Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #121
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
Probably thought you were a tweaker that just boosted a car. Hahaha. No offense but i think that when i see really skinny white people.
Hahaha ... Thats f'd up to say
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #122
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Probably thought you were a tweaker that just boosted a car. Hahaha. No offense but i think that when i see really skinny white people.
I'm 6'1 160lbs, so not quite tweaker status... but that's hilarious either way.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #123
cj1977

cj1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Evening guys! I have a 92" s13 coupe m/t. My exhaust is not stock but it's not loud. My s13's body is stock but my wheels are wide. I know my rights. I don't drive like a jack ass or a ricer and that's hard to do with a slow and tired KA24DE engine. I never get pulled over. Oh and I am MP who works traffic meaning I write lots of citations for mostly speeding and I investigate traffic accidents. What gets my attention the most is failing to use turn signals, trailing or lead vehicles traveling at a high rate of speed. Does that tell you to travel in packs? Lastly, what gets my attention the most is really loud exhaust. Be courteous when you drive, obey the traffic laws, and don't race on public roads.
cj1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #124
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
That "wall of tickets" photo is old, this is definitely not the first time I've seen it. I'm pretty sure those are from when your car was really busted. I would totally have pulled THAT car over, LOL! It could also be the rollcage too in the new car, that's kind of obvious... Besides all that, everyone knows that burbank pretty much sucks ass, haha. It's not so much the people that live there or the area, it's the douchebags that run the place and of course your favorite police department.

I've personally never had a problem with cops. I've never even once had my hood popped, never gotten a fix-it ticked for a mod, and have never been harassed or hassled by any cop for anything. Even when I was totally in the wrong it was a minimal hassle and I usually didn't get a ticket of any kind.
It all has to do with the area.

Like I said, most of those were when the car was new and i hadnt even been to the track yet.

When the car was at its worse, i was in LA, and never got a ticket.
And with the newer shell and cage in LA, they dont care.
They only pull you over to harass you here.

alot of times they let me go as soon as they realize i am 36, and i drop something about going to work at whichever studio i am working at.
They usually ask if Im on probation, so that goes to show who they thought they were pulling over, cause im sure they arent asking soccer moms that shit.

and burbank doesnt sign tickets off, the highway patrol does.

I once got a ticket by burbank PD on the corner of the courthouse at 7am for a muffler i had signed off at 3pm the day earlier.
They sat there with me, popped the hood, and wasted 30 minutes to make sure i would be late to have the previous ticket signed off in court.

Of course, after court, i went straight to the Police station, got their watch captain and filed a complaint against the officers involved.

Went to the state patrol and had him sign the new one off and he asked what happened on recognizing my car.
The look of disgust he had for those officers, lol
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #125
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I would say from my experiance your better off with the stock look, but exhaust is what gets their attention without even having to see you. I thought I had been pulled over alot but now that I think about it I daily drove my s14 kitted lowered with 3in exhaust for about 2 1/2 year and I've only been pulled over around 3 or 4 times but I also drive like a grandma cas I don't want anymore tickets.

Not just that it depends on the cop, some cops just look for those whom are breaking the law others are just itching to hand out tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #126
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
s13 street exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

I once got a ticket by burbank PD on the corner of the courthouse at 7am for a muffler i had signed off at 3pm the day earlier.
They sat there with me, popped the hood, and wasted 30 minutes to make sure i would be late to have the previous ticket signed off in court.

Of course, after court, i went straight to the Police station, got their watch captain and filed a complaint against the officers involved.

Went to the state patrol and had him sign the new one off and he asked what happened on recognizing my car.

you sir, are a G. thats how you stick it back to the man!!

OP, i think your question is something you can answer for yourself. I mean if your car is clean out and in you wont have problems if you put a street exhaust on your car. When I had a busty DD hatch beater, I got 5 tickets in 8 months, all fix it small waste my time tickets. I've had a clean ass coupe for 3 years now, only got one ticket cause i did an illegal u turn over here in the SFV. I'd say you're gonna be fine they have bigger fish to fry.
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #127
Flatline1121
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flatline1121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is why im glad i dont live in CA. FL, at least around me, is super laid back about this stuff. No emissions testing, and most cops are worried more about people breaking laws that can hurt people.

I've driven around with no bumper, hood, or fenders for a day or two with no issues.
Flatline1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #128
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Like I said before, cops don't like paperwork! LOL!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #129
The12thDoctor

The12thDoctor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Like I said, most of those were when the car was new and i hadnt even been to the track yet.

When the car was at its worse, i was in LA, and never got a ticket.
And with the newer shell and cage in LA, they dont care.
They only pull you over to harass you here.

alot of times they let me go as soon as they realize i am 36, and i drop something about going to work at whichever studio i am working at.
They usually ask if Im on probation, so that goes to show who they thought they were pulling over, cause im sure they arent asking soccer moms that shit.

and burbank doesnt sign tickets off, the highway patrol does.

I feel you. I live in a college town and know a few police here (as my previous job kept me in close contact with a lot of them.) State Patrol in Florida told me that basically he looks for anything that looks like it could be a "street racer." When I asked him if he feels the same about BMWs or Porsches..he laughed and said "No rich people don't race."

Kind of ironic since everyone I see at the local track for test and tune is riding up with brand new F150s towing their "tuner cars" to the track to play....mostly extremely rich guys who I see at car club.
The12thDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #130
mantas
Zilvia Addict

mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
I'm 6'1 160lbs, so not quite tweaker status... but that's hilarious either way.
Whats funny = Im about 165lbs, 6'1", white and i think im pretty damn skinny for my height. I guess with our height someone (white person) would have to be about 150lbs to look like a meth head. Hahahaha.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #131
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I live in Queens ny and get pulled over more often in my daily which has a tinted windshield as opposed to my S13 that I drive with no hood on.

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #132
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ive only been pulled over twice in owning my s13 for a year. both were nothing big. once was before the silvia conversion and paint. pulled over for exhaust coming home from snowboarding. cop was chill and let me go.

and i was pulled over last week on the palisades parkway by a state trooper. asks me if i know who he is. i said no. then says i know you.... i live 4 houses down from you. i was like he just said to drive quieter around the neighborhood and let me go.

i have an sr20 with straight pipes, bright red paint, slammed, flush wheels, but cops dont pull me over. because i drive like an adult, and keep the fun to the track and back roads
Old 09-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #133
Leo-kun
Zilvia Member

Leo-kun is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
ive only been pulled over twice in owning my s13 for a year. both were nothing big. once was before the silvia conversion and paint. pulled over for exhaust coming home from snowboarding. cop was chill and let me go.

and i was pulled over last week on the palisades parkway by a state trooper. asks me if i know who he is. i said no. then says i know you.... i live 4 houses down from you. i was like he just said to drive quieter around the neighborhood and let me go.

i have an sr20 with straight pipes, bright red paint, slammed, flush wheels, but cops dont pull me over. because i drive like an adult, and keep the fun to the track and back roads
Judging by your sig, your s13 is not even close to "flush" or "slammed."

Anyways up here in Norcal it really depends on the area youre in. Also CHP and Solano sheriffs are assholes. But just drive normal.
Leo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:14 AM   #134
i<3chicken
Leaky Injector

i<3chicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Well second time this week...I live in kcmo. Cops are ass holes here. my car is loud, multi paint, wide wheels, expired tags and no lights...what a joy it is to drive to work...I'm so glad I now have a Subaru to dd

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
i<3chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #135
Markyboi7500

Markyboi7500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got pulled on the way back from a car show (jae) because of no plate on the front. Think my mates face says it all! http://[IMG]http://i1255.photobucket....jpg[/IMG]
Markyboi7500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #136
Markyboi7500

Markyboi7500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Upload fail

Markyboi7500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #137
benz88
Leaky Injector

benz88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to get pulled over couple times a week, But this was when I drove my lincoln daily. 9 times out of 10 if a cop seen me I'd get pulled over Just cause what I drove.
benz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #138
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
I've gotten pulled in my silver/stock em2 more than my red and no where near stock s13. Matter of fact, just last week I was pulled over with my hood up (leaking coolant and 100*+ temps don't mix) and the police chief stopped and asked if I was ok. The dude even went and got me a bucket of water and helped poor it in. All the while my sr20 was right in front of him and he never said a word.

Another time, a cop that followed me home and called me over to his car once I was parked in the garage. He asked me about my exhaust because he liked the way it sounded and was looking for an exhaust for his speed3. Of course I neglected to mention is was catless.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #139
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
Another time, a cop that followed me home and called me over to his car once I was parked in the garage. He asked me about my exhaust because he liked the way it sounded and was looking for an exhaust for his speed3. Of course I neglected to mention is was catless.
how funny is that...awesome story.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #140
iRideFBMSR20det
Leaky Injector

iRideFBMSR20det is an unknown quantity at this point
You know what's funny, I got pulled over more in my Volvo R then I have in the S14.
iRideFBMSR20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #141
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
The track would probably be a good first place. Keep it off the streets.
Cant afford 100 $ + for a couple hours if not mins of drifting.. If it was affordable yeah ofcourse.. and if i had a trailer and truck to tow me there... i would only be at the track non stop.. Cant drive there i know i would get a ticket.. or atleast impounded..
Old 09-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #142
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
bunny13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboi7500 View Post
Upload fail

Does that guy in the blue hat not have any shoes on?
bunny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #143
89240sex
Zilvia Member

89240sex is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't really get pulled over EVER. The last time i got pulled over was for the cop being a dickbag. Guy told me i had too many stickers on my car and it was obstructing my view. I have blast pipes on the RB in my car and they don't bother me for that. Drive sensible, they'll leave you alone.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #144
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
Cant afford 100 $ + for a couple hours if not mins of drifting.. If it was affordable yeah ofcourse.. and if i had a trailer and truck to tow me there... i would only be at the track non stop.. Cant drive there i know i would get a ticket.. or atleast impounded..
Your theory just blows my mind.. honestly.

Lets just hypothetically say, you went and practiced on the streets, cop around the corner, boom... busted. How much do you think thats going to cost you, reckless driving, modified car, impound fees, lawyer fees, bail (unless you get a cool cop), etc etc... Couple grand easily.

Vs,
Taking it to the track for $100, find a friend with a truck and rent the uhaul trailer (pretty cheap)... You dont have to worry about getting caught.

Some people are just stupid. I dont care if you slide on the streets, just dont post about it, because your going to get pinked if a mod sees it, and it makes you look like just another d-bag that gives drifting a bad name.

That is all.

Last edited by xoxide; 09-23-2012 at 08:31 PM..
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #145
ReEducation
Zilvia Junkie

ReEducation is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBrown View Post
This is a dumbass statement. It does not take into account any profiling by police, which of course happens everyday - regardless if you drive a modified 240, EVO, Z33, etc.
His statement is pretty legit. If you don't drive like a douchebag, most cops will leave you alone. Hell some will even compliment your car.
ReEducation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #146
Fuego
Zilvia Addict

Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReEducation View Post
His statement is pretty legit. If you don't drive like a douchebag, most cops will leave you alone. Hell some will even compliment your car.
Yep the only imports they might profiling are the ones that look sketch and sound like shit. (Read different color body panels, straight pipes, hondas with shitty exhaust, etc)
Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #147
mantas
Zilvia Addict

I dont think cops care that much about what you drive unless it looks like shit or like it is not meant to be driven on the street. I ran into some ahole today in an m3.....this guy deserves the douchebag of the year award. We are both pumping gas and he pulls out his golf stick out of his trunk and starts practicing his swings. I leave and i see him runnin into his car - mind you he is some 45+ white dude. I pull out of the station and get up to speed kind of quick because cars are coming at me, wel the ahole races after me and flys by me like a bat out of hell. Who do you think a cop is gonna pull over? A guy in a 240 doing 35mph or an ahole in his m3 going 65mph?

Like ive said before if you drive like an idiot you will get pulled over and get tickets up the ying yang. If you drive like the average person on the road why would a cop pull you over? Unless your ricer car has loud exhaust or is so damn low its throwing sparks....
Old 09-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #148
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
I dont think cops care that much about what you drive unless it looks like shit or like it is not meant to be driven on the street. I ran into some ahole today in an m3.....this guy deserves the douchebag of the year award. We are both pumping gas and he pulls out his golf stick out of his trunk and starts practicing his swings. I leave and i see him runnin into his car - mind you he is some 45+ white dude. I pull out of the station and get up to speed kind of quick because cars are coming at me, wel the ahole races after me and flys by me like a bat out of hell. Who do you think a cop is gonna pull over? A guy in a 240 doing 35mph or an ahole in his m3 going 65mph?

Like ive said before if you drive like an idiot you will get pulled over and get tickets up the ying yang. If you drive like the average person on the road ehy would a cop pull you over? Unless your ricer car has loud exhaust or is so dam. Low its throwing sparks....

Lololol

This reminds me of my boss. He has a White M3. I eat my lunch in my car most of the time, and one time he was in his M3 parked close to me during lunch and out of no were i hear him reving his engine.. Lolol i thought it was super funny and cheesy so i smerked trying not to lough. Then he gets out and stares at me and says " Nice hugh?"... And my dumb responce " yea pretty loud" *super quiet stock exhaust lol
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #149
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Only the highway police give me flak here
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #150
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
Lololol

This reminds me of my boss. He has a White M3. I eat my lunch in my car most of the time, and one time he was in his M3 parked close to me during lunch and out of no were i hear him reving his engine.. Lolol i thought it was super funny and cheesy so i smerked trying not to lough. Then he gets out and stares at me and says " Nice hugh?"... And my dumb responce " yea pretty loud" *super quiet stock exhaust lol
Lmao, this guy was cut from the same cloth as your boss. And it was a 4 door m3. I bet his wife didn't let him get a 2 door car.