Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #121
BoxMan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
BoxMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've been fooling with Photoshop CS3 Extended for a while now. I put these up on my myspace and everything. I also did my avatar. the one wif the box on it and yeah that's really me. I did all of these, you won't find these by anyone else on the web. Enjoy.

BoxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #122
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's some stuff I did back in the day. I admit, it's nothing really special. Just some basic stuff done in Photoshop.

I'm too lazy to upload any of my drawings. I draw mostly cars, planes, boats, and various characters of my own creation...I suck at drawing landscapes and stuff. I have this cool film noir style painting I did that I'm kinda proud (considering I kinda suck at painting...stupid unsteady hand) of but unfortunately it's too large to scan.

Anyways here's some pics...don't mind the RSR Image thing.

Logo I did for a contest...I didn't win. Oh well.

Did some experimenting. I was going for that active camouflage look.

And a few artists that I'm a fan of are Edward Hopper, Christian Lorenz Scheurer, Tim Bradstreet, and Syd Mead.

Edward Hopper:

Christian Lorenz Scheurer:

Tim Bradstreet:

Syd Mead:

Websites:
Official Web Site of Syd Mead

(Scheurer) homepage

The Online World Of Timothy Bradstreet

Edward Hopper
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #123
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Reviving an old thread.

Something I'm working on for my wing website.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #124
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
A painting I am working on

Docking Bay 94

(doesnt hotlink pics from my blog )

ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #125
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That looks sweet Eric. I'd love to take up painting again later in my life.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #126
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I wish I had the time to spend on my cs4.....unfortunately I have to learn it all myself. Doing things without knowing the shortcuts....well...takes forever. On a side note...I love art...Please...those posting up pictures....How long have you spent doing x painting, and what mediums are you using?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #127
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
I wish I had the time to spend on my cs4.....unfortunately I have to learn it all myself. Doing things without knowing the shortcuts....well...takes forever. On a side note...I love art...Please...those posting up pictures....How long have you spent doing x painting, and what mediums are you using?
I learned the basics of PS in college but any advanced stuff I learned on my own. A good way to learn is to just do tutorials. Do a ton. Some of them will assume you know certain things though. But yeah, tutorials up the ass.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #128
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I learned the basics of PS in college but any advanced stuff I learned on my own. A good way to learn is to just do tutorials. Do a ton. Some of them will assume you know certain things though. But yeah, tutorials up the ass.
thanks...this guy was showing me things in cs3...looks like everything had shortcuts listed next to the tab...cs4 doesn't have any of that...so I will start doing the tutorials. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #129
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
thanks...this guy was showing me things in cs3...looks like everything had shortcuts listed next to the tab...cs4 doesn't have any of that...so I will start doing the tutorials. Thanks for the tip.
Yes, shortcuts are important when you get into advanced stuff. but when you are learning the shortcuts...are just shortcuts. They don't make things any easier to do.

I've been working in PS for years but only over the last 2 years or so have I really been focused on learning all the shortcuts. Most are second nature to me now though.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #130
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes, shortcuts are important when you get into advanced stuff. but when you are learning the shortcuts...are just shortcuts. They don't make things any easier to do.

I've been working in PS for years but only over the last 2 years or so have I really been focused on learning all the shortcuts. Most are second nature to me now though.
So then I have a question for these ps users...I have cs4...the whole thing...illustrator...etc..i don't know all the programs... Can anyone tell me the easiest way to scan a black and white image, put it on photoshop and color it...without disturbing the black lines on the page. I basically want to make a comic book...and color it on ps.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #131
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Pen Tool. It would be done the same way I did the Pirahna above.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #132
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Pen Tool. It would be done the same way I did the Pirahna above.
I'll use it when I get a chance...thank you.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #133
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I'll use it when I get a chance...thank you.
The pen tool in PS and Illustrator is one of THE most important tools to learn. It takes some time to master but once you do you'll really understand it's importance.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #134
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
mel i need to get back into art :/

how should i inspire myself??
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #135
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It's tough when you feel like that. For the longest time I didn't feel like picking up my camera even. Then I went on a awesome trip to a place that i was really excited to shoot and I was totally rejuvenated. That's what worked for me.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #136
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
mel i need to get back into art :/

how should i inspire myself??
foriegn movie on the tv
amalie soundtrack playing on the ipod or stereo.
10 at night
coffee
bre cheese and some bread.
pencils and paper.

look at blogs through out the day on street art and things too.
just keep linking to things and eventually you will find some stuff you really dig and that is creative.

what kind of art do you like?
you like camera stuff, paining , digital, building?

there are so many things that make art.
As long as your being creative!

This is a link to a blog that is using one of my photos/art.
Its probably my most used photo around the internet.
Graffiti Light | Digital Design Advice

or i paint,
Docking Bay 94: Bored, Painting a Coffee table

draw

had to send out some stuff to 6 premies, so i painted the envilopes quik so it made a picture when together, and pieces when seperate

my halloween costume is hand made

a steampunk keyboard for the computer i am making

roadcone/street art project i havent done in a long time
I would replace cones with mine.

So many different things can be described as art.
I want to get a place with a garage so i can fabricate a couch i have been thinking of for a couple years.
(oh, and build a drift car too.)

Will maybe post a pic later of that disney mosaic i am fighting along wiht.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #137
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Where'd you get the keys for the steampunk keyboard?

When I get a new laptop or PC I think it would be fun to turn my current laptop into a steam punk inspired piece.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #138
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
a steampunk keyboard for the computer i am making
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #139
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
man you guys make some nice stuff

my most recent, i've added afew more details and cleaned up some of the shading
and i put rg2's on it like a couple days ago
maplejesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #140
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Where'd you get the keys for the steampunk keyboard?

When I get a new laptop or PC I think it would be fun to turn my current laptop into a steam punk inspired piece.
ebay.
maybe i will do a blog post about it soon.
you need a certain type that will come apart and have the tabs in the back.

its a PITA, thats why i am at a stopping point.

get back to it after a couple other projects.
lol
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #141
playthe_part
Zilvia Member

playthe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond reputeplaythe_part has a reputation beyond repute
figured i would share my current work in progress (whenever i feel like working on it) and get some feedback.

original picture

i was inspired by top gears segment on the lexus lfa.. i haven't gotten around to the wheels yet. i feel it is kinda plain right now but when i added more into the picture it got too busy. any thoughts?
playthe_part is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #142
MikeC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
MikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeC
Im gonna revive this......lets see some more of your guy's original pieces!! ill post some of mine, but I have to scan them...

Last edited by MikeC; 10-06-2010 at 07:17 PM..
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #143
MikeC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
MikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond reputeMikeC has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeC
Tooth Brush and Ink:

Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #144
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
unfinished that i started a few years ago

my old s13 drawn in autocad
Old 07-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #145
Slims
Zilvia Member

Slims is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm bringing this shit back from the dead. So some of my work, which I'm actually open for commission if anyone is interested. lots of faces, its what I'm asked to do most of the time, cars and everything else are no prob though. tattoos,logos,origional,old,potraits, name it. shoot me a pm.

done in 2005 after drawing for year or so. i stopped doing pieces like this for my personal pleasure. the skill has multiplied over the 6 years, just gives ya an idea.
24x30 if i remember right. pencil on paper.

Stuff i do now. not everyone's fancy, but it works for me. finished in 2010. 4x5 foot you don't get a fraction of the impact this piece has in person and with the phone pic. acrylic on canvas though.
<==== clicky clicky

I do a chalk festival every year. this was back in 2010 8x12 foot on the ground. reproduction of a dali.

Shit I'm working on now. each is 24x36
IMG_3458.JPG <====clicky clicky
Slims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #146
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

this is really good. there's something missing though.....

mmmm...i remember having some super raw fingers from this stuff. lol. none the less. fun. Did you run out of chalk? or did you start the background and then work on the smaller pieces?

also...how long did this take you? and was this by yourself?

edit: i just noticed that you are side by side with other artist. How irritating (having to be confined to just the space you can lay chalk).
Old 07-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #147
Slims
Zilvia Member

Slims is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

mmmm...i remember having some super raw fingers from this stuff. lol. none the less. fun. Did you run out of chalk? or did you start the background and then work on the smaller pieces?

also...how long did this take you? and was this by yourself?

edit: i just noticed that you are side by side with other artist. How irritating (having to be confined to just the space you can lay chalk).
yeah the first one is missing quite a bit, the person who commissioned it wanted to keep it like that, works for me.

haha no fingerprints for like 2 weeks every time. This one took me a while, 52 hours I think. I started the background and ended up running out of time. Didn't have a chance to go back. Done all my self, and yeah, its a pain having other peoples work so close.
Slims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #148
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slims View Post
yeah the first one is missing quite a bit, the person who commissioned it wanted to keep it like that, works for me.

haha no fingerprints for like 2 weeks every time. This one took me a while, 52 hours I think. I started the background and ended up running out of time. Didn't have a chance to go back. Done all my self, and yeah, its a pain having other peoples work so close.
yeah...it's always nice having clients enjoy what you would think is a 90% complete piece of art cause they like the roughness of it. lol.

Yeah man....I would love to do murals all day...but the cement heat, as well as the raw fingers for a week....no bueno. Wish I had pictures of my last mural we did. A group highschool art project...17x10 feet mural of libya. Pretty rad. it was in the middle of the school and people walked around it for two months. Damn wish I had pictures...it was cool.

Post more of your work up. Looks cool.!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #149
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Miika Saksi

This guy my chick knows makes tons of cool art for board companies and others.
Pinky taylor.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #150
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, this hasnt been up in a while, so I figured i might as well post some of my own stuff

The majority of what you see is normal Bic pen, and acrylic paint ( if its color )
India ink and sharpie. Youll also notice a lot of them arent finished. I tend to start a new one without finishing, coming back and working on it later.

My biggest influences are artists such as:
John Dyer Baizely
Alex Pardee
Alfonse Mucha
Takato Yamamoto and a few others

A 1.8t engine cover i did for a buddy of mine

A painting im working on currently for a friend ( it isnt completely done so ill post more pics of it and other work when i get the chance

Last edited by Lukasss; 01-16-2012 at 12:23 AM..
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote