Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #1501
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Of course Stoudemire comes back, and the Knicks loose...
they went on a mental vacation early and they got smoked.

had nothing to do with amare, although, his defense was still horrid.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #1502
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
O, I know of lin's to's. But atleast lin scores and gets assists. BD just hands the ball over to the other team. I think he has more assists for other teams then for the knicks

I have yet to see 1 single thing that has impressed me about bd

bibby should be the starting pg from here on out because he plays smart
In that regard, they're about equally shitty as point guards. Lin has 216 assists to 126 turnovers, which is a 1.71ish-to-1 assists to turnover. You WANT your starting PG to be 3+ in that stat. Baron Davis has 124 assists (lol) to 71 turnovers, which is a 1.74 assists-to-turnover average.

Since it was (stupidly) suggested earlier in this thread that Baron Davis was a point guard on par with the best in the league and now that the season is drawing to a close and the opposite is being proven, I throw the assist/TO stats of the better point guards in the league.

If one was to notice, and are willing to look back over history, Baron Davis has NEVER been high on this list, and all suggestions that he will magically get it together to make it here reeks of oblivious ignorance.

And I write too!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #1503
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I'm surprised Rondo didn't make top 5...he's been an assist machine for such a long time now.

xquizitditz
Old 04-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #1504
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
I'm surprised Rondo didn't make top 5...he's been an assist machine for such a long time now.
He is #4 in assists to turnovers, and only recently has he turned around his penchant for turnovers.

And I write too!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #1505
enkei2k
Super Moderator

enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
oh shit...LOL sorry. I'm blind. It was early and I wasn't fully awake yet.

I'll let y'all make fun of me now.

/fail

xquizitditz
Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #1506
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
like many times before, i looked at the stats before making comment. i compared them on
skills base not stats, give and take on each end.

assist stats is only good on the other end, only good as your teamplay style and type of
player surrounded.
like gsw run/gun style you will score more were especially if your best scorer was jrich. if
you become a primary scorer and ball handler, you will get more TO. lowering your
precious ast/to stats.

lets say davis was on his youth peaking at the current nyk...he would exel more in stat
assist ( with dantoni system which he would have exel too. stat padding). he would lose
some stat assist if he kicks a iso melo and melo is doubled passes to a open
amare/chandler or shooter. he would even get more assist with playing the second unit who is dependent on ball rotation.
there's one consistance that davis have is a pg that blocks and steals. with shump lock
on d, he would have exel further defensively. the stats the doesnt show up.

so yeah... he would have cp3 stats if he had good options with a good team. full
season "what if" projection stats would look like 800ast 30-40blocks 200+steals 12-16ppg .

but,

these are only what if... its like what if sugar ray wasn't on drugs. but, he was that
damn good. he was better than magic? maybe. what if ,bro.

what if....lin is better than pierce 19.95>19.74 per. stats say its true! go linsanity!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #1507
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
oh shit...LOL sorry. I'm blind. It was early and I wasn't fully awake yet.

I'll let y'all make fun of me now.

/fail
No need to pick on you

And I write too!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #1508
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
like many times before, i looked at the stats before making comment. i compared them on
skills base not stats, give and take on each end.

assist stats is only good on the other end, only good as your teamplay style and type of
player surrounded.
like gsw run/gun style you will score more were especially if your best scorer was jrich. if
you become a primary scorer and ball handler, you will get more TO. lowering your
precious ast/to stats.

lets say davis was on his youth peaking at the current nyk...he would exel more in stat
assist ( with dantoni system which he would have exel too. stat padding). he would lose
some stat assist if he kicks a iso melo and melo is doubled passes to a open
amare/chandler or shooter. he would even get more assist with playing the second unit who is dependent on ball rotation.
there's one consistance that davis have is a pg that blocks and steals. with shump lock
on d, he would have exel further defensively. the stats the doesnt show up.

so yeah... he would have cp3 stats if he had good options with a good team. full
season "what if" projection stats would look like 800ast 30-40blocks 200+steals 12-16ppg .

but,

these are only what if... its like what if sugar ray wasn't on drugs. but, he was that
damn good. he was better than magic? maybe. what if ,bro.

what if....lin is better than pierce 19.95>19.74 per. stats say its true! go linsanity!
Who gives a fuck how much skills BD have when he's not using it or producing the numbers you say he should. Even at his peak, BD was never a pass first PG, what makes you think he'd play different in a Knicks uniform to how he played in GS and LAC?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #1509
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I know I'm late to the party but...

They embarrassed the hell out of the Lakers. Bynum had how many turnovers?! And action Jackson/Leonard on Kobe is a winning formula.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #1510
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
And action Jackson/Leonard on Kobe is a winning formula.
Lets not forget though that this was Kobe's first game back after missing 7 due to injury...

Other than that, i agree with you on everything else. The Lakers got their asses kicked and then some....
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 04-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #1511
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If i was coach Woodson....New strategy...

Start beef, win games...Carmelo was confident on fire and had the team fight for the win...

They had something to prove and it worked out great for them today in Atlanta..Knicks FTW.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #1512
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Meta World Peace? Nah, he stayed home today.
Hard to see Meta no getting suspended for that elbow.
At least it's good seeing the Lakers put up a good fight (pun intended?).
Old 04-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #1513
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Question is for how many games...Artest aint exactly on the Stern's good boy list.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #1514
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fuck Stern

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #1515
ManoNegra

ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Spoke too soon I guess
Down by 17 in the third... Goddamn
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #1516
ManoNegra

Phew, we needed this one.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #1517
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
WOW saw the news about Ron Artest elbowing Harden.

Dude is such a piece of living shit. Such poor sportsmanship. Time to change his name again.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #1518
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Russell Westbrook is the new John Starks to me after today, even though it wasn't for a Game 7 of the finals, but still.

xquizitditz
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #1519
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Russell Westbrook is the new John Starks to me after today, even though it wasn't for a Game 7 of the finals, but still.
I need you to explain this to me

And I write too!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #1520
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Westbrook was shooting 2-19 at one point I think, if not worse? Starks had a similar performance (wikipedia says 2-18) that he's notoriously famous for back in the days that many believe cost the Knicks a championship. I'm just saying that if a guy is cold, give it to someone else. I would have taken him out and put Fisher in as PG. Would have been pretty cool to see Fisher in the game instead of Westbrook during OT and make the game winning shot at the end of the first OT.

xquizitditz
Old 04-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #1521
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Old 04-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #1522
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Media is throwing out 10 game suspension out there. Knowing Stern, itll be more than what the media thinks. I wouldnt be surprised if he gets hit up with 25 games or something crazy like that.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #1523
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
10 games is a lot unless the league considered it a punch no matter how much of an "accident" artest made it seem. i was expecting maybe in the range of 5 games or first round of the playoffs, but this is Ron Artest so i wouldn't be surprised if he gets stricter treatment and judged more harshly based on his past history.

although artest says it was unintentional, that totally looked like his crazy side speaking. harden wasn't even in that play. seemed like he just wanted to hit somebody after his dunk unless he was frustrated by harden's hot start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #1524
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
although artest says it was unintentional, that totally looked like his crazy side speaking. harden wasn't even in that play. seemed like he just wanted to hit somebody after his dunk unless he was frustrated by harden's hot start.
My thing is this…
He had JUST dunked (with his weak hand) on two people, and turned around doing the King Kong thing, James Harden got too close and impeded him doing his thing. When Harden did that is when Artest drew back further and cleaned his clock. A large part of Harden getting done up like Lil Mac was him being in the wrong place at the wrong time considering he had no business being that close at that moment, but Artest’s drawback and follow-through leaves me REFUSING to believe it was totally unintentional.

I’m pretty sure he won’t get a MOMENT less than 5 games, but probably more if only for his prior history.

And I write too!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #1525
enkei2k
Super Moderator

So...let's say for the sake of just because, it was a Laker team mate that was there instead of Harden. Would he still receive a flagrant-2? Or what would have happened?

xquizitditz
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #1526
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
So...let's say for the sake of just because, it was a Laker team mate that was there instead of Harden. Would he still receive a flagrant-2? Or what would have happened?
I cannot say that the same thing would not have happened, he DID NOT LOOK at the dude when he did it, he reacted to someone impeding his celebration, he was probably on another planet in his mind.

He wouldn't have been called a Flagrant 2 for beasting his own teammate, though.

And I write too!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #1527
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
he was probably on another planet in his mind.
couldn't have put it in better words than that. this is almost always the case when it comes to Ron Artest. one just has to take a look at his ridiculous name change.

edit: upon further viewing that .gif, it does sort of looked like artest would have hit anyone in that spot whether it be teammate or foe. doesn't look like he even knew who he hit or thought about it, but the motion and the action of the hit was just spawned from that insane mind of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #1528
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Oh man, looking at that gif, he must have known SOMEONE was right next to him. It seems like his movement was more of a gesture for anyone in his immediate area to clear the way...but a bit too aggressive.

If the over/under is 5 games....I got the OVER.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #1529
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Watching it on slow-mo, just makes it look like it was intentional, like he had time to think about it. If you actually watch it as it happened, I dont think it was intentional to the point that he wanted to nail him in the head. I think it was more of him trying to clear somebody off him. He definitely felt somebody in the way, and wanted to clear them out. It wouldnt have been so bad if he didnt miss his shoulder, instead it bounced off Hardens shoulder and clocked him on the back of the head.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #1530
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
EVERYTHING looks intentional in slow mo. After a fast break, dunking on 1 possibly 2 all stars you are pumped. he was celebrating and harden was in the wrong place at the wrong time. im not saying he shouldn't have got a flagrant, but i think the suspension is a bit overboard. however, this is Ron Artest, and his previous track record wont help him. just kinda sucks. i hope Harden is ok, and wish no ill will on him at all. shitty situation for us Laker fans.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Closed Thread