Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #1471
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Twistex is that the PBM spindles or did you mod yours?
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #1472
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I dont know how you guys do it, but in my car with 18 by 10 + 18 275 tire, it will crash in to the back of the wheel well under full lock. Hell On the drivers side it will crash into the firewall by where the harness used to come out under full lock with any kin d of bump. I do have tie rod spacers and i think the caster was like 8 degrees or something like that. Maybe ill try stepping down to a 265 next time,though i cant see it making much of a difference.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #1473
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
Welded this for a guy that is heavily into auto crossing with his mustang (newer kind, not sure what year). It goes in the middle of the back window for support for his new plex glass or whatever that stuff is called. He made it, i just welded it.

DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #1474
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
^Those welding rods look thick! Might just be me though.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #1475
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
^Those welding rods look thick! Might just be me though.
hehe, standard size, .093 (3/32) 5356 aluminum rods.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #1476
twistex
Leaky Injector

twistex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to twistex
Some baller looking aluminum tig welds buddy !
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #1477
twistex
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrfiter22 View Post
Twistex is that the PBM spindles or did you mod yours?
those are pbm.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #1478
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistex View Post
Some baller looking aluminum tig welds buddy !
Your headers are nice, clean and professional!!

How hard would you say welding one up is? a simple design for starters. My only main concern is the collector part. Ive welded a turbo manifold before, so i have some what of an idea, but the collectors on headers are so much closer together so its different in the way you would approach it when welding it together.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #1479
twistex
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisEpyon View Post
Your headers are nice, clean and professional!!

How hard would you say welding one up is? a simple design for starters. My only main concern is the collector part. Ive welded a turbo manifold before, so i have some what of an idea, but the collectors on headers are so much closer together so its different in the way you would approach it when welding it together.

Well for starters I get the runners prebent now and place them in my fictures/jigs and then weld them up. I Have been mig welding them lately because to tig the collector area is a bitch. where all 4 pipes meet i weld a laser cut ninja star inside then slip collector over pipes and weld it shut. the primarys on flange i weld also. It has taken me like 3 years to perfect them and just finally had opurtunity to get the prebent. before i was using j bends cuting and welding it was a PAIN IN THE ASS! You should see my first set I ever made ! LOL they still work to this day .. well they are sitting on a shelf now.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 AM   #1480
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ Yeah, everyone I know that makes their own exhausts gets prebent runners/collectors - makes everything SO much easier.

I finished my 2nd tub in the front today, and am almost finished with the two rears - should be fitting everything on there tomorrow or Tuesday and I'll post pics of clearances.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #1481
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
For collectors I would personally just buy the "merge collectors", I think burns stainless makes them. They are super nice.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #1482
4sfed180
Zilvia Member

4sfed180 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to 4sfed180
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
For collectors I would personally just buy the "merge collectors", I think burns stainless makes them. They are super nice.
+1 burn stainless is the shit. they make great products and their customer service rocks. also, if you know who to ask for and who to mention as a reference you can get just about anything at like 40% off

i love how networking can save you so much money.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #1483
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sfed180 View Post
+1 burn stainless is the shit. they make great products and their customer service rocks. also, if you know who to ask for and who to mention as a reference you can get just about anything at like 40% off

i love how networking can save you so much money.
... so we're all going to PM you when we have to order stuff... That's cool, right?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #1484
twistex
Leaky Injector

burns does make some baller collectors the cone eng. collectors look similar. Most people just want ls1 headers so they can get it up and running. there are a selected few that will pay extra for a nicer collector that will make more power!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #1485
kicknitsilly

kicknitsilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
Sorry for the quality taken on a cell camera. And im f'n pissed my rear bumper wont fit lol:hammer:

who makes that intake mani? I have the same one on my SR and never found out who makes it, I was told Ground Zero Motor sports made them but they are no longer in biz. To make things even crazier your the only other person ive seen with the same intake mani.
kicknitsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #1486
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xracer
Xcessive Manufacturing
Old 03-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #1487
Monooxide
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Monooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to beholdMonooxide is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicknitsilly View Post
who makes that intake mani? I have the same one on my SR and never found out who makes it, I was told Ground Zero Motor sports made them but they are no longer in biz. To make things even crazier your the only other person ive seen with the same intake mani.
They had two names at one point, Xcessive and GroundZero.
Monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #1488
rappadan
Leaky Injector

rappadan is an unknown quantity at this point

More teaser pics from a couple pages ago that had the CBR600 in the picture, these are his most recent pictures of him fitting all Chaser Aero parts. I think his wheels are 17x9 23 in the front and 17x10.5 with a 20mm spacer in the rear. 30mm front fenders, 25mm wide rears. and of course uras type 4. I told him he needs to be like 3in lower though!
rappadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #1489
4sfed180
Zilvia Member

4sfed180 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to 4sfed180
^^^^so what part of this cookie-cutter s-chassis is pertinent to the fabrication thread?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #1490
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im sure a custom crossmember and oil pan at the very least, but who knows,

he shouldve started off with a disclaimer
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #1491
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
carbs..... why. just why?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #1492
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn4 View Post
worked on building an intake. note: i still need to weld up the piping, polish the box, add the grommet where the pipe goes into the box, etc. just thought i would show you where i am going with it.

the filter is on the front side of the box. it is sealed up against the radiator support and pulls air from behind the head lamp. all the air will be from in front of the radiator... so theoretically it should be nice and cool.

got the intake air temp sensor here in the bottom of the pipe.
thats what i was going to do but instead i went with a straight pipe and a cone.

i really wanna build a cold air box with a con inside and scoop from the i/c cutout from when i had the sr.

where did u get ur piping? i got some stainless elbows but im using them for a y-pipe.

here is mine

custom mounts, custom everything really. lol
Old 03-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #1493
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection

Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #1494
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection

Old 03-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #1495
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bohan View Post

This thing is looking insane!!! Is that someone elses rear suspension or did you guys design and machine it?!
driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #1496
BrianG701

BrianG701 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's some motor and trans mounts I just tacked together for my LOCOST project

Hers a pic to put into perspective how big the who car actually is
BrianG701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #1497
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews

Not my car, but I found these on nico. This is an old speed touring car s-14. Now THAT'S what I call some modded spindles! There's a good 2" of spacing there!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #1498
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftstyre View Post
This thing is looking insane!!! Is that someone elses rear suspension or did you guys design and machine it?!
arizona z car makes it

Arizona Z Car
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #1499
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
A car I've worked on at work. I welded up the the front re-bar because it was non-esistent.

This was at a show this past weekend.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 AM   #1500
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
that's tight dude. Nice work.