Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #13351
SERADAMEL

Trader Rating: (0)
SERADAMEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bravo!!!
SERADAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2020, 08:17 PM   #13352
SERADAMEL

SERADAMEL is an unknown quantity at this point
I absolutely love the simplicity of the design and how they stay close to the 240z. The best for me is that there is no unnecessary vents, spoilers and shit like that. I hope they will keep it clean and simple like this.
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!
SERADAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:35 PM   #13353
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I'll wait until I see one IRL, but I kind of agree.

I'm seeing bits from all of the previous Z's plus Aston Martin.
Seems a bit sculptural and over detailed for a Z, especially when you're completely leaning on legacy. I think that body line dropping down over the door might be the biggest thing jumping out at me. Zs are almost more architecture than design to me, if that makes sense.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:03 PM   #13354
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFLddO5B...d=du8qy535878o

Ok. This is better. I'll try to hold harsh judgement for a while.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:13 PM   #13355
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
wish they had a bit of a lighter hand with the retro styling. the square grill and the circle air vents in the door piss me off. mish-mash of circular and angular drives me crazy. i think there's a lot of room for improvement in the aftermarket though.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:13 PM   #13356
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
They will cancel it.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:20 PM   #13357
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Boy did they style a car for middle aged dudes into euros. Purely visually, I don't regret my purchase.
Quote:
Seems a bit sculptural and over detailed for a Z, especially when you're completely leaning on legacy. I think that body line dropping down over the door might be the biggest thing jumping out at me. Zs are almost more architecture than design to me, if that makes sense.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:21 PM   #13358
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:

Ok. This is better. I'll try to hold harsh judgement for a while.
That front lip is what I wanted to see. Lose the GT wing and some of the stancy-ness and we're looking a lot better.

I'm trying to visualize it with a smaller grill like a 350Z Nismo, but maybe that would look worse?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #13359
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I'm trying to visualize it with a smaller grill like a 350Z Nismo, but maybe that would look worse?
z33 nismo v3-style front and rear with some le mans-influenced overs and we'd be talking

Old 09-15-2020, 09:47 PM   #13360
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
I never really understood the vape/ Subaru thing... Seems like that whole image is just associated with the cringe car scene that was going on when vaping became trendy.

Crazy how that trend has effectively changed how people look at WRX/ STI's (even though that image goes "beyond" both of those cars).

I guess it's the same as when you bring up the words "240sx" and people say "Oh, those cheap drifty cars that explode into a million pieces when they hit something at 10mph?".

Also, you posted that meme last year, before Christmas and I'm still good. lol
Whatever may have spawned it, everything about that meme is true.

I find it interesting that subaru has been making "great" cars that eat rings and headgaskets for longer than pretty much any of us has been alive.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:59 PM   #13361
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Not into the 370 with a body kit

Give us a fully redesigned car. Not a teaser
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:00 PM   #13362
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
'Crankaholic' on Jalopnik photoshopped the front air dam to be less square and it looks much better imo
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:05 PM   #13363
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The facia is too rigidly S130. It's 1:1 of potentially the weakest detail of the original.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:28 PM   #13364
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
I'll wait until I see one IRL, but I kind of agree.

I'm seeing bits from all of the previous Z's plus Aston Martin.
Don't see anything wrong with that. Pretty much follows back to what the original Z's designed was based on too.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:39 PM   #13365
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
z33 nismo v3-style front and rear with some le mans-influenced overs and we'd be talking
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Whatever may have spawned it, everything about that meme is true.

I find it interesting that subaru has been making "great" cars that eat rings and headgaskets for longer than pretty much any of us has been alive.
Head gasket failures are actually a lot more rare on turbo engines...

The ringland issues can be associated with abusive driving, lack of maintenance and shit tunes + shit mods. Something that wouldn't be any different on a SR20DET. Again, I'm sure some engines are fucked from the start, but it's not as common as the internet likes to believe.

I mean there's no shortage of STI's on AutoTrader with 100K-150K+ mi on them and a lot of them are still going for $15K-$20K.

Go ahead and keep believing whatever you like, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Don't see anything wrong with that. Pretty much follows back to what the original Z's designed was based on too.
That's the thing... Some of us want Nissan to recapture the essence of 90's to early 00's "Nismo Shit" vs. trying to make a "This is a cheaper Vantage/ F-Type esque option".

I'm not hating on this new Z. Just not seeing anything that makes me want one "yet" (which is why I'd have to see one IRL, before making complete judgement).
Old 09-15-2020, 11:04 PM   #13366
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thumbs up proto

I think that the big square front grille looks great and will not touch it at all.
I wish they keep front as it is - simple.

Agree with you all about the door handles, they don't have to be so big and obnoxious.

In general its beautiful and elegant design.

I love it.

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:15 PM   #13367
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Keep it simple and clean Nissan and let the aftermarket take care of all that "RICEY" crap.

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:17 PM   #13368
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
All the people complaining about the grille, it?s literally drawn straight from the 240z. Also did everyone forget the huge grille opening the 350z concept had?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheRealSy90; 09-17-2020 at 10:59 AM..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:23 PM   #13369
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:

Head gasket failures are actually a lot more rare on turbo engines...

The ringland issues can be associated with abusive driving, lack of maintenance and shit tunes + shit mods. Something that wouldn't be any different on a SR20DET. Again, I'm sure some engines are fucked from the start, but it's not as common as the internet likes to believe.
Well just because your car doesn't have a turbo, doesn't mean your headgasket should turn to mush at a hundred thousand miles.

I might worry about the oil if I was buying one, but I generally see them when a problem reaches it's apex, so I'm much more aware of the headgaskets.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:03 AM   #13370
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
All the people complaining about the grille, it?s literally drawn straight from the 240z.
Which imo looked better with a lip/ chin spoiler on it.

The lip (not the canards, or red accent splitter) on that grey rendering makes the front bumper look a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Well just because your car doesn't have a turbo, doesn't mean your headgasket should turn to mush at a hundred thousand miles.

I might worry about the oil if I was buying one, but I generally see them when a problem reaches it's apex, so I'm much more aware of the headgaskets.
Agreed. The problem with the NA EJ was the open deck block and shit single layer head gasket. Subaru changing to a multi layered steel HG did some to remedy the issue, but some still had problems, because of the open block design.

The USDM turbo variants have a semi-closed deck, so that's why the issue isn't prevalent (realistically any car can blow a HG, though).
Old 09-16-2020, 06:55 AM   #13371
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Love the styling of the Nissan Z Proto. The greenhouse looks like the Z34, so we might be looking at a refresh/rework of sheet metal on an existing platform (think Dodge Charger/Challenger). This can certainly help with keeping cost down.

I also see a lot of aftermarket potential too.

Hopefully Nissan survives long enough the bring this car to production (with minimal changes).

Last edited by SimpleS14; 09-16-2020 at 07:35 AM..
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:33 AM   #13372
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

I did 2mins of MS paint to that Nismo render.

I think it looks a lot better without the GT wing, red accent and WS stickers (I'm not good enough to change the camber/ stancy):
Old 09-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #13373
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Just it being boosted and 6spd is a huge plus
I see it being priced a little under the supra

Another plus is reputable companies like AMS have already gotten a lot out of the Q50/Q60 platform, they have also been promoting this reveal heavily
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #13374
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
'Crankaholic' on Jalopnik photoshopped the front air dam to be less square and it looks much better imo
I'm honestly mixed about this concept. While I think the squared grill opening from a dead on front view looks a bit bad, the 3/4 and side profile view that shows it's angular shape look infinitely better. If they were to simply round off the top, bottom, or both corners, it would provide a more appealing modern shape but you'd risk, in essence, giving it a GTR shaped grill which would really kill it's identity. I think it'll show better in person so I'll wait.

I think the same goes for the rear end. It looks good and I get where they're pulling design cues from, but I don't think it belongs. The rear end with the tail lights reminds me more of a retro styled FC if Mazda were to ever consider it.

They nailed the body profile and interior on this thing though; looks absolutely killer.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #13375
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
That looks so much better.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #13376
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
More rear shots and also to get a better idea of size. Taillights are now starting to give off a Testarossa vibe.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #13377
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't like the front grille or the rear end. The greenhouse is tiny.

I like the front corners and side profile. The interior is decent.

Moot points because I'll never buy one and will likely never drive one.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #13378
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Is anyone actually digging that gimmicky "katana" trim?

I guess they could always option it the same color as the roof, or carbon fiber.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #13379
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The katana is the weakest shit. lol
Old 09-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #13380
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Is anyone actually digging that gimmicky "katana" trim?

I guess they could always option it the same color as the roof, or carbon fiber.
They're doing it for the weebs.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote