Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #1291
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Same here its starting to grow on me also, but i just can't get over the heaviness of the car, so i really can't want to see what nissan has to offer i really hope its sweet and they give an announcement at the Chi town auto show.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 AM   #1292
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
uh...just kinda curious...why would you want a chassis and chassis technology that was engineered in the 1980s??? (yes i know the S15 was put into production in mid 98...but its based on a chassis that was engineered, designed and released in 1988)

S15 is nice and all...but honestly...how many of you have actually DRIVEN a FM platform car??? it puts the S chassis to shame

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:27 AM   #1293
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Take the S15 body and put it on the FM platform, whatever, just don't make it weigh 3500 pounds. If you're talking about a 350Z, I've driven one, and nothing about that car impressed me, neither visually nor performance-wise. Maybe the 370Z and the GT-R are great performers, but aesthetics play just as important a role to me, and as far as looks go I haven't truly liked any car from Nissan since the S15.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #1294
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
oi...it just seems to me everyones so hung up on the old S chassis that anything NEW nissan brings out is instantly frowned upon because its new and different

personally im in love with both the 350z and G35...and i cant wait to see how nissan applies their design skills to a new 240sx replacement and BMW 1 series fighter in the years to come...especially when they shave some weight off the FM platform and stick a 4 cyl turbo motor in it

Old 12-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #1295
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
350z outperforms most modified s13's u see STOCK. maybe the one u drove was defective
Old 12-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #1296
ChiSleepyEyes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ChiSleepyEyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChiSleepyEyes
i think the 350 was a great performer, maybe a little on the heavy side, but why not just update an s13 with sport seats, more visually appealing interior, get rid of the flips, and offer more than one engine, 4cyl turbo or 6cyl NA. i dnno maybe add a cupholder or two lol. Other improvements may include GPS, functional HUD that wont go out when it feels like it, and maybe an upgraded sound system option. I pretty much vowed never to buy a brand new car from a dealer and I would buy that car.

I know companies are trying to target the larger piece of the pie right now but someone has to give in and delve into the realm of sports coupes. It only makes sense for auto manufacturers to go this route. it wont cost them much to make a small, fun, sports car with out all the glam and just plain crap they put on new cars. i can deal without having 10lbs of plastic covering my engine and not having airbags for my airbags. Nonsense.
ChiSleepyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #1297
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
oi...it just seems to me everyones so hung up on the old S chassis that anything NEW nissan brings out is instantly frowned upon because its new and different

personally im in love with both the 350z and G35...and i cant wait to see how nissan applies their design skills to a new 240sx replacement and BMW 1 series fighter in the years to come...especially when they shave some weight off the FM platform and stick a 4 cyl turbo motor in it
Meh you know how fanboys are
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #1298
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
Meh you know how fanboys are
No, I just refuse to settle for anything less than perfect (to me). If I'm ever to spend my money on a brand new car, I want it to be exactly what I want. Why should I settle for a "grow-on-me" looking car, I'd rather wait for something else to come along. You can always improve a car's performance, it's not as easy to change its body shape. You guys may like the new Z's and Nissan's new styling in general, and that's cool, everyone has their own taste, I personally am not too into it, currently I'd rather have the Genesis.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #1299
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
No, I just refuse to settle for anything less than perfect (to me). If I'm ever to spend my money on a brand new car, I want it to be exactly what I want. Why should I settle for a "grow-on-me" looking car, I'd rather wait for something else to come along. You can always improve a car's performance, it's not as easy to change its body shape. You guys may like the new Z's and Nissan's new styling in general, and that's cool, everyone has their own taste, I personally am not too into it, currently I'd rather have the Genesis.
+1 if i paid for a brand new vehicle probably the only car even consider would be a corvette.
VQMaxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #1300
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
At the rate Nissan is going especially with that disgrace of a bubble that they badged a Z, I'd much rather give a Hyundai Genesis a whirl. At least it looks like it has some tenacity, and not like a barbie car.

Now if Nissan's 240sx replacement looks exactly like that fan based concept I'd buy it in a second. However, it will more than likely be unsightly, fat, and gay. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #1301
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

honestly from those last few comments...2 outta 3 of them are coming from noobs to the car scene (sorry guys...i was building 240s when you guys were playing with super mario 64 at your best friends sleep over in the 5th grade)...im not saying this as meaning offense...but its more or less the truth...you guys claim that newer cars have to "grow on you"...i think until you really get out there and learn about cars (especially engineering and design)...you shouldnt bash or let something "grow on you"...the reason these things seem to alien to you or so weird to you is because its a design style that is NEW...and again i will harken back to my previous comment a page or so ago

/begin_rant

you guys dont really realize that the 240s you love so much now...youre spoiled with them...if someone gets into the 240 scene now...its so easy to over look the ugly parts about a S13 or S14 (chuki faced S13s...BLECH...WORST air flow design EVER) because no matter where you look now...240s are modified like crazy...so you dont think about the beauty or ugliness of the stock body...you think about how youre going to modify the EXTERIOR of the car to match what YOU want...i for one have come to appreciate the G35 and 350z in their stock form like i did with my S13 6-7 years ago when no one was making decent aero (hell the ONLY decent aero at the time was OEM aero on the kouki 180sx and the S13 Silvia Aero Style coupe)

i guess im just getting really annoyed at reading these closed minded, rather immature comments coming from you 240 noobs who are 18-21 who think that because something is "new" or "different" its ugly or instantly bad when youre not even taking into account the HUGE amount of engineering that is going into these new chassis and motors...you fanboys think the SR20 and RB26 are the end all to be all for motors...honestly...THEYRE PEICES OF SHIT COMPARED TO TODAYS ENGINES...yah they have served their purposes in the past...but seriously...those motors were enginered almost OVER 20 years ago....20 FUKING YEARS!!!! do you not sit back and even THINK about how much better turbo technology has gotten??? or give thought to how much stiffer and more effective chassis building has become??? or how much more efficiently VVT functions now??? no...you just sit back and think about how to make your 240 flush with your cheap ass sportmax wheels and some spacers....AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...seriously. ..before you even BEGIN to formulate your opinions about new cars and the way they look or the way they perform because they are not your NORM...go out and DRIVE (not look at or sit in at the dealership)...actually DRIVE a FM platform based car (G35, G37, 350z, 370z)...because your opinions are so swayed to what is the "norm" or "trendy" that they come out as offensive and just ill researched or stated to those of us who actually understand a bit more than you about the building or functionality of a new car compared to something that was engineered over 20 years ago

/end_rant

Old 12-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #1302
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

oh yah...one other tidbit of information for those of you who want the S13 or even S15 brought back out again...or think theyre superior chassis...

did you know the FM platform was built as a RACE chassis...it was built 100% outside of the design of the exterior...the design for the exterior only came about AFTER the chassis had been designed and fully reinforced to be one of the stiffest and most race inspired chassis that nissan has ever built (and that has ever been on the market)...it was not built as a luxury chassis that had been modified for a coupe setup...or built with the idea of luxury in mind PERIOD...any luxury ideas came AFTER the chassis was produced for the coupe setups

Old 12-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #1303
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
There are plenty of new cars I consider to be beautiful. The Z is just not one of them, it looks like a tumor and does nothing for me. It is a great performer out on the track but aesthetics are important to me.

I never said the S-Chassis is a superior platform, nor do I think they are aesthetically pleasing (especially zenki s14's "whattup camry") it is leaps and bounds behind car technology of today but I don't really care. As long as Nissan keeps pumping out ugly lumps I won't be caring about them. As far as the new car market goes.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #1304
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
There are plenty of new cars I consider to be beautiful. The Z is just not one of them, it looks like a tumor and does nothing for me. It is a great performer out on the track but aesthetics are important to me.

I never said the S-Chassis is a superior platform, nor do I think they are aesthetically pleasing (especially zenki s14's "whattup camry") it is leaps and bounds behind car technology of today but I don't really care. As long as Nissan keeps pumping out ugly lumps I won't be caring about them. As far as the new car market goes.

then ur prolly gonna be stuck building cars from the 1980s/1990s for the rest of ur life

Old 12-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #1305
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
then ur prolly gonna be stuck building cars from the 1980s/1990s for the rest of ur life
Or I'll build them while I'm young and poor.

Then, have a family and not worry about dumb shit like cars.

Also, that's not what I said at all. I said there are plenty of newer cars I find attractive and perform quite well. I just don't like what nissan has been doing, but because you're old you call me a fanboy but, I don't even have brand or chassis loyalty.

Shit's gay.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #1306
Matej
Post Whore!

You could line up a bunch of cars from different eras, and I wouldn't have a hard time deciding which one is pretty and which one I don't care for. It's not like I need to be around for 20 years just to form an opinion on whether I find something attractive or not.

For example, someone posted this rendering a few pages back. I know it's just a rendering and sadly this car will never be made, and yes I know it would sit higher stock and all that, but I think it looks absolutely amazing. I don't have a grudge against new cars from Nissan, but I have no desire to own any of them either. I don't need a race car platform. Fun cars are great, but I don't ever plan to win any races, I just want a pretty car to drive around, and occasionally have fun in, as a past time. And no I'm not saying Nissan should get rid of the Z, I understand that some people do want a race car platform. But the S-chassis was never meant to be any kind of a race car anyway, I'm pretty sure Nissan just got very lucky when they built the S13, and I'm skeptical that they'll get as lucky again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Or I'll build them while I'm young and poor.

Then, have a family and not worry about dumb shit like cars.
Most mature thing said in here.

Last edited by Matej; 12-21-2008 at 04:46 PM..
Old 12-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #1307
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
Quote:
I just want a pretty car to drive around, and occasionally have fun in, as a past time.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #1308
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OMG the fucking whining brigade got in this thread.

NISSAN IS:
  • NOT GOING TO BUILD SOMETHING BASED ON THE S13, S14, OR S15
  • NOT BRINGING BACK THE S13, S14, OR S15 IN ANY FORM
  • NOT GOING TO BUILD THAT FAN DRAWING ABOVE, EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS COOL, ASKING THEM TO BUILD IT IS A WASTE OF TIME

I don't understand how you guys are complaining about a cars looks who has yet to have an official concept rendering.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #1309
Matej
Post Whore!

Hey, I just want Nissan to take their time and build a pretty rwd car (that everyone will love). If they do, it's a win-win situation for both the buyers and Nissan, I don't see why anyone would be against that. Just because you're willing to settle for a drunk fat chick only because she rides well doesn't mean I will too.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #1310
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnnr View Post
omg the fucking whining brigade got in this thread.

nissan is:
  • not going to build something based on the s13, s14, or s15
  • not bringing back the s13, s14, or s15 in any form
  • not going to build that fan drawing above, even though it looks cool, asking them to build it is a waste of time
i don't understand how you guys are complaining about a cars looks who has yet to have an official concept rendering.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 AM   #1311
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hey, I just want Nissan to take their time and build a pretty rwd car (that everyone will love). If they do, it's a win-win situation for both the buyers and Nissan, I don't see why anyone would be against that. Just because you're willing to settle for a drunk fat chick only because she rides well doesn't mean I will too.
One of these days I'll buy you a fine imported beer.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:52 AM   #1312
240SXsaint
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
240SXsaint is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240SXsaint Send a message via Yahoo to 240SXsaint
im new to the s chassis world but i've driven a 350z for a while now. and to compare the 2 (s14 vs 350z) if i wouldve been able to keep with the payments i would have a 350z twin turbo over my s14 sr20det. and yes like dorkidori said the turbo technolgy has gotten alot better since the sr and rb. and for u guys that want bare base model cars that try looking at the base model 350z (enthusiants package comes with vlsd), evo VIII rs(doesnt even come with a radio), impreza instead of getting the sti, etc. what people dont understand is they spend waaay to much extra on shit u dont need on the vehicle that your probably gonna change any way so y bothering buying the highest level trim level possible.. but if u got the money to burn be my guest and do what u do
240SXsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #1313
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
OMG the fucking whining brigade got in this thread.

NISSAN IS:
  • NOT GOING TO BUILD SOMETHING BASED ON THE S13, S14, OR S15
  • NOT BRINGING BACK THE S13, S14, OR S15 IN ANY FORM
  • NOT GOING TO BUILD THAT FAN DRAWING ABOVE, EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKS COOL, ASKING THEM TO BUILD IT IS A WASTE OF TIME

I don't understand how you guys are complaining about a cars looks who has yet to have an official concept rendering.
Thank You.

Sorry I haven't been involved on the forum regularly anymore and I'm missing out it seems.

What Gnnr said above is absolutely true. I could just respond to all this by going back and quoting a dozen or so of my old posts in the past, but I guess I just reiterate what Gnner said and back up DorkiDori.

IT'S NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE THAT RENDERING ABOVE! IT WON'T RESEMBLE A S15 EITHER.

I've been working on a rendering for a couple weeks now (it's taking so ling because I'm learning as I go) because all of the renderings that have been released by MAGAZINES so far I believe are way off the mark.

Nissan has said that the new SX will be most closely related to THE URGE CONCEPT.

Remember this concept?

So take that concept, minus all the "concepty" cues add Nissan's new headlight and taillight design and BOOM you have the next SX. This is the basis of my rendering. I HOPE to have it done in the next few days because it's killing me.

Now remember car styling is a very very subjective thing. I for one think the new 370z is 10x better looking then the Z32 and Z33. In fact I think it's the best lookin Z since the S30.

But not everyone is going to like every car. That's why you HAVE the option of buying that Genesis if that floats you G inducing boat.

But ultimately we all have to remember one thing. Nissan has not shown an actual rendering of the SX....yet. It's coming and it'll be here before we know it. I just posted this recently and I still stand behind my belief in this whole heartedly. I actually can't wait to hear something so i can see how close I a to what Nissan is actually doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

As far as your theory on the SX being a 250, I agreed until about 6 months ago when things really started going south for the whole industry.

I've stated this before in previous posts in this thread, but my theory is that the only way Nissan can sell this car and make it viable is if it is actually a more fuel friendly sports car. Therefore I'm under the firm belief that the car will have a 1.8 or 2.0 liter engine.
Quote:
More importantly then buyers budgets is the impending CAFE regulations. The car is going to HAVE to meet those standards. Period. Or at least not be hindrance for Nissan trying to meet the standards.

I'm expecting this thing to get a good 30mpg+. I wouldn't be surprised if it got 35mpg freeway 30 streets. But again, we have to expect lower HP. But hopefully that will also equate to a lighter chassis. I've said it before, I'm all for a stripped down budget sports car.

RWD, 210-215hp, 2900lbs, 2.0t, 30-35mpg, and $19,000-$26,000. If Nissan delivers something along those lines with decently good looks it'll be a winner in my eyes and many others I believe.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #1314
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Mel for 2012!!!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #1315
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Mel's and dorkidori's (sorry don't know your name) posts are actually the only posts that I've been listening to in this thread. Not to sound biased or anything, but so far, they've been pretty on point with my opinions as well. Style was and will always be a subjective thing. There will never be a car that EVERYONE will like. Although there's nothing with letting a car grow on you. Sometimes there's just one detail you don't like that shuns you from paying attention to the other details. Perfect example for me was the Z. I might like the new SX, I might not. We all just have to wait until its unveiling next year.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #1316
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
RWD, 210-215hp, 2900lbs, 2.0t, 30-35mpg, and $19,000-$26,000
This is actually more important to me then styling. If I'm not 100% happy with the design but it meets most of the above criteria I'll be happy as a lesbian in a strap on factory.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #1317
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
This is actually more important to me then styling. If I'm not 100% happy with the design but it meets most of the above criteria I'll be happy as a lesbian in a strap on factory.
Another note I forgot to touch on, some people act like you can't mod the exteriors for these things. I love modification, subtle or extreme. If it looks good, then yay. But yeah, function over form anyday.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #1318
sephiroth99
Leaky Injector

sephiroth99 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to interrupt your heated discussion, but there is news about the toybaru.

Bloomberg.com: Japan

Looks like the start of production has been postponed in 2012 or later...
sephiroth99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #1319
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth99 View Post
Sorry to interrupt your heated discussion, but there is news about the toybaru.

Bloomberg.com: Japan

Looks like the start of production has been postponed in 2012 or later...
Yea I saw that. Toyota I think is a little unprepared for the resent trouble they have been having. I think it's a little pre-mature to post pone the car personally.

Still keep in mind this is a RUMOR. NOT a fact from Toyota. Until I hear it from the horses mouth I'm not believing it. Especially when Toyota is making it sound like the car is debuting in just a few short weeks in Detroit.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #1320
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

*Gulp* Here goes nothin....

Here is the rendering I've been working so hard on. This IS my first shot at vector art and am in no way a pro. But I had a certain image and style in mind and really wanted to get it out there.

Let me know what you guys think. But be gentle. I hope you like.

Article here.

Last edited by exitspeed; 12-23-2008 at 11:09 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote