not looked back since and the s-13 chasis is still my favorite light to medium weight rwd platform.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #113
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to S14Josh
My parents pushed me towards my 14

I was about to pick up a 2000 Subaru impreza 2.5 RS. It was already on coilovers and had some bronze BBS LM's. The dealership wanted 11 grand. I only had 5.

So i decided i'd rather have no payments. Plus my car was a single owner, the Subaru had like 5 owners in the course of 4 years, the interior had stains all over from kids spilling drinks/popsicles/that kind of shit. I got my car from an old lady who had all the receipts and kept up on routine service stuff
S14Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #114
Hooorahh!
Zilvia FREAK!

Hooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Hooorahh! Send a message via Yahoo to Hooorahh!
honestly i was gonna get a honda or a fastback at the time
1990 sohc or a 2000 hatch back honda ... my dad was paying for it .. and he hated the honda so, thats how i got my first 240 .... i didnt know a damm thing about 240's eithere .... shit i even put some neon lights on my first 240 broke them, and a year later looked back was like wtf was i thinking haha ...
Hooorahh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 AM   #115
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I got one cause I thought they looked so awesome...then I started researching and found a good aftermarket, and I liked the overall vibe. I test drove one and decided that I needed one in my life. Then I had two. Then three...etc.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #116
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't even know how I got my first one; I was mostly looking for a first car that I could put a decent audio setup in. Met a guy with an S14 at my college and it seemed like a solid car, and I had a few friends in high school who modded EF civics, CRXs, etc, so the seeds of playing with cars had been planted. 4 years since the first car and I'm now on S14 #3; after I wrecked the first one, I got back into an S14 because it was the best mix of weight, reliability, cost, performance potential, and space in a RWD car. Almost decided to get a Miata but since I was still in college ~800 miles from home, I figured I'd be screwed when I had to move home for summers, etc. Didn't seem like a good idea if I ended up in a snowy climate after college either, which I did, so in retrospect that was a good call. It's been kind of lame trying to build a nice track setup for a car that has a market pretty consistently focused on drifting, but with some recent suspension developments that shouldn't be an issue.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #117
DoriftoPnoy
Zilvia Addict

DoriftoPnoy is on a distinguished road
Well seeing as it was my first car, I just remember hearing the name silvia from somewhere. So I turned to my trusty friend, google, and found out what they looked like. Can't say it was love at first sight but it got me intrigued and I decided to look into craig's list and what not. So I tell my dad what I wanted and he starts doing his research and finds me this white s14 with an sr. Didn't know what an SR was at the time so I researched that and found out they're turbo'd motors already so I was like "OK i'll take it." And next thing you know I come home from work and I hear my dad driving it back from getting some gas. And that's pretty much how/why I got a 240.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #118
hunter8411
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
hunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond reputehunter8411 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hunter8411
Had a built V8 Vega that only got 12mpg, so was looking for a comfortable, good looking, good milage car. Went to a drift practice event on the balcony in like 03/04 with my friend and his s14, got hooked and decided I needed one.
hunter8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #119
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
because i couldn't afford a MKIV nor a FD.......

someday i'll ditch this piece of shit and get one of those 2......
hahaha
jeeper_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #120
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
I also failed to mention that I found a really good deal on an s13 while I was shopping for a car, I was originally thinking about getting a Honda cause well...I just wanted to find a cheap car and flip it, and then after I saw the s13 I just got thinking heavily about how I might as well get a car I really enjoy driving while i'm at it.