Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #13321
kaul_

Trader Rating: (0)
kaul_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelone View Post
They look different but probably equally as shit. Just upgrade to GTST Brakes, they're cheap as chips.
Yeah I would but I have small wheels and it's only an SRDE
kaul_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #13322
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
33 GTST will fit over 15's.
Miguelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #13323
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA View Post
For all the commiefornia guys. I have a problem with smog.

My Nox level is a bit high. I passed the 15MPH barely with 488 out of 493 max. But failed 25MPH with 585 out of 516 max.

HC:
15mph Max: 88 - Meas: 69
25mph Max: 53 - Meas: 59

CO:
15mph Max: .36 - Meas: .18
25mph Max: .35 - Meas: .29

NO:
15mph Max: 493 - Meas: 488
25mph Max: 516 - Meas: 585

shop says I should slow down the timing and that might be fix. any other possible solutions? preferably cheap ones? EGR, catalytic, etc.
Wait until you get to about 6 gallons of gas in the tank. Add 1pt of straight denatured alcohol to the tank, drive to the place, get it checked AFTER it cools off. The alcohol will drop your numbers enough to pass. If you can find methanol use that, OR
add a methanol/water injector kit. This adds a slight increase in performance and cleans up the exhaust as well
Old 04-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #13324
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel like I should know the answer to this, but not sure... I had my summer wheels and tires off since October where I stored them in my basement until now. I put them on and drive the car and now they feel out of balance?? They were not this way before, can storing tires cause them to be out of round? They weren't even under the weight of the car though...
Old 04-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #13325
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Mrpopo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Will a Rb25 neo head mate with a s2 rb25 block? I'm new to rbs and haven't been able to find anything searching.
Mrpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #13326
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
I feel like I should know the answer to this, but not sure... I had my summer wheels and tires off since October where I stored them in my basement until now. I put them on and drive the car and now they feel out of balance?? They were not this way before, can storing tires cause them to be out of round? They weren't even under the weight of the car though...
check your tire pressure. also have you had any alignment work done or balance of your other wheels/tires?
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #13327
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question : What does the RB20 do at redline? what does the ECU do. does it just Cut fuel or what?

Because I keep hitting a block at about 24 psi / 6300 RPM on my AEM, but I'm thinking I'm hitting redline and not even knowing it? my 240sx tach is way off. and possibly my aem has the rpm wrong too.

So does it just straight up cut fuel or does it do like that shit in videos " Nnananananananana"??
OrangeVirus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #13328
mershonn

mershonn is an unknown quantity at this point
so.....gets points for that.
mershonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #13329
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus1 View Post
Question : What does the RB20 do at redline? what does the ECU do. does it just Cut fuel or what?

Because I keep hitting a block at about 24 psi / 6300 RPM on my AEM, but I'm thinking I'm hitting redline and not even knowing it? my 240sx tach is way off. and possibly my aem has the rpm wrong too.

So does it just straight up cut fuel or does it do like that shit in videos " Nnananananananana"??
SOOO still curious about this, but I actually adjusted my tune and Hit 7k / 28psi.. so It's the tuning.

Also how much power can the stock RB20 clutch handle.. because I'm easily making double and have no slip
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #13330
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Not out of round man. Pressures have sat, and 'air' is hygroscopic, it exchanges air for moisture inside your tire. This changes the entire balance. If you are running tubeless, go get Nitrogen, then drive 40 miles of mixed high speed and twisty stuff and slow twisty stuff, then see if balance is restored. If you are making suspension changes for tire balance, uh, why? tire, not car! Also, you wore your tires, then stored them,maybe the balance is a little off and they need new weights. Happens. I am swapping off my winters for my normals today so I will more than likely have the same issues, but man, those soft snow tires drift SO well at lower entry speeds!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #13331
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
SOOO still curious about this, but I actually adjusted my tune and Hit 7k / 28psi.. so It's the tuning.

Also how much power can the stock RB20 clutch handle.. because I'm easily making double and have no slip
Aren't oem Skyline clutches made by Ogura or Exedy's contract to Nissan, kind of like the Nismo and Ray's Engineering thing?
If you can figure out the manufacturer, it is simple enough to look up the torque specs for the disc. Most oem turbo discs are rated to about 350#' before slipping if they are STOCK(from my phone lesson with ACT).
Ooohh yeah, ACT 13# flywheel, XTSS pressure plate and disc..all good for a smooth 350# of torque...later on. Boxes are purty too!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #13332
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Maybe a weight fell off, could have happened when you removed the tires etc. so you would not find it sitting on the ground downstairs. Take it to a shop and have them check them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #13333
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Ok so weird problem. No idea what to think of it.

My CEL light blinks when I shift. I have a Rb20 w/ WSP harness so it isn't a wiring problem.

that's all.. my CEL blinks when I shift.. I don't even know wtf to think of it.

not just one or two blinks. but like 5-6 steady blinks.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #13334
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Power steering rack, top seal. What is the PN?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #13335
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
are s13 and s14 non-abs brake boosters the same? i deleted my ABS system and replaced my stock front brakes with Z32's and the ABS brake booster is not cutting it at all. the brakes work well, but the pedal is ridiculously mushy and almost goes all the way to the floor.

This never happened when i put Z32 fronts on my 180sx back in japan and i didnt change anything except the lines and the front calipers on that car. i kept the stock s13 non-abs booster and master cylinder.

i'm pretty sure my problem with the S14 is the ABS booster.

Here is a list of the shit i did on my S14:
- Completely bench bled master cylinder
- Installed brand new non-ABS hardlines
- Installed front & rear SS braided lines
- Brand new seals and boots for all 4 calipers
- Brand new Hawk HPS pads for front brakes and barely used Hawk's on the rear
- Brand new rotors front & rear
- Vacuum bled all lines to clean out old fluid and added all new fluid to the system
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #13336
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Not out of round man. Pressures have sat, and 'air' is hygroscopic, it exchanges air for moisture inside your tire. This changes the entire balance. If you are running tubeless, go get Nitrogen, then drive 40 miles of mixed high speed and twisty stuff and slow twisty stuff, then see if balance is restored. If you are making suspension changes for tire balance, uh, why? tire, not car! Also, you wore your tires, then stored them,maybe the balance is a little off and they need new weights. Happens. I am swapping off my winters for my normals today so I will more than likely have the same issues, but man, those soft snow tires drift SO well at lower entry speeds!
Thanks for the reply fellas. I didn't check pressure like I should have. It is probably high due to how warm it was. I will lower the pressure but the car is out of commission for a while while I swap motors. I never had the tires balanced because they have not started to feel out of balance yet. I was prepared to do it, but they felt so smooth and I didn't want anyone fucking with my new Rays, lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #13337
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright guys I have a question about egr systems. I have an 89 hatch single cam. Only mods are test pipe to 3 inch exhaust and a cai (yes I know it's way too big). I have had a code 32. Cel. Egr system. I've replace the egr valve, egr temp sensor, checked replaced and triple checked all vac lines. And Checked/cleaned egr tube. Only thing I didn't replace was the egr solenoid which when I tested it seemed fine. So my question is what else could it be. The car is getting like 15-18mpg but runs like a champ. No run ability issues whatsoever. Any ideas? Anyone else with same problem? Any help is GREATLY appreciated...
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #13338
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Did you check if the EGR system is clogged up?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #13339
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Only thing I checked was the tube goin from the manifold to the valve. I saw a write up about cleaning the carbon out of the egr ports on the intake for a dual cam but I wasn't sure if it was the same for a single
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #13340
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

I'd say try to clean as much carbon as you can out, clear the codes on the ecu ( disconnect battery ) and then see if it comes back.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #13341
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
They won't be out of round, but they can be out of balance. happens all the time actually.

Quote:

You're probably blowing out spark. Keep things the same, and jam the plug gap smaller.

Clutch: Do you have an aftermarket one in there that you don't know about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetijeff View Post
Only thing I checked was the tube goin from the manifold to the valve. I saw a write up about cleaning the carbon out of the egr ports on the intake for a dual cam but I wasn't sure if it was the same for a single

It's similar. I bet the valve itself is clogged solid.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #13342
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
They won't be out of round, but they can be out of balance. happens all the time actually.

You're probably blowing out spark. Keep things the same, and jam the plug gap smaller.

Clutch: Do you have an aftermarket one in there that you don't know about?

That's the only thing I can think, is that I have a non stock clutch. or the stock clutch can hold plenty of power..

what gap should I do, everyone says 0.8mm but that's for stock, so maybe like 0.5?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #13343
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

So I'm still having my wiring issue. 75 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box keeps blowing. It's the grey fuse top left all by itself. I can't find any bad grounds or damaged wires anywhere. I unplugged the alternator and it still blows. I'm lost here.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #13344
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpopo View Post
So I'm still having my wiring issue. 75 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box keeps blowing. It's the grey fuse top left all by itself. I can't find any bad grounds or damaged wires anywhere. I unplugged the alternator and it still blows. I'm lost here.
Check to make sure that none of the lower harness power wires are touching ground? also make sure that your alternator still has that little plastic thing on the spot for the power wire so it can't touch the actual alternator body.

Trace the wiring back as far as you can and you should find the issue along the way.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #13345
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Plastic guard is there and in great shape. Lower harness is a wiring specialties. No wires touching. I tried jumping the fuse with a screw driver and the wire from the fuse block to the battery terminal starts smoking and popping. I didn't have any issues before the s15 swap.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #13346
Artie
Leaky Injector

Artie is an unknown quantity at this point
need a link thread or advice on how to do the turbo water lines on a ka24de-t
Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #13347
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post

The egr valve? It's brand new. So it has the little clean out freeze plugs like the de?
I was just go look but the car isn't with me
Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 AM   #13348
sciptkitty

sciptkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Why can't I make a thread???? I just joined the forums in search of making a rocket bunny s13 coupe and I already accepted the activation on my email but for some reason I cant make a thread????
sciptkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #13349
AlexN
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
AlexN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey, how come I cant post in the for sale section?
AlexN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #13350
Mrpopo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpopo View Post
Plastic guard is there and in great shape. Lower harness is a wiring specialties. No wires touching. I tried jumping the fuse with a screw driver and the wire from the fuse block to the battery terminal starts smoking and popping. I didn't have any issues before the s15 swap.
Continuing with this issue. I removed the lower harness and the fuse doesn't pop now but the tail/stop, interior, and dash lights still don't work