Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #121
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta View Post
I've had absolutely no problems with the rack or anything else doing this on cars that get used and abused A LOT, working flawlessly. I cant see what it could change pressure wise. The guys to whom the racks have blown must not of been using the oem bolt on the ps pump banjo fitting, if I remember correctly it has built in regulator valve (special bolt)
Ya, IDK... They're all engineers and shit on that board so I would imagine they knew about the regulator on the banjo bolt. But that's just my speculation.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #122
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Peace (or anyone else)- Why didnt you run a PS cooler on your setup after removing the factory hardline "cooling loop"? Is it neccessary to run one, or are the chances of boiling the fluid low?
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #123
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Peace (or anyone else)- Why didnt you run a PS cooler on your setup after removing the factory hardline "cooling loop"? Is it neccessary to run one, or are the chances of boiling the fluid low?
I don't plan on getting the fluid hot enough. No heavy driving, maybe spirited back roads, but thats it.

SMALL UPDATE:

I haven't installed it yet, but the "Econo-Fits" for the PS lines, to small to fit around the hose that it claims. Shitty.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #124
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
The way PeaceOnesxWai is actually pretty slick, and I kick myself for not thinking of doing it that way myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
Have you operated on this rack yet? My friends on Nissan Road Racing say that the weld-on bungs do NOT work and will blow the rack for some odd reason. The only person I know on here that has done the weld on bungs, besides you of course, is Ninocrack and he has not run his car yet.
If you weld directly to the rack's upper housing, you'll melt the upper seal. If you take the upper housing off, and then remove the upper seal, you ruin it...and no one sells a replacement seal for it.

...i'm no engineer, I'm a slop!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #125
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
If you weld directly to the rack's upper housing, you'll melt the upper seal. If you take the upper housing off, and then remove the upper seal, you ruin it...and no one sells a replacement seal for it.

...i'm no engineer, I'm a slop!

And there it is.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #126
Busta

Trader Rating: (0)
Busta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking

Yep, just like Cody said. You can't weld a fitting the rack n pinion upper housing without disassembling it, decontaminating the fuck out of it and good luck finding that seal. You have to tig it witch isn't as accessible to everybody and I do trust steel fittings much more for AN(JIC) high pressure stuff. The best would be if you are one or are friends with a machinist, you could get both fittings machined completely from scratch in one piece with proper specs. That just wasn't an option anymore without spending big bucks to have it done by the crooks around here. Peaceone's solution and mine are almost the same, but I prefer to not weld on the pipe itself
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:40 PM   #127
180sxs13
Leaky Injector

180sxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to wake up dead.

can someone confirm if i can do this nice setup and cancel the pressure restriction (factory banjo fitting) ??
180sxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #128
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Woah havent been in this thread for awhile now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta View Post
Thanks man, pictures explain it all better. Only difference is the ones i've done have the tubes flared into a chamfer that's made into the fitting at the hex side to secure i to the fitting,then both ends are filled flat and welded toghether with two passes. And yes MIG works if done correctly. The ps resevoir on mine was relocated on a bracket by the radiator L/H side with fittings welded to it, gets it away from the exhaust manifolds and this all fixes the pump feed line leaking problems that these cars develop enventually with all new teflon braided ss hoses. Oh by the way I forgot to say that mine was also relocated to the a/c compressor area to give space for turbo piping "up there"
I used flare tube nut for fuel lines before, its a pain and the tube usually cracks when you reach around -6AN.. so im a little iffy on doing that method. Plus it wouldnt be a smart idea to weld a fuel line
I chose to do the weld-on cause 1. its realiable and 2. its cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
I am running one but for the time i was doing my guide I hadnt order it yet. But for concerns, I would be perfectly fine without the cooler on DDs and light spirit driving. Im confident my AN line set up could handle alot more then DOHC PS line so I have no worries about it blowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sxs13 View Post
sorry to wake up dead.

can someone confirm if i can do this nice setup and cancel the pressure restriction (factory banjo fitting) ??
Specify "cancel the pressure restriction"? Like removing the banjo bolt and adding AN fittings?
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #129
180sxs13
Leaky Injector

180sxs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry. was little off (didn't get noticed) !.
Anyway, yes deleting the banjo and the built in regulator valve as guys call it.
180sxs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:03 PM   #130
silviaNC
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
silviaNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
I have black PS line with Earl's PS Fittings - I believe it's XRP since I bought it from anplumbing.com. Technically you're not supposed to run fittings with hose from a different manufacturer, but in the case of XRP and Earls, you can get away with it when using Pro-Lite and Power-steering hose (no idea about stainless braided.)

Color Coordination is everything.

Seriously though, I despise Red/Blue AN fittings with a passion, along with stainless braided hose. Adds a bunch of extra colors to the engine bay that don't really need to be there. Black Fittings and Hose (stainless fittings are cool too, when needed) are an awesome way to 'hide' all of the lines required to make stuff work.
I bought the xrp ps hose and earls ps fitting and having a hell of a time and bruced hands trying to put fittings on the hose. Seems almost imposssible. Any easy way to install the fittings? thanks for help?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
silviaNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:30 AM   #131
dhnedgj

dhnedgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick setup. I want to run this setup minus the cooler for now jus cuz I hate the oem lines.
dhnedgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #132
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaNC View Post
I bought the xrp ps hose and earls ps fitting and having a hell of a time and bruced hands trying to put fittings on the hose. Seems almost imposssible. Any easy way to install the fittings? thanks for help?
You cannot use earls PS hose ends on XRP hose.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #133
silviaNC
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You cannot use earls PS hose ends on XRP hose.
Oh well return time. Just ordered the xpr fittings.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #134
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Oh well return time. Just ordered the xpr fittings.

XRP is good shit. IDK what type of hose ends are for their PS lines, but they have a lot of crimped style fittings, aka you need to buy the tools (numerous thousands of dollars), or send them to XRP to have them crimp it for you, or if you order, you can specify the length and they'll make it for you so you don't have to double handle everything...

That is if it's a crimp end.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #135
silviaNC
Zilvia Addict

Had to take xrp hose and end fittings to a shop to get them in. Here is my setup almost complete

Old 07-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #136
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Had to take xrp hose and end fittings to a shop to get them in. Here is my setup almost complete
Looks like you have an LS swap? If so, who made your high-pressure line?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #137
silviaNC
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Looks like you have an LS swap? If so, who made your high-pressure line?
Is an rb26 and bought xrp high pressure hose and fittings as i stated on post. Low pressure and return are pro lite nylon hose
Old 07-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #138
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Is an rb26 and bought xrp high pressure hose and fittings as i stated on post. Low pressure and return are pro lite nylon hose
I don't check old posts, but ya, looks good. Looks similar to an LS swap PS line I've seen before and being that your pan looked like a sikky pan, I just assumed...
Old 07-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #139
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I hurd Z33 PS cooler is pretty much a bolt in affair. Anyone have more info on this?
Old 07-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #140
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsTanCeZ View Post
I hurd Z33 PS cooler is pretty much a bolt in affair. Anyone have more info on this?
IDK what you mean by bolt on affair. It looks like any el cheapo shitty cooler you can buy at like vato zone and napa. I bought a cheap aluminum finned afco one from speedway. Easy peasy.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #141
abcdefg123
Leaky Injector

abcdefg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Updates to this thread? New pictures?
abcdefg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #142
*brett*
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
*brett* is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
does anyone know the size of the tube coming out of the rack? i dont have access to a welder but i see they make a flare fitting adapter that might work
*brett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #143
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Might be resurrecting a dead question but I've noticed my power steering isn't necessarily the quickest anymore since AN lines and cooler.

Once I'm rolling everything is fine, but if I try to make a really sharp movement I feel a very slight bit of restriction and than everything is smooth.

When the car is idle it's hard as shit to turn sometimes.

Any solutions or ideas to this?
Old 08-12-2015, 06:12 AM   #144
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Sorry to bump an old thread...

I have the ISIS ps kit and my fitting on the rack leaks.

I've looked through this thread and cant find an exact link to the fitting i need to go into the rack.

this is the fitting in question:

will this fitting work? :
http://www.jegs.com/i/Earl%26%23039%...91954/10002/-1

if not can someone please link me to the fitting I need.

Thanks

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #145
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
slow92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
It is one of these two but I can't remember which goes to which off the top of my head. Obviously if you are running a larger AN hose than you would just need to find the correct part number for the it along with the correct thread pitch for the rack.

Pump High Pressure 16x1.5 Crush Washer -6AN 9919DFJERL
Rack Return 16x1.5 O ringed to -6AN 991955ERL
Old 08-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #146
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Thanks its my High side fitting that is leaking.

Is the earl's fitting long enough seal correctly in the rack. As in the previous pages was saying something about the fittings being to short or something.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:10 AM   #147
driver11324
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
driver11324 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Thanks its my High side fitting that is leaking.

Is the earl's fitting long enough seal correctly in the rack. As in the previous pages was saying something about the fittings being to short or something.
Cant stop the Dway
driver11324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:48 AM   #148
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill. View Post
I got sick of my rack adapters weeping P/S fluid, so used this as a quick fix on the dyno.

Rated to 2000psi (same as most P/S high pressure hose), haven't had any problems in the 2000km/1200miles I've driven since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Haha, Right!?!? Fuck man, its cheaper on Amazon but CHRIST!

AMAZON LINK $21

Also, the 54540 only works up to 300* F vesus the 59214 is 400*F; both rated at 10,000 PSI

Source:
59214 PDF Downloads

54540 PDF Downloads
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread...

I have the ISIS ps kit and my fitting on the rack leaks.

I've looked through this thread and cant find an exact link to the fitting i need to go into the rack.

this is the fitting in question:

will this fitting work? :
http://www.jegs.com/i/Earl%26%23039%...91954/10002/-1

if not can someone please link me to the fitting I need.

Thanks
Page back or so, had this for over a year with no leaks.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #149
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martino View Post
Might be resurrecting a dead question but I've noticed my power steering isn't necessarily the quickest anymore since AN lines and cooler.

Once I'm rolling everything is fine, but if I try to make a really sharp movement I feel a very slight bit of restriction and than everything is smooth.

When the car is idle it's hard as shit to turn sometimes.

Any solutions or ideas to this?
This is called "pump catch", and it's usually caused by not enough flow from the pump during movements that need it (such as quick movements or fast transitions). I've been trying to dial this out for a while now. I have a restrictor in my KA pump that is working perfectly with the giant reservoir I have, but I have yet to install my cooler, so I'm not sure how that affects things. It's a pain haha.

Are you still running the banjo bolt and cast outlet on your pump? That has a built in restrictor that you may need to remove with a decent size cooler. There are -6 adapters for that if you need ALL the flow, or restrictors of various sizes. You basically have to experiment haha.

For everyone else: I've been using a standard steel adapter fitting in my high pressure side with no leaks for a while now. No sealant, just tightened it good and tight...

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #150
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
Okay so I recently upgraded my entire PS system and I wanted to revise the parts list as the parts in the OP didn't work for me.

Little back round about my car: Completely stock KA24DE with all emissions attached, OEM airbox, silvia front end. I wanted to upgrade my PS system because the fluid would boil over super quick and make my steering feel like shit.

I got all my parts from Anplumbing.com. Please note I went with all black Earls plumbing but XRP will work just fine you just have to cross reference part numbers.

967110ERL -10 A.N. Male Weld Fitting. Steel x1 (this will be welded onto the bottom of your Stock PS reservoir and feed into the actual pump)

967106ERL -6 A.N. Male Weld Fitting. Steel x1 (This will be welded onto the return side of the reservoir)

Option A:
997110ERL -10 A.N. Male Weld-on. Aluminum x1 (make sure to get the aluminum one as the return line from the pump is aluminum on KA24DE/SR, however the KAE is steel)

Option B: I just happened to have a turbo oil return outlet fitting that actually fit on the steering pump. I just had to use a round file to shave some of the aluminum down where the screws attached so it would fit straight on the pump) Make sure to replace the little O-Ring that is on the pump so it doesn't leak.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Vibrant-Perfor...ductId=3151061

Just like the OP I decided to go with Push style fittings for my low pressure.

AT700167ERL 3/8 -6 Straight Super Stock Hose End. Aluminum. Black Hard Anodized x2 (I used these on my 15 row Setrab cooler)

If you're going to get a setrab make sure you also get two of these as they fit into the cooler so you're able to run the straight push on fittings listed above.
M22AN6 -6 22mm X 1.50 SETRAB Oil Cooler Adapter. 22mm x 1.5 to -6. x2

AT709167ERL 3/8 -6 90 Deg. Super Stock Hose End. Aluminum x2 (One goes onto the -6 weld on fitting for the cooler and the other goes onto the low pressure fitting on the steering rack)

AT709111ERL 5/8 -10 90 Deg. Super Stock Hose End. Aluminum x1 This will go onto the turbo oil return fitting I used for the steering pump.

AT704611ERL 5/8 -10 45 Deg. Super Stock Hose End. Aluminum x1 (This will attach to the weld on fitting at the bottom of the reservoir)

For my high pressure I decided to go with the whale tuned premade kit. Super high quality.
http://www.whalentuned.com/collectio...ering-assembly

Now for the fittings on the steering high/low pressure. Everyone has problems with it leaking. I decided to go with the all star fittings mentioned previously in this thread.

ALL48211- Power Steering Adapter, Steel, Zinc Plated, -6 AN Male to 14mm x 1.50 Inverted Flare x1 (This goes onto the high pressure side. I didn't lathe these down, I just used some high quality thread sealant and it doesn't leak at all)

ALL48210- Power Steering Adapter, Steel, Zinc Plated, -6 AN Male to 16mm x 1.50 Inverted Flare x1 (Low pressure side on the steering rack)

780006ERL- 3/8 Push-On Hose. Black. Use Earl's Push-On Hose Ends. 6ft (This is for the reservoir to the return line and from the low pressure steering rack fitting to the oil cooler)

780010ERL -5/8 Push-On Hose. Black. Use Earl's Push-On Hose Ends. 2ft (This is for the -10 fittings from the reservoir to the steering pump)

Make sure the low pressure line from the rack goes to the left side of the cooler, and returns back into the return side of the reservoir.

As for fluid I used redline fully synthetic racing ATF. I bought 2 quarts and that was plenty.
http://www.frsport.com/Redline-30304...t_p_14855.html

I did test this setup at a drift event and I had zero leaks, and no boiling fluid. Make sure you bleed the air bubbles completely from the system.

I hope this made sense as this is my first write up. I will upload pics when I have free time.

Last edited by joshchewuhh; 03-27-2016 at 10:53 PM..
joshchewuhh is offline   Reply With Quote