Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #121
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiperuvian View Post
^which is what i was talking about in a previous post. we got used to cheap labor, and americans, especially the younger ones...teens and early 20's-think manual labor is beneath them. to them if it doesn't start at 60k a year, in some cushy office then it's not worth considering. either that or people realize that they can get free services and stuff from the govt (welfare queens).
100% agree...god knows this generation high % could not even consider having a minial task job...

Quote:
anyhow this whole argument about immigration is just as polarized as abortion. one side will always thing the other is wrong, and there's just no way to really fix it. but as unpopular as it makes me, i think citizens should be taken care of first. why should my kid get a substandard education just because so many resources are devoted to "non english speaking" students?
once again i agree...if you plan on coming here, learn the fucking language...my father was actually pretty clever, he would go to local areas were tourist would go and offered to be a guide, slow he actually learned enough english to get him by, not to mention taking night classes to improve his speech when he came here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftmark View Post
Why are you trying to glorify sneaking over here?
who's glorifying it? theres nothing glorious about it...im just telling you what i know...

Quote:
Is this a Mexican pride thing? So you are calling people who were born in the US soft on what factual backing?
im proud to Mexican, yes, but im also proud and thankfull to be an American.

As far as CA current young generation goes, id Say 80% if not more are soft, my facts stem from what i see on a daily basis here, not nation wide...its a nature nurture situation, frankly A LOT of parents let T.V. and other stupid shit raise there children to what they are now... but then i see young adults like here (Teddys13) for example who works his ass off to build his car and do what he loves to do, and seeing it stem from his mother who's incredibly supportive...he's one of the few that gives hope for the future of CA youth...

Quote:
What gives you the right to talking about crossing the desert again? Did you do it?
my parents,the reason im here, bustin my balls, thats all the reason i need, could you fathem to understand that? once again, its one of those things you need to live thru to understand...

Quote:
Maybe the illegal Mexicans should stop having so many damn kids, and maybe stop for a second and THINK before they pop out 6 of them. More than half the time they can't even properly afford 1 kid. Then they bring all those kids over and/or have tons of kids here and proceed to dump them in the US taxpayers lap to foot the medical(and other) costs. Now we are left with tons of legal kids who shouldn't be here in the first place.

AND i fucking agree...it all comes down to choice, my parents made the right one of being stable citizens, getting legal citizenship, buying a home, having long term careers, and then having children.

you might also want to widen your horizon to the illegals in this country, its not just mexicans...its all illegals, wether you see it or hear about it or not...

mind you, why is it that cubans are considered refugees, they leave there country as well...second they step on US soil there allowed here...why? cuz they cross bigger bodies of water? because they have a horribly currupt gov't? hmmm...

Quote:
Maybe legal kids in high school might actually be able to get a job then... Those small business would deserve to cave in because they hired illegal immigrants in the first place. America would get out of the "economic crippling" just like they got out of all the other economic crashes.
maybe...if someone documented is willing to work, sure, but hey i havent met many people willing to do the work that an illegal would, and yes there employed because there willing to...

Quote:
I am surprised(this being a car forum and all) I haven't really read anything about what happens when an illegal Mexican hits your car and he/she doesn't have car insurance. I know countless people who have been down right FUCKED because an illegal Mexican hit their car and they are left to pay for the damages.
wow, sounds like a personal situation like the ones ive been given. its happened to us to believe it or not...but weve also had accurances in which someone hit one of my friends car (06 350Z) fender, guy had no insurance, illegal, and guess what, he left his info, came back, and payed out of pocket for full damage to the fender...

and you cant say its only mexicans/immigrants that do that shit, fuck that, countless others including people in these forums who are white or "american" do that same shit, just like there the same ones who i dunno, drive illegally modified vehichles on public roads, or do illegal driving on said roads...that shit is common, not just an immigrant thing...

just like when my fathers truck was hit while in the parking lot, only to find out (parking lot security video) that it was an 84 yr old white guy, who, did not have insurance, did not have a valid drivers license (invalid due to being legally blind!). ohh but then you might bring out the argument of "cmon man hes an old dude"...fucking right he is, old enough to fucking know not to drive without legal paperwork, am i wrong here?

needless to say my father still, did not press charges, and let the man go, why? because my father knows that he himself can pay out of pocket for it, and there isnt any reason to burden that old man with little shit like this... and i say it again, this is from what ive experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSlide View Post

Oh, and talk to a few Mexicans directly. I happen to know of quite a few that are here legally and have family back in Mexico. They live nice, simple lives and work hard for what they have back in their own country. They are also quite happy in doing so... What is so different about them? Why are they able to live a nice life in Mexico, and these illegals aren't?
ive never said you couldnt have a good life, some just want more, my fathers reason was that he wanted to raise a family away from the drugs BS near his village, hed seen enough of his friends get caught up and get killed, and he knew he had no futur there...misery isnt a life, its just you waiting for ur clock to run out...believe me or not, honestly i dont care...

i dont mean to glorify my parents acts, i merely feel like expressing my gratitude for it...sounds stupid, but it is what it is...we've never been handed anything...and dont plan to...

Quote:
Ladies and Gentleman, these people are human beings. Not puppies, or babies. They are completely capable of making informed decisions, and living their own lives. If they choose to break into my country, they deserve the same treatment that a criminal would get if they broke into my home. Plain and simple.
i can agree with you half way, and sometimes they do loose there lives...it doesnt affect you, nor me directly, but its the trueth...if someone decides that the risk of there own life is worth the chance of a better tomorrow...ill respect that, but they better be willing to earn it as well...i hate, hate the fact that most of them think "well i suffered enough, time to just take take take", fuck that...

Quote:
I really don't give a damn how bad things are back in their damn country.. we have our own problems, and we don't need them making it worse. I used to live in a predominantly white neighborhood, and at the time, in a decent area of town. Now, some 15 years later, it is a predominantly Mexican neighborhood. I drive through from time to time, and it looks no better than the streets of where these people came from and tried to escape from.

- Dirty homes with overgrown or dead lawns
- Dogs running around stray in the streets
- Not to mention that the damn billboards and building signs are all in spanish, and you are more likely to find a Liquor store on the corner than a Starbucks.

That speaks multitudes IMHO..
ohh well then fuck Haiti too...or filipines, right? why should we help them out in there time of need...fuck that right?

just like it doesnt affect me whats goin on in your neighborhood,since i dont live there, i wont give a damn...sucks to hear though...

its funny though, we live next to a white woman, and she's the one who has dogs running a muck, filthy front yard, delapidated cars...yet our house, is beautifull, clean cut grass, beautifull home, hell my father even offered to cut her yard, and she said no...go figure...

Quote:

Maybe this tells you something about the culture that is flooding over here and turning parts of the US into Mexico like MidnightSlide pointed out.
err...last i checked, per history, part of the US was mexican owned... the US brought a war in 1848 that made CA what it is today. its funny, Immagrants, came to this country, tyranized the natives, called it there own. were all fucking immigrants, no matter how you see it...white yellow black brown, all the same shit in one pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
lets try to keep this discussion civil.
It would be a shame if it got locked.
yes. please

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #122
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
are you stupid?? 70% of American business is from small companies
70% of business owners may be small privately companies or incorperations, but they certainly do not produce 70% of total production in the nation. Don't let those entry level business classes fool you, big business runs america.

Quote:
oh and the average illegal woman has 2.5 kids..didnt know that? do research you dumb dick
Why not put up some sources since you're the resident name caller?

Quote:
you wanna talk about tax dollars?
more than half on a pointless war!!
Define pointless. I'll never EVER be a propoent of cutting military funding. We're already involved -- it's not as easy as 'pack up and bounce' as many peole think it is. The logistics in moving even just a BRIGADE into and out of theater can easily take months. Trust me, I'm pretty well versed in military movements...

Sure it's a huge amount of money, but look at some of the other wars, and then compare them to today's inflation rates...you "may" be surprised to see that they are all very similar. Lets face it, to be the best, you gotta spend the most - that nearly applies to everything in life. Sure we could cut tons of corners and ride around in Jeeps without armor, but I'll be the first to say 'get fucked' if I had to drive that versus my M1114 ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
the more tax payers the bigger profit for uncle same...simply put, the US mainly bitches about immigration because they cant collect...plain and simple... were all fucking immigrant to this land...
Not disagreeing at all my man - MANY people often forget that our nation was founded on immigration, and tolerance for all kinds and religions. That's what makes our nation great.

In the same respect though, somthing does need to be addressed about today's immigration issues...building a fence IS NOT the answer ya know??

(Same can be said about healthcare reform....reform does not be ENTIRLY revamp...just fix what we have!)

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #123
HAWAII
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
HAWAII is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Hkjahgf

I agree with the person that said, "Get the Illegals Out of Here, NOW!"

My parents came here legally, lined up in the US Embassy with a bunch of people that wanted a better life early morning just to submit some documents.

On the other hand, I also applaud the person that works really hard and wanted a better life for their family.

BUT, do you think it is fair for the person that came here legally to be turned down for a job because some illegal can do the job for half the minimum wage? How about we blame the employers that hire illegals? If they stop hiring illegals then they will get discouraged to come over here because no one is hiring undocumented aliens.

Also to the guy that said, it is OK coz they file taxes. Bro, how can they file taxes if they are using someone else's SSN? That is benefiting the one with the SSN. That is not benefiting the illegals, the only way that it benefits them is because when they do file, they get a refund due to the government credits. Why would they file a tax return if they have to pay?!? That does not make sense, even a legal person hates paying taxes. WTF?

The economy will not collapse, people will still do the job at hand.
I say regulate the free crap that the goverment doles out and give it to the legal immigrants and citizens that need it.

and put up an electric fence on the freaking border.
HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #124
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
70% of business owners may be small privately companies or incorperations, but they certainly do not produce 70% of total production in the nation. Don't let those entry level business classes fool you, big business runs america.
no dissagreeing there, there also the same companies that source plants out of our country, taking jobs away from americans to make there products cheaper while making a profit...

why dont we put focus on how the land of the free outsources instead of keeping it at home, but we dont...

atleast smaller companies keep it home...sure small amounts end up back at the home countries of the workers, but its pennies compared to amount lost to overseas workers...
[/quote]

Quote:
Not disagreeing at all my man - MANY people often forget that our nation was founded on immigration, and tolerance for all kinds and religions. That's what makes our nation great.

In the same respect though, somthing does need to be addressed about today's immigration issues...building a fence IS NOT the answer ya know??

(Same can be said about healthcare reform....reform does not be ENTIRLY revamp...just fix what we have!)

agree...

Old 01-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #125
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:

very true statement. but people always forget we're talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRAGTION. i'm all for legal immigration...i'd love to have people from other countries with talent and marketable skills come here-that way they can contribute to society by making innovations in the medical field, or starting a profitable business. but at some point we have to be realistic...we can't accomodate everyone who wants to live here...we only have so many resources and space. what's wrong with a fence or a wall? why is it so wrong for america to protect it's sovereignty and it's borders?

If you had people coming to your house constantly looking for food and shelter, eventually you're going to run out of room and patience. I Can't speak for everyone in this forum, but i have a family to worry about. I've got a baby boy that i'd rather send to private school because the public school system sucks. so what it comes down to is this: who do i care for more? my family, or a bunch of strangers that snuck in here?

My wife's friend (let's call him anthony) owns his own tiling business. I asked him what the hardest part of running his business was here in sunny california. his main problems were this:

-strict state and federal regulations (which i didn't get into because it's alot). for instance the prevailing wage rule. which basically means if he does work for the city he's got to pay workers the same rate as unionized workers.

-being undercut from contractors using illegal immigrant workers. you know, the guys you see hanging out in front of home depot. so how can Anthony, who has to follow all the rules, compete when other contractors are using super cheap labor? He's got a family to feed just like the guys who come here looking for work-he's got 2 daughters he's got to provide for...by the way Anthony is Mexican. i bet the majority thought he was a white guy. this is why i keep harping on going after businesses and contracters using illegal immigrants as labor.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #126
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
very true statement. but people always forget we're talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRAGTION.
so tell me, what was so legal about the immigrants that took the land from the natives ? ohh i get it, since the laws werent on paper, it doesnt matter, gotcha...

Quote:
i'm all for legal immigration...i'd love to have people from other countries with talent and marketable skills come here-that way they can contribute to society by making innovations in the medical field, or starting a profitable business. but at some point we have to be realistic...we can't accomodate everyone who wants to live here...
i agree...but i agree in the sense that wether you got here illegaly or legally, become a citizen first and foremost, and give back to the country your in...if you dont, GTFO or i hope your ass doesnt make it here...simple

Quote:
I've got a baby boy that i'd rather send to private school because the public school system sucks.
congrats...

Quote:
so what it comes down to is this: who do i care for more? my family, or a bunch of strangers that snuck in here?
same here...but i understand were those with right intentions are coming from, in which i cant group everyone together...

Old 01-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #127
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:

You are assuming that ALL 70% of American businesses are using illegal Mexicans as employees for your point to even be valid. Are you FUCKING stupid?

You are telling me that the way he has that written, it is not meant to glorify crossing illegally? You are really more retarded than your posts makes you out to be.

I thought this thread was about illegal MEXICANS, find me a average number for only MEXICAN women... so pull your dumb limp dick out of Dalaz and bend over and plug your mouth with it so you will quit talking.

Maybe this tells you something about the culture that is flooding over here and turning parts of the US into Mexico like MidnightSlide pointed out.
right, america has always been perfect

Quote:

honestly, movies dont depict shit to me unless its an actual documentary or you sit down with someone who lived thru it...when it's a family member, itll hit more to the heart...
based on true story

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
It really all depends where you go, Sinaloa, the state Mazatlan is in is known for cocaine, trafficking, crime etc.
My parents live in La paz, Baja california which is directly across the sea of cortez from Mazatlan.
Sinaloa is notorious for drugs, if you come across the fairy from Mazatlan with Sinaloa plates and a policeman sees you,
its mandatory that you will be pulled over and searched, regardless if you did anything wrong or not.
Most of the borders in mexico/US or surrounding cities are places you dont want to visit. They're sort of the pit of mexico and central america everyone who doesnt make it gets stranded there.

and the whole thing about the daughters... lol
sounds like Prostitution and it is normal everywhere.

But I have never in my life been to a bar or club in mexico and had some lady some lady try to pawn off her daughters on me just because she wanted to introduce me in hopes that I would take them home with me.

If you liked Mazatlan I encourage you to visit La paz. You'll love it, and if you need a place to stay let me know ill hook you up, my parents have two homes and one is real close to the beach and all the night life and for the most part its alway empty.

as far as Illegals and Imigrants
I not a citizen, I am a permanent resident all my ish is legit.
I have been here for 16 years now and my citizenship paperwork is just not going through.
I pay my taxes, I am employed and have always been, Im not depleteing the system. LOL
ive met people born here, non immigrant, who are on "disability" or "unemployment" working under the table, depleting the system and they dont feel theyre doing wrong because they are american. is this wrong? is this a right because this is their country and they feel they have a birth right?
The whole system is twisted and this will be an ongoing problem forever.
ehhhh whatever im over it.
This thread is going no where.
nah it wasnt a prostitution thing it was more like "hey your rich heres my daughter marry her, give me give me"

many places are like that, michoacan, sinaloa, aguas calientes(so i heard)

mazatlan was amazing

yeah this issue is an endless circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Dont tell me you are serious.

serious

Quote:

Why not put up some sources since you're the resident name caller?

Define pointless. I'll never EVER be a propoent of cutting military funding. We're already involved -- it's not as easy as 'pack up and bounce' as many peole think it is. The logistics in moving even just a BRIGADE into and out of theater can easily take months. Trust me, I'm pretty well versed in military movements...

Sure it's a huge amount of money, but look at some of the other wars, and then compare them to today's inflation rates...you "may" be surprised to see that they are all very similar. Lets face it, to be the best, you gotta spend the most - that nearly applies to everything in life. Sure we could cut tons of corners and ride around in Jeeps without armor, but I'll be the first to say 'get fucked' if I had to drive that versus my M1114 ya know?

small businesses:
Represent 99.7 percent of all employer firms.
Employ half of all private sector employees.
Pay 45 percent of total U.S. private payroll.
Have generated 60 to 80 percent of net new jobs annually over the last decade.
Create more than 50 percent of nonfarm private gross domestic product (GDP).

my cousin is in Iraq and he thinks they're not really fighting for anything out there

i thought we were already the best

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #128
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
This is such a politically hot topic.

It's soo crazy how hot it has gotten these days lol
Old 01-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #129
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post

hell yeah..

-Jorge
Old 01-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #130
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

serious

You have to be retarded to judge a country you dont know much about based on how it was depicted in a movie.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #131
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

don't know much about?

i'm from there
been there PLENTY of times
watch their news cuz thats all my mom watches

depicted from a movie?
try using google(kidnapping, mexico) all you need
based on true events
i just gave a personal story

you seem to be retarded

i stated the movies to give you a broad idea of what its like in some areas

-Jorge
Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #132
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
don't know much about?

i'm from there
been there PLENTY of times
watch their news cuz thats all my mom watches

depicted from a movie?
try using google(kidnapping, mexico) all you need
based on true events
i just gave a personal story

you seem to be retarded

i stated the movies to give you a broad idea of what its like in some areas

Ive been there many times myself. Most of my relatives are in Guadalajara (one of the largest cities in Mexico) and another nearby town. Me and my cousins have been around almost all of Guadalajara and never saw anything too bad. Worst thing I have seen there is the discrimination againts people from Oaxaca.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #133
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ive been there many times myself. Most of my relatives are in Guadalajara (one of the largest cities in Mexico) and another nearby town. Me and my cousins have been around almost all of Guadalajara and never saw anything too bad. Worst thing I have seen there is the discrimination againts people from Oaxaca.

thats dope i'm from guadalajara too...most of jalisco is coo..only thing ive seen there is big ass dogs dead in the middle of the streets haha

-Jorge
Old 01-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #134
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
so tell me, what was so legal about the immigrants that took the land from the natives ? ohh i get it, since the laws werent on paper, it doesnt matter, gotcha...
everytime i hear this argument i just shake my head and laugh. that happened hundreds of years ago whether it was right or not isn't relevant anymore. we're talking about america's borders today 2010. are you suggesting that you'd rather have anyone who isn't of a certain descent should be forced to leave? or are you saying you'd like to have california restored as a province/territory of mexico? because that point of view is basically saying control of the country should be returned to the indians, since they were here first.
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #135
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
thats dope i'm from guadalajara too...most of jalisco is coo..only thing ive seen there is big ass dogs dead in the middle of the streets haha
Thats sad that all you could focus on was the dead dogs... lol welcome to Mexico the stray dogs are through the roof.
In La Paz there is a pretty wealthy canadian lady that dedicates her time to picking the dogs off the street giving them vaccines and finding them homes. Pretty noble occupation.

Quote:
I love guadalajara! Although I was born in Cabo San Lucas most of my family is from Guadalajara as well. Its a wonderful city. By chance have any of you gone on the day trip to the tequila farms, or visited Tapalpa?
Old 01-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #136
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thats sad that all you could focus on was the dead dogs... lol welcome to Mexico the stray dogs are through the roof.
In La Paz there is a pretty wealthy canadian lady that dedicates her time to picking the dogs off the street giving them vaccines and finding them homes.

I love guadalajara! Although I was born in Cabo San Lucas most of my family is from Guadalajara as well. Its a wonderful city. By chance have any of you gone on the day trip to the tequila farms, or visited Tapalpa?

i'm sorry i couldnt help but notice fuckin dogs in the middle of the road haha

ive been Cabo San Lucas as well..i love the beach there

-Jorge
Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #137
sidedrifts13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (29)
sidedrifts13 is on the path to ruinsidedrifts13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sidedrifts13 Send a message via Yahoo to sidedrifts13
we cant do nothing to change it, unfortunately there is goods and bads about imigration mexicans work jobs that us ameriacans will not work, like at a fast food place or restaurants, or picking at fields or working for $40 bucks a day, they still have rights and yes teir is a bad apple here and there but most mexicans are chill and the girls are super sexy lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
^pointless post

only reason i have a problem with illegal immigration because it is so fucking difficult for others to get in the USA legally and illegals just walk right in whenever.
But on the other hand id do the same exact thing had i been put in their situation. Gotta feed your family somehow when there arent jobs in your country
sidedrifts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #138
sidedrifts13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (29)
sidedrifts13 is on the path to ruinsidedrifts13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sidedrifts13 Send a message via Yahoo to sidedrifts13
I have its super sick and they feed you shots the whole time, Im from Jalisco
Quote:
In La Paz there is a pretty wealthy canadian lady that dedicates her time to picking the dogs off the street giving them vaccines and finding them homes. Pretty noble occupation.

sidedrifts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #139
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
everytime i hear this argument i just shake my head and laugh. that happened hundreds of years ago whether it was right or not isn't relevant anymore. we're talking about america's borders today 2010. are you suggesting that you'd rather have anyone who isn't of a certain descent should be forced to leave? or are you saying you'd like to have california restored as a province/territory of mexico? because that point of view is basically saying control of the country should be returned to the indians, since they were here first.
agreed, I think that idea is just messy.
Even if you accept it to be valid, there's just no end to it.

Take Mexico for example.
The US would have to give back Texas & other territories.
Mexico would have to give back territories to Guatelmala.
Mexico should give power back to Spain.
Spain should give back power to the Aztecs.
The Aztecs should give it back to whomever they took the land from
(because it's wrong, obviously).

You'd never get to the bottom of anything.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #140
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this thread is double sided, some people are against it, and than some people are for it because they in some way are related to it.

Come on guys, would you be happy if you got into a car wreck with an illegal *even if you know how hard it is and that he/she is working on becoming illegal*? Hell no, your still screwed in the situation.

If my asian relatives can wait years to get the green light and fly over the freaking sea, than surely the closer latin americans can wait a little bit and cross over.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #141
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

Never been to any of those two myself lol. Guadalajara is really awsome though.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #142
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post

werd...
Quote:
You have to be retarded to judge a country you dont know much about based on how it was depicted in a movie.

you cant judge a country as a whole thru film, period...just like i cant judge an entire race/religion/country over something ive seen on film...

Quote:
everytime i hear this argument i just shake my head and laugh. that happened hundreds of years ago whether it was right or not isn't relevant anymore. we're talking about america's borders today 2010.
shake your head and laugh, but it is relevant. its one of the significant factors that started the bad blood between both countries...

Quote:
are you suggesting that you'd rather have anyone who isn't of a certain descent should be forced to leave? or are you saying you'd like to have california restored as a province/territory of mexico?
no, im suggesting to give the country that we stole from a greater respect, your right, this is 2010, we should be more civil to our fellow man, especially a neighboring country...

if the US and Mexico could just set the bullshit aside, sit down and just agree shits gone wrong on both ends
help each other more on prosecuting criminals
allow rightfull citizens the chance to move, im pretty sure shit wouldnt be the same as is right now...if both countries would be more respectfull to one another, things wouldnt be so bad...but hey politics and money is what rules the nation, and when you fuck with corperate americas money, your pretty much public enemy #1...

what would happen if mexico and the US were more open
effectively i think crime would go down, especially on the bordering areas in which the US and Mexico could work together to deport criminals back to there country, drug traffic could potentially drop...
but hey this is just what i think...

Quote:

Take Mexico for example.

but why not atleast make bigger effort to repair the relations to both countries...

Old 01-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #143
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post

Come on guys, would you be happy if you got into a car wreck with an illegal *even if you know how hard it is and that he/she is working on becoming illegal*? Hell no, your still screwed in the situation.
Wouldn't liability insurance cover that?

Even if that liability doesn't cover that though,
it kinda is a separate can of worms.

I recall a couple of years ago there was a petition in CA to determine whether or not illegals could obtain a legit driver's license.
It's not necessarily even an illegal driver thing.
If they cannot, then they prob wouldn't be able to buy insurance even if they wanted to.
In a way, the state makes it difficult for everyone by failing to effectively deal with the way things are.

To be fair, the state should also impose stiffer penalties for those driving without insurance or a valid lic.
You can have an 'out-of-state' person hit & run you,
and there would be little you can do about it.
(this happened to me when a FL resident destroyed my civc a few yrs back)
I think that's a semi-related, but separate legal matter.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #144
MidnightSlide
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MidnightSlide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
ohh well then fuck Haiti too...or filipines, right? why should we help them out in there time of need...fuck that right?

just like it doesnt affect me whats goin on in your neighborhood,since i dont live there, i wont give a damn...sucks to hear though...
Hey, not to say that everyone else doesn't have their problems.. and I never said not to feel compassion for your fellow human beings. Some people have it ridiculously bad.. and you know what, it is not their fault. It is the fault of their country as a whole. But let's take something into consideration here:

If the good ol' US of A got so horrible to live in, that many of it's citizens decided to flee into the nearest country.. Would you deem that as an acceptable thing to do instead of try and clean up the corrupt government that caused it all?

By the way, are you so naive that you would go as far as to think that we don't have drug, prostitution, rape, murder, and economic chaos right here in our own country? You are placing the focus on these "poor" illegals. I don't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ
its funny though, we live next to a white woman, and she's the one who has dogs running a muck, filthy front yard, delapidated cars...yet our house, is beautifull, clean cut grass, beautifull home, hell my father even offered to cut her yard, and she said no...go figure...

Sure, every race has their trash.. and by no means am I classifying a whole race of people or every single person that comes through illegally in that stereotype. Some may be the cleanest and most motivated people that I have and will ever see in my life. It doesn't make what they are doing any less illegal and any less wrong.
MidnightSlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #145
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Quote:

Take Mexico for example.

Mexicans are the combination of both spain and the indians now

some of my family is light skinned, some are dark

some people say i look white, others say you can tell i'm mexican..i'm light skinned, my brother is darker than me, my other brother is whiter

i'm personally glad the way things turned out, even though there was blood shed, war and others don't like it..this wonderful state is a part of this wonderful country and i would'nt want it any different

-Jorge
Old 01-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #146
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:

but why not atleast make bigger effort to repair the relations to both countries...
Well there has been, & will be cooperation between the US & Mexico
(I am guessing you meant the US & Mexico when you said 'both countries').
Yeah certainly there's always more than can be done on both fronts.
They are neighbors after all.

Quote:
Mexicans are the combination of both spain and the indians now

some of my family is light skinned, some are dark

some people say i look white, others say you can tell i'm mexican..i'm light skinned, my brother is darker than me, my other brother is whiter

i'm personally glad the way things turned out, even though there was blood shed, war and others don't like it..this wonderful state is a part of this wonderful country and i would'nt want it any different
Likewise many Americans are the combination of several ethnic groups.
Many have Native American blood in them (is that the correct PC term today?).

I just think it's impossible to draw the line on political barriers these days,
based on who used to own what, or on the basis of ethnicity.
Even Spain was ruled by the Moors (Morrocco) at some point.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #147
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Hey, not to say that everyone else doesn't have their problems.. and I never said not to feel compassion for your fellow human beings. Some people have it ridiculously bad.. and you know what, it is not their fault. It is the fault of their country as a whole.
and thats exactly what my father was tryin to get away from and succeded. he once told me how he was eating lunch in a small retaurant and maybe 50 ft away someone was shot cold blood...by military.

i could tell you dozens of more stories my father has passed to me, all fucked up, and all shit done by the country he had no choice to be born in...so he made the choice to come here and become a legal citizen...

Quote:
But let's take something into consideration here:

If the good ol' US of A got so horrible to live in, that many of it's citizens decided to flee into the nearest country.. Would you deem that as an acceptable thing to do instead of try and clean up the corrupt government that caused it all?
personally i would stand in arms next to my fellow man and clean up the corrupt, though during lunch i randomly asked one of my bosses, and well lets just say, his answer, to you & me, would def be considered un american...

Quote:
By the way, are you so naive that you would go as far as to think that we don't have drug, prostitution, rape, murder, and economic chaos right here in our own country? You are placing the focus on these "poor" illegals. I don't buy it.
no ofcourse not, but our prostitution/rape/murder isnt as condense as it is there. IM, placing focus on the illegals that can help this country, not all of them in general... but hey i guess my compassion is more open than others...then again, in the US, ive never seen an officer arrest and bitch slap a prostitute for not giving him head at a bar with all his other cop buddies, but hey, only cuz i havent seen it doesnt mean it hasnt happend in the passed...but hey its 2010, lets focus on the now right...even though it happened in 2009...

i grew up in public schools, i grew up in the whole raza, viva mexico BS...i grew up in schools that had gangs...yet im here...in my office, chillen after work, never been arrested, never done drugs, no crazy tatted body displaying all kinds of crazy shit...im me, another american realizing his dream, working hard, getting mine, and sharing with my fam...

Quote:
Sure, every race has their trash.. and by no means am I classifying a whole race of people or every single person that comes through illegally in that stereotype. Some may be the cleanest and most motivated people that I have and will ever see in my life. It doesn't make what they are doing any less illegal and any less wrong.
im not here, to convince you that its not right, because it isnt, ill agree with you there...

whats not right is giving someone hope that you could come to this country, you scrape every penny you can, only to be told no, declined...
why? because since he's of lower class that all he'll ever be? because thats pretty much what happened with my pops...and he pretty much proved a country wrong...and im proud of him for that...he could have easily been just another guy infront of home depot, but no, he wanted better...people like that is who we need to give chances to in this country...not just those with money. and if you have money, consider yourself lucky you can afford to wait and pay for the things others die tryin to have or never see...

Old 01-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #148
MidnightSlide
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
MidnightSlide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

no ofcourse not, but our prostitution/rape/murder isnt as condense as it is there. IM, placing focus on the illegals that can help this country, not all of them in general... but hey i guess my compassion is more open than others...then again, in the US, ive never seen an officer arrest and bitch slap a prostitute for not giving him head at a bar with all his other cop buddies, but hey, only cuz i havent seen it doesnt mean it hasnt happend in the passed...but hey its 2010, lets focus on the now right...even though it happened in 2009...

i grew up in public schools, i grew up in the whole raza, viva mexico BS...i grew up in schools that had gangs...yet im here...in my office, chillen after work, never been arrested, never done drugs, no crazy tatted body displaying all kinds of crazy shit...im me, another american realizing his dream, working hard, getting mine, and sharing with my fam...

im not here, to convince you that its not right, because it isnt, ill agree with you there...

whats not right is giving someone hope that you could come to this country, you scrape every penny you can, only to be told no, declined...
why? because since he's of lower class that all he'll ever be? because thats pretty much what happened with my pops...and he pretty much proved a country wrong...and im proud of him for that...he could have easily been just another guy infront of home depot, but no, he wanted better...people like that is who we need to give chances to in this country...not just those with money. and if you have money, consider yourself lucky you can afford to wait and pay for the things others die tryin to have or never see...
A few things man:

1. Corruption is corruption... any way you look at it.

2. I agree that people SHOULD be able to live the dream, but to an extent. We are our own country, and we need to think about making it a better place for us.. not for everyone that wants to escape their own problems. I do think that there should be a relocation program where immigrants wanting to obtain citizenship should be placed in a vacant and not very populated state, and monitored closely, making sure that they work and attend school. The overpopulation in Southern California is absolutely ridiculous..

3. I think that it should be MANDATORY to learn English. Nothing gets me more pissed off than someone that comes to this country for a better life, and refuses to learn the language. I wouldn't move somewhere and expect people to cater to me. When the immigrants even THOUGHT about coming to America, the very first thing they did was learn the most English they possibly could. Nowadays people take this country for granted and treat it like it owes them something. I think that is absolute BS.

4. For people like you and your Father, I have the utmost of respect. I think that if you want to relocate somewhere and put the work in to improve your way of life as well as the way of life of the people around you, and do your part.. then you should have the right to make a choice on where you want to be. If everyone that came to this country were exactly like you and your Father, then there would be no problems outside of overpopulation issues, and that could be easily solved as long as people were willing to do what it takes to be here, even if that meant living in a "Geographically Undesirable" area. After all, beggars can't be choosers... right?
MidnightSlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #149
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

people cant always stay in their country and try to fix things...that takes years and years, we ourselves are still in the process of improving..

-Jorge
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #150
fortezza
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
fortezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
when i was applying for food stamps, they offer the food stamp to 27 different langauges other than American(english) . also at the dmv you can take the drivers test in 27 different langauges, but all the street signs are in American(english). but those useless facts are off topic.

what bugs me about illegal immigration is the people that came here, and legitimatly applied and passed citizenship are getting screwed by the weasels that feel they don't have to do things by the book. the other thing is all those illegal immigration advocates saying that illegals need to be granted rights, and that it would help the economy, thats bs.
floridians get pissed off at cubans, california gets pissed at mexicans.

If there is anything i do know, latinos, regardless of legality are some of the hardest working, most friendly people i know.
fortezza is offline   Reply With Quote