Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #91
CAPTAINNEO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
CAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTAINNEO has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CAPTAINNEO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINxSELEKTAH View Post
where Rabbit In The Moon played? i was thinking Nocturnal Wonderland 2000 @ some farm land in Hemmet, or Nocturnal Wonderland 2001 @ Empire Polo Fields.
yea, prolly around 2000. i havent been to a 'party' since. i know it's been a good while. for sure it wasnt the polo fields. it was in BFE, off the 15 between the 909 and san diego somewhere.
CAPTAINNEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 PM   #92
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Ok, I guess I never did contribute to this thread.
I spun at IO in Miami back in the day. A lot of Up Beat House, Old School Hip Hop and some old school Freestyles and other real weird experimental.

I kept spinning on my own and at parties for friends but somehow lost the love for it and sold my whole set up. My decks were some fagget Pioneer shit and sometimes I would use my buddies G4 with

I recently made a couple of mixes with some Deep House and some Eric Morillo sounds, could I possibly get into it again like in the past?

Maybe not.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 PM   #93
SINxSELEKTAH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SINxSELEKTAH has a spectacular aura aboutSINxSELEKTAH has a spectacular aura aboutSINxSELEKTAH has a spectacular aura aboutSINxSELEKTAH has a spectacular aura aboutSINxSELEKTAH has a spectacular aura aboutSINxSELEKTAH has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SINxSELEKTAH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINNEO View Post
yea, prolly around 2000. i havent been to a 'party' since. i know it's been a good while. for sure it wasnt the polo fields. it was in BFE, off the 15 between the 909 and san diego somewhere.
i hear ya on that, i haven't been to a party since 2003-2004. after it's been underground deep house parties till 2005. kinda miss it but i don't. idk, i'd hit up a good D&B party if the line-up was good enough
SINxSELEKTAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 PM   #94
s14dude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
s14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura abouts14dude has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14dude
Enjoy New Mixes!

myspace.com/djbrandocommando
Old 03-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #95
Shaminii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Shaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Shaminii
New mix I made last night. I called it "Do Fucking Jumping Jacks" because about 90% of these tunes feature 1/8 notes, which create a bouncy effect and therefore make you wanna do jumping jacks on the dancefloor. I hope you enjoy.

"Do Fucking Jumping Jacks" by David Hoang
01. Moonbeam - Spring Story
02. Glenn Morrison - Contact
03. Adam K & Soha - Twilight
04. Glenn Morrisson - No Sudden Moves
05. Deadmau5 - Not Exactly
06. Deadmau5 - Complications
07. Fragma - Toca's Miracle (Inpetto Remix)
08. Morgan Page feat. Lissie - The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix)
09. Thomas Schwartz - Jupiter Calling
10. Stone Canyon feat. LDN - Rest Here (Chris Reece Dub)
11. Adam K & Soha - Long Distance
12. Darone - The Time Has Come

You can download it here: http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/58878707/file.html or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M1VSVSB or http://www.hypnotikspeed.com/music/d...ng%20Jacks.mp3

Last edited by Shaminii; 06-04-2008 at 11:52 AM..
Shaminii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #96
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Helghast
SLOW download is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

= (

Host it somewhere else?

Zshare.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #97
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
I'm not a dj, but what do you guys think of this? I scored a free pair of 1200 mk2's!!!! Some local posted it up on craigslist, saying that it was in his aunty's storage. He just took them, and decided to give them away!!! I'm in the process of getting a mixer, and some speakers, just to mess around with. What kind of needles do you guys suggest? I'm gonna scratch a little, just for fun, but mostly i'm gonna be practicing my beat matching.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #98
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Used to spin HEAVILY in 99 *the year of trance* got out of the game unexpectedly in 02. Ran a pair of black 1210s, a rane empath mixer, Shure M35X cartriges, all through a set of bose sprakers!

I want to get back into spinning. Ive REALLY been into electro/house/D&B lately, but im still a trancehead

top picks for 07 are slim, but here are a few of my favorites.
1) Home (Stoneface & Terminal Remix) - Above and Beyond
2) Frozen (Dub Mix) - Dogzilla
3) Good for Me (Above & Beyond Club Mix) - Above & Beyond featuring Zoƫ Johnston
4) Morning Light - Anjunabeats presents Nitrous Oxide
5) Barock - Nick Larson
6) Exactly - O'Callaghan & Kearney * late 06 but meh*
Old 03-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #99
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Not a DJ but can add my favorite Jams from this year...Don't do clubs in Japan but when I am TDY in Thailand most of the clubs I go to play trance from midnight to morning...Alt F4 is one of my favorite jams from this year, also Hustler as mentioned by the OP even a ringtone on my phone. Have a CD called "Ajuna Beats" and all those are pretty good tracks. I Like the Nadia Ali remixes of her IIO stuff, her voice is fuckin bad as hell. If anyone can find the track of her singing Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" I will pay money for that shit. Heard it in Thailand the last trip and it's dope.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #100
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
It was Nocturnal 06.

That Nocturnal had a rude Line up.
Pendulum B2B with Andy C.
Back when Pendulum was just starting.

Blank & Jones.
Ferry Corsten.
Christopher Lawrence.

DAAAMN.
Fuck yea that part was great..too hot though...lol..but music was hard all night...
Gonna setup a 240 Massive meet next big massive ...Isn't "EDC" up next?
I know "How sweet it is" is this weekend..but i never like their lineups..too goofy housy..stuff!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #101
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Helghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfectionHelghast is close to perfection
Yea EDC is next.
Even tho I don't know the line-up, I still like going to EDC.
I hope it's not as bad as last year, it was full of DUMB ASSES!
What're you gonna do, the scene is getting popular again.

fuck all that..

ULTRA, BABY!!

one moreeee weeeeek.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #102
Shaminii
Zilvia Junkie

Shaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
SLOW download is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

= (

Host it somewhere else?

Zshare.
New link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M1VSVSB

Zshare isn't working for as much as I tried to upload it there.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #103
Helghast
Zilvia FREAK!

Sweeeeeeeet.
Downloading it now.

= D
Old 03-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #104
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaminii View Post
New link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M1VSVSB

Zshare isn't working for as much as I tried to upload it there.
That mix is dope bro. Im gonna split it into track ands and you can be assured it's playin in Japan
Old 03-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #105
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
i miss my turntables
X2
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #106
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
So iv had my tables for a while now.. (couple of months)
this is what my set up looks like

i spin dirty electro/house

some UK hardcore
Old 06-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #107
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
My laptop with serato i dont have my own tables and stuff i usually go to my boys house he has technics tables the sl1200's my air macbook as i call it..

i spin trance techno dance whatever you wanna call it and Reggaeton

stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #108
thestreetzking
Zilvia Junkie

thestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to thestreetzking
DJ jimmy crack corn.. and I dont care..

nah jk but my friends wife spins, shit is off the hook, i know there technics but not sure what brand, I used to screw around on acid and such but nothing with tables, i wouldnt mind getting into it just to play around
thestreetzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #109
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestreetzking View Post
, i wouldnt mind getting into it just to play around
when i first got my cdj200's i was on them for 4 hrs STREIGHT.. with out noticing ..lol

HTID!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #110
thestreetzking
Zilvia Junkie

thestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nice
damn there like $300 a piece, anything cheap I can just screw with for fun? and hook to my comp
Old 06-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #111
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
CDJ's are not TURNTABLES. please do not call them turntables/tables!

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #112
thestreetzking
Zilvia Junkie

who said they were tables??
Old 06-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #113
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiNMAN View Post
CDJ's are not TURNTABLES. please do not call them turntables/tables!
oh my bad.. they'r better than that..

Old 06-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #114
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestreetzking View Post
damn there like $300 a piece, anything cheap I can just screw with for fun? and hook to my comp
Of course.. the bang for your buck i would recomend "American audio cdi 500's" and numark has decent mixers for almost nothing

dont waste your time with vynal if your plans are to spin edm..with the exception of DnB..

by the time anything is pressed, its been played out by a cd already..

unless ur serato..i guess .. that just takes the fun out of mixing IMO
Old 06-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #115
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
I have always wanted to start some DJ shit... I havent looked into it much because it seems to vast. I dont want to call Trance techno or house progressive or- is that even right?

I drove to Dallas 5-16-08 to see Paul Van Dyk @ the lizard lounge. Needless to say the music was intense I havent been to a rave in a long time... Next stop is KCMO for Tiesto on 6-11-08

I hope its going to be great

Pradoy thanks for the link to the mixers... I have no vynals so cds will have to do.

This thread rocks or does it roll?!
ki_JDM_ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #116
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
I have Traktor dj pc mixer..its awesome for house party's and just mixing music easily at home..or with laptop!
I just sold my
Technics SL1200's Mk5G-Anniversary edition..
i still have my Gemini battle mixer camouflage edition though..
bought it in Japan.
probably sell if it anyone is interested..
Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #117
Shaminii
Zilvia Junkie

I just picked up a pair of Pioneer CDJ-1000s MK3's. ^-^

Anybody looking to sell at a DJM600 or 800?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #118
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaminii View Post
I just picked up a pair of Pioneer CDJ-1000s MK3's. ^-^

Anybody looking to sell at a DJM600 or 800?
balllin..

lol

try craigslist for sure.. iv came across a few in LA
Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 PM   #119
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Just thought I'd drop a few updated pics in. Quite happy with how my DJing has progressed since my last post on page 3. Been doing the usual sociable side of DJing with friends (minimal and electro), and a few small UKG Bassline nights down here in Portsmouth (mostly bassline, a bit of old skool 2 step). Generally having fun! Bad thing is I'm selling my setup to fund car parts, but I'm going to buy a better setup after the summer:

Biggup the ipod plugged into the cdj400!

A few pics of friends having a mix at my place:

Me and the guy in the white Tee are currently planning an epic cross-genre minimix with Albeton. Im a n00b with it, but hes pretty good, so hes going to teach me the ropes.