Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #1291
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Spurs played like champs, Heat played like chumps.
The confusion on Defense for the Heat showed it's ugly head again. Spo says that they expected Manu to start but he can't say that they also expected Manu to go crazy on them. Despite playing horrible on Defense this was a winnable game. There were many chances to swing the momentum the Heat's way but everytime they got in striking distance the Defense would have a complete brain fart and let the Spurs keep it rolling. No matter how bad you feel right now, the Spurs have to play game 6 and 7 in Miami. I like Miami's chances but only if they wake up on defense. Something tells me that Spo is going to let Shane start at the 4 next game. His defense would have helped so much in the first qtr lastnight. Mike Miller isn't spacing the floor because he isn't taking shots, so what good is he?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #1292
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Allen Iverson has abducted his five children former wife alleges 061713 - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

And I write too!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #1293
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lol, just when you thought that dudes life couldn't get any worse.

Back to the finals though, the Spurs are going to come into game 6 with the KO blow in mind. It's going to be a tough and close game, but I'm sticking with my prediction Spurs in 6.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #1294
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Lol, just when you thought that dudes life couldn't get any worse.
Out of curiosity, I googled which NBA player has the most children. Supposedly Calvin Murphy is the man at 14 children with 9 different women while Shawn Kemp is a close second at 13 children with 9 different women.

By those standards, 5 children with 1 baby mama is not bad and I would have to give Iverson some credit for being a somewhat responsible human being compared to his peers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #1295
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Not that it would have likely made a difference with Green raining 27-footers with two hands in his face, but how in the hell can anyone explain this:
C. Andersen – 0 Min, 0 Reb, 0 Asst, 0 PF, 0 Pts
It is becoming increasingly obvious that Spoelstra WANTS to be fired, I seriously think he may “step down to attend to family issues” and Riley steps in for games 6 and 7.
Seems like Birdman will only play on the home court for whatever reason.

PS - looks like the BOS/LAC trade talks are off at the moment...

xquizitditz
Old 06-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #1296
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Boston is asking WAY too much for Garnett and Doc Rivers. Especially if Doc is now saying he's unsure he wants to come back to coach the Celtics after this deal falls apart. They are essentially losing Doc for nothing and KG will be here for a year and retire. Why not grab Jordan and the 1st rounder if its' on the table instead of being greedy and asking for Eric Bledsoe AND another 1st rounder.

I think the Clippers are in a position of power on this trade, since Boston said it likely WILL have to move Rivers now that it is publicly known that they tried to move him (Although I don't think Doc will be as butt hurt over the fact he was shopped as Lamar Odom was). If I was the Clippers, I would now ask Boston to throw in Paul Pierce too.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #1297
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Knowing that this series has been a back and forth type of series I have Miami winning tonight by 8.

But I am rooting for the Spurs.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #1298
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Boston is asking WAY too much for Garnett and Doc Rivers. Especially if Doc is now saying he's unsure he wants to come back to coach the Celtics after this deal falls apart. They are essentially losing Doc for nothing and KG will be here for a year and retire. Why not grab Jordan and the 1st rounder if its' on the table instead of being greedy and asking for Eric Bledsoe AND another 1st rounder.

I think the Clippers are in a position of power on this trade, since Boston said it likely WILL have to move Rivers now that it is publicly known that they tried to move him (Although I don't think Doc will be as butt hurt over the fact he was shopped as Lamar Odom was). If I was the Clippers, I would now ask Boston to throw in Paul Pierce too.
Boston is asking WAY too much? Losing draft picks and DeAndre + Bledsoe for one of the top coaches in the league AND an aging superstar? ESPECIALLY when your roster coming into the 2013-2014 season is looking like a quick grit team?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! KG's vet presence will inspire the team and Doc's coaching will only bring out the monsters that the Clippers could be.

As for Pierce, I wouldn't pick that guy up if he had paid me. He had a couple of good games but a ton of "I'm too old" games. Chances of that ratio to get worse is highly likely.

I found the deal to be outrageous but from the sources I've read, the deal sounded good for both parties minus Boston in the short term.

From the get-go, the Clips had the position of power for this trade. Donald Sterling and whomever is running the front office for the Clips are playing it safe but they're also losing assets that could take them further than the first round.

When I heard about this deal, I said RIP to my foolish-D'Antoni-full-Dwight-less-forever-aging-Lakers.

Going to be one of the biggest Spurs fan tonight, hoping they pick up the W.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #1299
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Yes, I am serious. IMO it is way too much.

KG is someone who could put you over the top and he will inspire your team to play harder, but it will only be for 1 year. MAYBE you win a championship with him and you get lucky and can persuade him to sign on for another 2 years, but that’s probably it. He’s pretty much a rental. If you don’t win, he most likely is going to retire. He’s not young like Dwight Howard where you trade for him first and then worry about persuading him to sign an extension later.

Doc Rivers is a great coach and all, but he said so himself that he feels like it’s time for a change and he definitely does not want to come back to coach a rebuilding project if Boston trades away KG and Pierce. Add to the fact that Boston nearly traded him, said that the deal must get done, didn’t go through, and now Ainge is pretty much forced to tell Doc “Hey bro, no hard feelings, forget it happened and just coach out your contract” must make for a pretty awkward situation in Boston.

I’m not really a fan of Jordan and I think he’s overpaid. At this point, he’s pretty much what he is and although he’s not Dwight Howard, he’s not Adonal Foyle either. I would compare him to a poor man’s Tyson Chandler or a Kendrick Perkins with more size and athleticism and less toughness. The point is, big tall guys with athleticism don’t grow on trees and he’s a serviceable big man who does a lot of stuff that doesn’t show up in the box score.

And sure, the first round picks will be late lotto and probably not seem like much, but after the last CBA cheap, draft picks and rookie scale contracts do matter. You can use those picks to fill out your bench. Look what the Spurs have done with their late picks. Golden State found some good rookie role players in the late first and second rounds this past season. You can always sign vet role players, but they cost $3-8M/yr compared to a rookie scale contract at ~$5M/4yrs.

To me, it sounds like Boston needs this trade more than the Clippers do. KG will not go to any other team and is not going to waive his no trade clause, so Boston will pretty much waste 1 year of KG’s time and lose him for nothing except cap space. The only reason he is open to the idea is to be with Rivers. Last February he said no. And Rivers might get out of coaching altogether.

Clippers seem indifferent and don’t care if this trade gets done or not. They already said they aren’t going to mortgage the farm by trading away all their young talent and draft picks in this deal and gave Boston a pretty generous offer. If I was Boston, I would take this offer and run to the bank with it instead of insulting the Clippers by asking for more.

Quote:

Last edited by FRpilot; 06-18-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #1300
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I have a feeling the Heat are going to play dirty (and by dirty I mean attempt to break his legs or dislocate his shoulder) and give a lot of hard hits to Danny Green tonight.

I also predict a lot of flopping. lol

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #1301
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
95 maxima se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Spurs plz fire ginobili!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #1302
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 maxima se View Post
Spurs plz fire ginobili!
Ye he's been playing like crap all series. Timmy going for 50 haha
Old 06-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #1303
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Ye he's been playing like crap all series. Timmy going for 50 haha
Spurs are playing better without him so far!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #1304
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
All the big guns are out. Pop is going for broke. Heat aren't playing like this is a must win.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #1305
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Lebron sits down and cries about a no call as the Spurs run down and get an easy layup. Way to go.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #1306
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Fuck Ray Allen
Old 06-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #1307
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Fuck Ginobli even more even though that was a foul
Old 06-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #1308
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Ginobili needs to be fired stat!!! Damn pos!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #1309
theronin
Post Whore!

Great game. Spurs let em back in, they can only blame themselves. Bosh finally showed what he's worth. Game 7 here we come. Congrats Heat fans. Good win.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #1310
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Great game. Spurs let em back in, they can only blame themselves. Bosh finally showed what he's worth. Game 7 here we come. Congrats Heat fans. Good win.
This and....

Good god, Ginobli's play was fucking dreadful. The Spurs had this game in hand and he shot them in the foot COUNTLESS times.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #1311
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
That was a close game. Kawhi is going to want that FT back. Bosh came up big--I counted him out but he was great when it counted.

Popovich choked big time though.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #1312
95 maxima se
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
This and....

Good god, Ginobli's play was fucking dreadful. The Spurs had this game in hand and he shot them in the foot COUNTLESS times.
Exactly!!! I better not see ginobili next season with the spurs. I'm pissed lol
Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #1313
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Man i am so mad.. ahhh
Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #1314
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Instant Classic of a game. Heat down by 5 with 28sec left on the clock then Lebron and Ray go CLUTCH MODE and force overtime. The Spurs chocked this game away and quite possibly the series. I just don't see the Heat losing the next game, not after pulling this game out.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #1315
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Instant Classic of a game. Heat down by 5 with 28sec left on the clock then Lebron and Ray go CLUTCH MODE and force overtime. The Spurs chocked this game away and quite possibly the series. I just don't see the Heat losing the next game, not after pulling this game out.
Ya pretty much man. Don't forget Bosh. Pretty much a big middle finger to everyone saying he was a non factor. Clutch plays. Stop missing your goddamned free throws everyone. Like seriously.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #1316
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Me during the final seconds of the 4th:

Old 06-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #1317
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Yeah "Theronin" Bosh channeled Motombo once again late in the game. I have to admit I was begging for him to sit in the first half. Timmy was rapping him out there. This has to go down as a top 20 best Finals games ever played. I like evereyone else thought this game was over down 5 with 28sec left. Hell they had the trophy sitting out there waiting to be given to the Spurs lol!

Gotta love Pop's after the game. I know people in SA gotta love how he doesn't take shit from the media. I wish Spo had that attitude but he's too nice of a guy.

^^^ You, me and all of Miami Dnnr LMAO!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #1318
theronin
Post Whore!

I disagree with them bringing it out so early. For both teams. What does coach tell you? Play till the whistle. The game ain't over till its over. Not 5 pts with 28 sec to go. Amazing game. Hope the spurs can bounce back from this heartbreaker.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #1319
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I disagree with them bringing it out so early. For both teams. What does coach tell you? Play till the whistle. The game ain't over till its over. Not 5 pts with 28 sec to go. Amazing game. Hope the spurs can bounce back from this heartbreaker.
Lebron and Bosh said after the game that when they saw the tape being put up it "Pissed them off". It showed at the end, Lebron wanted the ball and Chris got a great offensive rebound and kicked it out to Ray. Seriously this was a game for the ages. I hope game 7 is just as good. Other than "The shot heard around the world" game which by the way was an offensive foul by MJ, this was the best Finals game I ever seen. I stood the whole 4th qtr and overtime because of how hype I was.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #1320
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I disagree with them bringing it out so early. For both teams. What does coach tell you? Play till the whistle.
Agree.

It can give motivation to the losing team and make the leading team ease off and relax. (Maybe it was a strategic move by Miami. haha jp)

Quote:
Closed Thread