Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #121
pahaf
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2nd show was alright.

anybody like the austrailian topgear?
1st and 2nd seasons were so-so. i just downloaded the episode where the austrailian top gear goes head to head with the brits.
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #122
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
tim allen adam carolla chris titus

chris allen titus carolla adam tim titus chris allen.

RUTLEDDDDGEEEEE!!!!!! TANNNNERRRR!!!! OTHER GUYYYY!!!!!!!! H8 U

chris tim carolla allen tim adam titus!!!!
Probably more $$ than the History Channel could swing.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #123
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
tim

adam

shaq!
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #124
Jimbo_Moone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Jimbo_Moone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Having now watched a few episodes, I think i like it. Not as much as the originals, but Rutledge and Adam Ferrara are amusing characters.
Jimbo_Moone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #125
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
watched 2 episodes with the thought that it could only get better from the first one. i was wrong. the show fails. I feel like they tried too hard and fell short everywhere. plus tanner foust is a terrible actor imo
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #126
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
LOL, just watched Jeremy test the R8 and ZR-1(again). Made me miss the real deal.

I hope the American top gear gets better, and I think it will.

I know it will never be close to the original. The reason being is the cast...
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily

Last edited by s13dan; 12-16-2010 at 04:16 PM..
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:58 AM   #127
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nothing gets better than the original top gear...
CAPT. SLOW FTW hahahha
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #128
stockbee
Zilvia Member

stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
I made it through another episode of Top Gear America.

And that is the the problem right there. I shouldn't have to say that I "made" it through.
Watching a show should be entertaining, and effortless to watch. I just don't feel that way when I know something much more humorous and well orchestrated is in existance.

I'll never know for the life of me why we American's feel the need to "Americanize" everything in the world. haha, it's quite amazing really.

Maybe it'll get better, maybe it won't. All I know is that Jeremy Clarkson's erroneous analogies in regard to the cars he drives are far more hilarious and appreciated by me than that of Tanner Foust.

Not to mention the entire show (even when they're driving the cars) sounds SO scripted.

Last edited by stockbee; 12-15-2010 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: left something out
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #129
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'll give it one more episode before I totally give up and call is a wash...I agree with what you are saying. The whole time I was thinking about shows I have on the PVR that I could be watching.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #130
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I think the 3rd episode with the moonshine was quite good. And the dirt racing was much more entertaining than it looked in the early commercials. 4th episode was a little flat but still interesting.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #131
babyjesus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
babyjesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
i like it just fine, of course not as good as BBC's version...but it's better than 1/2 the shit on TV....

their Stig intro's need serious work!!!!!!!

what happened to the good stuff like: "some say his heart is inverted, and that his teeth glow in the dark" lol
Old 12-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #132
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
so remember when they do a longest burnout competition in the second episode, and the one dude can't even lay rubber in a manual, and we thought that was sad?

skip to 2:40 in this UK Top Gear episode. it's even worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvQLQTtOmk
Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #133
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
it was an automatic, way different than stick, that dude could barely drive a stick, thats much worse.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #134
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
it was an automatic, way different than stick, that dude could barely drive a stick, thats much worse.
okay dude. step on brake. step on gas. ease off brake.

oh man that's so hard to do.

also james launched into a ditch.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #135
Garber
Zilvia Junkie

Garber is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think they should have named it "top gear". its obviously not gonna live up to a show that is in its bazillionsth season. the origonal sucked its first season too. just because its called top gear, everyone expects it to be jsut as good.

compared to itself, i think its an entertaining car show, and i will keep watching it. its better than most stuff on tv right now.
Garber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #136
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
People hate it, but watch it anyway because it is about cars.. I am part of those people because it is entertaining, but still does not live up to the original's standard.. Then again, I like fast and furious and will watch every one of them, even though I think they are stupid.. lol
aziankingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #137
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
^^^ Exactly why I cant help but watch it..

Same reason why I watch F&F movies and love it. Either its somewhat entertaining me or I am having a good time making fun of it with my friends.
I always see the new F&F in theaters opening day, but get totally baked before hand.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #138
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Judging by the preview to the new season of Top Gear UK, this show is really gonna have to step up it's game for next season (if it gets another season).
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #139
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The downhill was pretty badarse, never really any of the host of TOP GEAR UK drive like that.
initial_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #140
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I enjoyed the new episode. Damn I wish I could have that job.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #141
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
I'm starting to like this show a lot.

Watching the "Florida Race" episode right now.

It obviously isn't as good as the UK version, but that's a totally unfair comparison.
the US version to anything else car-related on American TV. BLOWS everything else away, very entertaining when evaluated in a vacuum.

In three seasons, if it lasts that long, I'm convinced it's going to be an incredible show. I think there might be some cast reshuffling, and I'm okay with that, but I think they've done a very good job with this.

I just hope people give it a chance, keep watching, and I hope History Channel lets it run for awhile.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #142
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
ok
new episode. funny as fuck
seriously
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #143
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Whats the deal with UK versions stig? They had to get a baby jesus stig.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #144
SinGarage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
SinGarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
It hurts my eyes trying to watch this. I tried watching again last night and couldn't last 5 minutes. I cringe everytime they try to become witty.
SinGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #145
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
ok
new episode. funny as fuck
seriously
^^
This

The "old car GM challenge" is a total rip off from a UK Top Gear episode (egg collander, parking brake hill, etc), but it's still funny.

The minute I saw Rutledge was using a Roadmaster wagon, I knew it was going to win.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #146
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
yea the newer episode made me laugh some. gave me hope for the ones to come.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #147
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
No one has talked about this for a while. The season is over now, what did y'all think? lol.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #148
BustedS13
Post Whore!

i liked it. they'll make some changes based on the internet's collective bitching, and it will be better next season. i don't see why everybody hates Tanner so much. none of them really have anything to say to each other yet, they just met. i'm sure they'll all start showing more personality in the future. good times the end
Old 02-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #149
famous_atticus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
famous_atticus has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
I dislike Tanner with a passion. He reminds me of the kids whose ass i use to kick on a daily basis back in high school...lol. I met Rutledge about a year ago he lives not too far from me and I bought a set of STi coilovers from him........one word comes to mind. Douche. Why not have some real men hosting the show, REAL AMERICAN MEN. Not this diluted bitch version of what has become popular. I would rather watch reruns of the golden girls and jack my dick with sand paper than watch another episode of those snip. Anyone else feel the same...lmao! I could pick three better hosts in my sleep.
famous_atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #150
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famous_atticus View Post
I dislike Tanner with a passion. He reminds me of the kids whose ass i use to kick on a daily basis back in high school...lol. I met Rutledge about a year ago he lives not too far from me and I bought a set of STi coilovers from him........one word comes to mind. Douche. Why not have some real men hosting the show, REAL AMERICAN MEN. Not this diluted bitch version of what has become popular. I would rather watch reruns of the golden girls and jack my dick with sand paper than watch another episode of those snip. Anyone else feel the same...lmao! I could pick three better hosts in my sleep.