Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-31-2017, 09:46 PM   #14851
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Bmx240sx can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Things been up for sale since I was looking for my s13... going on a year and a half I think

What's diw about that? The man can't sell a car lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmx240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2017, 10:40 PM   #14852
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmx240sx View Post
tf is wrong with California

LOL DUDE

this dealer has been posting way overpriced xj cherokees for a while. i'm wholly and sincerely amused that they have jumped into the s chassis market. i can't wait to watch this sit on their lot while the price slowly ticks down month by month.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #14853
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Source: Grip Royals IG
Old 06-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #14854
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Things been up for sale since I was looking for my s13... going on a year and a half I think
yeah man been seeing this thing forever on CL. Theres gotta be somebody out there looking for a carbed, auto, mopar 383 s13 with skyline style tails right? RIGHT???
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #14855
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
I think the previous owner wanted to widen the body & must have thought body filler would be better then over fenders... Idiot

Old 06-01-2017, 06:23 PM   #14856
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Weight reduction lol curious to see how much bondo that actually weights. Thats at least a couple tubs right there.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #14857
EmpyreS13
Zilvia Member

EmpyreS13 is an unknown quantity at this point

EmpyreS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:42 AM   #14858
Bmx240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Bmx240sx can only hope to improve
I hate when people paint cars with body filler lmao

Bmx240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #14859
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreS13 View Post

^^^ if thats doing it wrong I dont wanna be right
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:38 AM   #14860
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #14861
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Weight reduction lol curious to see how much bondo that actually weights. Thats at least a couple tubs right there.
When I do the other side perhaps I should save it all vs throwing it in the trash right away & actually weigh it.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #14862
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #14863
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin

jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #14864
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
So fucking true....
I'll go cry now
Old 06-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #14865
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
so stupid looking jfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89fastback View Post
Finally mounted the bumper for a local event Sunday.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #14866
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
but muh truck motor's an LS swap!
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:11 AM   #14867
89fastback
Zilvia Junkie

89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
so stupid looking jfc
Finally someone hates it lol hate on bro!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
89fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #14868
89fastback
Zilvia Junkie

89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
but muh truck motor's an LS swap!
And its a 5.3 I wanna run all the boost!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
89fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:36 AM   #14869
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmx240sx View Post
Just saying bc coils are trash my 0.02

What is your logic for this assessment? What do you consider "good" Coilovers. If you say anything other than Moton, Pneske, JRZ, then I disagree.

Literally the majority of these "JDM" name brand coilovers are all made by the same company in TW. It's the placebo effect of quality at it's finest. It's like people who buy an supreme stuff for and claim it's because it's made well.

P.S Not hating, I just see a lot of misinformation about suspension. I'm not saying we are the best, by any means. But if you even just spent a few hours researching what suspension does, and looked at just the design of our stuff vs competitors. You would likely have a different opinion. I could explain these things. But I'm not here to bash anybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loufig View Post
Lol I know Taylor in real life back from his Porsche cfrc days looking all haggard. PS I am not just some piece of shit I am the Piece of shit that made your butt hurt so good for Taylor and damn it worked. You must be one of the dick riders who are in love with a youtube channel. lol Taylor isn't bad just thinks he is something when he is just a kid from Orlando who drifts and works at BC. Btw I get off on watching you fools get so mad over the internet defending your friends Epeen. I am touching myself right now reading this.
***looks up taylor ray on youtube finds old video of my flat blue Porsche that has CFRC in the title, pretends he actually knows me. You gotta do better than that.

I wasn't going to respond because I get enough hate in my comments section to be numb to it by now, So i'm really not bothered, but I am curious who I think I am other than a guy who drifts, that lives in Orlando, and works at BC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
How the hell is he a poser? STFU kid. He doesn't claim to be anything he's not. He seems like a super chill guy and he knows how to handle a car. Watch his videos from Japan last month. Also his Corvette is rad. It's got awesome style and he's doing the best with what he has. When there aren't any/many options, he goes out of his way to make option, unlike the ebay shopping cart you probably have waiting for your "build".

Edit: Just went through your post history and you seem like a real piece of shit. I hope the mods ban your useless ass
Thank you. I try really hard to include everything including my mistakes in my videos. I don't act fake excited to get people hyped. I never stage anything, because I despise BS setup nonsense.

There are some other people who have a very different mindset. Including using footage of my driving as them to look like they know what they're doing.. I won't name names. (nobody local)

Loufig, "Taylor isn't bad just thinks he is something when he is just a kid from Orlando who drifts and works at BC"

I wasn't going to respond to you, but I am genuinely curious who I think I am other than a guy who drifts, is from Orlando, and works for BC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
so stupid looking jfc
Seen a couple local cars with these all truck setups, and they literally sound exactly like a truck. Not sure if they're just running wrong, or the intake/exhaust manifold have something to do with it?

Last edited by tayloray; 06-06-2017 at 11:30 AM..
tayloray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #14870
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Eh, I have some old BC Br coilovers on my s13 and I know exactly what they are: cheap entry level coilovers. With that said, I've really enjoyed them. My only complaint is they don't go as low as I'd like in the front with 15's. I've planned to get them rebuilt/revalved with shorter swift springs to improve them and fix that one issue.

I laugh when people knock on BC. From my experience they are good(4 years on my set I bought used) and their customer service is great. Also, there's a reason they've seemingly become the leader in coilovers in the drift community. That doesn't happen when a company is bad. It seems like 9/10 people go with PBM or BC.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #14871
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Eh, I have some old BC Br coilovers on my s13 and I know exactly what they are: cheap entry level coilovers. With that said, I've really enjoyed them. My only complaint is they don't go as low as I'd like in the front with 15's. I've planned to get them rebuilt/revalved with shorter swift springs to improve them and fix that one issue.

I laugh when people knock on BC. From my experience they are good(4 years on my set I bought used) and their customer service is great. Also, there's a reason they've seemingly become the leader in coilovers in the drift community. That doesn't happen when a company is bad. It seems like 9/10 people go with PBM or BC.
We can actually do just shorter shocks to get the ride height you want. Another thing people don't realize is that off-the-shelf setups are designed with a happy medium for everyone.

We offer extreme low, or fully custom stuff that could lay frame, or have enough stroke to jump the car if you wanted. At no charge. I guess we just don't market that well enough...

Our Digressive DR's are super solid. Up there with the best of them until you get into 3-way (which we also make) or regressive stuff (penske only, about 9-12K for a set with no mounts)

Also, I've seen so many setups where the cheap aftermarket arms were binding at 1/2 compression of the suspension, or weird stuff like that causing the car to handle terrible. A good damper won't help if everything else is wrong. Shit you could run a CX Racing coilover and do better than a car with Penske's if they had some of the issues I've seen before.

There's a lot more I could explain, but I'm not going to get into it. Anyway, moral of the story is theres a lot more to all of this than people realize.

God, i've derailed this thread. Back OT

Old 06-06-2017, 11:40 AM   #14872
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post

I always thought "millennials" bought homes just so they could have a place to house their project cars. Or am I just speaking for myself?
Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #14873
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
We can actually do just shorter shocks to get the ride height you want. Another thing people don't realize is that off-the-shelf setups are designed with a happy medium for everyone.

We offer extreme low, or fully custom stuff that could lay frame, or have enough stroke to jump the car if you wanted. At no charge. I guess we just don't market that well enough...

Our Digressive DR's are super solid. Up there with the best of them until you get into 3-way (which we also make) or regressive stuff (penske only, about 9-12K for a set with no mounts)

Also, I've seen so many setups where the cheap aftermarket arms were binding at 1/2 compression of the suspension, or weird stuff like that causing the car to handle terrible. A good damper won't help if everything else is wrong. Shit you could run a CX Racing coilover and do better than a car with Penske's if they had some of the issues I've seen before.

There's a lot more I could explain, but I'm not going to get into it. Anyway, moral of the story is theres a lot more to all of this than people realize.

God, i've derailed this thread. Back OT
It really isn't a big deal to me. I knew they didn't go super low when I bought them, the super lows were made for a reason after all. The car still has a great stance to it, I just wouldn't mind going a tiny bit lower in the front. I could have just put some shorter springs on but at this point after over 3 years of abuse, it couldn't hurt to have them redone. I also don't want to just throw a stiffer swift spring on, I'd like to have them revalved so it's done properly. If I'm not mistaken the type Br's are the lowest tier coilover you offer, and even so my car feels super solid whether I'm on the track or taking an off ramp aggressively. I paid $650 shipped for these when I got them. I really don't think I could have gotten a better coilover for what I spent. Hopefully nothing in my post came off as talking down about BC because I love mine and recommend them to anyone who asks.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #14874
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
BC coils are as stiff as Rhianna's nipples.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #14875
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
BC does suck, how does their R&D department work? Bolt it on. Good. Next car. Hahahaha Hey this is a strut type car in front. No worries our 12mm piston rod will hold up juuuuust fine hahahhahah
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #14876
obscene
Leaky Injector

obscene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
BC coils are as stiff as Rhianna's nipples.
is that a good thing or a bad thing? asking for a friend
obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #14877
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscene View Post
is that a good thing or a bad thing? asking for a friend

if you know what you are doing good thing, if you don't possible you might crash your car and blame it on a stuck open throttle cable or some shit like that.
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #14878
coBBz
Zilvia Member

coBBz is a well-known jackass
DIW Short Story Time

Bought my first car about a year ago. It was a 1989 240sx w/ a blown KA (paid more than I'd like to admit). I threw in a SR and put every penny I earned over the course of six months into the thing. It was my first build and I loved the thing. Out of nowhere, some dude came up with an offer I could not refuse, and so I sold it for $5500. He immediately posted it up on Craigslist and tried to flip it for $7500. I don't have the picture for that for sale ad, but I do have the one he posted a week later for $5200 lol

Another week passes and he buys a shit ton of parts from me that I was just about to put on before I sold it to him. He eventually sells it for $4500 looking like this.
https://streamable.com/sost1

Here it is a week after the new owner receives it.
https://streamable.com/9bmys

I guess this car attracted people with more money than brains with me being the first victim lol

RIP to my first build
coBBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #14879
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Stuck throttle cable or doesnt wanna man up and say he crashed his car on his own...

im waiting on the Gofundme link.....

im no expert and the car wasnt smashed on the throttle body side but shouldnt the tb be stuck up??

Anyways.....

RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #14880
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Stuck throttle cable or doesnt wanna man up and say he crashed his car on his own...

im waiting on the Gofundme link.....

im no expert and the car wasnt smashed on the throttle body side but shouldnt the tb be stuck up??

Anyways.....
I wonder if his clutch got stuck too
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote