Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #1471
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
Nice work. Very impressive.

What about the Rear 1/2? No Backseat? C-pillar? Quarter glass?
Not sure exactly. It's based off of the same dimensions as the Urge which is a shortened FM platform. I guess to be truly production ready a few inches would need to be added for the back seats.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #1472
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
We're all in the same boat.

Freaq, I agree that I want something better then a 240. But I still want the essence of the 240. Be it a Z or an SX. That being a car more geared towards driving in an affordable package.

The Altima Coupe is more of a, for a lack of a better word, "touring" coupe, where the 370z is a GT car.

The SX MUST be a more barebones focused car. I think it should be able to be maxed out with options, but I'd like to see most rolling off lots to be for the person who wants to feel their car and drive their car then someone looking for Nav, Internet, and every other gadget know to man.

It really should be a poor mans Z. It's the best niche I can think of to market it. Women will buy it cause it's a 'cute sports car', no doubt about that. But for us, it must have it's own personality. It must be a drivers car.

Honestly Mel you should drive a 370 before calling it a GT car lol. I have not driven one yet but all the reports I am hearing say its awesome. It supposedly puts the 350 to shame and nobody was calling a 350 a GT car.

I also feel the price of the 370 is not so out of bounds and the price of a used 350? Just read again what I wrote above about the pricing on 350's.

My current S13 build that is in the paint shop now is my last S chassis build and with that I am doing some pretty dope shit to it IMO. I am doing things have always wanted to do. In the end I will enjoy driving it. I will keep it unless someone pays me good money not to.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #1473
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Honestly Mel you should drive a 370 before calling it a GT car lol. I have not driven one yet but all the reports I am hearing say its awesome. It supposedly puts the 350 to shame and nobody was calling a 350 a GT car.
What do you mean? It is a GT car. So was the Supra, 3000GT, etc.

What do you think of my last rendering?

Last edited by exitspeed; 02-04-2009 at 07:47 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 PM   #1474
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:

Maybe its a matter of perception but to me the 370Z is back to embodiment of the 240Z more than its predecessors ever were. A Supra was bigger heavier car than a 370Z. As was the 3000GT. I think the cars are separate classes comparatively speaking.
the 370Z is a Sports Car not a Sports GT car. Again in my opinion.

On to your rendering its looking quite interesting except not feeling the fender treatment.
Nor do I think Nissan would let something out the door with that radical of a fender treatment.
Mold them in more to the body line. They still look they were stuck on as a afterthought to cover the wheels which is pretty much the way the Urge looked.

Though I would hazard to say that your rendering leans closer to what Nissan would do than most. If they do it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #1475
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yea it seems people aren't feeling the fenders. That's one of my favorite things about the Urge and this rendering.

I might try molding them into the car more though just to see how it looks.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #1476
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
... not feeling the fender treatment.
Nor do I think Nissan would let something out the door with that radical of a fender treatment.
I was thinking the exact same thing. But then I was like hmmmm...

MrFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #1477
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Hahha, good point.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #1478
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nevermind.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #1479
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:

Ya except thats a truck and is allowed to look that way. Trucks can look raw and unrefined and no one will say a word. Do it with a car and then it becomes a whole other story. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #1480
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:

I am not a fan of the fenders, either, i would prefer the stock fender to buldge out towards the wheel ...it would look more muscular..
also the front, when the front bumper of the car goes "down and inwards" it gives the car a timid look, but when it goes "down and out" of the car it gives the car the agressive look all sports cars should have.
thats just my opinion though.
but it has lots of potential.. just needs body mods
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #1481
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like the inward cant of the front. It gives it a distinctive look. That look might be to french for some but I like it. If we can't have low and sleek at least we can have distinctive.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #1482
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Mel I think you should make it look more aggressive. Build it upon that chassis, but throw back to the angry looks of the S14 and S15, and S13 with the light mod
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #1483
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
can't have low and sleek at least we can have distinctive.
i saw a pretty distinctive girl today.... too bad it was a guy...lol..but pretty distinctive..
Old 02-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #1484
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
drift freaq

pics of current car
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #1485
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
I am not a fan of the fenders, either, i would prefer the stock fender to buldge out towards the wheel ...it would look more muscular..
also the front, when the front bumper of the car goes "down and inwards" it gives the car a timid look, but when it goes "down and out" of the car it gives the car the agressive look all sports cars should have.
thats just my opinion though.
but it has lots of potential.. just needs body mods
The pignose 240's had the same style front bumper.

I'm glad you guys are giving me some feedback though. i may continue to work with it. Maybe make a real aggressive version with aero and such.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #1486
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:

I'm glad you guys are giving me some feedback though. i may continue to work with it. Maybe make a real aggressive version with aero and such.
Refer to my above post for my suggestions.

Just a random thought, anyone think that Nissan is leading us in one direction while going in another just so that it will blow our minds even more when it comes out?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #1487
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Can you do a render with a "shark mouth" on it? I think moving away from the split grill will make it look more Nissan(less Renault). Maybe some larger mirrors to, I think it throws the scale off seeing those tiny mirrors.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #1488
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it looked most aggresive in this rendering you did. Good work though.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #1489
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
Refer to my above post for my suggestions.

Just a random thought, anyone think that Nissan is leading us in one direction while going in another just so that it will blow our minds even more when it comes out?
Who freakin knows at this point. I don't really think they will disappoint. I mean look what incredible results they came up with with the 370z and GTR. That might be the reason for the delay and secrecy.

Quote:
Can you do a render with a "shark mouth" on it? I think moving away from the split grill will make it look more Nissan(less Renault). Maybe some larger mirrors to, I think it throws the scale off seeing those tiny mirrors.
I'll make the mirrors larger. I'm switching up the front right now and will probably have it up in a little bit. I took your guys advice and made it far more aggressive but still realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I thought it looked most aggresive in this rendering you did. Good work though.
Thanks. I liked the pignose on that one.

EDIT:

Ok what do you guys think of this version? No more huge fenders, and I made the front more aggressive.

Last edited by exitspeed; 02-05-2009 at 07:15 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #1490
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
thats what i mean.....the "renault look"

Quote:
yea, i know, i dont like the pignose 240's bumper though..

how about if you sorta chopped the front end of a porsche gt2 on there but without the buble lights and a bit more square..like this one
try to make the same style of bumper swooping forward, try at least one like that and see what people think..
Old 02-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #1491
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
I think exitspeed is trying to create a model as close as possible to something that Nissan might actually put out, as opposed to something a majority of us Zilvians would love.

Otherwise it'd have snow-plow aero, 80mm overfenders, and nawz purge out of the cupholders
MrFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #1492
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I think exitspeed is trying to create a model as close as possible to something that Nissan might actually put out, as opposed to something a majority of us Zilvians would love.

Otherwise it'd have snow-plow aero, 80mm overfenders, and nawz purge out of the cupholders
Exactly. There's no way it's going to have hugely aggressive aero right from the factory. That's really the look I'm going for.

Like I said, Nissan said it's going to be based off the Urge so the dimensions and over all design I'm trying to keep.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #1493
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
:
I am saying to have a bumper that goes forward rather than in.. the only cars that have inwards bupers are the fwd nissans, i think if its going to be a successor its gonna look somewhat like the latest models..maybe smaller but similar,
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #1494
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I am saying to have a bumper that goes forward rather than in.. the only cars that have inwards bupers are the fwd nissans, i think if its going to be a successor its gonna look somewhat like the latest models..maybe smaller but similar,
Actually I don't think the next SX will look anything like previous SX's.

And don't forget both the Zenki and Chuki S13's had bumpers that sweeped inwards.

II was looking at doing that with my rendering and it'll actually involve a lot more work. I have to rebuild the entire front. That's one reason I'm being sort of resistant.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #1495
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Actually I don't think the next SX will look anything like previous SX's.

And don't forget both the Zenki and Chuki S13's had bumpers that sweeped inwards.

II was looking at doing that with my rendering and it'll actually involve a lot more work. I have to rebuild the entire front. That's one reason I'm being sort of resistant.
lol.. now it makes sense.. haha
Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #1496
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

The more I look at it the more I see 510 instead of SX. I think it is very close to a modern 510 in proportion.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #1497
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
oh snap...China already got ideas on the new car

Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #1498
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
oh snap...China already got ideas on the new car

looks like a C300/SLK/CLS/G35...lol
looks good though
Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #1499
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
damn, didn't take china long to knockoff nissan's new taillight treatment.

they are getting faster.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #1500
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
looks like a C300/SLK/CLS/G35...lol
looks good though
you forgot to mention rsx