Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #91
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love how in zilvia land something is cool until people start actually getting them.

They were cheap ass wheels back when they were JDM tyte and they are cheap ass wheels now.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #92
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
I love how in zilvia land something is cool until people start actually getting them.

They were cheap ass wheels back when they were JDM tyte and they are cheap ass wheels now.
That's because not just a few people get them, but everyone that seeks approval from the dudes on here goes out and gets them, and they are instantly played out.

Like the FNs. They were cool wheels for the price, and still are, but people whored them out, and now they're not cool because it seems like everyone posting pics of their cars have those on their cars. The S-chassis might as well have come stock with them lol

Now that these are out, people are afraid they will become the next FNs, because they come in better sizes and offset than the "usual" FNs, and they cost less!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #93
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
so.. i didnt' read through the whole thread but i noticed that ian said that these were the exact same as the cst's.. is there any proof or confirmation that these mb's are just rebadged... and actually the same exact wheels with same construction and casting process or what not?
Old 03-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #94
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
I can't prove it for sure

But just think about it logically

What is more cost effective?

From a business standpoint it would make no sense for them to make the wheel themselves if it's really that cheap.

That's why Rota makes their own wheels. They copy wheels that can't be had anymore or very high quality wheels.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #95
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
so.. i didnt' read through the whole thread but i noticed that ian said that these were the exact same as the cst's.. is there any proof or confirmation that these mb's are just rebadged... and actually the same exact wheels with same construction and casting process or what not?
Dude... $150 a wheel.... come on.

Even if they weren't the EXACT SAME as the CST, would you mind?

Better yet, has anyone destroyed the much played out, and "everyone probably has seen or touched a set" of the MB Weapons? No?

If no, then I think these new wheels will be just as good as the Weapons as far as holding up to abuse. Comes in better sizes/offsets too.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #96
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i think MB should start selling 18x10.5 -20 VSKFs for $200 each.

har har har

sue me.

blow me.

don't forget to kiss the tip.

I think the "problem" here was that some semi-exclusive wheels, i say this very loosely seeing that my mother could hop on the train buy a pair of these for ~¥30,000, are now available to pretty much everybody in the US. but because of the sizing not as many people will actually buy them, its a variation of natural selection i suppose.

it would be weird seeing them on a mustang however, but dare i say it, i think they would look cool.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #97
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Well considering VS-KFs are cast wheels it wouldn't surprise me if someone doesn't start copying it.

CSTs aren't a super name brand wheel company, they sold in Japan for 150 bucks a piece (for quite some time before the demand for them caused the price to almost double) there is no reason they shouldn't sell over here for the same price.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #98
SR20d2fourT
Zilvia Junkie

SR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post

It's a nice wheel.
not everyone has 2-3k to spend on wheels. I'd much rather buy some footwork and susp. than baller ass wheels....but then again, who doesn't like ballin wheels? Just a cheap alternative, so to each his own.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #99
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
I can't afford to break a VS-XX and have to replace w/ a new one

I can afford to break an MB and replace it w/ a new one

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 03-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #100
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I can't afford to break a VS-XX and have to replace w/ a new one

I can afford to break an MB and replace it w/ a new one
I cant afford to break a SE wheel and replace w/ a new one.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #101
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
I tried e-mailing MB to see if they have any plans of releasing a 9.5jx18 +15 and/or in chrome, but my e-mail was denied...twice.

Yuta, if you or anyone for that matter, can produce VS-KF's for $200 a wheel, I'll buy them forever, if that makes sense. Can you buy something forever?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #102
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Im hoping to pick up a pair this weekend .
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #103
JAYTRON
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
JAYTRON is making a name for him/her selfJAYTRON is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JAYTRON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
I tried e-mailing MB to see if they have any plans of releasing a 9.5jx18 +15 and/or in chrome, but my e-mail was denied...twice.

Yuta, if you or anyone for that matter, can produce VS-KF's for $200 a wheel, I'll buy them forever, if that makes sense. Can you buy something forever?
why not if you have the income haha
Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #104
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
They are the same as CST's

not knock offs.
requoting for the 30 people that missed this in this thread...

Same wheels, different names...

They look good, if you can't be a baller and buy some expensive shit, just buy these!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #105
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I tried e-mailing MB to see if they have any plans of releasing a 9.5jx18 +15 and/or in chrome, but my e-mail was denied...twice
I work for DTC and I have the 18x9.5 +15 in my computer system database, want a product code?

-Jackson.Vaughn.Photography-
Old 03-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #106
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:

18x9.5 +15 is available but not the chrome finish.

according to my friend who works at ATC (who got me the wheels) there is "matte silver" and some variation of bronze.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #107
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
for the price these can't be beat. i mean nothing beats a new set of TE's, but if by buying these wheels gives you that extra cash to make just one more event this year, then what more could you ask for?

buy buy buy buy........

do it now!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 03-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #108
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobestudios View Post
I work for DTC and I have the 18x9.5 +15 in my computer system database, want a product code?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
18x9.5 +15 is available but not the chrome finish.

according to my friend who works at ATC (who got me the wheels) there is "matte silver" and some variation of bronze.
Well shit, my search skills were lacking a couple days ago then. I checked Discount Tire and the other site and became all depressed after only finding the +23 offset.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #109
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
id rock em in 18s on a S13
Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #110
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
dood, 4 luggers are looking at the following for $1500 +/-

MB battles
falken rt-615 tires
ichiba 5 lug hubs
5 lug stock rotors

yesh, a brand new 5 lug setup for the price of a set of works/gram lights. who cares if they are "played out" they will get you started or if you dont give a fuck about trends you can rock a very awsome wheel design.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #111
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
In my opinion the exclusivity and the hunt for nice size 4-lug wheels is half the fun.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #112
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
In my opinion the exclusivity and the hunt for nice size 4-lug wheels is half the fun.
I force myself to think that only having 16 lugs is weight savings *smacks forehead*
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #113
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
the diff in the 15 and 23 off sets are probably in the back pad anyway, so i dont mind.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 AM   #114
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
yeah, i was hoping no one would find out about these and post about them...been keeping my mouth shut for the longest time...just cuz i didnt want to piss the CST guys off trying to sell and trying to avoid yet another decent rim being played to epic proportions...haha...

whatever, theyre cheap, get them and shut up about mb or cst...theyre the same and both are just as cheap...
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #115
Ian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14 View Post
yeah, i was hoping no one would find out about these and post about them...been keeping my mouth shut for the longest time...just cuz i didnt want to piss the CST guys off trying to sell and trying to avoid yet another decent rim being played to epic proportions...haha...

whatever, theyre cheap, get them and shut up about mb or cst...theyre the same and both are just as cheap...

I kept my mouth shut til this thread came up haha.

I already had a set in my possession

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
Old 03-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #116
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks15 View Post
These MB's are cheap at 150.00 a piece you can't beat it.
Unless discount tire does that buy 4 items get $100 off thing again. That would be the fucking cherry on top.

Ian, you mind putting those on a digi scale for us?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #117
water
Zilvia Junkie

water has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud of
OK.

Why are people disappointed about this? Look on Yahoo Japan, CST's are like $2 a wheel. Oh no, now they're available here for the same ridiculously cheap prices.

I've had NS-01's (CST D-spec) and they were heavy as far as light wheels go. I've held zero-1's, they're heavy too. These will be heavy.

If you want light, buy forged or good cast wheels (MAT).

And for people "wishing" they offered polished versions like CST - um, CST doesn't offer that either. Only an even heavier chrome version. It's not that hard to polish aluminum anyway and at $160ish a wheel, you can practice and feel safe.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #118
trogdor
Zilvia Member

trogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant futuretrogdor has a brilliant future
these are going to look amazing on my car in 3 days
Old 03-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #119
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
i have real CST's on my s14, and my buddy just got in a set of the MB and they look identical except for the center caps, which i think it looks better without the center cap. but point being, there are noooo difference in rims, they weigh the same, and quality looks and feels the same.

f:17x9.5 +15 r:18x9.5 +23 w/ 20mm spacer.
18x9.5 +15 is on back order from japan, and i didn't feel like waiting, so i got the +23et. and inside news, CST is gonna start discountinuing the Hyper Zero-1 and they are gonna team up with URAS.
like i said, inside news from japan, i may be wrong tho.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #120
doc99
Zilvia Member

doc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of lightdoc99 is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone know if the 18x9.5 +23 will clear the coilover on an S13 in the front?