Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #91
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyS14DET View Post
It's guys like you that make me laugh !!!
And if you call 29 being old that makes me laugh as well !!
I see it as bye the time you were getting in high school I was already a master tech for Nissan/Infiniti as well as a respected fabricator who has been down the road that your going down long before you !!!
Good luck on your car and I hope it works out for you !!! I also look forward to the day that I run into you at the track !!!!

Damn Nemo got suuuuuuuuurved!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #92
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Damn Nemo got suuuuuuuuurved!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

You shoulda used a pic from the south park episode. It would have been better.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #93
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Go with the thickest/widest one you can fit and duct it out in front of your front tire(exit). Inlet needs to be about 80% the area of the core with a rounded lip on the front edge and a slow expansion to the core to keep the flow from stalling before the core.

I tracked my car a few times with the stock SMIC and the power loss and knock from super high IATs was pretty brutal(stock S13 SR tune, which isn't great, but it never knocked on the street, and this was with 93 octane). The car seriously felt like it picked up ~30 rwhp at 8-9 psi on a T25 during a rain session compared to the 80 deg F temps before. The car dyno'd at 205 rwhp at 8 psi, so the power loss was painfully apparent by about lap 2-3. I had the stock SMIC duct and stock SMIC fenderliner - essentially a bone stock S13 SR setup besides an exhaust.

So I understand why you want a SMIC, but you need to really concentrate on getting as big a core as possible and ducting it as well as possible. Dumping water on the track by spraying the core will be a big no-no, so not an option.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #94
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
You shoulda used a pic from the south park episode. It would have been better.
Whats sad is there is a website full of gif files just for that movie.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #95
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Go with the thickest/widest one you can fit and duct it out in front of your front tire(exit). Inlet needs to be about 80% the area of the core with a rounded lip on the front edge and a slow expansion to the core to keep the flow from stalling before the core.

I tracked my car a few times with the stock SMIC and the power loss and knock from super high IATs was pretty brutal(stock S13 SR tune, which isn't great, but it never knocked on the street, and this was with 93 octane). The car seriously felt like it picked up ~30 rwhp at 8-9 psi on a T25 during a rain session compared to the 80 deg F temps before. The car dyno'd at 205 rwhp at 8 psi, so the power loss was painfully apparent by about lap 2-3. I had the stock SMIC duct and stock SMIC fenderliner - essentially a bone stock S13 SR setup besides an exhaust.

So I understand why you want a SMIC, but you need to really concentrate on getting as big a core as possible and ducting it as well as possible. Dumping water on the track by spraying the core will be a big no-no, so not an option.
Yup. And don't forget a puller fan on the back and ducting off the back (to a lower-pressure zone preferably).

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #96
Goldeneye9mm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Goldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura aboutGoldeneye9mm has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Goldeneye9mm
if you're going to track it or just drive the piss out of it on a regular basis you should not only consider a puller fan but maybe a water jet system or maybe even a Co2 or N2o sprayer to get it back to cold during a heat soak condition. good luck neme
Old 11-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #97
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post

I figured out what core I'm getting. I will duct it. No Fan, and the amount of water coming out of the system i'm putting together will not dump water on the track and the little that does drip will evaporate before it hits the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneye9mm View Post
if you're going to track it or just drive the piss out of it on a regular basis you should not only consider a puller fan but maybe a water jet system or maybe even a Co2 or N2o sprayer to get it back to cold during a heat soak condition. good luck neme
Thanks vato!

No fan, just the sprayer.. I'll post some pics when i get the ducting and sprayer setup.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #98
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
I figured out what core I'm getting. I will duct it. No Fan, and the amount of water coming out of the system i'm putting together will not dump water on the track and the little that does drip will evaporate before it hits the ground.
You should never intentionally spray ANY fluid while on track. I've heard of people getting kicked out of a track event for doing crap like that.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #99
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
I won't spray, I'll mist. and I'll do it pre-run just for you. Not mid session.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #100
Def
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
I won't spray, I'll mist. and I'll do it pre-run just for you. Not mid session.
I'm hoping your instructor asks you why you're being all Fast and the Furious fiddling with some crap to "make some more power" going down the straight and makes you pull in to the pits and have a chat with the chief instructor.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:44 AM   #101
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Its not to make more power. its to prevent heat soak.

Thanks everyone for your input, but I figured out what i want to do.

I'm locking this thread.

I <3 wooollys14.

Last edited by NemeGuero; 11-22-2008 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: drunk posting.. lol
Closed Thread