Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #1201
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #1202
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Lip low
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #1203
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that wheel tucks VERY deep.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #1204
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #1205
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That's a different take on Sexy Style...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #1206
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Thats off their blog, hahaha.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #1207
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Really? HAHA That's awesome...Street cred confirmed...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #1208
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
that ain't no street driving
i have a dvd with some older footage of them street driving though
Old 10-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #1209
bentmode360
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
bentmode360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thumbs up

how many of you guys a drooping the rear springs?
bentmode360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #1210
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm pretty sure you have to, unless you extend your top hat mounts.

I'm drooping mine.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #1211
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
couldnt you buy shorter springs?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #1212
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Buying shorter springs wouldn't change anything in terms of car height/droop, unless the rear spring is too long even after removing collars. On my car, the car can be sitting on its ass before that happens, but it would also mean that the shock piston has like no travel; resulting in blown shocks prematurely.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #1213
bentmode360
Zilvia Member

bentmode360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to, unless you extend your top hat mounts.

I'm drooping mine.
lol because i wont feel safe if nobody else is doin it. is there any loud noises coming from the drooped rear?
bentmode360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #1214
!Zar!
Post Whore!

If you're drooping the spring, when you enter/exit driveways, speedbumps, anything that makes your suspension articulate will cause your spring to make a popping noise as it seats on the spring perches.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #1215
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
so whats the solution without drooping?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #1216
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
shorter damper bodies.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #1217
Wake
Premium Member

I was gonna ask that, but wasnt sure.

do companies offer thos or would it be smarter to just go with a company that is already making a "low" coil.

For example What makes KTS so much lower than others? are "lower" coils just designed with that in mind?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #1218
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I was gonna ask that, but wasnt sure.

do companies offer thos or would it be smarter to just go with a company that is already making a "low" coil.

For example What makes KTS so much lower than others? are "lower" coils just designed with that in mind?
as long as the diameter and thread pitch are the same i don't see why you wouldn't be able to swap some different ones in. you'd probably have to get them re-valved of corse.

they must put some thought into making them go low.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #1219
Popscribble
Zilvia Addict

Popscribble is an unknown quantity at this point
!Zar!-How much sag are you running on your coil?
Popscribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #1220
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
S14 guys have it so much better.. The shock tower is so high from the knuckle it really doesn't matter how long your shock body is, on an S13 however, if the coils weren't "designed to go low" you're gonna have to droop the spring an inch or two then blow your dampeners 2 weeks later
Old 10-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #1221
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popscribble View Post
!Zar!-How much sag are you running on your coil?
5" of sag in rear (I think?) with KTS coilovers threaded as far into the shock body as they will allow.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #1222
Popscribble
Zilvia Addict

Popscribble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
5" of sag in rear (I think?) with KTS coilovers threaded as far into the shock body as they will allow.
Good god I hope that's on an s14!!!
Popscribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #1223
!Zar!
Post Whore!

S13, Still plenty of damper travel. Keep in mind these are the older ones. KTS made some shorter ones that make life easier.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #1224
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

this thing was gorgeous. glad i got to see it.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #1225
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
S14 guys have it so much better.. The shock tower is so high from the knuckle it really doesn't matter how long your shock body is, on an S13 however, if the coils weren't "designed to go low" you're gonna have to droop the spring an inch or two then blow your dampeners 2 weeks later
I really wish people would stop spreading misinformation around like this.

I've had plenty of S13s with sagged springs and I have yet to blow any coilover shock. Some of my coilovers had over 50k on them (transferred from other cars)

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #1226
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I really wish people would stop spreading misinformation around like this.

I've had plenty of S13s with sagged springs and I have yet to blow any coilover shock. Some of my coilovers had over 50k on them (transferred from other cars)
lol sorry, I had emotor coils on my car and they held up till I sagged the springs about 3 inches and they blew at a drift event.. Of course this was with ebay coils. I have pbm's now and I can tuck rim without sagging the springs at all if I feel like it. I was just posting from personal experience.

Last edited by pacotaco345; 10-16-2011 at 08:53 PM..
pacotaco345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #1227
kriss
Leaky Injector

kriss is an unknown quantity at this point
kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #1228
chitownguy
Zilvia Junkie

chitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to allchitownguy is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to chitownguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplejesse View Post
this thing was gorgeous. glad i got to see it.

This is my friend Matt's car. Really cool, I like it better than his previous cars, for sure.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #1229
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I saw that ^^^ at wekfest yesterday it was awesome.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #1230
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
He needs to polish those Gottis!
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote