Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #1291
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
They are 5x114.3 '99-04 GT wheels. 17x8 ~ +25 offset.

Much better than 16x7 +35 SE bullshit
Oh. Thanks for clarifying. Every time someone spouts off about 4 lug Mustang wheels fitting, they post that picture up... lol
Old 08-16-2014, 08:24 PM   #1292
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #1293
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Old 08-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #1294
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
^LOL 4500 for that embarrassment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALQegcFgLAY
Old 08-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #1295
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Corbic, you're not even close to being on point with your misguided insults.

You don't need to dump gobs of money into these cars to have something worth while. Having the patience to wait for deals is what's kept my build costs low, not cheaping out on parts because "I gotta be JDM bro."

Sorry the $13000 you have "invested" left you with an underwhelming car.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #1296
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyGirlHeyyy View Post
What insult? Don't be all Rachet-Spec bro, I'm not insulting you, just calling you out.

Quote:
You don't need to dump gobs of money into these cars to have something worth while.
Which is EXACTLY my point. I have $13k in a car after 10 years. That is fucking pocket change in the world of modified cars. People buy crate engines and transmissions for more than that.

Quote:
Having the patience to wait for deals is what's kept my build costs low, not cheaping out on parts because "I gotta be JDM bro."
First. You can't cheap out and be "JDM Bro". Being "JDM Bro" means overspending for the sake of having rare and blingy parts.

Second, I keep hearing about this supposed RB26 S14 on SSRs or some shit. Lets see it.

Thirds - taking your time is EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.

Quote:
Oh noes, intranets with his free R33 is not impressed!! Nobody "invests" in project cars, if you don't know that yet you don't know shit. I would love for you to show me how I could have saved mega bucks and built a 400hp Type-X S13 for less.

Shit costs money. End of story. You want baller 3pc wheels. They cost money. End of story. You can wait all you want Blitz 03 wheels cost what they do. You can save $100 or $200 but unless your stealing them, you are not getting them for $500.

SR swaps? $1,500 min up to $2,500.... just for the engine.

Here, check this link out, get better aquatinted with what shit costs.

http://zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=10

PS: I'm not insulting you, I'm trying to bring you to reality and educate you.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #1297
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

You don't need to dump gobs of money into these cars to have something worth while. Having the patience to wait for deals is what's kept my build costs low, not cheaping out on parts because "I gotta be JDM bro."

you're a retard. stop embarrasing yourself.

@ corbic: you re doing it right. mine has cost me so far 16.000 euros along with the car's purchase, and i'm gonna be spending around 7.000 more to finish it. a lot of the stuff is cluttering my house until the time is right. my car is white and all the parts of the kouki bodykit i have in storage are white, but i'm not gonna slap them on unpainted on a dented and fucked up car.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #1298
HeyGirlHeyyy
Zilvia Member

HeyGirlHeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
What insult? Don't be all Rachet-Spec bro, I'm not insulting you, just calling you out.
You're trying to imply that I'm ignorant because I don't agree with the idea of paying inflated prices on anything s-chassis related. I know what things cost. And you're right, some things you are only going to save a couple hundred dollars on (Blitz 03s are a good example of that). But for a little bit more than the average cost of an SR swap it's not impossible to find a decent condition car already swapped over is my point. But I digress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbic
Which is EXACTLY my point. I have $13k in a car after 10 years. That is fucking pocket change in the world of modified cars. People buy crate engines and transmissions for more than that.
Fair enough.

Quote:
First. You can't cheap out and be "JDM Bro". Being "JDM Bro" means overspending for the sake of having rare and blingy parts.

Second, I keep hearing about this supposed RB26 S14 on SSRs or some shit. Lets see it.

Thirds - taking your time is EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.
The quotation marks were used to implicate irony. You know, like the kids who just want that style because it's the current trend.

What in the world are you talking about? Never once have I stated that I have an RB series engine or the like. You're mistaken for sure on that.

Quote:
Oh noes, intranets with his free R33 is not impressed!! Nobody "invests" in project cars, if you don't know that yet you don't know shit. I would love for you to show me how I could have saved mega bucks and built a 400hp Type-X S13 for less.

Shit costs money. End of story. You want baller 3pc wheels. They cost money. End of story. You can wait all you want Blitz 03 wheels cost what they do. You can save $100 or $200 but unless your stealing them, you are not getting them for $500.

SR swaps? $1,500 min up to $2,500.... just for the engine.

Here, check this link out, get better aquatinted with what shit costs.

PS: I'm not insulting you, I'm trying to bring you to reality and educate you.
Like I said, sure some things can't be had at a deal, but with patience you can avoid paying sticker prices on a lot of things. All the major online sites have fairly regular sales that yield around 15% savings for instance.

Relax man.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:39 AM   #1299
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
JDM bro? Now I've heard everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 08-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #1300
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Some people just don't realize what shit costs to do things right....Some ratchet spec bros think $30K on a S car that looks beautiful is a waste of money because they just can't comprehend what things truly cost and the time and effort needed to create said cars. To them its about I need it now, I need to fit in now, how can I ride on a stock car when my bros running that....They are chasing acceptance or purely trying to stand out for the attention is rings them.

Those of us that know what it takes to do things the right way understand the labor and time alone easily crush the monetary investment we have in our cars. Its a personal thing and reflects our character. We don't care if good parts take time to save for, take weeks to be custom made/delivered, or doing the labor ourselves. Its about getting it right the first time and taking the time do it. Sure we make mistakes but instead of just running it we fix it. Its not about showing up at meets bragging about how much we spent, our wheels x dollars, what swap we have etc etc etc....Our cars speak volumes about the effort to get them this way.

The greatest thing for me and my car is when I roll around on weekends and random people roll there windows down at stop lights, stop me at gas stations an say "nice job". They dont need to ask how much, whats in it, etc the car speaks for itself.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #1301
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I don't mean it as an insult. I just can't see 8 grand. Maybe his SR swap has a lot involved? Or he's riding on KW suspension? I'm honestly curious. Again, not trying to rustle no jimmies.
You cant see 8 grand because you simply dont know what things cost. 8k is chump change.

Quote:
Also... while that is totally super awesome you got a LS1 S15 one cerberus II's or whatever for $1,500 - thats not the norm and we should not expect everyone to be able to do that. What we can expect is people take pride, take their time and give a shit. People should be applauded for doing THEIR BEST. Not everyone is CamryonBroonze and can drop $35k on a S13 - which he even admits he did to build this car
It all depends on what your mission is. Last I checked, I was around 55k. Whatever floats yer boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaifd3s View Post
Lol at mounting electrical parts on wood. Just imagine if one of the wires actually catches on fire.
Wood is an insulator, there is absolutely nothing wrong with mounting electrical components on wood. Better than mounting them on metal. And wires are not supposed to catch fire. Thats what fuses are for... you stupid fuck.

Quote:
Post up some photos and mods list of your car, let me be the judge.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #1302
Bushido
Post Whore!

Old 08-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #1303
Bushido
Post Whore!

Last edited by Bushido; 08-17-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Old 08-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #1304
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
^^^

Cringe.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #1305
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I would say that our community is in dire need of help. Yesterday I went to the SoCal s chassis car meet at k1 kart racing in Anaheim. I feel like every year it gets worse and worse. Out of the 150 cars I saw there I would say a good 120 of them would be part of the ratchet40 gang or would trump them in their amount of pride for half assed builds and lack of shame.

It's like the scene from kung POW enter the fist.
The one were the guys gets beat up and is bleeding, so he says,"i am bleeding, clearly making me the victor" then his sensei says "we trained him wrong as joke"
Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #1306
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I would say that our community is in dire need of help. Yesterday I went to the SoCal s chassis car meet at k1 kart racing in Anaheim. I feel like every year it gets worse and worse. Out of the 150 cars I saw there I would say a good 120 of them would be part of the ratchet40 gang or would trump them in their amount of pride for half assed builds and lack of shame.

The one were the guys gets beat up and is bleeding, so he says,"i am bleeding, clearly making me the victor" then his sensei says "we trained him wrong as joke"
I totally agree with this statement. HUGE disappointment in the socal s chassis scene. Out of all the 150 + cars that attended id say about 5 were clean with legit parts. Horrible. Come on people get your shit together its not that hard.

It really blows my mind cause everyone knows what a good looking car looks like and when people try to execute the same styling they fail miserably.

I understand that you dont have a good job to purchase nice quality parts...blah blah blah, but if you freaking save your money for a little longer you can have all the cool parts. People just want to make there car "stanced" and "low" as fast as they can.

SHITTY PARTS=SHITTY CAR
Old 08-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #1307
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Your car was one of the cleanest there josh. Very nice meeting you by the way. Yeah there were like 5-10nice cars at best.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #1308
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Its not like Nor-Cal is any better... Kids meeting up at the local Starbucks with their multi-colored s-chassis cars thinking every night is a car show. This generation is all about instant gratification. If things are not handed to them in a second they freak out since they won't be accepted in the cool kids club. Every year it gets worse as you can tell by the threads started on this forum, more than half don't bother to even use Google to find the answer they are looking for, then you got people posting stuff in the wrong section and when they are told they did it wrong they get all upset.

Its cool thing now to point and make fun of the few people who are patient and hardworking to do things the right way. As like someone said earlier, I don't even tell people I own a s-chassis anymore since you automatically get associated with these ratchet 40 guys.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #1309
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
man i should of been there... i would of made it to one of the cleanest 240's lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #1310
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
WTH is going on there?
Old 08-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #1311
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

Its cool thing now to point and make fun of the few people who are patient and hardworking to do things the right way. As like someone said earlier, I don't even tell people I own a s-chassis anymore since you automatically get associated with these ratchet 40 guys.

Wait a sec... this is actually a thing now? Really?

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 08-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #1312
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Post up some photos and mods list of your car, let me be the judge.
...and he was never heard from again.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #1313
kikcaffine
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kikcaffine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Georgia Represent :/
Old 08-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #1314
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post

Georgia Represent :/
The State or the Country?

Old 08-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #1315
kikcaffine
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kikcaffine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
The State or the Country?

Both are in equal states of dis-repair

but im taking about the state
Old 08-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #1316
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post

Quoting once again. This is spot on.

You'd barf if you saw the Minnesota scene... Not just shitty "builds", but lots of people here do such unnecessary things to their cars. They overbuild their cars and go to two drift events each year, and they also don't register their car so they can't drive them on the street, pretty fucking pointless. The cars here used to all be pretty decent... But now maybe 10% of them are free of eBay parts.

For example. Some local guy just put a 1UZ in his 240 last winter (totally awful idea because he did one event the year before with a stock KA and that was all of his experience), he went to a skidpad two times this summer, and now he is going to boost the 1UZ. And the car isn't street legal. So it's totally fucking pointless. That's one example of the many, many failures.

Then there is this car here too
Old 08-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #1317
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
WTH is going on there?
Looks like a turbo humping a muffler.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #1318
Bullitt_180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Bullitt_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
Looks like a turbo humping a muffler.
They do this a lot for vehicles that done have enough room under the hood for a typical turbo setup (especially twin turbo) or for completely stealthy setups. It's called remote mount or rear mount. It operates exactly the same, just different from the norm.

....never seen it done quite like that though....
Old 08-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #1319
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt_180sx View Post
They do this a lot for vehicles that done have enough room under the hood for a typical turbo setup (especially twin turbo) or for completely stealthy setups. It's called remote mount or rear mount. It operates exactly the same, just different from the norm.

....never seen it done quite like that though....
That is certainly not a "remote mount" turbo setup. I have no idea what the hell that is supposed to be.

Typical Remote mount for a 350z by STS.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #1320
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
But now maybe 10% of them are free of eBay parts.
eBay parts really aren't the problem. In theory a car can be clean and well built using "off-brand" parts.

example - XXRs on "broke status 240sx"

(I'd fucking shake this guys hand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
For example. Some local guy just put a 1UZ in his 240 last winter (totally awful idea because he did one event the year before with a stock KA and that was all of his experience), he went to a skidpad two times this summer, and now he is going to boost the 1UZ. And the car isn't street legal. So it's totally fucking pointless. That's one example of the many, many failures.
We all do our hobby in our own way. I don't see any problem with the above as long as it doesn't look like that shitbox you posted. But since you called it a "drift car" I suspect it looks like a pile of shit.

This is why, as I've said many times in this thread, DRIFTING SUCKS. The entire culture of "American Drifting" is what is creating this shitbox cars. Kids are spending way to much time trying to "build race cars" with "mad angle mods" and "look at me trendy signature touches" (flat paint, rusted hoods, zip ties stitches, hanging stuffed animals etc).

This is what happens without magazines. People used to want to be featured in magazines... and magazines used to refuse to publish such bullshit.
Closed Thread