Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #121
Silvette
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Silvette is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I hate HATE hateeeeeeeee knockoffs, see here; http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/3...varrstoen.html
Silvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #122
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
While I agree that there is nothing sexier than a set of real wheels, I cannot justify spending $2-$3k for wheels when I'm just gonna smash the car up at the track.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #123
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vas570sx View Post
While I agree that there is nothing sexier than a set of real wheels, I cannot justify spending $2-$3k for wheels when I'm just gonna smash the car up at the track.
?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #124
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
?
let me clarify:

while looking good on the track, when that dude breaks a wheel, he's out 6-700 bucks.

if i were to bend/brake one, im out 100 + shipping..

like i said, i know it looks good, and i wish i had that kind of money to throw away, however, i feel like even if i did have the money, i wouldnt buy crazy wheels for a drift car.

for a daily? yes

for drifting? no
Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #125
RB180sxChris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
RB180sxChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD View Post
I had megan coils on my S14.

They sucked asshole.

Tons of people on here will recommend them...because they don't know any better.

Poor people buy poopy parts.

lmao this is true!!!!
RB180sxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #126
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
my buddy picked up an s13 the other day that came with brand new in the box cs sport lca's and megan outter tie rods

I actually started cracking up when I saw them. The welds on teh cs sport lca's are a fucking joke there was even a hole in the weld were a gas bubble was.. the megan racing pillow balls are a joke the "pillow balls" look like they were designed by a drunk red neck no engineering at all. they just took a cast ring put the pillow ball in then pressed in a piece of steel on both sides to hold it in place. you could barely move it with your hand no wonder they fall apart very unsafe.

We held the outters side by side with my spl parts outters and had a good laugh
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #127
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

oh and the car came with god speed coils that were installed in the spring and the fronts are already blown out
Old 07-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #128
reds13se
Leaky Injector

reds13se is an unknown quantity at this point
Very interesting topic knowing zilvia, but i may as well add my $0.02

I for one have no problem with knock off parts because it provides a cheaper alternative to parts i may need at some point in time rather than paying an unjustifiable amount of money to get about the same product. These knockoff products also push the original manufacturer(name brand) to come up with better and more innovative parts to stand out from being meshed in with all the knock offs. That being said, There is a there is obviously a scale as to how these parts will compare against one another as far as quality. This is where buyer be ware comes in to play. Many of the name brand products go through much r&d during the production stage, some knockoff brands may do the same, however some may not. Therefore it is completely up to the buyer to do his/her own "r&d" if you will to find out which knock off brand can be trusted to have comparability in durability and workmanship while being offered at a lower price.

**For those of you who lack reading skills or have a short attention span**

In summation(cliff notes), name brands maybe the best way to go about something in most cases, however there are usually cheaper products with comparable, if not just as much reliability aimed for those on a budget who aren't in a big dick contest with others.
reds13se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #129
pandaman415
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
pandaman415 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I don't mind them.
pandaman415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #130
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
I think people should start saying cheap parts.

And on that note, how many people are currently against the cheap parts and are tracking their cars once a month or more?
I do, so I buy cheaper parts that work. No reason to buy a Dmax carbon fiber body kit for $2000 when a $300 genaric one will work just as good.

I just dont get where the line is then??
Everything has a name on it.
and everything is a copy of existing technology that was already there.

Maybe thats why you dont hear the professional level drifters talking about "no knock offs", cause they dont give a shit and run them on their personal cars all the time.

this guy speaks the truth.
gerson408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #131
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
can someone post

the best looking / cheapest 4lug wheel to buy!?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #132
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

just went to check out a dudes build and he has had to replace all his megan arms and tie rod ends after 500 miles they all have tons of play in them already.

a friend just had one of the shocks on his godspeed coils actually brake. the shaft snapped
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #133
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I can't do knock offs it's not in my blood

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #134
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just finished cutting and rewelding a no-name ebay brand t3/t4 downpipe to fit. I checked the listing on ebay to see what manifold it's supposed to fit... It just says it has good fitment. Same with the megan ic piping... fucking terrible fitment. At least they were deals on stainless and aluminum stock since they weren't plated/chromed. Pisses me off that i had to mod shit i just bought though.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #135
namawon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
namawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im running 4x4 status on my hatch because id rather save up and drive with a car that looks like a rc car than, buy low quality parts.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #136
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
FUCK varstoens!

That is all.

If god would not have allowed me to have the nice tes that i have now, i can sure as hell tell you that i would have oem wheels on here...be it s14, 350z, 370z...etc wheels.
Te37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #137
blacksmith
Leaky Injector

blacksmith is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hate it when people complain about not having money for parts and then go with a low quality coil/wheel/part etc.. If you would just save for a few months you could afford nice wheels, nice coils, and nice things in general. Even on a low income.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #138
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vas570sx View Post
let me clarify:

while looking good on the track, when that dude breaks a wheel, he's out 6-700 bucks.

if i were to bend/brake one, im out 100 + shipping..

like i said, i know it looks good, and i wish i had that kind of money to throw away, however, i feel like even if i did have the money, i wouldnt buy crazy wheels for a drift car.

for a daily? yes

for drifting? no
Wrong, if he damaged that wheel it would only cost about $150~ to fix.

So that argument goes out the window.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #139
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Interesting article about Knock0offs and the people who buy them.
Are women who carry fake designer handbags big trouble? | Fox News
Quote:
Dan Ariely, a Professor of Behavioral Economics at Duke University, is publishing a book entitled, “The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone—Including Ourselves.” In it, he reveals research he and his colleagues conducted that provides useful insights into the psychological forces which drive lying.

One of the more fascinating revelations is that women who carry fake Louis Vuitton or Tory Burch handbags or wear fake Cartier jewelry, are more likely to lie, cheat or steal than other women.

Could that really be the case? Could handing over $50 for a replica handbag that should really cost $500 or $1,000 really signal deeper moral failings? Doesn’t everyone lie sometimes?

Most of us, Ariely explains, do indeed lie, sometimes. But the research he presents includes the fact that those of us who are willing to wear our lies around our necks (e.g. fake Burberry scarves) or carry them on our arms (e.g. those fake designer bags) are especially untrustworthy.

When you think about it, that makes psychological sense. People who buy knock-offs are willing to lie on multiple levels.

First, they’re willing to cheat the companies who created the designer items—and hold the intellectual property related to them—out of money that’s legitimately due them. Because those companies not only came up with unique—sometimes iconic—designs, they invested in advertising and marketing that made their brands household names. They harnessed genuine creativity and employed lots of people to make that happen.

Second, they’re willing to lie to everyone who gets a glimpse of their fake handbags or necklaces or sunglasses and thinks that they have the style sense, or the money, to select and buy those items. They’re desperate enough for that facade of style—that mask of chic—to break the law to achieve it. And they know what they’re doing isn’t above-board. After all, the fraudulent goods they’re buying are often sold by shady street dealers or fly-by-night websites.

Third—and probably most toxic—they’re able to lie to themselves. Because they can almost forget that they’re perpetrating a bit of a scam whenever they head out with a handbag that fools people into believing they have something they don’t and are something they’re not. They have the ability to think of themselves as entirely upstanding, when they’re ripping off companies who have to report real earnings to real stockholders and make real profits—or really go out of business.

Seen this way, the folks who lie just a little by buying knock-offs sound a little less innocuous than they might, otherwise. Still, though, they aren’t Bernie Madoff—making off with billions and leaving investors bankrupt. They aren’t Clark Rockefeller—the fake Rockefeller who fooled everyone into thinking he was a member of the legendary family.

No, they aren’t. But they are very distant cousins—and there are a lot more of them, capable of doing lots of harm, when taken together. And that’s really the psychological and economic point Ariely is making: Madoff isn’t our real problem. It’s the rest of us. The millions willing to lie and cheat and steal a little add up to a bigger economic and social problem than the outliers who take duplicity to the next level.

So, next time you see the stitching on a Louis Vuitton bag and realize it doesn’t quite look like the real deal, it’s fair to conclude that the person carrying it isn’t quite the real deal, either—and act accordingly
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #140
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Interesting article about Knock0offs and the people who buy them.
Are women who carry fake designer handbags big trouble? | Fox News
I can't wait for the responses from this one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #141
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
wait... its faux news....
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #142
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
so yeah dont buy isis turbo lines.....
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #143
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
If it works good I don't mind it being a knockoff and I wouldn't rock a legit set of wheels on my drift car even if I had the money to do so. When i see a car destroy a set of nice wheels it makes me cringe.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #144
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
What happen to yours?

I haven't had a problem with mine..
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #145
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
While I never wood, why do you suggest not to? It's not like you can screw up pre crimpd lines *that bad*

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #146
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
More reason to hate on knock-off buyers...

Quote:
Dan Ariely, a Professor of Behavioral Economics at Duke University, is publishing a book entitled, “The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone—Including Ourselves.” In it, he reveals research he and his colleagues conducted that provides useful insights into the psychological forces which drive lying.

One of the more fascinating revelations is that women who carry fake Louis Vuitton or Tory Burch handbags or wear fake Cartier jewelry, are more likely to lie, cheat or steal than other women.

Could that really be the case? Could handing over $50 for a replica handbag that should really cost $500 or $1,000 really signal deeper moral failings? Doesn’t everyone lie sometimes?

Most of us, Ariely explains, do indeed lie, sometimes. But the research he presents includes the fact that those of us who are willing to wear our lies around our necks (e.g. fake Burberry scarves) or carry them on our arms (e.g. those fake designer bags) are especially untrustworthy.

When you think about it, that makes psychological sense. People who buy knock-offs are willing to lie on multiple levels.

First, they’re willing to cheat the companies who created the designer items—and hold the intellectual property related to them—out of money that’s legitimately due them. Because those companies not only came up with unique—sometimes iconic—designs, they invested in advertising and marketing that made their brands household names. They harnessed genuine creativity and employed lots of people to make that happen.

Second, they’re willing to lie to everyone who gets a glimpse of their fake handbags or necklaces or sunglasses and thinks that they have the style sense, or the money, to select and buy those items. They’re desperate enough for that facade of style—that mask of chic—to break the law to achieve it. And they know what they’re doing isn’t above-board. After all, the fraudulent goods they’re buying are often sold by shady street dealers or fly-by-night websites.

Third—and probably most toxic—they’re able to lie to themselves. Because they can almost forget that they’re perpetrating a bit of a scam whenever they head out with a handbag that fools people into believing they have something they don’t and are something they’re not. They have the ability to think of themselves as entirely upstanding, when they’re ripping off companies who have to report real earnings to real stockholders and make real profits—or really go out of business.

Seen this way, the folks who lie just a little by buying knock-offs sound a little less innocuous than they might, otherwise. Still, though, they aren’t Bernie Madoff—making off with billions and leaving investors bankrupt. They aren’t Clark Rockefeller—the fake Rockefeller who fooled everyone into thinking he was a member of the legendary family.

No, they aren’t. But they are very distant cousins—and there are a lot more of them, capable of doing lots of harm, when taken together. And that’s really the psychological and economic point Ariely is making: Madoff isn’t our real problem. It’s the rest of us. The millions willing to lie and cheat and steal a little add up to a bigger economic and social problem than the outliers who take duplicity to the next level.

So, next time you see the stitching on a Louis Vuitton bag and realize it doesn’t quite look like the real deal, it’s fair to conclude that the person carrying it isn’t quite the real deal, either—and act accordingly.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1x0pZtrKL
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #147
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
WTF? Did you even read 8 posts above you???

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #148
Scionide

Trader Rating: (2)
Scionide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My take on knock offs is simple. If you are building a track rat s13 that you just want to be functional then they are fine. If you are wanting some different wheels for a daily, then by all means go cheap. I have had a cheap set of wheels on my tC for 4 years, everyone of them is bent curbed or beginning to show corrosion. I could care less about putting a set of XD9's on it, because daily. Now with that being said. A friend of mine just bought a Mk4 and said to me, "Im thinking about buying a CX Racing radiator for it." I had to refrain from hitting him. I guess my point is, if you are dealing with a high end build or a chassis worthy of spending rediculous amounts of money on, then by all means spend the money on the legit stuff, I know I will.
Scionide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #149
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
the way that people justify buying knockoffs is bullshit. just admit you're cheap.

i am cheap... some times.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #150
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
the way that people justify buying knockoffs is bullshit. just admit you're cheap.

i am cheap... some times.
im cheap, but im also not stupid. a good investment is in suspension, engine, brakes, rims (to a certain degree).

a bad investment is spending 1,200 on a authentic vertex kit that may get smashed up. or 2,000 on a pair of volks that you run into the wall.

all these "fake" wheels people keep bringing up still have to pass JWL VIA standards. same as volk, work, etc. YES volk may go beyond the standard, but im pretty sure the standard is safe enough
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote