Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #121
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^^ Damn I didn't know that!!!! I already placed a order for a Zeta III earlier this month, but I wasn't planning to buy a passenger seat till next spring...I might have to bite the bullet, depending on how much the increase is.

Thanks again Continue with your thread, I won't clog it up...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #122
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm putting in an order for a Zeta III soon aswell lol

Not before the price hike though
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #123
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Zeta 3 club yeeeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #124
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Figured I'd post a small update of the "parts are showing up" sort. Haven't worked on the car much, been crazy busy with school.

So here's what I've had show up in the last week.

-Ganador Mirrors
-Buddy Club Spec 2
-RS*R Bushing kit
-300ZX Rear caliper rebuilt kit
-Circuit Sport exhaust hanger bushings

Ordered a Bride Zeta 3. That will be here Friday. Shipped my PowerFC off to A'PEXi japan to have that refurbished.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #125
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
I love it when Christmas comes early! I had my friend look into ordering me a set of Ganador mirrors with blue lenses, but they do not make them anymore

Oh BTW you were totally right about the Bride seats. Mine shipped yesterday and will arrive next week.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #126
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Buddy Club? Why not Reinhard?

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #127
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I love it when Christmas comes early! I had my friend look into ordering me a set of Ganador mirrors with blue lenses, but they do not make them anymore
ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

rs*r bushing kit, what does it do?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #128
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
powa fc troubles.. typical. looking nice btw
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #129
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Oh BTW you were totally right about the Bride seats. Mine shipped yesterday and will arrive next week.
Where did you end up ordering from? The dude at driveline was kind of jerking me around. Tried to charge me more over the phone than what was listed on their website. I went with AutoRnD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Buddy Club? Why not Reinhard?

Such a troll! I would love a Reinhard, I'm just not enough of a boss for one right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
rs*r bushing kit, what does it do?
Polyurethane bushings for all bushings in the suspension. Subframe, all of the rear arms, steering rack, etc. I'm trying not to put anything back on the car that isn't freshened up or made better in some way.

I'm currently taking apart my 300ZX calipers to get powdercoated. I'm trying to freshen up every aspect of those: powdercoating, zinc plating all bolts, new seals and hardware, etc. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to get new pistons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
powa fc troubles.. typical. looking nice btw
Thanks man. Kinda hard to blame this one on the powerFC...I mean I hooked up my battery backwards and it melted everything in that car haha.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #130
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Decided to put the Ganador's on last night. I'll be painting them red before too long here hopefully but these will work for now.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #131
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Ganador club

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 AM   #132
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i dig it black,.....like from the factory
Old 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #133
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Yeah tell me about it...I should have bought a set sooner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
Where did you end up ordering from? The dude at driveline was kind of jerking me around. Tried to charge me more over the phone than what was listed on their website. I went with AutoRnD.
My friend is in Japan so I don't know exactly which shop he hits up (It could be a few since I'm ordering a body kit as well) but I can find out if you'd like. I just told him to go a head and order the regular lame version
Old 10-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #134
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

I really wanted a set with blue mirrors, but I just bought what was available.

What do you mean regular lame version tricky?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #135
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rsr box looking all cool and shit. New Piggy Bank
Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #136
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Ganador club
Two peas in a pod I tell ya.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #137
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
I really wanted a set with blue mirrors, but I just bought what was available.

What do you mean regular lame version tricky?
Oh I was just joking (Blue over the regular mirrors). It's just I REALLY wanted the blue lens version...
Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #138
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

I prefer the blue lens as well. I had blue lenses in my Spoon mirrors for my last civic and dug them. Plus they're cooler.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #139
cjmirabal1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cjmirabal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
omg!! nice
cjmirabal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #140
riptor
Zilvia Member

riptor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks man. Kinda hard to blame this one on the powerFC...I mean I hooked up my battery backwards and it melted everything in that car haha.
HAHA...damn now i dont feel like a retarded anymore!! thats the same thing that happened to my pfc yo! u gonna get another one or go with ems II?
riptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #141
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

I'm having my PowerFC refurbished/rebuilt by apexi. what is EMS2?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #142
riptor
Zilvia Member

just a word of warning bro...i sent mine in as well. just got i back last week with a "im sorry sir...we couldnt save her" phone call. i dont know if yours is in better shape then mine was...but good luck to ya...im STILL lookin for a new one. and the ems series II is AEM's lates and greatest. From what ive heard its supposed to be the bee's knees. From what ive read. it has a couple different features that the PFC dosnt, however its still kina pricy like i said earlier ($1200 range).

Last edited by riptor; 10-06-2011 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: cuz i can spell!!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #143
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My "spoon" mirrors (vision) have blue tint. We should trade
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #144
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Dang, I never thought they'd tell someone they couldn't fix something. Pretty sure I'll get that phone call as well then haha. Dreamcrusher. Mine was trashed. Can't find the pic right now I took of it.

I'm pretty sold on PowerFC's. I'm pretty completely not-sold on AEM EMS. I've had 2 cars with powerFC's and both have worked awesome, run great, etc. There is a great powerFC tuner in St. Louis too so that helps having one only 3 hours away. AEM EMS..well...meh. I've known a few guys to have trouble with them, even when they have "high profile" shops like AMS working on them.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #145
Typeone
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (0)
Typeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura aboutTypeone has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beautiful car... I look forward to seeing more.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #146
riptor
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Dang, I never thought they'd tell someone they couldn't fix something. Pretty sure I'll get that phone call as well then haha. Dreamcrusher. Mine was trashed. Can't find the pic right now I took of it.

I'm pretty sold on PowerFC's. I'm pretty completely not-sold on AEM EMS. I've had 2 cars with powerFC's and both have worked awesome, run great, etc. There is a great powerFC tuner in St. Louis too so that helps having one only 3 hours away. AEM EMS..well...meh. I've known a few guys to have trouble with them, even when they have "high profile" shops like AMS working on them.
hahah not tryin to be a dream wercker bro!! im still tryin to get my money together for another one. lol. i liked my pfc as well..i really like the idea of the commander and the functionality of the unit as a whole. they might be able to fix it bro...but good luck either way! and thanx for the inspration again man im tellin ya....this is EXACTLY what i want to do with my green machine! as far as the outside goes..
Old 10-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #147
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Quote:

Decided to put the Ganador's on last night. I'll be painting them red before too long here hopefully but these will work for now.
Glad you got the mirrors bro! They look good! I'll look out for some blue lenses for you...
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #148
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ And for me too!

This car is seriously getting so much more rad this week. Good lawd.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #149
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yea blue tint is apparently discontinued. but that can be solved EASILY for bowlers like you mid west dudes.

have a glass shop cut u some, or tint them up urself. BLUE
Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #150
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

OK time for another update. I actually worked on the car a little this time instead of just taking pictures of everything piled up.

Ok so here is what my ground clearance looked like with the factory exhaust. Part of the reason I was doing the exhaust ws to gain ground clearance since I'm tearing up my garage floor when I pull out of it.

And here is what the back of the car looks like with factory exhaust:

I ended up picking up a set of circuit sports exhaust hanger bushings with hopes that it will bring the exhaust up a little higher. These are polyurethane so they're quite a bit stiffer than the old clapped out factory pieces.

I don't have a whole lot of progress pictures so I'll just write a book about what went down.

After spending a little bit getting the car all jacked up and supported properly it was time to tear into it. I've recently developed a phobia of being under cars (doesn't bode well for my HICAS removal project this winter...) so I tried to make sure everything was supported properly. I put the rear wheels on the race ramps wheel cribs (these aren't my pictures, I googled them to show you guys what I did):

The put the front wheels on the Race Ramps Roll ups and chocked them front and rear on both sides.

Now that the car was all ready to go, it was time to start pulling off the ol' trusty OEM exhaust. Surprisingly it was in decent shape. One of the mufflers was rusty on the side and had cracked but not too bad. It has to be one of the few factory exhausts left haha. I pulled that guy down and saws-all'ed it up so the garbage man would take it away in the morning. Next was working with the new exhaust. It's a 2 piece design that uses a slip joint in the middle with springs to hold it together. I coated the joint with heat resistant anti-seize so hopefully it isn't too hard to pull apart should I ever need to.

Next I put on the exhaust hanger bushings. I couldn't find my trusty can of silicone to spray in these to make installation easier, so I went ghetto and just used the next slickest thing I could think of: Tire Shine. It ended up working pretty well. So I got the exhaust all mounted up and good to go. Here are some pictures:

A little more ground clearance but I may end up either having my downpipe bent by an exhaust shop so that it tucks up higher by where the cat would be or just going with a PBM Cobra 2 downpipe.

And one picture of the car after I finished buttoning everything up:

While I was under the car I found out why my speedometer wasn't working: the speed sensor was very loose int he transmission. So I tightened that guy up and continued looking around for other little things to fix. I noticed my frame rails had pretty much all of the undercoating ground off from sliding across crappy driveways and what not, so while I'm under there this winter with everything apart I'll be undercoating everything. Now I'm saving up for all SPL Pro V3 arms and maybe some NISMO lower control arms and a whiteline sway bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNOpDIIkqBQ