Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #1171
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Hey guys I was looking to buy a body kit and I fell in love with the rocket bunny kit for the 180sx! The only co. I found selling it was RHDJ but they want 6k to have it shipped to my house! Any other vendors for this kit?
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #1172
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
How the hell do you install a new door window in a s13 with power windows? I got the old one out (by it breaking. lol) and the whole slider assembly. but i have no idea how to get it back in, and all hooked up.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #1173
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubnyc View Post
I recently have an issue....its a 92 240 KA24DE yadayada anywhoo...car about a month ago got a tune up with new plugs/fuel filter/oil change/tranny and diff fluid. I usually run Shell gas in the car....few days ago...i had to put a different brand of gas in the car(Sheetz) and yesterday i was driving and came to a light and it was shaking and sounded like a WRX..the first cylinder is dead...plug wire is fine and plugs are fine..my guess in the fuel injector is clogged? only problem with the car is the leaky valve seals but thats it. is there anyway to test this fuel injector like quick way? i dont have a DMM..thanks!! im hoping its not a dead cylinder...
I also only use Shell V-power in my S13 daily. It runs like a top on that stuff. I was forced to use a tank of anothers stations gas and my car ran like complete shit. Bogged, idled crappily at times, and just was really out of its norm. Shell V-power is the shit.

Have you tried putting your regular gas in there? I was almost ready to start diagnosing my issues, but realized the only thing that had changed was using different gas. I got a tank of V-power back in it, and it runs swell again. Just a thought.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #1174
dued
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
dued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymoredued is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How can I remove the chrome pieces on the silvia grille (circled), are they glued? I'm painting my grille & I need to remove these.

dued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #1175
h815 240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
h815 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Hey guys I was looking to buy a body kit and I fell in love with the rocket bunny kit for the 180sx! The only co. I found selling it was RHDJ but they want 6k to have it shipped to my house! Any other vendors for this kit?
try touge factory. i know they just got some stuff in but not exactly sure what.
h815 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #1176
Nizmo_max
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Nizmo_max is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
what is bulb size or replacement bulb for the 97 240sx fog lights? I will be ordering hid for them, just wanted to know the bulb spec thing.
H3 is the bulb size for the fogs..but i was told if you get the regular H3 hid bulb it MIGHT be too long for it to fit into the fog lamps..I was told you could use H3C bulbs..their the same but just shorter in HID wise so they'll fit into the fog lamps..
Old 04-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #1177
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmo_max View Post
H3 is the bulb size for the fogs..but i was told if you get the regular H3 hid bulb it MIGHT be too long for it to fit into the fog lamps..I was told you could use H3C bulbs..their the same but just shorter in HID wise so they'll fit into the fog lamps..

Thank I will shop around for it . or get very yellow bulbs.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #1178
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
How the hell do you install a new door window in a s13 with power windows? I got the old one out (by it breaking. lol) and the whole slider assembly. but i have no idea how to get it back in, and all hooked up.

you gota have the actuator in and roll it all the way down? then slide the window in? im not sure but if i remember it right thats how i did to mine
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #1179
killer240
Post Whore!

killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
for RB guys

i have a R32 crossmember for my RB20 swap
how do you guys install the P/S hardline that was on the S13 crossmember into the R32 crossmember?

is this all i need to get my A/C working(i have an S13 with RB20)
a/c compressor
bracket
hardline that connects to a/c compressor
and the KA a/c stuff

how do you guys mount your aluminum battery box in the car?

Last edited by killer240; 04-16-2010 at 02:20 PM..
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #1180
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
I also only use Shell V-power in my S13 daily. It runs like a top on that stuff. I was forced to use a tank of anothers stations gas and my car ran like complete shit. Bogged, idled crappily at times, and just was really out of its norm. Shell V-power is the shit.

Have you tried putting your regular gas in there? I was almost ready to start diagnosing my issues, but realized the only thing that had changed was using different gas. I got a tank of V-power back in it, and it runs swell again. Just a thought.
Yea i use ONLY shell and the culprit to the dead cylinder was a clogged injector i was so happy lol i need the dual cam to hold for another month or 2 until i go SR
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #1181
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Silly question:

What manufacture T-Bolt clamp would you recommend? This will be used on radiator hoses, not intercooler/turbo plumbing.

Figured I replace my stock clamps with something 'better' since I'm doing all my cooling system.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #1182
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
i need to buy new aero, but i dont have all the money for a full kit. my car is getting painted and so i need to know what to buy. currently my front bumper has scratches on it, and my back bumper has a melt-hole from a bad fitting exhaust. should i buy side skirts and rear bumper, f/r bumper, sides and front, or what? which would be the best, i dont wanna save up and have to have it fully resprayed again when the parts come in, but i can deal with some mismatched parts like different shade sideskirts later. what would look best tho?

s13 hatch. looking at vertex kit for the durability and fitment, i dont want exploding body parts lol
chiboy002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #1183
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
just buy the front and rear bumper first if you have to. mismatched sideskirts wouldnt be as noticeable, but a mismatched bumper is going to look like shit.

why dont you just hold off on paint until you have the whole kit?
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #1184
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Any tips on how to calm down some of the noise and vibrations on s14 after stiffer mounts? I got megan mounts, and my hood and trunk rattle the most, front bumper too. But trunk and hood is what I mainly notice. I was expecting vibrations, but I thought it would've been mainly interior not outside.
Checked bolts on trunk and hood hinges and all seem tight
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #1185
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
When I first put my Kazama mounts on my old car, I spent a week listening around the cabin/interior for loose stuff and bolted them down as much as I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #1186
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
just buy the front and rear bumper first if you have to. mismatched sideskirts wouldnt be as noticeable, but a mismatched bumper is going to look like shit.

why dont you just hold off on paint until you have the whole kit?
that's what i want to do but im getting it painted from my dad's friend, who works at a body shop and does paint. so im on his time and now mine, i don't wanna ask him for more time when he's doing me a huge favor

but yeah, thanks alot, so ill get the bumpers
Old 04-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #1187
chiboy002
Post Whore!

i know this is a super stupid ass question. but how the fuck do i get the relays off the 240sx s13 passenger side box. it looks like it has a clip, but that clip wont come off... i tried with a screwdriver and all over things, i dont wanna break it...
Old 04-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #1188
RentonD
Leaky Injector

RentonD is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone send me a picture of a battery tie down? I have no idea how the J-hooks are supposed to go.

1995 S14 240SX. Thanks.
RentonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #1189
sentiumprogram
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sentiumprogram is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can anyone show me how to read FN01r-c?

I was buying a set of wheels off of a guy and couldnt read the lug spacing

I know how to read the offset & diameter/width size.

There was also a number 125 stamped on it. What does that mean? isnt that supposed to be the lug spacing? The guy swears it was 114.3.
sentiumprogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #1190
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
right when i turn my car off there is a moaning animal sound and then a bubbling/fizzing sound for about a second each coming from somewhere in the engine bay. any ideas what the hell it is? redtop/t25/smic/exedy oem/s13
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #1191
_jake

_jake is an unknown quantity at this point
can someone explain how a cusco bolt in cage works?

is there like a flat piece of metal that bolts to the bottom of the chassis that acts as a mounting point?
_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #1192
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
the cage should come with plates that look the same as the mounting points on each leg. you need to mock the cage up to get a good fit and drill holes where the cage bolts need to go through. then you throw the cage back in and use the plates on the outside of the car to sandwich the car's metal between the cage and plate. put some sealant on the plates (like RTV) and bolt them up. done.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:32 AM   #1193
240rider95sx

240rider95sx is an unknown quantity at this point
ok while im driving my both my blinkers come on for jsut a sec, then they go off and my high beams come on for just a sec and then they go off. prob does it every 2 mins while im driving. really annyoing. i have no clue what could be wrong????
240rider95sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #1194
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentonD View Post
Can anyone send me a picture of a battery tie down? I have no idea how the J-hooks are supposed to go.

1995 S14 240SX. Thanks.
The hook end hooks on the tray. The bolt end bolt to the strap across the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentiumprogram View Post
Can anyone show me how to read FN01r-c?

I was buying a set of wheels off of a guy and couldnt read the lug spacing

I know how to read the offset & diameter/width size.

There was also a number 125 stamped on it. What does that mean? isnt that supposed to be the lug spacing? The guy swears it was 114.3.
On the barrel (side that is covered by the tire), they put a 114.3 sticker on it. As for the back of the hub face, I don't recall...and I was just painting mine this weekend. Damn. I can look tonight if that doesn't help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom25666 View Post
right when i turn my car off there is a moaning animal sound and then a bubbling/fizzing sound for about a second each coming from somewhere in the engine bay. any ideas what the hell it is? redtop/t25/smic/exedy oem/s13
Pressure leaving the system?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #1195
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
will having a wablro 255 fuel pump for my KA get me worse gas milage than a stock pump?

will it use more gas? im trying to be fuel efficeint here.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #1196
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
^ yeah it will use more gas but if your engine is stock why not get another oem pump?
unless you plan to boost or something....
icedsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #1197
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Will a powersteering bracket from an s14 sr work on a s13 sr?

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #1198
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedsole View Post
^ yeah it will use more gas but if your engine is stock why not get another oem pump?
unless you plan to boost or something....
i just pulled the sr out of my car(blew up) and put in a ka(cheap!) so the pumps been in for years, i have to find an oem one....cars been running rich and i was wondering if this could be the culprit.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #1199
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
^highly doubt its the fuel pump. check out the ka you put in, as that is most likely the culprit.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #1200
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
can i use 89-91 SOHC blinkers on my JDM s13 front bumper are they interchangeable ?
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote