Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #1321
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Does't get any better..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2014, 11:42 PM   #1322
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good god, that exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

This is why, as I've said many times in this thread, DRIFTING SUCKS. The entire culture of "American Drifting" is what is creating this shitbox cars. Kids are spending way to much time trying to "build race cars" with "mad angle mods" and "look at me trendy signature touches" (flat paint, rusted hoods, zip ties stitches, hanging stuffed animals etc).

This is what happens without magazines. People used to want to be featured in magazines... and magazines used to refuse to publish such bullshit.
i blame the whole bloodmasters and hoonigan crap for that. everything they ever do is "hurr durr missile car" and basically promote building a shitty car. official hoonigan mech is actually being sold in Zumies stores now, which is basically a breeding ground for posers and wana-be's.

imagine a teenager that has no real idea of what drifting and drift culture is, walking into a Zumies and seeing all that hoonigan crap. theyre gonna go home and look it up and see nothing but piss poor, beat to shit, ugly ass cars and think thats all that drifting is. then they buy and "build" a "missile" car.

anyway. came across this earlier.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #1323
Boss240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (25)
Boss240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
I would say that our community is in dire need of help. Yesterday I went to the SoCal s chassis car meet at k1 kart racing in Anaheim. I feel like every year it gets worse and worse. Out of the 150 cars I saw there I would say a good 120 of them would be part of the ratchet40 gang or would trump them in their amount of pride for half assed builds and lack of shame.

It's like the scene from kung POW enter the fist.
The one were the guys gets beat up and is bleeding, so he says,"i am bleeding, clearly making me the victor" then his sensei says "we trained him wrong as joke"
Awwww I was there this year and my car is probably one of the many shitboxs your talking about ( I working on it though). I wish I could have taken pictures, because I wanted to put paisa drift up here, they're just as bad as ratchet40gang.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #1324
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

lol, is this a picture from the meet?

Old 08-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #1325
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Man, y'all spending way too much bread. 240 stuff is soooo cheap if you know how to shop.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #1326
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Man, y'all spending way too much bread. 240 stuff is soooo cheap if you know how to shop.

Says every junk wagon owner ever.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #1327
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:

The more I look at the more I want to set it on fire...

Rusted Frame, Battery just "chillin" ziptied FMIC, "Vented Hood", Custom "Headlights", custom "Bash Bar"...

I really hope this dude indenpentantly put that Sonic Motor decal on and isn't actually 'sponsored'...
Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #1328
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I hear what you are saying but I built this for about $12k

I'm almost double that into my SC and it looks no where as cool.
I think MOST of the issue is people think you have to be rich to make a car look good. It's kind of along the same lines as people bragging about how expensive their stuff was.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #1329
OnTheChip
Zilvia Junkie

OnTheChip is an unknown quantity at this point
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 428bf3.jpeg (27.7 KB, 457 views)
Old 08-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #1330
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I hear what you are saying but I built this for about $12k.

See you are an educated enthusiast. You understand $12k is chump change in the grand scheme of things.

The problem is 240-fanboys think they should be able to swap a $1000 SR into a $1000 roller on $500 coils with $800 wheels and it should look like this....

Instead it looks like this..

And anyone that disapproves is a "JDM Bro", a hater or is "not keeping drifting fun".
Cuz everyone knows you can ball on food stamps.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #1331
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:

i'm surprised karls zombie car hasnt made an appearance sooner.

although, it is the very definition of a missile. its track only, gets brought out for thrashing, and he does have another car for competition (karl is a FD pro driver for DNA Motoring), and he's a hell of a good driver.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #1332
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
i'm surprised karls zombie car hasnt made an appearance sooner.

although, it is the very definition of a missile. its track only, gets brought out for thrashing, and he does have another car for competition (karl is a FD pro driver for DNA Motoring), and he's a hell of a good driver.
Thats fair, but it doesn't give the OK to ZIP TIE YOUR FMIC...
Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #1333
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Man, I seriously could build a decent looking S13 for $5k or less easily.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #1334
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
although, it is the very definition of a missile. its track only, .

So what?

This is a track only car as well.

Quote:
and he does have another car for competition (karl is a FD pro driver for DNA Motoring),
So when a team is building and sponsoring him, the car looks good, but when it's left to just him....

Quote:
and he's a hell of a good driver.

Them why he be all smashed up?

The problem with missiles is that people Are trying to make them! If it's just a "race car" then why does he have half a body kit? Why did he paint the wheels and cut the hood? Why is the car five colors? Why is it that not even my local destruction derby qualify this car as race-ready?

Track drifting needs to catch up to the 1920s and start instituting safety inspections and standards. Shit would never fly at a NASA or SCCA event.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #1335
AndyC

Trader Rating: (3)
AndyC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #1336
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Man, I seriously could build a decent looking S13 for $5k or less easily.
I bought 2 clean S13 coupes for 3k.... sold the 1 for 2500... built the other with the money from the spare parts the guy gave me with th 2 cars.... sold car w/ a few mods for 4700. didn't have a $100 invested into either of them.

If you can find a cleanish shell or running car for a decent price, 5k is a pretty large budget if you shop YAJ and are willing to wait. the SSR's Varden Sport sitting my parts room cost less than a set of XXR's including shipping. the Rushing to build one will increase expense exponentially, but for the most part they are very reasonably priced to build. hell, even things on here can be a Deal if you are patient and can put in the time.

I also see crazy prices for mostly stock cars, if you aren't patient and wait for a good price, you are going to start spending a lot more. specially if you over pay for a smashed one.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #1337
Corbic
Post Whore!

"You're doing it wrong." - A thread to ridicule turrible, just turrible ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post

, 5k is a pretty large budget if you shop YAJ and are willing to wait.
Lies. After shipping and fees I've yet to see anything totally amazing. Maybe 10 years ago when yen was 110 to the buck, but any more - meh

Quote:
the SSR's Varden Sport sitting my parts room cost less than a set of XXR's including shipping.

Wheels are a crap shoot. They are almost always shit offset, corroded or curbed bad and redrilled. When you do find something cool - it's only a pair.

If almost rather have XXRs over Varden Sports.....

Quote:
.I also see crazy prices for mostly stock cars, if you aren't patient and wait for a good price, you are going to start spending a lot more. specially if you over pay for a smashed one.

Prices are bound to rise. Clean stock cars have become unicorns and fairy tails only whispered online these days.

I have not even seen a 240sx in my area scrap yards for almost a year now.

Last edited by Corbic; 08-18-2014 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: fix
Old 08-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #1338
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
So what?
This is a track only car as well.
So when a team is building and sponsoring him, the car looks good, but when it's left to just him....
Them why he be all smashed up?
The problem with missiles is that people Are trying to make them! If it's just a "race car" then why does he have half a body kit? Why did he paint the wheels and cut the hood? Why is the car five colors? Why is it that not even my local destruction derby qualify this car as race-ready?

Track drifting needs to catch up to the 1920s and start instituting safety inspections and standards. Shit would never fly at a NASA or SCCA event.
1. do you understand how missile works?
2. his "pro" car doesn't look that good either (looks wise, not build quality wise)
3. because years and years of tandem
4. 1920s? yeah because NO drift event does any kind of safety check or tech before an event.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #1339
Boss240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (25)
Boss240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

lol, is this a picture from the meet?

That's them but not from the 6th annual s chassis meet, also in the first group of pictures you have that kid drifting into a curb with the spring flying out he is part of paisa drift
Old 08-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #1340
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Lies. After shipping and fees I've yet to see anything totally amazing. Maybe 10 years ago when yen was 110 to the buck, but any more - meh

Wheels are a crap shoot. They are almost always shit offset, corroded or curbed bad and redrilled. When you do find something cool - it's only a pair.

If almost rather have XXRs over Varden Sports.....

Prices are bound to rise. Clean stock cars have become unicorns and fairy tails only whispered online these days.

I have not even seen a 240sx in my area scrap yards for almost a year now.
wheels were 17x8 and 9 +38 (maybe it was 35 cant remember). 4/5x114.3. was 573 shipped. very happy with them as back ups to my BRS posions.

I picked up a set of Greddy Type S coils with controllers for $750 (including fees) and other than a single scuff on one top hat, they looked brand new. Even GTRgarage was amazed at how nice and new looking they were. I planned to rebuild them, but now I'm just going to run them as they seem to be basically brand new.

I bought both of those cars a little over a year ago. I see a lot of stockish cars still around town, even with all the drifto tards who smash up cars. they do exist and I see a lot of them actually. Maybe it is the area you are in, but they are not uncommon here.

PS $1=102.55yen. the exchange rate hasn't gotten that bad.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #1341
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
1. do you understand how missile works?
Buy nice car, hit wall and say "fuck it, cuz drifto"

Quote:

2. his "pro" car doesn't look that good either (looks wise, not build quality wise)
Ok?

Quote:

3. because years and years of tandem:
Is tandem a Japanese word for neglect?

^ years and years of tandem and "put em in the wall"...but with 20 other bros.

Seriously: why don't this drifters just go tube chassis already? Better safety, cheaper, easier to repair and infinite adjustability.

Quote:

4. 1920s? yeah because NO drift event does any kind of safety check or tech before an event.

Yes... The 1920s when hundreds of clubs and groups started making rules and shit.

That car would never pass any legitimate tech. I've been to drift days and I've seen how they tech. It's a fucking joke.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #1342
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
wheels were 17x8 and 9 +38 (maybe it was 35 cant remember). 4/5x114.3. was 573 shipped. very happy with them as back ups to my BRS posions.

I picked up a set of Greddy Type S coils with controllers for $750 (including fees) and other than a single scuff on one top hat, they looked brand new. Even GTRgarage was amazed at how nice and new looking they were. I planned to rebuild them, but now I'm just going to run them as they seem to be basically brand new.

I bought both of those cars a little over a year ago. I see a lot of stockish cars still around town, even with all the drifto tards who smash up cars. they do exist and I see a lot of them actually. Maybe it is the area you are in, but they are not uncommon here.

PS $1=102.55yen. the exchange rate hasn't gotten that bad.

Good work.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #1343
Burris167
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Burris167 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
See you are an educated enthusiast. You understand $12k is chump change in the grand scheme of things.

The problem is 240-fanboys think they should be able to swap a $1000 SR into a $1000 roller on $500 coils with $800 wheels and it should look like this....

Instead it looks like this..

And anyone that disapproves is a "JDM Bro", a hater or is "not keeping drifting fun".
Cuz everyone knows you can ball on food stamps.
Lol, I don't know where you got that picture from but I bought that car as a shell back in 2011 for 300 dollars just for the coilovers.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #1344
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burris167 View Post
Lol, I don't know where you got that picture from but I bought that car as a shell back in 2011 for 300 dollars just for the coilovers.

I think I google searched "junk 240sx". Lol
Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #1345
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
We all do our hobby in our own way. I don't see any problem with the above as long as it doesn't look like that shitbox you posted. But since you called it a "drift car" I suspect it looks like a pile of shit.

This is why, as I've said many times in this thread, DRIFTING SUCKS. The entire culture of "American Drifting" is what is creating this shitbox cars. Kids are spending way to much time trying to "build race cars" with "mad angle mods" and "look at me trendy signature touches" (flat paint, rusted hoods, zip ties stitches, hanging stuffed animals etc).

This is what happens without magazines. People used to want to be featured in magazines... and magazines used to refuse to publish such bullshit.
I drift, and I know plenty of people who d who do not have "shitboxes" I feel like everyone who hates on drifting just isn't man enough to really drive a car, or tried and failed so now they have to put up this front that drifitng is bad. I'm pretty sure cars were meant to be driven. So what's wrong with driving them?

I understand the hate on the full blown POS cars. That people are just too lazy to fix, but I really enjoy drifting. To me it's worth the hassle. I still make my car presentable as I do enjoy it looking nice, but I would rather have fun drifting the have fun staring at my car.

I also have a Miata I take to track days and daily. It could be clean and slammed, but instead it's function, with meaty tires. Because I want it to perform well.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #1346
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
I bought 2 clean S13 coupes for 3k.... sold the 1 for 2500... built the other with the money from the spare parts the guy gave me with th 2 cars.... sold car w/ a few mods for 4700. didn't have a $100 invested into either of them.
Right on. This is how I was able to do a car while in college. Just have to be smart. If I were to do an S13 right now for under $5k I would just do coils and Battles. Stock KA is plenty for track.

If you can't do this for $5k then... I just dunno...
It may not look amazing but it does look decent.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #1347
Minnesota_nice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Minnesota_nice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
got a kick out of this on urban dictionary

Hardparking
The act of owning a Japanese car riddled with roll cages/high-end race suspension/expensive forged wheels, and never taking it to the track. These people frequent places like honda-tech.com appearance/cosmetic forum, and can often be found arguing about rotas and other parts that they don't do shit with anyway.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #1348
Slip&Sliden 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Slip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #1349
Corbic
Post Whore!

You gonna get pinked! Lol
Old 08-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #1350
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burris167 View Post
The very definition of doing it right. Bravo, sir!
Quote:
If I were to do an S13 right now for under $5k I would just do coils and Battles. Stock KA is plenty for track.

If you can't do this for $5k then... I just dunno...
It may not look amazing but it does look decent.
Exactly. Just gotta follw the K.I.S.S. Method: Keep It Simple, Stupid!