Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #121
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Front, sideskirts are rattled. Looks like ass.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #122
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post

before wet sand, buff, or even washing over spray off.
Does it glow in the dark?
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #123
Synicals13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Synicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choicesSynicals13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
from this

To this, but i still gotta wet sand and redo the hood and top. Im probably gonna clear it with a spray gun over the weekend too. I went with gunmetal

Old 05-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #124
240esux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240esux
the whole car was rattled canned and came out even. you just cant let a section dry before the rest and you have to paint it in sections.im happy with it.
duplicolor gloss white.

semi gloss black.
duplicolor FTW.
please xcuse the wheels.
240esux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:54 AM   #125
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
someone satan black my car!!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #126
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Satan Black, THE EVILEST COLOR EVER!
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #127
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
matte black MF'ers!

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #128
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
240esux moar pixors plz of white car.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #129
kahlistrophic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of lightkahlistrophic is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
decided to do the fenders yesterday and today...came out ok i guess...much better than they were before though..lol

before:

after:

only downside is that now that the fenders are nice and shiny i can see exactly how f*cked up it is in terms of dents......oh well
Old 05-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #130
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post

before wet sand, buff, or even washing over spray off.
what rear wheels are those?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #131
240esux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240esux

thanks to mr. squidd for the photos.
240esux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #132
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^ that looks pretty good, nice and glossy.

I'm about to attempt to rattle my front here pretty soon, i'll post pics when it's done.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #133
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
those wheels look sick on that pig nose 180

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #134
thestreetzking
Zilvia Junkie

thestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nicethestreetzking is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to thestreetzking
my question is, if say the roof is spray painted and then wetsanded etc. but there are some uneven lines, like you can see a patch here and there, will rubbing compound hide this and just make it one solid shiny color or will you still notice the patches when glossy
thestreetzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #135
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
i think, it should be gone after u wet sand it down
when i did my roof, after clear coat, there is some area where its "heavier coat" and so on, after polishing, no patches or anything
blackrms13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #136
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
spray canned the rear bumper..
from a full origin kit was saving to put on the car.. since my GP rear bumper was fucked and in the middle of moving, i decided to throw the origin rear bumper on..

Luckily it matches the rest of the car lol.. i believe the car was sprayed witha gun flat black..
Old 05-30-2008, 02:05 AM   #137
gabe30
Leaky Injector

gabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfectiongabe30 is close to perfection
to those who inquired about the light green car.. its not glow in the dark and those are enkei meshes.
gabe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #138
DirtyOldMan
Zilvia Member

Location: NORCAL - SAC NOT Bayarea NOT So Cal NOT Anywhere Else! JUST SACRAMENTO
DirtyOldMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DirtyOldMan
dam yutas car gave me a reason to paint my shit pink heh

My WHITE WHEELS are 15x11 -46 STOP ASKING!
DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #139
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz

bumper, trunk, wing, skirts are rattle canned... looked okay. Then I got a real paint job.

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #140
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Front, sideskirts are rattled. Looks like ass.

Sorry to bump an old thread but the way that Teddys front used to look like is what my lip and sides look.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #141
DrtyRat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
DrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfectionDrtyRat is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I will personally never paint the outside of my car with spray paint, however, I had some slight surface rust, in my spare tire well, in the trunk of my coupe.
Here's how it started:

I bought this from pep boys:

I figured that I could remedy this problem myself, even though I don't know what I'm doing, I just figured I'd use some common sense.
I sanded it down, hit it w/a wire brush and sprayed the rust spray:

Finished product:

Personally, I think it looks good, and it accomplished what I wanted it to.

Quote:
America... Too soft to place a killer in a well deserved tomb, But brave enough to kill a baby before he leaves the womb
DrtyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #142
krazyfil
Zilvia Addict

krazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choiceskrazyfil has made poor choices
here is my old car... i dont know if this helps... but this is how i had her before the accident

Old 08-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #143
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
i rattle canned my rear trim piece a while ago, came out pretty good:

i sprayed a thin layer first, let it dry for a couple of minutes and then sprayed a very thick, wet layer, just so much that the paint wont run. i didn't use clear coat by the way.

the most important thing is prep work of course, i primered it beforehand, sanded the primer with 600 grit and then painted it red.

got another one:

friends car.
whole kit was rattle canned als well, no clearcoat.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #144
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
my custom 2 tone
front bumper, sides and rear,
walmart flat black can 96 cents total for one can?
no clear coat nor prep.

OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #145
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I bought the car satin black, and rattle-can'd the aero with duplicolor's dark primer - didn't paint this set of 25mm fenders cause I'm not planning on keeping them (too small). Just add baller wheels, no one even notices the paint

I rattle-can'd my engine bay and the engine (engine with high temp silver block paint, bay with metallic black + duplicolor holographic flake). Sanded everything down, two coats of primer (one light, one thick), sanded with 320, then hit it with 3 layers of base, wet sanded with 600, 800, 1200, then cleared. 3 coats of clear, wet sand again, then a couple coats of flake. It looks good, but never again - the rest of the car is too baller for rattle can.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #146
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
dam some impressive results out of these rattle can jobs.... personally me i wouldnt use rattle can paint. If your patient you can have good results but if not it will look like crap. I guess for the ones that cant afford a good paint job is a good idea or for those who just abuse their car. 2 things that are really bad about using rattle can 1. paint does not adhere good so when you take it to the car wash with enough pressure paint will just fly off. 2. its not protected from the sun damage which means it will fade pretty fast unlike a 2 stage urethane paint. If anything instead of using rattle can a 1 stage acrylic enamel paint from the paint shop would be better since youll be able to automize the paint better with a spray gun.... thats just what i think.
zylvia213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:42 AM   #147
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:03 AM   #148
DirtyOldMan
Zilvia Member

Location: NORCAL - SAC NOT Bayarea NOT So Cal NOT Anywhere Else! JUST SACRAMENTO
DirtyOldMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DirtyOldMan
i love spraypaint hehe

My WHITE WHEELS are 15x11 -46 STOP ASKING!
DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #149
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
heres mine rattled picked it up like this some of the colors are miss matching i think the guy ran out of the same paint lol
drftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #150
pnoynation
Leaky Injector

pnoynation is an unknown quantity at this point
just a few questions to those who have rattle can their cars. do you have pictures of the freshly painted and the recent pix of it? curious to how good its been holding up from weather beat downs. thanks