Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2017, 04:59 PM   #14791
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuntaSensei View Post
idk the pic I shared was posted this month...

but yeah let's see how fire these rides are bruh bruh

lit. killing the game.
This entire post is stretching things a bit. There's nothing inherently wrong with any of these
Old 05-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #14792
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
That's all Florida? Like right now?

God damn
But wait, there's more! (This is all currently listed on craigslist in Tampa/Miami)

Old 05-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #14793
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Florida gets a real bad rep but there is some nice ones down here. South FL "drift" scene is basically no existent. OSW community is what we are trying to get going but besides Palm Beach there is no tracks. Promoter down here is charging about 200ish an event and does terrible marketing and supporting the community. Its about a 2ish drive and you need to basically run the track in 3rd/4th going about 40-80mph. My buddy and little bit of me are trying to bring it back to our county line days and hopefully do a skid pad or parking event soon.

The clean 240s down here are either kept by older folks or just hard parked for the likes and ego or built for going fast. Very seldom do I see one color clean body boosted chassis that is sliding.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:32 PM   #14794
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^so basically your point is florida deserves the reputation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
This entire post is stretching things a bit. There's nothing inherently wrong with any of these
the hell you talking about? s13 - hella pork, stupid ass slanted headlight shit, smoked tail lights and side markers, screamer pipe out the hood, the "pulled pork built" banner. s14 - gross flares, hella pork again, mini truck wheels, banner again, smoked headlights, folder tab bumper things, washing car with one of those shitty, scratch-tastic soap brooms.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #14795
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Florida gets a real bad rep but there is some nice ones down here. South FL "drift" scene is basically no existent. OSW community is what we are trying to get going but besides Palm Beach there is no tracks. Promoter down here is charging about 200ish an event and does terrible marketing and supporting the community. Its about a 2ish drive and you need to basically run the track in 3rd/4th going about 40-80mph. My buddy and little bit of me are trying to bring it back to our county line days and hopefully do a skid pad or parking event soon.

The clean 240s down here are either kept by older folks or just hard parked for the likes and ego or built for going fast. Very seldom do I see one color clean body boosted chassis that is sliding.
OSW expanding the skid pad too
If you're in the Florida scene who know who's who, if you don't know someone they're probably one of the cars in the DIW, never seen or heard of them and never will.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:33 PM   #14796
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

I'm not at all hating on our scene. There are actually quite afew super clean drift cars, and there's been a big lack of spray painted graffiti stapled on over fender cars at events. It's just funny how easy it is to find those cars on craigslist.It's not just the drift cars that are bad, everything is affected here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
OSW expanding the skid pad too
If you're in the Florida scene who know who's who, if you don't know someone they're probably one of the cars in the DIW, never seen or heard of them and never will.
Very valid point, and those people are all the internet sees. Most of the time a Florida car gets posted in here I've never even seen it.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #14797
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
I'm not at all hating on our scene.
You guys in central and tampa/north west side have amazing scenes. I kinda trailed off and tried to defend the stereotype about florida but went off about sfl and my local scene way down here. A few of the cars you posted I know the person or know of them. Im really talking about the whole "south florida" scene which is basically south miami to west palm.

Florida is massive as far as states goes so to me central/north is basically a whole different scene since its so big.

I actually think we have the best schassis region wise than the north east and west coast. There is some crazy builds and cars down here. No emissions and easily drive any type of grey market car no problem. Plus year round weather to build a car if you dont mind the heat.

From what I've noticed the cleanest cars down here dont show face much on social media, internet or even to meets really.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #14798
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

I actually think we have the best schassis region

OT:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:13 PM   #14799
joshg51
Zilvia Member

joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
someone save those g corp skirts from that death trap
Old 05-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #14800
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:

...so not having tracks means your car can be a steaming pile of shit? You have two (maybe three) kinds of s-chassis owner:

1.) Shitboxes...[HOONIGAN] shitboxes.
2.) Guys buying them from Japan and flipping them for a premium.
~3.) The rarely seen nice car. Thats why I said maybe three.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #14801
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Jax to orlando then over to Tampa is about where my FL car map stops. Only know a couple south florida dudes but their cars are straight heat.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #14802
X9C
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
X9C is making a name for him/her selfX9C is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Let me assist you guys. Florida sucks! 98% shit cars 2% cool cars. 2% doesn't change anything.
X9C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #14803
timandytimandy
Leaky Injector

timandytimandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Metal overfender. Never said killing the game. Red car has no business be here.
timandytimandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #14804
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Is the metal over-fender just the quarter panel off another s13?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #14805
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
If we have to thoroughly discuss the diw'ness of the car, it probably doesn't belong here. DIW is fairly obvious.

Now stop making me dig thru and enlarge photos. That's foolishness.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #14806
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Stop arguing about whos state has the most idiots ruining cars, they are everywhere...

Here is a GEM from my local CL

Old 05-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #14807
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by X9C View Post
Let me assist you guys. Florida sucks! 98% shit cars 2% cool cars. 2% doesn't change anything.
Can't that be said about most states though?

And Lunchbox, shut the fuck up about the vette. If you really think that's DIW, gtfo. That car is rad and he has worked hard to improve it properly. Drifting it is not DIW, especially when it's clear he knows what he's doing. If anything it's showing people there are other options besides 240s, 350z, and frs's. Get over yourself
Old 05-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #14808
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
My beef was the "stancing" bit. Under the impression he was going to slam the thing then make it bow legged. I'll admit I was skeptical that damned thing could drift, just based off the wheelbase and track width, not to mention the grip, corvettes have. He can keep it sideways, so props for that. Haven't watched one of his videos in forever, till I saw one of Motion auto tv's and saw the vette. Ok, so it's not a haggard shitbox.....unlike the haggard shitbox miata. Which looks like someone ate a bunch of hks swag, then projectile vomited onto a car.
And that post was ages ago, and no one said anything.....till he showed up.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:54 PM   #14809
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...so not having tracks means your car can be a steaming pile of shit? You have two (maybe three) kinds of s-chassis owner:

You are pretty much spot on lmao, basically what I said in my post. Im really talking about the drift scene down here which means cars outside of schassis. Not having a track really plays a big role in the community since the only way to get into the scene is either go street drifting which is a whole another topic and really to know someone that drifts... PBIR marketing for cars is all through roll races at the drag, as far as the actual course there is an event MAYBE every 3-6 months with shitty advertising and turnout. The only people who show up have literally been in the community for the last 10 years and whatever newbies show up the drop drifting because the track is not drift friendly at all. You need to basically run your car sliding on throttle at 60mph in 3rd and 4th. Plus the majority of people who show up are about 2ish hours away. The scene down here is basically a tiny group of people who run streets and when you run streets you have sorta the fuck it mentality because your gonna break stuff, you drive to have fun (even if its DIW), and you're poor. The cost of living hear compared to other states is crazy in some aspects.

Overall florida from south like Kendall to jax there is crazy nice cars from schassis to domestic, most just dont show face and you really have to know the owner personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Jax to orlando then over to Tampa is about where my FL car map stops. Only know a couple south florida dudes but their cars are straight heat.
The schassis drift cars down here that are stupid nice are basically kids with momma/daddy money or already have extra disposable income because theyre adults. The dudes with the shit boxes and DIW are young kids basically tossing whatever they can with shit hr job pay as part time work. I dont drift my car but I can honestly say out of my group of people and friends down here mine is probably the cleanest but i've busted my ass of working to pay for it and im very particular with getting things done right. They have been getting better as drivers the last year since my car is out but most of them need to be styled up big time. I've been trying lately to get them in the mentality of doing things right and its working. There is potential down here but the kids need a track and not have to pay 500ish every time for an event 3 times a year on a terrible track. We need our old county line lot back, those days was when we actually had a drift scene.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #14810
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Knowing that drifting is uncommon in Florida makes it even more attractive of a retirement for me in a couple years.

But, let's direct attention away from Florida in general and get back to just posting things that are being DONE WRONG in the automotive world.

AKA - Back on topic, fuckers!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #14811
BuntaSensei

BuntaSensei is an unknown quantity at this point
did not realize there were enough n00bs here to have to thoroughly discuss why this belongs here

don't put that shit on me haha

https://instaliga.com/pignosecrasher...189_2049090226
Old 05-25-2017, 06:42 AM   #14812
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:33 AM   #14813
BuntaSensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
big wang
are these wings ever going to end?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #14814
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
are these wings ever going to end?

One can only hope this epidemic will end soon.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #14815
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
did not realize there were enough n00bs here to have to thoroughly discuss why this belongs here

https://instaliga.com/pignosecrasher...189_2049090226
Welp, now you're in the loop. So you can stop posting cars with small wheels, stretched tires, and fender flares just because you don't like a window banner that you can barely see in most pictures.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:30 AM   #14816
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
My beef was the "stancing" bit. Under the impression he was going to slam the thing then make it bow legged. I'll admit I was skeptical that damned thing could drift, just based off the wheelbase and track width, not to mention the grip, corvettes have. He can keep it sideways, so props for that. Haven't watched one of his videos in forever, till I saw one of Motion auto tv's and saw the vette. Ok, so it's not a haggard shitbox.....unlike the haggard shitbox miata. Which looks like someone ate a bunch of hks swag, then projectile vomited onto a car.
And that post was ages ago, and no one said anything.....till he showed up.
Admittedly, it was an old post. I check this thread maybe twice a year and just jump around and I noticed it. Also, for the stancing aspect. I literally made a video explaining why the car won't be slammed because the shock asssemblies are so short as is, that I would have absolutely no stroke left, which would ride/perform like shit. So I didn't do that. I personally designed the coilovers for the car and chose function over form. I will have to space the front wheels out a bit more. And add some camber for the angle mods, but not to be a hot boi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

Anyway. OT

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/6121893600.html

While we do have plenty of shitboxes, I think 1. It's gotten much better since the CFRC days of literally DIW Poster child cars I haven't seen a car like that at an event in a long time. People don't seem to be going that route so much anymore. If a cars a shitbox, it wasn't intentionally turned into one, and that's even rare to see. 2. I think the internets perception of Florida cars is pretty skewed. We have a LOT of nice s-chassis, AE86, etc. The problem is we don't have people like Simba, and that crew/Final bout guys that actually drive them here. They're show queens here which doesn't really count in my opinion.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #14817
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Aight. Truce. You ain't the fuck boi type. I hear stance, and immediately think slammed and rickets suspension.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #14818
BuntaSensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
Welp, now you're in the loop. So you can stop posting cars with small wheels, stretched tires, and fender flares just because you don't like a window banner that you can barely see in most pictures.
take notice of the shitty ass fitment, train car wheels, haggard application and install of said fenders, out of place hood vent etc. so let me know when these things are no longer DIW and I will stop posting poser "dorisha" builds. move along

Old 05-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #14819
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooook
Old 05-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #14820
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!