Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #121
widebodyseven
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
widebodyseven is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just wanted to share, my brother in law got in to a really bad accident which totaled his car(S13) he called AAA and ask for a flat bed they came and had no problem with it be modified.

Also he's getting almost 5 grand from all this.
widebodyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #122
dawagarage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
if you swerve and crash- your at fault for losing control of your vehicle
i completely understand that, & thank you. but my question is, who has to pay for it (assuming i have 'collision' coverage,) me or the insurance company?
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #123
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The reason you have insurance is to pay for things like that.

If you only have liability, then your insurance will pay for the property damage. The damage to your car is left to you to deal with.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #124
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thanks for the info
initial_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #125
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
If anyone could help me that would be great. I was just rearended in my car while I was sitting at a red light. THe man hit me doing 40+mph and pushed me into the intersection. The police did not write a report but said there should be no issue with having him be at fault. I also have some issues though. Due to this accident I have back and neck pain, I had to drop a class from school due to lack of transportation and I had to take work off. How do I make sure that I get compensated enough for my car and all of the other issues I am having? Thanks for any help.

Before

after
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #126
1five10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You can get compensated for bodily injury as long as you can prove medical necessity.

Why did you have to drop out of school? A car rental or borrowing a car is also compensible. You can't drop out of school and blame it on the accident if they were other means available...

Missing work is also compensible as long as it is documented. Did you seek medical attention? Or did you just decide to take time off on your own?

Do you coverage? Does the other party have coverage?

PM me...
Old 01-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #127
beb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
beb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstwincam View Post
Also,

check your policies for the following

BIPD coverages. For example:

If you have 15/30/5.

The last # represents the coverages your insurance policy will pay for property damage.

So if you rearend a $100k mercedes benz and you total it, your insurance policy will pay $5,000 towards the damage of the mercedes, you have to pay the remaining $95,000.00

If you dont have it, the party you hit can sue you to recover that $95k.

If you are under your parents policy, they can sue your parents and go after assets.

Also, if you total such a $95k mercedes, you also likely injured the person, which will result in additional lawsuit.

It todays world, you need at least $50k since the majority of vehicles out there are around $30k minimum.

If you have assets or your parents have assets, you may want to increase your PD limits to $100k.

You can hit a $100k dollar car or cause a collision with combined vehicles, adding to $100k or more.

Something to think about.......

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your posts. I was an exclusive agent with Farmers and Allstate and still sell a couple policies here and there through a brokerage... But you cant imagine how hard it is to tell people they need higher than the state minimum in regards to coverage! As an ins agent, people automatically think Im trying to rip them off! But yes, if you lightly 'tap' the rear of any NEW vehicle, the MINIMUM damage youve caused will likely be a few grand to 10 g's dependent on what kind of car. If you keep the state min of 5g's, the chances of paying out of pocket are great!

Please please review all your policies and 'up' your coverage if you need to! Also, shop around for quotes, People who just add onto their families policies because their family has been insured with a certain agent for years doesnt mean they are your friends lol - Agents get payed based on your premium (higher premium, higher pay!)...
beb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #128
stk240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
stk240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what is the compensation for bodily injury? thanks
stk240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #129
1five10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection1five10 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Bodily injury is the "pain and suffering" component of the case. Compensation depends on numerous variables that insurance companies use to determine the value of each case. Back in the days, they would just triple the amount of your medical bills.....Those days are long gone.....
Old 01-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #130
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to gtstwincam Send a message via Yahoo to gtstwincam
Man i sign on to this site and my inbox is full of PMs from 2-3 months ago! Sorry i couldnt help u with your insurance problems...

Just call or text...707-653-5020 and ill get back to u faster..
gtstwincam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #131
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
Man i sign on to this site and my inbox is full of PMs from 2-3 months ago! Sorry i couldnt help u with your insurance problems...

Just call or text...707-653-5020 and ill get back to u faster..
Old 01-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #132
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
there goes my question
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #133
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
if not in your plan, does insurance cover parts you add on?
ex: coilovers, flywheel, clutch etc.
Keep your receipts, and make sure your insurance adds them at the beginning, not after the accident happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1five10 View Post
You can get compensated for bodily injury as long as you can prove medical necessity.
Why did you have to drop out of school? A car rental or borrowing a car is also compensible. You can't drop out of school and blame it on the accident if they were other means available...
its possible, I almost dropped out of school because of my accident a month ago,
because of my location, if i take public transportation to school, it takes 5 busses and 1 metro ride to get there, and the same back ...by car it takes only 20 minutes..(wtf right)
because of my work schedle i barely had 1 hr before school started..luckily i got a loan from a friend to buy a checp daily driver..my school only allows 3 days of consecutive missed class days before suspending you..

Listen to what GSXR Jordan said guys..thats really good advice.. make sure upon getting insurance you make the insurance co add all the parts you have on the vehicle, and save your receipts...(SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS) and take pictures of the parts installed, best way to guarantee your money back..
if your insurance wont do it..then its time to change insurance co.
The best company for insuring aftermarket and heavily modified cars is HAGERTY
Hagerty - Collector Car and Boat Insurance
just got a quote from them for insuring my s14 for 75,000 bucks value for only 1600 a year..$100 deductible

thats like 130 bucks a month..nothing..

by the way I am going through the process of sueing a lady for 65k worth of mods and parts and labor that were totalled on my car last month..Ill keep you all posted on how that goes.
of course also sueing for injuries/ptsd and other costs..
Old 04-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #134
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I could update this too. I am also waiting for bodily injury settlement. I am unable to settle because I still have 2 chiropracter appointments a week 2 months after the accident.

But the money I got for my car was shit. I had over $2000 worth of reciepts and it only added on an additional 800 of value to my car. They would also not pay for things I did not have reciepts for (like my kouki lights) that were obviously broken after the accident. I understand that this is partially my fault but if you dont want to get screwed take there advice^^^^

The insurance company has been HORRIBLE. They do not contact each other or me. You have to keep calling and calling to get them to do ANYTHING. I had to threaten to get a layer to get them to give me a rental (Which took over 2 weeks to happen). They also will try to screw you as much as possible. This has been a complete nightmare.

The guy who hit me and I both have WAWANESA. THEY HAVE BEEN THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH! I am changing my coverage after the year that has already been paid for ends.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #135
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
I guess I could update this too. I am also waiting for bodily injury settlement. I am unable to settle because I still have 2 chiropracter appointments a week 2 months after the accident.

But the money I got for my car was shit. I had over $2000 worth of reciepts and it only added on an additional 800 of value to my car. They would also not pay for things I did not have reciepts for (like my kouki lights) that were obviously broken after the accident. I understand that this is partially my fault but if you dont want to get screwed take there advice^^^^
dude, you need to get a lawyer..trust me it wont cost you a thing..there are a million lawyers that will go to court for you,...you only pay them 1/3 of the winnings if you win, if you loose you dont pay a thing..
they will make sure to get a lot of money because they know their pay depends on it..
itll take an extra month or so but they will get you back way more than any insurance settlement will..
you can also get your parts upraised even after the accident and if you have a lawyer he will get you money for that too..
just go to the yellow pages and look up big lawyers offices..
they always go to court..
if you leave it up to insurance they will always pay the least possible..
Old 04-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #136
Unknown007
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Unknown007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You from the valley jo?Hit me up bro.925 497 4677 and thanks for this I got a few questions too bro thanks.
Unknown007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #137
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
He posted up his number.

YOU CALL HIM. He doesn't come on here that much.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #138
Unknown007
Zilvia Member

Na I can wait.=D
Old 04-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #139
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:

The insurance company has been HORRIBLE. They do not contact each other or me. You have to keep calling and calling to get them to do ANYTHING. I had to threaten to get a layer to get them to give me a rental (Which took over 2 weeks to happen). They also will try to screw you as much as possible. This has been a complete nightmare.

The guy who hit me and I both have WAWANESA. THEY HAVE BEEN THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH! I am changing my coverage after the year that has already been paid for ends.
I got $4200 for my car and I had about the same amount in receipts.

You need to get cars with similar mods and value and give them examples.

Make sure they're 50 miles within your area and show them you cannot replace your car of equal value with the small amount they gave you.

I had to do a lot of footwork myself to get the settlement I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown007 View Post
Na I can wait.=D
He's never going to call you then.

EDIT:

Just realized I'm talking to an idiot from norcal240sx no wonder nothing will ever happen.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #140
Unknown007
Zilvia Member

Lol and your an idiot from Norcaldrift so what difference does it make?

I hope to see you at meet one day!!!

Oh yeah I never said call so think what you want.Later man I know you love me that much but damn.

Stay on topic now.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #141
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

[quote=FaLKoN240;3375193]I got $4200 for my car and I had about the same amount in receipts.

You need to get cars with similar mods and value and give them examples.

Make sure they're 50 miles within your area and show them you cannot replace your car of equal value with the small amount they gave you.

I had to do a lot of footwork myself to get the settlement I wanted.

quote]

I had it all ready when the adjuster came but they wouldnt take it or even look at it. They were not even going to take my reciepts they just kept saying, "We will figure out the modifications from looking at the pictures".

I finally got them to take my reciepts but some how when they called with the first offer (Which I refused) they said that they "forgot" to add on the value of the reciepts.

Like I said I HATE WAWANESA ha ha
Old 04-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #142
stk240sx

stk240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
my medical bill is $900. how much should i ask for?
stk240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:51 AM   #143
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
I finally got them to take my reciepts but some how when they called with the first offer (Which I refused) they said that they "forgot" to add on the value of the reciepts.Like I said I HATE WAWANESA ha ha
I would call the customer service line, and ask for the adjusters boss, ask for the manager of that department, leave him a voice message and explain the problems you are having regarding communication and attention to important details like receipts and paperwork..., these guys hate being bothered with customer complaints so they will get on their adjusters asses..trust me.. hell get on it immediatley
Old 04-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #144
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk240sx View Post
my medical bill is $900. how much should i ask for?
Just a thought. $900?

mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #145
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
When it comes to ethics regarding insurance, people seem to throw it out the window.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #146
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
When it comes to ethics regarding insurance, people seem to throw it out the window.
FREE MONEY DAWG!!!

Gotta get to that FREEKNIK.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #147
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

so i hear an s13 owner got $10k + for his settlement.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #148
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
The guy who started this thread saved my ass, super duper helpful person, I would love to nominate him for a zilvia service award, thanks to his advice my insurance paid me $10500 for my s13

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #149
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

Glad you got paid!!!

Sorry cant help you all - super busy at work!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #150
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
get your car appraised from these guys in la called blast from the past appraisals, they appraised my g ride for $10500, and that was when it was totaled.... insurance saw the reciepts and said hell no, they had it appraised by them and then insurance coughed up the dough

oh and for everyone in the future, when you get into an accident, and its the other guy's fault, call the police, say you ARE injured, that way they have to take a police report. they will send an ambulance but you do not have to get into the damn ambulance, secondly get a slip and fall lawyer, it pays off

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote