Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #12031
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This magazine still exists....

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #12032
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
New issue? PERFECT!!! Had to skip the Honda one. Ugghhhhh
Old 06-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #12033
alwaysSlideways

Trader Rating: (0)
alwaysSlideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
New issue? PERFECT!!! Had to skip the Honda one. Ugghhhhh
someone needs to make civics cool again so people stop breaking into our 240's...
alwaysSlideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #12034
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysSlideways View Post
someone needs to make civics cool again so people stop breaking into our 240's...
Get Ken Block, Chris Fourseburg, Ryan Turek, Vaughn, and/or Dai to slide one around a curve and they'll be great again.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #12035
alwaysSlideways

alwaysSlideways is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Get Ken Block, Chris Fourseburg, Ryan Turek, Vaughn, and/or Dai to slide one around a curve and they'll be great again.
we are going to need a lot of trays from mcdonalds...
alwaysSlideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #12036
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysSlideways View Post

They break into both. Source: Had my Honda stolen, watched many 240s get jacked during the same time.

Fuck, that magazine cover reads like clickbait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #12037
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
They break into both. Source: Had my Honda stolen, watched many 240s get jacked during the same time.

Fuck, that magazine cover reads like clickbait.

The magazine is click bait. It's about 30 pages long, full of advertisements and spam from garbage Chinese companies. Articles read like a 12 year old wrote them, rarely include any interesting details, there are never FAQs or guides or comparisons and the half naked girls are gone.

So essentially we have Jalopnick for 6th graders.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #12038
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
The magazine is entertaining. Not a boring read, the equivalent of an owner's manual of a car that I don't own and probably never will. Most of the big budget builds are builds that I'll never get into. And, at no point has SS been a rich source of FAQ and detailed info, and to expect it now would be ridiculous

fixed it for you
Old 06-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #12039
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
fixed it for you
doublefix'd

http://www.driftlifemagazine.com/
Old 06-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #12040
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
fixed it for you

Sorry, you didn't. It's a horrible piece of journalism. It's never amusing, fun. It's become the embodiment of the Hoolingan advertising campaign.

Their JDM issue made want to vomit. Nothing Japanese about it.

The greater issue is also how we lost all the actually decent rags. Modified, SCC, Import Tuner, Turbo, Import Racer, etc.

I have old SS laying around. The magazine doesn't even come close to them.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #12041
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Hoonibro wank mag.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:33 AM   #12042
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
I should just make a magazine that is full of garbage cars for drift missile hoonibros

"What combo of stickers will make you look super swaggy for the haters and how many hoonigan hellaflush fitted cambergang illest stickers SHOULD YOU PUT ON YOUR WINDSHIELD!? FIND OUT ON PAGE 5!"

What mismatched body panel colors and zip tie colors will get THE MOST IG LIKES foryour SWEET PROJECT BUILD BRO? CHECK OUT THE TOP LIKED CHOICES ON PAGE 6!"
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:55 AM   #12043
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Sorry, you didn't. It's a horrible piece of journalism. It's never amusing, fun. It's become the embodiment of the Hoolingan advertising campaign.

Their JDM issue made want to vomit. Nothing Japanese about it.

The greater issue is also how we lost all the actually decent rags. Modified, SCC, Import Tuner, Turbo, Import Racer, etc.

I have old SS laying around. The magazine doesn't even come close to them.
It's ALWAYS amusing. Sure, there's no Sharon Sotto, no JDM Wong, No Ricky or Nads and I don't think they have Teitsu's tales anymore, but you know what they DO have? Drift coverage. Stancy pants cars. A host of stuff from mackin industries, which is always awesome. And you can't knock a publication for their advertising. I mean, it's not an independent rag. It's just a subsidiary of the Primedia giant. So stop getting all self righteous about your favorite child hood mag and accept that with corporation comes a bit of poo. And not for nothing, IT, SCC, and Modified were all sister publications. And had the general public found them as interesting as SS, they'd still be here. We all miss them. Well, not IT...that kinda always sucked. It's just had more of the nudies. But, SCC and Modified were awesome and informal. I miss them. But, can't cry over spilled milk. HOLY RANT BATMAN!!!!! I just DIW

Oh, those spine blurbs do suck now. They're so pop-ish.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:00 AM   #12044
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

So essentially we have Jalopnick for 6th graders.
Easily the best thing ever said on this forum. Thank you
Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 AM   #12045
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Import Tuner, Modified, and Honda Tuning were all chosen to die so that Super Street could live. Sad indeed. Super Street always had the least amount of useful content (primarily girls and lots of toilet humor) but I usually liked their cars the best since I am a ricer at heart. When you consider the target market for a magazine like that, I guess it makes sense that is the one they kept around.

I miss writing for Modified (and the extra scratch for the car, lol.) Modified was always my favorite magazine- minimal girls with tasteful cars and useful information. Sport Compact Car was great as well.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:36 AM   #12046
derek king
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
derek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enoughderek king will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
All you dorks talking about car mags and shit and im over here like bring BMX Plus back.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #12047
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Import Tuner, Modified, and Honda Tuning were all chosen to die so that Super Street could live.
IIRC Honda Tuning was actually pretty fucking sweet :/ my my how the time flys
Old 06-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #12048
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
IIRC Honda Tuning was actually pretty fucking sweet :/ my my how the time flys
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #12049
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Import Tuner, Modified, and Honda Tuning were all chosen to die so that Super Street could live. Sad indeed. Super Street always had the least amount of useful content (primarily girls and lots of toilet humor) but I usually liked their cars the best since I am a ricer at heart. When you consider the target market for a magazine like that, I guess it makes sense that is the one they kept around.

I miss writing for Modified (and the extra scratch for the car, lol.) Modified was always my favorite magazine- minimal girls with tasteful cars and useful information. Sport Compact Car was great as well.
This.

msg lngth
Old 06-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #12050
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
http://speedwarhouse.com/products/2006-cayman-s
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #12051
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Fuck Ziff Davis. They've taken from me every single magazine I'd ever subscribed to.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #12052
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
All you dorks talking about car mags and shit and im over here like bring BMX Plus back.
dude YES. messagelength
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #12053
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Modified was easily the best one out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
That was a great mag. I have not read it in probably 10 years though.
Quote:

Old 06-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #12054
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I was thinking that Project Car was pretty cool. Lots of informative articles....

Ch

sent from knee deep in snow
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #12055
GoodShow

GoodShow is an unknown quantity at this point
So much hate for a magazine. I still enjoy reading magazines, especially when I am on a plane, or something like that. The photos in Super Street are not half bad, and their coverage isn't half bad, do I like seeing Raceland Coilover adds? NO, do I miss car models all over the cars? not reaaally. Now if they put the girls from the Low rider magazines in one of the features or something that would be interesting, or worth giving a damn about. Most import models have the bodies of prepubescent 13 year old Asian boys with a pound of make up spackled on their face and a boob job, even worse are the interviews they had with these girls " so what do you like? " " um, I like shiny things, that cost a lot of monies" " I'm actually smart, I going to college to have a business, here is what I like to eat" Who needs that junk in an age of instagram where dudes can be creeps online? I think putting girls all over your car actually devalues the appeal of it.

As far as the writing not being great, I am just glad there are still Import publications, I grew up reading all of the mentioned magazines, and like it or not they influence people, for better or worse, and in an age where less and less young people express interest in cars, we need all the exposure and support that the media can provide.
GoodShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #12056
GoodShow

So much hate for a magazine. I still enjoy reading magazines, especially when I am on a plane, or something like that. The photos in Super Street are not half bad, and their coverage isn't half bad, do I like seeing Raceland Coilover adds? NO, do I miss car models all over the cars? not reaaally. Now if they put the girls from the Low rider magazines in one of the features or something that would be interesting, or worth giving a damn about. Most import models have the bodies of prepubescent 13 year old Asian boys with a pound of make up spackled on their face and a boob job, even worse are the interviews they had with these girls " so what do you like? " " um, I like shiny things, that cost a lot of monies" " I'm actually smart, I going to college to have a business, here is what I like to eat" Who needs that junk in an age of instagram where dudes can be creeps online? I think putting girls all over your car actually devalues the appeal of it.

As far as the writing not being great, I am just glad there are still Import publications, I grew up reading all of the mentioned magazines, and like it or not they influence people, for better or worse, and in an age where less and less young people express interest in cars, we need all the exposure and support that the media can provide.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #12057
GoodShow

Sorry for DIW with the double post, zilvia was super lagging.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:48 PM   #12058
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Really wish this would die off

ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #12059
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
i think that's sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
Old 06-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #12060
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellopuppet View Post
Really wish this would die off

As soon as all the owners crash and die. Sadly it will take the chassis with it.
Quote: