Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #1231
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
If they give you a bogus money order or chashiers check it's considered theft. You can file with your insurance company.

Someone has recently mentioned the concern of getting a could hundred bogus bills mixed in with a cahd transaction. I never thought of that.
I had a friend who sold a dirt bike recently who took cash and had counterfeit bills mixed in. I have also heard of counterfeit cashiers checks. When I have shown people the car I meet up at a designated "safe spot" that the city has set up for selling used cars. The safe spot is just a grocery store parking lot but there is a police station just a few blocks away. Also my bank is literally across the street.

Had a few people flake out and not show, no biggie I live about 1 mile away. What is annoying is I have had one guy show up and try to haggle me down $500, I already said the price and told him over the phone I am not going to haggle. He then says to wait and he will go to the bank, he comes back and overs me $300 more instead of the 500. I told him to kick rocks, I am not desperate for the money or to get rid of the car, I am already giving a very fair price for it.

Had another guy show up with the cash and I said it is his, just follow me over to the bank (literally across the street) and after I get a cashiers check or deposit the cash the title is yours (I had a printed out agreement for this as well just to make the potential buyer feels safe). He called me racist even though (I hate to play the black friend card..) my best bud who was with me at the spot is black as midnight (always have a homie with you when selling cars). Also had a "friend of a friend" who is a white tweaker say he was interested and try to offer me illicit "things" for the car... No thanks bro. Lots of scum bags love impala's but should just buy a caprice.

I don't understand what the big deal about going to the bank is for some people if they want the car square and fair. I almost want to take their ass to the dmv too and make sure they change the title the day of because I just had another friend have to deal with selling a car and the buyer not changing the title, the car getting towed, and my buddy luckily didn't have to pay because he kept the paper work (bill of sale) but it is still a hassle because the tow company and impound lot contacted him with bills because the buyer didn't transfer the title.

Selling a used car to a private party is a bitch these days, especially when it is sought after by blue collar tweakers and wannabe gangsters. I will probably just wait and trade it in for peanuts to avoid the hassle of all these wannabe swindlers. Grumpy as fuck, some of my friends are saying I am being a bitch about selling it (not meeting at my house, meeting at the safe spot, going to the bank to deposit or withdrawl, ect), f*ck that, I gave a fair price for a BEAST of a car (it is totally stock, lt1 ss impala is a beast production car) that is in very decent condition, these little ho's think they need to get one over on someone to feel good about it instead of being a man and making a square deal.

Last edited by keioffice; 05-27-2019 at 01:46 PM..
keioffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2019, 06:12 PM   #1232
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just go to office max and get a bill checker marker for $8. Has a blacklight on the cap too to check for washed bills.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:19 AM   #1233
keioffice
Zilvia Member

keioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymorekeioffice is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Just go to office max and get a bill checker marker for $8. Has a blacklight on the cap too to check for washed bills.
(I know your post was probably not directly targeting me but...)Yea, let me sit here and mark 30+ 100 dollar bills when the bank is across the street. For small purchases fine i guess, and probably good advice but for multiple thousands? Yea I am taking the buyer to the bank, no reason not to go unless they have something to hide. Love to see the face of the fine fellows I tried to sell this car to if I tried to put a marker on their bills...
Old 05-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #1234
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you do realize that you can stack money in a way that a little bit is exposed on top of each other and mark bills that way with one line in under a minute? i have never seen someone throw a fit checking money via a pen. this isnt hard.

yes. counterfeiters will take their fake bills and mix them in with legit money. greater chance of them not getting caught. some counter fitters will even do 1s, 5s, and 10s as they dont have the vertical stripe on them (easier to get away with).
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:41 AM   #1235
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
you do realize that you can stack money in a way that a little bit is exposed on top of each other and mark bills that way with one line in under a minute? i have never seen someone throw a fit checking money via a pen. this isnt hard.

yes. counterfeiters will take their fake bills and mix them in with legit money. greater chance of them not getting caught. some counter fitters will even do 1s, 5s, and 10s as they dont have the vertical stripe on them (easier to get away with).
(again not sure if this is directed at my posts but...)lmao, I have never seen anyone throw a fit about going to a bank before I tried to sell this car. It isn't hard, it is just hard for people to be straight up because some folks feel the need to get one over on someone so they can feel good. Same people who wouldn't go to the bank are not going to let me mark their bills. Was just making a point about the bs you deal with trying to sell a used car now-a-days. I am not sure if you are familiar with the type of folks who like this car (ss impala), nothing to do with race before some one tries to call that out, it draws from the bottom of the barrel of all. Small purchases yea a marker is a good idea, if you are talking thousands I am taking your ass to the bank, I don't see the issue unless they have something to hide.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:27 AM   #1236
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Eh I’ve marked up to $5500 as a seller and if the buyer can’t understand that then yeah they’re probably nervous about being found out.

You might have better luck having someone meet you at the bank during the day as opposed to having to go through the test drive process and checking out the car and striking a deal and then asking them to follow you there.
I’ve had a seller do that to me before and it was annoying to want to leave with the car I paid for but him making us drive another 5-15 minutes to a local bank, making the teller count it out in front of him twice and then run it through the machine twice and then individually inspect each bill himself. Just another 30-60 minutes of sitting around on top of an already long process of buying a used car.

I can see where you’re coming from though especially if you or someone you know has been ripped before.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 AM   #1237
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Those pens can be fooled if you spray the bills with something that has starch in it, like hairspray

Quote:

5's and 10's do have a vertical stripe.

See each bills stripe is a different color and on a different spot on the bill
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:57 PM   #1238
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
You might have better luck having someone meet you at the bank during the day as opposed to having to go through the test drive process and checking out the car and striking a deal and then asking them to follow you there.
Das bank is across the street my dude, LITERALLY, I already said this... I know it may be annoying but I don't take cash in hand before the sale is done or hold the buyer hostage. Basically I have snuffed out a few scammers and they got mad about it, people who are scared to go to the bank should go to church.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:59 AM   #1239
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Tips for craigslist:
-Be very detailed, but to the point in your post. Cover bases so you don't get annoying questions later
-A lot of you may disagree but callers are generally more ready to buy than texters. Don't spend too much effort on texters (this is moreso for cars/expensive shit)
-If you do discuss meeting up with people, tell them straight up what you want for it or tell them at least what you WON'T take for it. Their rebuttal will tell you all you need to know about whether to proceed with meeting.
-Google names, numbers, email addresses, search them on facebook, etc.
-Meet in public, bring a friend and/or a gun.
-Get a bill marker or go to a bank to verify funds if you aren't comfortable, but have that figured out prior, don't be a prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by keioffice View Post
Das bank is across the street my dude, LITERALLY, I already said this... I know it may be annoying but I don't take cash in hand before the sale is done or hold the buyer hostage. Basically I have snuffed out a few scammers and they got mad about it, people who are scared to go to the bank should go to church.
If the bank is open and it's convenient, as a buyer I would oblige. If you try to make me meet back up with you later though, I'd be pretty not down. Maybe counterfeit funds are a bigger issue around you.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:18 AM   #1240
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I sold some 240 parts on OfferUp the other day and the 240 owner showed up on time and paid me with real money with no haggling/whining/asking "what's the lowest"

WUT
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #1241
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I sold some 240 parts on OfferUp the other day and the 240 owner showed up on time and paid me with real money with no haggling/whining/asking "what's the lowest"

WUT
While I've dealt with those 240 owners most people I've sold shit to don't really haggle, but they're always like 1.5 hours late lol. When I first got into cars I'd haggle but then I realized it wasn't worth it to annoy someone over whats essentially the price of a big mac.

I bought a dash from a guy this weekend (also on Offerup) and HE was the one that kept dropping the price lol, I was just ready to hand him the cash. Started at 175 and somehow ended up at 150 I'm not complaining, just means I got a better deal. Ended up taking it out myself and now I'm the proud owner of a crackless dash and mint defroster vents.

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:19 AM   #1242
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
While I've dealt with those 240 owners most people I've sold shit to don't really haggle, but they're always like 1.5 hours late lol. When I first got into cars I'd haggle but then I realized it wasn't worth it to annoy someone over whats essentially the price of a big mac.

I bought a dash from a guy this weekend (also on Offerup) and HE was the one that kept dropping the price lol, I was just ready to hand him the cash. Started at 175 and somehow ended up at 150 I'm not complaining, just means I got a better deal. Ended up taking it out myself and now I'm the proud owner of a crackless dash and mint defroster vents.
Dude probably plugged you cause you were reasonable to deal with. I've had it happen to me, and I've done it for others. The weirdest shit for me is when people tip/tell me to keep the change. I usually don't unless they truly insist, which is flattering.

Dealing with those 240 owners is the worst. I just ignore their texts lol
Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #1243
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
^ Wish there were more guys like y'all.
Good Lord. Dealing with people's dumbness when trying to sell something on CL can be super annoying even when you are crystal clear on details/price etc.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #1244
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Good Lord. Dealing with people's dumbness when trying to sell something on CL can be super annoying even when you are crystal clear on details/price etc.
yep. other than haggling, reading comprehension (or just reading in general) seems to be somewhat absent on CL. i wrote out a very detailed ad for my car, i can tell no one is reading it because the questions they asked me are in the ad itself. i understand its 'long', but its long for a reason.

at this point in time, i am starting to wonder if my ad should just say: "i know you arent going to read the shit i type, so you get 5 questions." lol
Old 05-30-2019, 09:50 AM   #1245
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
yep. other than haggling, reading comprehension (or just reading in general) seems to be somewhat absent on CL. i wrote out a very detailed ad for my car, i can tell no one is reading it because the questions they asked me are in the ad itself. i understand its 'long', but its long for a reason.

at this point in time, i am starting to wonder if my ad should just say: "i know you arent going to read the shit i type, so you get 5 questions." lol
Like you told me, just use a marker bro... Its so easy, no issue just mark all their bills bro instead of going to the bank, it isn't hard.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:05 AM   #1246
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

not my fault you cant figure out something so simple. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 05-30-2019, 11:09 AM   #1247
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
not my fault you cant figure out something so simple. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not my fault you don't understand self contradiction..
Old 05-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #1248
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with the person above. I aint using a marker when you can go to a bank.
I sold a downhill mtn bike at the bank because it was 1500. The buyer was surprised when I asked him to have the funds checked inside.
Like what did you think was going to happen when I asked to meet in a bank parking lot lol
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #1249
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
I sold a downhill mtn bike at the bank because it was 1500. The buyer was surprised when I asked him to have the funds checked inside.
Like what did you think was going to happen when I asked to meet in a bank parking lot lol
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #1250
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
^So you just agree with yourself. Hmm!
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:33 AM   #1251
Farzam
Post Whore!

Grumpy cause damnit my car isn't low enough

Lowered it an inch in the rear, pulled out camber (changed offset from -9 rear to +5), now my shit is still the same height lol
Old 05-31-2019, 06:22 AM   #1252
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Grumpy cause damnit my car isn't low enough

Lowered it an inch in the rear, pulled out camber (changed offset from -9 rear to +5), now my shit is still the same height lol
Meh.

Obviously not old. You'll one day raise it up so you can actually drive hard and in comfort.

Nothing is as sexy as old school muscle stance.

Wheel wells filled, low belt line, high floor and plenty of clearance.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:47 PM   #1253
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Meh.

Obviously not old. You'll one day raise it up so you can actually drive hard and in comfort.
My jalop isn't that low. pre-2018 me woulda gotten 215/35 225/35 and slammed the shit as low as I could have. 2018+ me is grown, sophisticated, refined. My coilovers still have plenty of thread to go down. Now I buy 40 sidewall front tires.

I just wanted it a little lower cause I'm towing the car to VA to Springfest this weekend. Stephen is gonna be there, very excited for him to see the car after all these years and changes.

The older I get, the more I wish my car had wipers, A/C, heat, carpet, a passenger seat, mirrors that are useful, etc. BUT I find solace in the spirit of the drive. I have an e36 sedan I am planning to build as my comfortable mountain carver.

Speaking of BMW's, my old E46 M3 track car was up for sale for cheap. Pretty much bone stock now but if I wasn't in LA at the time I would have snatched it up for nostalgia's sake/to resell lol
Old 06-01-2019, 06:29 PM   #1254
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I like it a whole lot when people who you know know better try to lowball you on your LMGT4s. One of the chief reasons being that they're 17" and therefore not as desirable. Oh yeah man, take a chunk out and ask me to cover shipping. I wasn't aware 9j+22 was so unpopular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post

My jalop isn't that low. pre-2018 me woulda gotten 215/35 225/35 and slammed the shit as low as I could have. 2018+ me is grown, sophisticated, refined. My coilovers still have plenty of thread to go down. Now I buy 40 sidewall front tires.

Dude 100%. I want my car to be low but I also want to get my money's worth out of my tires and enjoy the ride. I got a set of Hipermax GTs for my S15 and they're seriously the shit. They were having a great sale so I got them for a fraction of the cost. The quality and precision put into the EVERYTHING they do is fucking radical. The manual (not generic, S15 specific), the engraved spanner wrenches that aren't some eBay shit, and the fact that HKS has preset them from the jump is super cool. They have a blurb in the manual that basically reads as follows:

"Yo dawg, u know we car scientists n shit. After all our experiments we think this preset height and dampening works well with this size wheel and tire. We got u fam. Throw this prescription on the car and ur gonna b fukken sikkkkk dawgieeee."

I went lower than the prescribed height, but holy shit man these are the most comfortable coilovers I've ever owned. I avoid a lot of 'big name' shit but HKS has hooked me.

Now that I'm done telling y'all I've seen the light, back to your topic: my car is low enough to look 'alright' but still to the point where my tires (in my opinion) are too big but I don't rub or hit anywhere even when driving..hastily.

...I still wish it was lower though. Cons of being a pussy I suppose.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #1255
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy- View Post
It is either people take it personal or they are scammers, It isn't hard to go to the bank. You are from the Midwest so you know, I think some of these other posters are probably from Cali where folks are too stupid to not get scammed then they make a thread about it saying oh poor me I got my car/wheels/house jacked and they cry about it instead of not letting it happen in the first place. I don't see the issue at all, it takes all of 10 minutes at most (to go to the bank). I am not selling a Impala ss to some guy with gold teeth without going to the bank, sorry. It is hilarious how much people on the west coast get ripped off and rip each other off so often, then they complain about it, its just the culture out there to low ball and be cheapskates. West coast fools are the ultimate suckers and it is a never ending circle of it, fucking hilarious. 1500$ isn't chump change, and mountain bikes are especially non traceable compared to cars or even dirt bikes (I assume), you were smart to have the bills checked and fuck a marker, that isn't your job, just meet at a bank are a safe used car spot that have been set up around the usa that are next to banks and police offices.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:34 PM   #1256
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
So I was messaging with someone last week on Letgo (oof) trying to by my ZX-6R for sale. He said he wanted to come Thursday but I work so we settled on Friday. He said he was coming from Orlando and I'm in Clearwater (about an hour and a half drive). We get to talking and everything seems fine. Then I tell him to bring cash as I'll have the title ready. Aaaaaaaaand :ghost: lmao

He said he was coming for a test drive.. You think that is free? No rides without cash in hand! :Pewpew:
Old 06-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #1257
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
So I was messaging with someone last week on Letgo (oof) trying to by my ZX-6R for sale. He said he wanted to come Thursday but I work so we settled on Friday. He said he was coming from Orlando and I'm in Clearwater (about an hour and a half drive). We get to talking and everything seems fine. Then I tell him to bring cash as I'll have the title ready. Aaaaaaaaand :ghost: lmao

He said he was coming for a test drive.. You think that is free? No rides without cash in hand! :Pewpew:
Yea, test drive right out of town... Don't know how it is like with Street bikes but a bunch of hillbilly's have been getting ripped off with dirt bikes in recent years with the old test drive routine (People selling bikes to people who live in the city and obviously don't practice/race at an actual track...). I imagine it aint fun selling a bike in Florida, stay safe for real I got lots of stories from the motocross community and selling bikes to people who don't seem to actually ride/race in the past 10 years. Test drive then, SEE YA, good luck getting that back. Even if you find it, police won't do shit, and if you try to get it back you are risking your own lively hood. Or you could just get a marker from office max, it is so easy (sarcasm).
Old 06-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #1258
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

I feel you. I def wouldn't allow it if I got a bad feeling from the guy. But if I got cash in hand then hey, guess you bought it lol. But I would follow on one of my other bikes anyway aha.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #1259
keioffice
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
I feel you. I def wouldn't allow it if I got a bad feeling from the guy. But if I got cash in hand then hey, guess you bought it lol. But I would follow on one of my other bikes anyway aha.
I understand wanting a test drive of course, and look over what they are purchasing. If they want to drive the bike they can leave me their license, or I will hold the cash if they have a friend with them to wait with me (never had a problem with this). Cars are different because if they want to test drive it, well I go with them, with a friend in the back (never had a problem with this either before trying to sell this ss).

Never sold a street bike, I raced/rode motocross though and selling bikes used to not be a big thing until probably 10 years ago and I am not even that old. If someone wants to buy something it isn't hard, but trusting people you don't know WILL get you burned eventually. Selling a street bike in Florida sounds fun...

I am not up on these cellphone/internet apps that probably take the place of Craigslist now-a-days even though I am only 26 years old (young). The convenience makes it even more sketchy, just trying to give a heads up to potential sellers of used goods. Lots of motocross bike sellers have been getting scammed because they trust the buyer. Just some words of wisdom

Having a bike there to follow them is nice, but wait till they lead you into an area you don't want to be riding your bike into. This is a classic story when it comes to motocross bike theft. You are in Florida, come on man you know you don't want to be following folks to some parts of town.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #1260
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

I've had good luck selling wheels on the apps. Facebook marketplace seems to be the best bet for selling the bike doe. I've only received scammy type emails from the CL ad.