Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #1501
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
90240sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Over head pressed 150 today. I think I can get 160.

And my new personal record for straight dead hang muscle ups is 9.

I <3 retard strength.
9 dead hang muscle ups is awesome. Good job.

I did crossfit total for the 1st time today.
Back Squat: 295
Press: 195 PR
Deadlift: 455 PR
Total: 945

Pretty close to my goal of 1000. I was close to getting a 495 deadlift. Maybe in a month or two.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #1502
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Thats good for your first time. Keep to it and watch you break 1200 haha

9 isnt that much I dont think. A buddy I work with can do 14 straight. I have to get on his level lol
Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #1503
MrBrightSide
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
MrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What supps are you guys taking for pre-workout? Any recommendations besides jacked?
MrBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #1504
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zo0d is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any words of advice for dropping some weight without dropping muscle?

Over the past 3 months I've been focusing on packing on some muscle, so I decided to cut cardio from my routine.

I now feel its time to start losing some weight as I'm just not comfortable in my own skin, but I dont want to lose all the muscle iv'e worked hard for. Any help is appreciated.
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #1505
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Walk instead of jogging, bike, and just eat good.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #1506
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
So I'm 208lbs today. Down from 255lbs in 23.5 weeks. I'm 6ft, how much longer before my six pack shows dammit!? lol

Just to give you an idea, my shoulders and chest striate and my abs will still only be mediocre sometimes, it's not until I get super lean that they look impressive, just keep progressing.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #1507
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90240sr View Post
9 dead hang muscle ups is awesome. Good job.

I did crossfit total for the 1st time today.
Back Squat: 295
Press: 195 PR
Deadlift: 455 PR
Total: 945

Pretty close to my goal of 1000. I was close to getting a 495 deadlift. Maybe in a month or two.
whats with the bullshit squat man!!! you got retarded core strength if you're strict pressing 195 and deading 455 you got 350 easy
Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #1508
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

I know i was kinda upset with my squat. My coach was telling me i need to get better ankle flexibility because when I squat I am rolling onto the inside of my feet. Gives me something to work on.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #1509
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
I know i was kinda upset with my squat. My coach was telling me i need to get better ankle flexibility because when I squat I am rolling onto the inside of my feet. Gives me something to work on.
That's the same problem i had...i've started stretching every time i walk from one building to the next on campus...it's helped a ton.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #1510
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
So I'm 208lbs today. Down from 255lbs in 23.5 weeks. I'm 6ft, how much longer before my six pack shows dammit!? lol
depends if your weight is mostly fat or muscle?
its all about body fat, get near the 12% and abs will start showing up, maybe even a lil before that..
you could be 208 lbs of all muscle looking like a body builder or 208 lbs looking kinda chubby..in that case you wouldnt show abs..
anyways in my opinion 6ft tall look perfect at 190/195 as long as bodyfat is near 12% at least
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #1511
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Love this thread.

Hopefully I get to post progress pics soon.....

I'm currently at 138 at 5' 9 not with 7.1% body fat, I'm still skinny as shit but ever since joining the gym i've been working at getting bigger..

Hoping for at least 155 real soon.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #1512
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Motivation for all.

Inspiration: Powerful Beyond Measure (how great are you?) on Vimeo

If this doesn't motivate you, then just sit down. I hit the gym immediately after watching this. It got me so pumped.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #1513
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Great post^

Almost brought a tear to my eye...
Old 12-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #1514
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
Love this thread.

I'm currently at 138 at 5' 9 not with 7.1% body fat, I'm still skinny as shit but ever since joining the gym i've been working at getting bigger..

wow.138 at 5,9 is real thin, you know the secret already right.. eat eat eat..
seriously you should start trying to eat 2500-3000 calories a day, ( I assume at 138 you only eating about 1000-1500 cal a day.
heres a quick breakdown of how to eat 3k calories a day, however you do need to pre plan all of this , by prepping sandwiches or meals at home to take to school work etc...

morning oatmeal with raisins, 400cal
1hr later tuna sandwich with some greens in it, 300/400 cal
lunch chicken/beef/ plate with brown rice and salad, 700-800 cal
1 hr later tuna sandwich with greens 300/40 cal
you can add boiled eggs in between meals to add a quick 70 cal each egg
then a good dinner with chicken and more b rice and greens + potatoes is another 700-800 cal
if you throw in a few scoops of protein a day, thats another 300-600 cal.

others have different meal plans, thats just one of the meal plans i have, I vary it throughout the week.

(ever since I downloaded fitness pal/calorie counter application) it has helped me a lot in eating more and tracking my progress.. i reccomend it to everyone who is counting calories wether to gain or loose weight..
Old 12-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #1515
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Just to give you an idea, my shoulders and chest striate and my abs will still only be mediocre sometimes, it's not until I get super lean that they look impressive, just keep progressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
depends if your weight is mostly fat or muscle?
its all about body fat, get near the 12% and abs will start showing up, maybe even a lil before that..
you could be 208 lbs of all muscle looking like a body builder or 208 lbs looking kinda chubby..in that case you wouldnt show abs..
anyways in my opinion 6ft tall look perfect at 190/195 as long as bodyfat is near 12% at least
Yeah, I'm not quite sure. I'm wearing size 34 pants now, in the morning my waist is at 33". Navy calc puts me at 14.6% body fat. I feel like its more like 16%.

My original goal was 200lbs but I don't think after losing those next 8lbs is going to get me where I want. I spoke it over with some bodybuilders I trust and I decided to go down to 185lbs, do a maintenance period and then do a slow lean bulk back up to 200lbs. I'm an easy gainer anyways.

Preparing to walk into a gym full of people on Tuesday.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #1516
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not quite sure. I'm wearing size 34 pants now, in the morning my waist is at 33". Navy calc puts me at 14.6% body fat. I feel like its more like 16%.

My original goal was 200lbs but I don't think after losing those next 8lbs is going to get me where I want. I spoke it over with some bodybuilders I trust and I decided to go down to 185lbs, do a maintenance period and then do a slow lean bulk back up to 200lbs. I'm an easy gainer anyways.

Preparing to walk into a gym full of people on Tuesday.
Im 6'1 and I wear size 32/33, so I imagine you being mostly muscular not chubby, cutting the bf alone should make you look real good.

Also a lot depends on your diet, just cutting out most of the greasy foods, made my bf % drop about 2.5 % in 2 weeks.
then I increased my calorie input but still eating super healthy and gained the 5lbs I had lost back, in all muscle..
Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #1517
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

You guys should stop worrying about looking good and start worrying about performing for days on end :P
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #1518
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
lol, I hear ya. I've been improving on all my lifts consistently and just tonight I shaved 5 minutes off my 5 mile run.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #1519
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
after a long BAJA vacation, finally back to Crossfit today.
I missed this thread! Ill be back later on to catch up lol.

Workout of the Day

“2012″

For Time:

20 Handstand Push Ups

12 Power Cleans (165/110)

20 Pistols

12 Toes to Bar

20 KB Swings (Red/Blue)

12 Squat Snatches (165/110)

20 Jump Overs (24/20)

12 Muscle Ups

20 Bar Facing Burpees

12 Squat Clean Thrusters (165/110)

finished
23:20

GOALS FOR 2012

500lb+ deadlift
3 minute FRAN time.
58" stationary box jump.

Last edited by WISH ONE; 01-02-2012 at 09:27 PM..
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #1520
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo0d View Post
Any words of advice for dropping some weight without dropping muscle?

Over the past 3 months I've been focusing on packing on some muscle, so I decided to cut cardio from my routine.

I now feel its time to start losing some weight as I'm just not comfortable in my own skin, but I dont want to lose all the muscle iv'e worked hard for. Any help is appreciated.
My best advice is slow and steady fatloss.
If you lose weight too fast you can easily compromise your hard earned muscle. Im not sure what your body fat percentage is but if youre in the low teens id try to stick to no more than 2lb loss per week.
1.Feed your muscles so make sure youre always hitting your macros especially in the protein department.
2. switch to lower carb diet and lightly up your fat intake(good fats).
3. monitor your calories and find the sweet spot for caloric deficit. Usually +/- 500 cals from your daily intake. If your deficit is too great you risk muscle loss.
4. Intermittent fasting- it has worked great for me.

Quote:
are you using lifting shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
Love this thread.

want a quick and dirty(affordable) solution?
tons of tuna sandwiches and peanut butter or PBJ sandwiches too.
Lots and lots of milk! Milk is great for growth.

All of you trying to put on size or make strength gains-
If you arent lactose intolerent and you are not drinking milk, youre missing out period! WHOLE MILK makes an awesome post workout drink. It has tons of calories, protein, and proven to up your IGF, HGH, insulin, and testosterone levels.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #1521
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

I use vans. I tried some oly lifting shoes once and really liked them. I might pick up a pair after I do some research.

MILK is the key for me to keep my weight on.

Anyone doing the tri-county shakedown? I'm gonna do it with some people from my gym. Pretty excited because I have never done a team event. I got so much crap to work on.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #1522
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

For sure get the Oly shoes they help alot with ankle flexibility problems.
I picked up a pair of the adidas powerlift trainers.
Sad part is I havent got to use them yet, they run a tad bigger than expected. I wear a 9 and probably need an 8.5.
Not sure what size you wear but I may need to sell my powerlifts if I can not return them for a smaller size.

Last edited by WISH ONE; 01-03-2012 at 12:03 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #1523
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
want a quick and dirty(affordable) solution?
tons of tuna sandwiches and peanut butter or PBJ sandwiches too.
Lots and lots of milk! Milk is great for growth. [/B]
^^
Definitely. Squat heavy and drink like half a gallon or more of milk per day.

That video up above was great. The real deal 48 hr Spartan death race is a hell of a thing. I'd like to try obstacle racing at some point.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #1524
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Tuesday
Hit 445 Deadlift on 3RM
then
WOD
B. 3 Rounds:

In 5:00 – Run 400m 1x

In the remaining amount of time:

AMRAP:

5 Deadlifts (275/185)

25 Double Unders

Rest 2:00 b/w Rounds

Today
Workout of the Day

A. 21-18-15-12-9-6-3

Power Snatch (95/65)

Wall Ball (20/14)

B. 3-6-9-12-15-18-21

Push Press (95/65)

Box Jump (24/20)

My back is absolutely fried.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #1525
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

I'm a fatty.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #1526
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

445 3RM Deadlift is legit. Good job.

I did the WOD Adam Brown last night:
24 295# Deadlift
24 24" Box Jump
24 20# Wall Ball
24 195# Bench Press
24 24" Box Jump
24 20# Wall Ball
24 145# Clean

2 rounds of that. I almost quit. Took my 44:13 and my back is tore up.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #1527
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

ADAM BROWN looks Dope!

Also this is useful for people trying to figure out cals and what not. Not exact but a good baseline
Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
Old 01-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #1528
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

whats a good work out for lower abs?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #1529
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
wow.138 at 5,9 is real thin, you know the secret already right.. eat eat eat..
seriously you should start trying to eat 2500-3000 calories a day, ( I assume at 138 you only eating about 1000-1500 cal a day.
heres a quick breakdown of how to eat 3k calories a day, however you do need to pre plan all of this , by prepping sandwiches or meals at home to take to school work etc...

morning oatmeal with raisins, 400cal
1hr later tuna sandwich with some greens in it, 300/400 cal
lunch chicken/beef/ plate with brown rice and salad, 700-800 cal
1 hr later tuna sandwich with greens 300/40 cal
you can add boiled eggs in between meals to add a quick 70 cal each egg
then a good dinner with chicken and more b rice and greens + potatoes is another 700-800 cal
if you throw in a few scoops of protein a day, thats another 300-600 cal.

others have different meal plans, thats just one of the meal plans i have, I vary it throughout the week.

(ever since I downloaded fitness pal/calorie counter application) it has helped me a lot in eating more and tracking my progress.. i reccomend it to everyone who is counting calories wether to gain or loose weight..
Just wanted to say THANK YOU.

I've gained 8 pounds so far.....Still going...

The hardest thing I'm finding is. How to keep eating even when your body says its full...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #1530
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
ADAM BROWN looks Dope!

Also this is useful for people trying to figure out cals and what not. Not exact but a good baseline
Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
That's what I used to help me calculate my calories and macros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
whats a good work out for lower abs?
When I get to a lower bf% and start to work abs I'm thinking of following something along these lines:

Shredded Abs Using K.I.S.S Training | SimplyShredded.com