Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #1291
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
how did it get that way,
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #1292
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
how did it get that way,
bumper? = manhole cover was sticking 4 inches up from the street, I got about 2 1/2 to 3 inches of ground clearance with my car.

timing being off by 35 degree's? = not entirely too sure, seems it wasn't always like that but I never once loosened the cas while swapping the motor over to my car.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #1293
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
My shitty welding for the intercooler support broke again so it's a matter of time before I'm scraping intercooler again. I'm just going to buy the parts by max high mount intercooler kit and remove my a/c condenser for the time being.

I just got a referee ticket Friday night for Simone heading to all star bash, it's mainly my fault since I tried to avoid a checkpoint. I made a wrong turn trying to take the streets to the caravan spot and didn't want to deal with waiting for the check point to make a u-turn.

None of the shit I got was correctable so I'm not too worried about anything under the hood, I'll pay the fine and continue living life. I did get a modified exhaust ticket which is correctable so I just need to fix that.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #1294
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post

timing being off by 35 degree's? = not entirely too sure, seems it wasn't always like that but I never once loosened the cas while swapping the motor over to my car.
hrm... ( I thought for a second there was something i should learn )
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #1295
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
hrm... ( I thought for a second there was something i should learn )
I'm not too sure if the timing was advanced or if it was retarded. Seemed to be advanced by 35 degrees since the car would boost 10lbs without a load, it's not supposed to be able to do that.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #1296
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Wow, I swear you have the most problematic S14 on Zilvia, haha.

But props for keeping it going after all of that!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #1297
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I haven't updated this in a while, so forgive me.

Nothing new mechanically with the car, been running ok I suppose. I will probably re-do my timing. Took my blow off valve apart and serviced it since it seized again, and now it seems my car isn't even boosting at 10lbs under load for the bov to fire.

I am super surging straight off of the turbo and when it's hot outside the t25 doesn't like it. Car gets all disel truck when I'm at 210 degree's water temp and turbo blows out black smoke during the surges.

Otherwise it doesn't smoke.

Looking to upgrade my cooling setup and do regular maintenence on that, get my oil cooler setup installed and a PBM high mount intercooler kit and a Tial bov to recirc into the system.

anyway on to the pictures.

some asshole on the freeway threw a can of redbull out of their car (un opened) while I was merging onto it @ 75mph. Couldn't avoid it w/o causing an accident so I just took it in full stride.

Sigh, paint hasn't even fully cured yet.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #1298
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
that's a shitty thing there man, a fuckin redbull can

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #1299
jrhgolf23

Trader Rating: (0)
jrhgolf23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that fucking sucks man. fuck redbull anyway.
jrhgolf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #1300
efrain240sx
Leaky Injector

efrain240sx will become famous soon enoughefrain240sx will become famous soon enoughefrain240sx will become famous soon enoughefrain240sx will become famous soon enough
I feel your pain, same thing happen to me except it was a truck that lost its load of gravel all over the 210 onto the 605; my fresh paint was ruined.
efrain240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #1301
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Fuck Wayne, I would have been livid
btw I passed on your PM message
Mike from Plan B is going to stop by the shop
I'll let you know what transpires
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #1302
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Saw the car at Nisei week.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:41 AM   #1303
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
aww man, first a ref ticket, then a redbull can..... and your car aint running right.... well mine is running fine. what numbers is yours putting down? 10psi with no load on it isn't good. before you go bashing people for their cars, you should be sure your is in good working order. otherwise well, you where i am going with this.... have a nice day.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #1304
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
aww man, first a ref ticket, then a redbull can..... and your car aint running right.... well mine is running fine. what numbers is yours putting down? 10psi with no load on it isn't good. before you go bashing people for their cars, you should be sure your is in good working order. otherwise well, you where i am going with this.... have a nice day.
I don't understand your post, did you eat a big warm bowl of glue before adding in your two cents. What's exactly wrong with my car? Because I know you haven't turned a wrench on it.

Everything besides my wipers run just fine, minus the fact the oil seal on the turbo is on it's way out due to me not running a blow off valve ain't SHIT wrong with my car.

So please if you don't have a question about something you need to take to pm because I made you look like an ass in the premie section (note so regular members couldn't see me make an idiot out of you.)

Don't post in my thread again handipants.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #1305
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Saw the car at Nisei week.
Damn long ass drive for you man lol. I hope you enjoyed the show, I would've sat by my car but I came to hang out with friends not inform people about my car sadly. Would've been cool to meet you bro!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #1306
Sam_Well.13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
Sam_Well.13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
damn you swole on that last picture. lol nice build thread sir.

keep us posted.
Sam_Well.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:09 AM   #1307
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Well.13 View Post
damn you swole on that last picture. lol nice build thread sir.

keep us posted.
hah sam, I got a matching gut to go with the pipes at the moment. I'm going to try a crossfit gym up in pasadena, but hopefully with less pull overs about my exhaust.

The guy with the rb25'd datsun @ nisei told me that the cops are ridiculous, he couldn't even tell my car was on when he was next to me...

let me grab some pics from the show.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #1308
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Here are some pics from SR Motorcars Dyno Day. Best 50 dollars I've ever spent, finally got the timing fixed on my car. Guess a bolt was missing from my cas and because my hot pipe touches the cas it was adjusting the timing. It was retarded -5 degree's. I'll post up some videos in a bit.

These wheels were fucking WIDE first ever 5 spoke versions I've ever seen of them since they're always on a corolla or something. But then I saw what was under the hood and almost came.

RB25 with a huge fucking turbo, legit looking engine setup, looks like it was getting the motor installed.

Closer shot to show the big ass 3-4 inch thick intercooler core. Ridiculous.

626 drift in the house.

Joels Autech S13, he took me for a ride down the street in it, GODAMN it's soooo loud. So fun though, n/a sr power.

I'm shitty with names, s14sr with a greddy turbo I think boosting 20 pounds was doing about 280, guess the bov was leaking boost and he was lifting on the dyno.

My turn, had to take the front bumper off to strap it down. lol

After the first run the dude in the car was like something is WAY wrong. I told him timing could be off, it's been weird ever since I went to shadoworks. But again I don't know how my intercooler pipes could've retarded my car -5 degree's.

Timing Adjusted, much better. 15 degree's spot on, my idle is at 12-1500 now (idle screw all the way down) so I'll have to adjust the tps.

It's also boosting 3 pounds less now that the timing is right.

Here is the final dyno, and a 1600x1200 shot of it.

Normally when I drive my car uphill for a while in 100 degree weather the car will start to blow black smoke when the turbo surges, the car smells like burning oil, and the cabin temperatures are unbearable.

After having my timing adjust today, and my spirited drive home.

HOLY FUCK I know it's only 200 horsepower, but seriously it felt like a completely different car. So fast and peppy, and it didn't smell like fucking death or surge twice as much as it normally does, no big clouds of black death smoke when surging. Temps didn't even his 210c like they normally do on hot ass days like this.

Really excited for my car and I can focus on other things for a while.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #1309
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Old 08-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #1310
Silviaracer1988
Zilvia Member

Silviaracer1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
congrads dude, you've been working your ass off and its about time you stress free for awhile.
Silviaracer1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #1311
Om1kron
Post Whore!

oh yeah, spent some money at anplumbing.com

Eventually my engine bay will be filled with this shit.

trying to get Johnny5 wasted.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #1312
s13pignose
Zilvia FREAK!

s13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of lights13pignose is a glorious beacon of light
Looks top notch
s13pignose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #1313
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviaracer1988 View Post
congrads dude, you've been working your ass off and its about time you stress free for awhile.
haha, thanks...

if you watch the video again, you can see my engine doesn't MOVE at all hence when I tell people I have solid ass mounts.

I have SOLID ASS MOUNTS
Old 08-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #1314
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Good for you dude. I know that's a huge weight off your shoulders.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #1315
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipIS3 View Post
I like where this is going
towards horse thief mile or something hopefully.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #1316
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
towards horse thief mile or something hopefully.
Hahaha, I actually lol'd. I'd LOVE to see Wayne at Willow, maybe I'll bring the FD when he goes and we'll pussy-foot our expensive cars around together, leaving plenty of space, obviously.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #1317
Silviaracer1988
Zilvia Member

Silviaracer1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
with those solid mounts does it make the car vibrate alot under heavy throttle?
Silviaracer1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #1318
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviaracer1988 View Post
with those solid mounts does it make the car vibrate alot under heavy throttle?
No, super smooth on the throttle/up in the revs, vibrates a bit at idle though. If your car vibrates under load you've got detonation issues my friend.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #1319
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
No, super smooth on the throttle/up in the revs, vibrates a bit at idle though. If your car vibrates under load you've got detonation issues my friend.
haha that made me lol... yeah car is butter smooth as long as it's over 1500 rpms... sadly once the timing was corrected and idle screw is all the way in, idle is sitting at 1200 for some reason.

I've been too lazy to adjust the tps because I actually like the idle up there. But it does make the car a tad bit more annoying at stops.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #1320
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Hahaha, I actually lol'd. I'd LOVE to see Wayne at Willow, maybe I'll bring the FD when he goes and we'll pussy-foot our expensive cars around together, leaving plenty of space, obviously.
I don't think I've ever seen pictures of your FD. Post some.