Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #121
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
you made a fouls ass comment and I responded as any black man should when a white dude refers to black people as animals. You were talking specifically about your experience growing up with black people, how else was I supposed to take it?
dude, i NEVER referenced black people only as animals. the other kids (white, black, and puerto rican) acted like animals every day. so now thats settled i'd like to discuss your points.

Quote:
Who specifically are you referring to when you say animals then?
You go from talking about how you spent so much time around so many black people for so many years, how would I not think that you are referencing them?
again, their were plenty of kids of all races. nothing in my entire post was directed soley at black people. i was talking about inner cities and poverty areas. yes the majority are black, but their are tons of other races living in their as well.

Quote:
What you dont seem to understand is that the majority of black feel there is NO hope so what is the point in trying. When you see yourself repeatedly trying for change but it doesnt do anything do you keep trying?
thats a cop out. their is a black president for christs sake! how can you say nothing much has changed since the civil rights movement?! i'll be the first to admit that yes stereotypes do exsist and predjudice still happens. but look at yourself, you essentially aggreed with me...you say you wake every day and attempt to break that stereotype! in a nutshell i think it would work alot better if others shared your thoughts on the matter

Quote:
We have no been struggling in america for how many hundreds of years? Oh yeah since the beginning of the country!
Now ho do you expect that people started their live as LIVESTOCK, to make that much of a change when they were so recently empowered?
So in the past 30-50 years or so we are supposed to just drop the prior hundred years and change our lives.
see i feel this i big problem, a BIG problem. other races have it farrrrr worse and you don't realize it. they didn't feel oppressed or so badly beaten down they just gave up. people still bring up slavery like it happened yesterday. where you a slave? where any of your family slaves? i sure as shit didn't own slaves! no one in my family owned slaves (italian immigrants). so why bring it up?

Quote:
We have been systematically undereducated since we were brought to this country. You act like slaves were allowed to read and write. We have been playing a very obvious game of catch up and saying its our fault is fucking ridiculous.
yes again, with the slavery, yes it was a horrible and ignorant time for our country. but their is no excuse and you haven't been playing catchup. just like you and i the last couple generations grew up in a blatant racism free world. we were all afforded the oppurtunity for public education. i think its the fault of the kids today and those i grew up with who chose to not take it serious and say "fuck it". who else is to blame? if we take 2 white kids and 3 black kids and put them in the same school and the black kids choose not to apply themselves, their parent's don't enforce rules, morals, class on them and they drop out/get expelled...how is that not the fault of the student/parent?

Quote:
Never once did i say it was BECAUSE of schools and neighborhoods, but the fact that black people are forced into shitty neighborhoods with shitty schools doesnt help. The fact that you were able to move and ALL your "black friends" didnt, should go to show that its not as easy as you claim.
yet the paragraph above you claim that because they're playing "catch up" they have lost motivation or drive? no one is forced into shitty neighborhoods, the dr. doesn't pull a baby out and stamp "ghetto" on the kids ass. he has to live with the choices of his parents. it's up to the parents to break the cycle and try and get their kid to do whats right and succeed in life. the reason i moved out and they didn't was because i busted my ass and they didn't. i tried my hardest to get good grades and when i didn't and couldn't get a scholarship instead of "giving up because things weren't going good enough" i joined the Marines. drastic yes, but it just goes to show where their is a will their is a way. nothing in my life has been easy because i'm white, NOTHING. i've had the EXACT SAME OPPURTUNITIES AS EVERYONE ELSE GROWING UP IN MY CITY....they just chose not to break the cycle and move up in life.

Quote:
Have you ever seen a new project? No because they were all built in the 60's-80's. So how do you know how they are when they are new? have you ever lived in projects? can you even go into projects with out getting hassled? Because I cant. Projects are the biggest egg crate shitholes they could stick anyone in. For you to sit here and say its the inhabitants just shows your ignorance.
touche, yes they are delapted and to a point unsalvagable and only time is to blame. TO A POINT. but their is no excuse for low income housing/section 8. i've seen them being built and they were literally nicer then where i live now. however after a couple years they look disgusting, cops their all the time, broken bottles all over place. whos fault is that? how is that ignorant? they started off nice, two years later they are trashed! who else is to blame?

Quote:
How do you presume to know so much about it? How would you even pretend to comprehend what its like to be judged on the color of your skin and have the people in power view it with a negative connotation?

like i said, i grew up in a shit neighborhood filled with shit scumbags of all colors. the majority of my trouble came from the black kids, i was tormented and picked on, robbed and attacked because the color of my skin. so thats how i comphrehend what it's like to be targeted because of my color. have you went through that? have you been attacked or robbed because you were a black guy in a white neighborhood? no, the worst that happens is a cop hassles you. so yeah, whether you want to admit it or not or choose not to acknowledge it reverse racism is dominant in low income/poverty areas.

Quote:
Have you ever seen studies on how much harder it is to get a job with a "black" name than it is a "white" one?
Exact same resumes, but "Jennifer" gets a call back, while "Lakeisha" doesnt. Whos fault is that? I guess there is just a lot of prejudiced hiring managers out there huh?
no i haven't. does it happen maybe. but what about affirmative action? is that ok? that a man who is less qualified can be hired because the color of his skin? even if thats not the case why do you think those people aren't hired? the stereotype right...the same one you are trying to break by doing your part and bettering yourself. couldn't you say that if more did the same it would break alot faster? so how is it the white mans fault because he's pretentious after years and years of negativey and basis for that stereotype.

Quote:
Yes i think its the "white mans" fault, ronald reagan, strom thurmond, george bush (JR and SR). These people very obviously and openly dont like black people. They were in power for how long? Do you think black people went and found cocaine in colombia and some black scientist invented crack? Nope american government. Who was and always has been a majority of white males. Now I am not saying black people live up to their potential in every case or even try as hard as they should. But when all you see your whole life is that the outcome is the same whether you try or not of course your going to go the easy route.
not engaging because i don't know enough about that area to make factual statements.

Quote:
The fucked up thing is, these "handouts" you complain about were started and continue to run because there is such a huge gap in wealth and opportunity. I mean by your logic black people havent done anything for themselves so how would we create our own handouts just so we could be lazy?
how does that even make sense?
yes their is a gap and the handouts were created to HELP progress, instead people call it quits once they get on welfare or other forms of state aid. and thats for all races, welfare and such is a joke and it PROMOTES laziness and lack of motivation. hell why get a job when i can get handouts while sitting on my ass doing nothing and make almost as much money. how many people do you know collect welfare and use it for what it's for? i've literally seen people gamble with fucking food stamps. gamble with them. thats the mans fault? thats a classic case of "giving and inch and taking a mile".

Quote:
I will pose the same question to you about stereotypes.
How am I supposed to live outside someones preconceived notion of me based on the color of my skin? Should i run up to every white person and shake their hand and say thanks for opportunities you have given me?
no, just carry yourself in a dignified manor and strive for success. and engrain that in your kids. what i don't get is the general concensus is that people want to be treated equally right? so how come they go sooooooo far out of the way to be different and alienate themselves via obnoxious behavior, lack of class, and moral discipline?
Quote:
Get real dude, the facts speak for themselves There are reasons black people live/act the way they do, and it started on slave ships. If you cant see or believe that than you truly are ignorant and you will die a happy man because you know your right.
this statement disgusts me. like i mentioned, alot of races have been persecuted and socially rejected, hell some even have GENOCIDE commited against them. how are they able to bounce back? look at the steps they've taken to progress...whats so different from their situation? and again, you weren't a slave, you're family wasn't a slave. wheter you want to admit it me and you were given the same oppurtunities. no difference whatsoever.

Quote:
Meanwhile you havent answered or addressed any of the comments or questions i have raised. All you have said is basically black people do it to themselves, and if they would just change everything would be ok. LOL thanks for that
first off i wasn't reading your responses. i was doing my best to stay out of it until i read the comments about schools. while i don't think that black people do it to themselves, i feel that their have been plenty of oppurtunities to make things ok. yes, slavery/segragation sucked...but the country has taken great strides to make good on it and give the tools need to succeed. the rest is up to the culture and the people.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #122
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Black culture has to hold up it's end of the bargain and start moving forward but there is still a "man" there reminding you. A lot of opportunities are presented(scholarships, community grants and such) but the source of the problems remain.
what problems? like i said and like you said...the culture needs to hold up it's end of the bargain. and in my opinion and experience it's not. plain and simple. it's angers me that out of an entire culture the ones who choose to bettern themselves and strive in life are the rarity. believe it or not i'm not a racist. i just want everyone to be on the same playing field and i feel like some cultures just don't to play ball period.

i don't get it, you literally basically summed up my whole view and opinion but when i say it i'm a racist? because the color of my skin i'm not allowed to agree with you...and yet i'm racist.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #123
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I read all 4 pages.

cliffnotes of what I had typed.

I would choose jennifer over lakisha cause the general population would think lakisha is ghetto. Unless Lakisha and Jennifer were equally nice and edumacated people, then I would have here wear a nametag that said "hi my name is Lisa". Is that racist? No, it's marketing.

My family was too poor to move to a better city. Hell they actually moved to a shittier part of town cause that is all we could afford. I still managed to move out and get away from there. Siblings grew up and moved out as well. Military is an amazing opportunity.

...I dont fit no stereotype and Im educated

umm...null and void cause two negatives cancel each out. "i do not fit no stereotype and I'm educated" I'm horrible at english but I'm great at math ;D

Lets just put it this way. We are in America. We do have the ability to change our destinies. Some more than others.

But on a side note, I would want to be a black lawyer. lol. Imagine, even if you were fucked with, you would just lay down the hammer! it would be awesome.

p.s. we all drive a 240. It's becoming the honda of today. So these popo be rollin up on us tryin to catch us ridin dirty....but when I roll down my window...they are like. "who's this white guy blastin Jay Z wearing a fucking purple striped shirt like he's got flavor"

and that's when I get the...get out of your car....aww..tattoo's. shaved head. must be in a gang. Yup. You are right....you got me! lol
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #124
SoBay240guy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SoBay240guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I guess whats bothering me is the lack of resolution. It's made to sound like the struggles of black people in america is just that and always will be. I'd like to think there has been progress in setting the framework for progress.

There has been and there will be progress, people like wake like to wallow in their own stink and bitch about everything shitty, and not recognize opportunity,

unless he is 40 he hasn't lived thru any truly horrendous racist times, I know lots of engineers and managers at aerospace companies that had alot harder time proving themselves because it was accepted to treat African American's with less, if any respect. But they had the drive and reached their dreams. Some people would rather just bitch, we can't fix the mentality, we can only keep writing checks.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #125
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
lmao @ the age remark
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #126
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
dude, i NEVER referenced black people only as animals. the other kids (white, black, and puerto rican) acted like animals every day. so now thats settled i'd like to discuss your points.
When we are talking SPECIFICALLY about black people, you chose to make the reference. Period

Quote:
thats a cop out. their is a black president for christs sake! how can you say nothing much has changed since the civil rights movement?! i'll be the first to admit that yes stereotypes do exsist and predjudice still happens. but look at yourself, you essentially aggreed with me...you say you wake every day and attempt to break that stereotype! in a nutshell i think it would work alot better if others shared your thoughts on the matter
Lol whats a cop out? so since we have a black president there is no racism?
THAT is a cop out, just like racist people saying they have black friends. Just because one step was taken doesnt mean there is an end in sight. Its not something that can just be dropped and forgotten. And peoples outward appreances dont always show what they harbor in their hearts. if the tea part could call Obama A Ni__er without looking racist they would have a long time ago. Same with bill oreilly and glenn beck. And who do you think is listening to these people?
You think its black people?
Since you are not black, you will not understand, Which was my ENTIRE original point. AL you have done is prove me right.

Quote:
see i feel this i big problem, a BIG problem. other races have it farrrrr worse and you don't realize it. they didn't feel oppressed or so badly beaten down they just gave up. people still bring up slavery like it happened yesterday. where you a slave? where any of your family slaves? i sure as shit didn't own slaves! no one in my family owned slaves (italian immigrants). so why bring it up?
Please tell me what races are have it worse and are more oppressed and how much better they are doing?
What the congo where blacks are killing blacks?
What mexicans in the united states?
or maybe the czechs and serbs?
or the jews and palestinians?
please explain who they are and how they are doing "better'.
See this is the problem, you think because something happened a long time ago people should just forget about it when it still has an effect?
Would you go into a synagogue and tell jews to get over the holocaust?

Quote:
yes again, with the slavery, yes it was a horrible and ignorant time for our country. but their is no excuse and you haven't been playing catchup. just like you and i the last couple generations grew up in a blatant racism free world. we were all afforded the oppurtunity for public education. i think its the fault of the kids today and those i grew up with who chose to not take it serious and say "fuck it". who else is to blame? if we take 2 white kids and 3 black kids and put them in the same school and the black kids choose not to apply themselves, their parent's don't enforce rules, morals, class on them and they drop out/get expelled...how is that not the fault of the student/parent?
So basically your saying family structure in black homes is not up to par. therefore the kids shouldnt expect to suceed?
Do you understand how shit is passed down? If they were never given the skills to begin with where are they supposed to come from? Do you think black parents dont tell their kids that they want them to go to college? or tell them to come in when its dark?
You claim to have grown up in this environment but it looks like you have so much resentment its not allowing you to take a step back and look at thing for what they really are. THAT is how racism begins.

Quote:
yet the paragraph above you claim that because they're playing "catch up" they have lost motivation or drive? no one is forced into shitty neighborhoods, the dr. doesn't pull a baby out and stamp "ghetto" on the kids ass. he has to live with the choices of his parents. it's up to the parents to break the cycle and try and get their kid to do whats right and succeed in life. the reason i moved out and they didn't was because i busted my ass and they didn't. i tried my hardest to get good grades and when i didn't and couldn't get a scholarship instead of "giving up because things weren't going good enough" i joined the Marines. drastic yes, but it just goes to show where their is a will their is a way. nothing in my life has been easy because i'm white, NOTHING. i've had the EXACT SAME OPPURTUNITIES AS EVERYONE ELSE GROWING UP IN MY CITY....they just chose not to break the cycle and move up in life.
Now that is the most ignorant thing so far.
Not playing catch up? how can you even fathom that? How can you say that one race that was purposely un-educated and moved into the worst parts of a city arent at a disadvantage?
You really are blind to how things actually affect people, for some reason you seem to think that shit can just be forgotten. You make such broad generalizations its almost impossible for you to nail down your point. You cant just say THEY didnt try, They didnt do anything to better themselves. Srry but for people like me that dont believe in supporting our government in its current form, joining the armed forces isnt an option. So basically black people should go from eekng out a living in the ghetto to fighting wars against other brown people and having probably the same chances of dying? how is that a better option?
The main thing you are missing about having the same opportunities, is that your white.
and that my point. You just cant understand that we, regardless of parenting or environment or any of that, DO NOT have the same opportunities.

Quote:
touche, yes they are delapted and to a point unsalvagable and only time is to blame. TO A POINT. but their is no excuse for low income housing/section 8. i've seen them being built and they were literally nicer then where i live now. however after a couple years they look disgusting, cops their all the time, broken bottles all over place. whos fault is that? how is that ignorant? they started off nice, two years later they are trashed! who else is to blame?
Must be the black people that lived there and ruined em eh? hence our existence driving property values down?
Where are all the projects in the suburbs? i mean if the feild is so level why are we still called "urban" while we all now modern suburbanites are predominantly white?
well maybe punjab or asian out here.

Quote:
like i said, i grew up in a shit neighborhood filled with shit scumbags of all colors. the majority of my trouble came from the black kids, i was tormented and picked on, robbed and attacked because the color of my skin. so thats how i comphrehend what it's like to be targeted because of my color. have you went through that? have you been attacked or robbed because you were a black guy in a white neighborhood? no, the worst that happens is a cop hassles you. so yeah, whether you want to admit it or not or choose not to acknowledge it reverse racism is dominant in low income/poverty areas.
You really just dont get it.
I grew up in santa cruz CA, one of the whitest places you can go. YES i have been beaten up, chased, jumped and harassed because I was black, i have been called the N-word for running across the street when the lhand was flashing, this happened when i was in jr high, and came from a full grown man. I used to have to worry about the groups of skinheads roaming the streets in downtown santa cruz trying to give black kids what they call "boot partys".
I have even had entire parties turn into fights because a skinhead pulled a rap tape out of the deck and snapped in half and said "fuck this ni__er shit" and when the homeowner tried to kick him out, he announced that all the white people should go with them and "all the Ni__ers can stay", I was the only black person there at the time. Him and his buddies broke down the door with a fire hydrant, sprayed it inside the house, and started beating people up as they ran out the door. The cops got 27 separate calls for that on incident. All I was doing was trying to fuck this one chick that happened to be there.
Now on the flip side of that, I have been harassed while walking through black neighborhood, was it because of the color of my skin? possibly, i am fairly light. Or was it just that I was somewhere I shouldnt have been?
You really just dont seem to understand the fundamental differences.

Quote:
no i haven't. does it happen maybe. but what about affirmative action? is that ok? that a man who is less qualified can be hired because the color of his skin? even if thats not the case why do you think those people aren't hired? the stereotype right...the same one you are trying to break by doing your part and bettering yourself. couldn't you say that if more did the same it would break alot faster? so how is it the white mans fault because he's pretentious after years and years of negativey and basis for that stereotype.
affirmative action is a fucking joke and the quota that they have to fill with it is something like 1 minority, not even a black person specifically. As long as they already have a minority working they dont have to hire another one. You people really need to drop that as a fucking crutch. It doesnt even apply in the way you guys try to use it.

Quote:
not engaging because i don't know enough about that area to make factual statements.
Sorry bro but YOU just lost all credibility

Quote:
yes their is a gap and the handouts were created to HELP progress, instead people call it quits once they get on welfare or other forms of state aid. and thats for all races, welfare and such is a joke and it PROMOTES laziness and lack of motivation. hell why get a job when i can get handouts while sitting on my ass doing nothing and make almost as much money. how many people do you know collect welfare and use it for what it's for? i've literally seen people gamble with fucking food stamps. gamble with them. thats the mans fault? thats a classic case of "giving and inch and taking a mile".
Do you have ANY idea how many white people there are on welfare right now?
Do you realize that the gap between rich and poor grows more everyday.
Do you know anything other than your opinion?

Quote:
no, just carry yourself in a dignified manor and strive for success. and engrain that in your kids. what i don't get is the general concensus is that people want to be treated equally right? so how come they go sooooooo far out of the way to be different and alienate themselves via obnoxious behavior, lack of class, and moral discipline?
Now this is just ignorant
My dad is highly intelligent, speaks proper english, has run for city council twice. Is the head of the local NAACP and ACLU, Has NEVER been to jail or had any kind of record and raised me to be the same. However that didnt stop him from getting arrested for jaywalking in santa cruz.

Quote:
this statement disgusts me. like i mentioned, alot of races have been persecuted and socially rejected, hell some even have GENOCIDE commited against them. how are they able to bounce back? look at the steps they've taken to progress...whats so different from their situation? and again, you weren't a slave, you're family wasn't a slave. wheter you want to admit it me and you were given the same oppurtunities. no difference whatsoever.
Again show me these "bounce back" ethnicities. Remember we are talking about AMERICA here. So it would behoove you to stop bringing up other countries.
I would still like examples though.
Maybe the american indians? or any indigenous people for that matter?
aboriginees? africans in south africa?
I suppose you gonna mention the jews bouncing back? lol
come on dude back your shit up.

Quote:
first off i wasn't reading your responses. i was doing my best to stay out of it until i read the comments about schools. while i don't think that black people do it to themselves, i feel that their have been plenty of oppurtunities to make things ok. yes, slavery/segragation sucked...but the country has taken great strides to make good on it and give the tools need to succeed. the rest is up to the culture and the people.
Finally you admit you werent reading my responses.
Therefore everything you said was just opinionated BS.
Im glad YOU feel that there have been opportunities "to make things ok" What you need to understand is that its going to take as long to make everything ok as it did to fuck it up. We are about 50 years into that 300 or so now.
please tell me these strides the country has taken. What desgregating water fountains? letting us use the same bathrooms? letting us date white chicks?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00

Last edited by Wake; 08-09-2011 at 02:28 AM..
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #127
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBay240guy View Post
There has been and there will be progress, people like wake like to wallow in their own stink and bitch about everything shitty, and not recognize opportunity,

unless he is 40 he hasn't lived thru any truly horrendous racist times, I know lots of engineers and managers at aerospace companies that had alot harder time proving themselves because it was accepted to treat African American's with less, if any respect. But they had the drive and reached their dreams. Some people would rather just bitch, we can't fix the mentality, we can only keep writing checks.
Your ignorance is showing

I stated my dealing with racism, for you to assume I havent had any experience with it is truly stupid.
Continue assuming, you guys just make me look more right. You just admitted that there is still prejudice against black people and it is harder for us to prove ourselves, lol.

Please explain how I am wallowing and not recognizing opportunity. I had no idea that you knew me.
Glad that you assume Im lazy and dont strive for anything because of my point of view about our countries history and its affect on me and people like me. I have never said there hasnt been progress, just not as much as you guys claim there has been. The field is still nowhere near level as you guys proclaim it to be. Go read what Phlip told you after your asinine question to him.

But Im just bitching and not doing anything about it. So Im part of the problem right? what are you guys doing to make the world a better more equal place?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #128
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah there exist no racism at all anymore... I mean having a serious conversation about the Presidents birth certificate had NOTHING to do with him being black... yup... nothing...
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #129
Wake
Premium Member

Once again i will pose this question.

Does the KKK still exist?

Does the black panther party still exist?

Now Im really done, this is going nowhere. And as long as people feel that they have already done enough and we should just ignore it, all the longer there will be a place in this country for racism.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #130
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Black Panther is a joke, compared to the KKK...

always....

We (black) people don't have time on our hand to hate....we have families in jail, and fatherless kids to raise!

KKK members have square miles of land to train on and perpare for zombie attacks!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #131
ineedone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ineedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Once again i will pose this question.

Does the KKK still exist?

Does the black panther party still exist?
Yes to both, but they are hardly comparable... Not only did the KKK act as terrorist and kill unknown amounts of people, but they were institutionalized and had political clout till about the 80's. By that I mean there existed active members of congress who were public members of the KKK or like groups. In Alabama you needed the Klans approval to run for any state/federal legislative body for example. The Panthers never came within the same universe as that and to suggest otherwise would be... ridiculous to say the least.
ineedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #132
Wake
Premium Member

The black panther party hardly exists in any capacity other than a small organization of concerned citizens, trust me. But you are 100% right.
I was in Huey Newtons funeral. Look him up if you dont know who he is.

Black panthers get murdered by cops or falsely put in jail, why?

Why dont you hear of KKK members getting the same treatment?

Am I supposed to be comfortable and believe there is no more racism when I go visit my family in Indianapolis and i have to see fucking adopt a highways that are sponsored by the KKK?

If you saw a highway sponsored by the black panther party would you feel threatened?

Oh and sidewayssil80, you suck at spelling. Not a personal jab, just pointing it out.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #133
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

For the most part all who took part in this thread, aren't racist. Racism breeds from ignorance. To go online and go to a car thread and have a healthy discussion proves niether of us are racist. Rather very intelligent of us to continue discussion on issues still unlining us all(Americans).

What many of us can, and have agreed upon is lazyness in society. What's considered cool, what's considered manly, what's considered a goal in a young person's life. These things greatly affect how two people can go two completely different roads in life. Despite there personalities, your community can greatly affect one person, and not the other.

Many of us (blacks) grew up in nothing, and have seemed to have made it compared to our peers. Our peers which are many are holding us back by chasing hoes, and 22 inch rims.

If you aren't closed minded you'd know that poverty is a hand that holds tight on a community.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #134
Wake
Premium Member

I dont believe anyone here got called a racist.

And I agree I think class has as much to do with it as race.

my whole original point, if anyone remembers was that its hard if not impossible for one to put themselves in another races shoes, in regards to specific situations, such as dealing with law enforcement.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #135
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

dunno

ahahahahahahahah
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #136
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
African american exist because European brought us here and BRED us for hundreds of years to be the strongest, biggest, and dumbest.

If there had been no slave trade, there would be no african americans, just africans. Therefore we are are own rack, I can just say black people because that includes dark skinned people from all over the world. I am talking specifically about black people in america that are the descendants of slaves. So what ever point your trying to make, doesnt make sense.
so are you trying to say that africans weren't smart enough to migrate to america on their own?

cause you just did
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #137
Wake
Premium Member

What?

Are you talking about africans emigrating after the united states was formed?

Why does your question seem like your just trying to start shit?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #138
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
was just saying. you basically said that africans only came to america because of the slave trade. thats how i read it, which still doesnt mean why some black people call themselves african american.

ive been in africa longer than most people that call themselves that
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #139
Wake
Premium Member

I dont understand your point.

My point WAS that we as african americans dont naturally occur in nature, we were bred.

If an African came to America on his own he is still an African, if he has children in America they are African American, and any subsequent offspring share the same moniker.

Does that make sense?

White people born in south africa are still called south africans right? but they are called white or black by skin color, obviously. So if I say black person, it doesnt give you any definition as to what nationality said black person is.

You being in africa is an american in africa. Assuming your country of origin is america.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #140
yokotas13
Post Whore!

you just dont understand

black and latino are the only cultures that add their "heritage" to american.

what makes you so special to think it matters? thats what im getting at. do you think you are better calling yourself an african american, when noone recent in your line is even FOB african? You are a black american. just like i am a white american, not a Polish american.
My wife can say she is Flip american, because her mom is FOB. our kid when we pop one out? American. once you get a generation away...you are 25% or less of the original source...making you not really that source there homie.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #141
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

^^^

Wrong

You can feel free to circle European American next time you fill out a form. It's only politically correct. I wouldn't want to be called Black American. Black the word, and it's uses in American history has spoiled the word to be used as reference in a positive light.

atrocious, bleak, depressing, depressive, dismal, dispiriting, distressing, doleful, dreary, foreboding, funereal, gloomy, horrible, lugubrious, mournful, ominous, oppressive, sad, sinister, sombre, threatening - dictionary

"Here comes a couple Black Americans"

The way our current culture is only negative thoughts comes to mind.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #142
yokotas13
Post Whore!

the point is...you are american. no need to separate yourself..
Old 08-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #143
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

I'm with you, no doubt!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #144
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
I'll just leave this here hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K-_2AHYh0
Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #145
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
you just dont understand
No your just trying to prove a completely nonsensical and totally unrelated point. SO I didnt understand the correlation

BTW, I consider myself 100% american, I was only using the term African american to distinguish from the other nationalities of black people being brought up. Which I explained numerous times.

Try to keep up.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 AM   #146
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
what problems? like i said and like you said...the culture needs to hold up it's end of the bargain. and in my opinion and experience it's not. plain and simple. it's angers me that out of an entire culture the ones who choose to bettern themselves and strive in life are the rarity. believe it or not i'm not a racist. i just want everyone to be on the same playing field and i feel like some cultures just don't to play ball period.

i don't get it, you literally basically summed up my whole view and opinion but when i say it i'm a racist? because the color of my skin i'm not allowed to agree with you...and yet i'm racist.

A culture was suppressed for a hundred years and then crushed during and shortly after the civil rights movement. The government at all levels made steps to put people of color down and keep them there. A lot of these polices are still in place. You can put a bandaide on it by giving out a scholarship but that doesn't address what caused the problem in the first place.

I want to say something about the Black Panthers and the KKK but there is so much to say and people don't usually want to hear it. It just leave you all with a keyword to search for, CoIntelPro.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #147
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
Military is an amazing opportunity.

Why do you think the army and marine corps are made up of mostly minorities, with African Americans being the largest group?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #148
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

We are trying to get away!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #149
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
so are you trying to say that africans weren't smart enough to migrate to america on their own?

cause you just did
What the FUCK is wrong with you? Seriously? Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

This is not flaming or trolling. I am stupefied by this comment.

EDIT
Go find what we call each other versus what the government has decided we will be called. Are we ni__ers, negros, afro-american- african american or black? Maybe we are Negroids. All of those were accepted terms at one point but did anyone bother to ask us what we want to be called. Fuck no. So we took what they wished to beat us down with a gained strength from it and built a new identity.
Your and others ignorance on this whole subject is showing how far we have to go before there is any sort of unity in America.

You truly don't understand and you seemingly have no wish to.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #150
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
haha you guys take this internet shit wayyy to seriously